20230724_214859 (resized).jpg
20230724_214908 (resized).jpg
20230724_214917 (resized).jpg
20230724_214926 (resized).jpg
SC.jpg
sc01 (resized).jpg
76CED567-D3F5-426D-95C3-126ABD33A46C (resized).jpeg
Hammered (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#508 2 years ago

I'm happy to be joining the SC club soon! Found a very nice example that is currently getting a refresh/restoration but I had a couple questions that I hoped you all would have the answers to.
- Clear ramps - are they available from any sources other than Mad? How do they look in person? I get it's personal taste but I have never seen an SC with clear ramps in person.
- GI OCD - does it fit and does it have any benefits? I'm not concerned about the power-saving dimming after the game sits on for a while but if it dims during gameplay and it physically fits on the board I'd do it.
- Sound upgrade - Any suggestions? Been a while since I've played one of these but if there's some benefit to better speakers/amp on this machine I'm interested.
Thanks!

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Congrats on joining the club soon!
- I have a set of NOS clear ramps. I got them years ago for my restoration but never put them in. DM me if you are interested.
- I have one in mine. I am not sure I have noticed a huge difference as in some other games like RBION.
- Since it's a smaller cabinet, I did not upgrade my speakers. I personally do not think you need to.
Curious to hear other folk's thoughts.

- PM sent on ramps.
- maybe Ill go with just LED OCD for now. Thanks for the tip.
- I enjoy good sound on a pinball if achievable. Pinsound doesn't have any mixes for SC so thats probably overkill. Maybe ill try a Flipper Fidelity kit. Not having the machine to look at here, would there be any issues with space for the deeper speakers in the back box?
Any other suggested adds on a SC restore? Playfield is getting cleared, new support rails, and a new rope light going in among other things. I think Ill keep cliffys/mantis out for now as this isn't going to get played very hard in my house and the playfield has beautiful edges on all its scoops & kickouts.

#514 2 years ago

Thanks to marioparty34 for letting his clear ramp set go!

Quoted from Sonic:

I'd suggest a mantis for the kickout (don't fool yourself) when you restore a playfield - mantis is the way to go....however, Cliffy makes the ramp protector - a must have. There is a coil-cover for the ball lock available - it makes things look nice - consider it. If your drop target decals and flat playfield spinner decal is needed - PM for those. Consider NVRAM of course.
Matt

I found out that the restorer already had all of these things with the machine but thank you for the response.

Quoted from brucea1956:

I put Pinwoofer sound in mine. The quality is very good, service is great. And I hear many of the sound effects much clearer now. Love the upgrade!

Might be overkill on an SC but I pulled the trigger on a Pinwoofer.

Nice. Does anyone do custom painting on this or the original bank? I vaguely remember seeing them painted up somewhere. Might look nice having the details highlighted on both.

9 months later
#589 1 year ago

Hey all, happy to be posting here as I recently received my freshly restored SC. After finally making it to Assault the Vault I discovered one small problem. I would get random tilt warnings including occasional "slam tilts" as the balls were firing - never able to finish AtV before too many tilts.
I have narrowed it down to when there is a ball sitting in the B lane scoop AND a ball is in the shooter lane at the same time - it will always tilt. This can also be replicated during regular game play when I put a ball in the scoop and manually depress the shooter lane switch.
I'm a newbie when it comes to diagnosing problems with pins so any advice on how to start trouble shooting this would be welcomed.

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

I have narrowed it down to when there is a ball sitting in the B lane scoop AND a ball is in the shooter lane at the same time - it will always tilt.

Forgot to mention that this will also often times add players to the game. So after a couple tilts and ball is over there will be a player 2, 3, etc.

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

We talked about some trouble shooting and op found the switch to the B lane scoop was wired incorrectly and the diode was reversed. He switched that out and everything seems to be working correctly now.

Thank you for all the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-club-dig-up-your-coins?tu=MLmotorsport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.