20230724_214859 (resized).jpg
20230724_214908 (resized).jpg
20230724_214917 (resized).jpg
20230724_214926 (resized).jpg
SC.jpg
sc01 (resized).jpg
76CED567-D3F5-426D-95C3-126ABD33A46C (resized).jpeg
Hammered (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 4 years ago

Brand new member of the club this weekend! What an unusual, innovative game this is. I had actually never played it before making a deal for one. But I had read enough about it, and I knew this was different than anything out there. So far, I'm pleased with the way this plays. Such a creative, outside-the-box pin with a clever mini playfield and decent video/gameboard. To me, this feels like what Baby Pac-Man was going for. It's too bad this didn't catch on better. I understand the plan was for more versions of these mini magic token games. I wish we'd been able to see what was next.

I do have a perplexing issue, my magic tokens will not dispense. I have an error warning at power up, which says something like "check left token mech" and "check right token mech". When I try the "dispense token" in the test mode, it doesn't do anything. I examined the token tubes and mechs, and they look fine. About 100 tokens in each tube, and they seem in place. All the wiring looks well soldered and the plugs appear secure.

Any ideas? Are there any common issues with the token dispenser? That's the only notable issue with this game, it plays very well. It just won't dispense tokens, which is a key feature!

I appreciate any responses!

IMG_2686 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_2686 (2) (resized).jpg
#378 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

mine did this same thing too when I got it , I think moving this game , head down etc.. can cause switch errors for the coin mech. if you go back a few pages you can find my posts & how it was remedied , basically run it through switch test WITH COIN DOOR CLOSED or switch depressed , do that a couple of times & see if it doesn't clear

Thanks very much for the help! I don't know what the issue was, but I removed the two coins in the bottom of the mech, moved the lever back and forth to make sure it was free and no coins were stuck, and then I simply reset the settings to factory and the credit dot went away. Played a game and won a token and out it came, down the glass. First time I've ever seen that in action, pretty awesome feature.

Per the seller it was working fine before it traveled, so you are very likely right, moving these can cause switch errors even without any major issue. Glad it's all working 100% now. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-club-dig-up-your-coins?tu=pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.