20230724_214859 (resized).jpg
20230724_214908 (resized).jpg
20230724_214917 (resized).jpg
20230724_214926 (resized).jpg
SC.jpg
sc01 (resized).jpg
76CED567-D3F5-426D-95C3-126ABD33A46C (resized).jpeg
Hammered (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Do a search here for that seller. He's horrid. You don't want to buy from him anyways.

I believe it...and I'll never buy anything from him again...

2 weeks later
#403 3 years ago

So question Gents...Why when I insert a coin (magic token) the machine doesn't go into Assault the vault mode? I don't see an adjustment to turn this off unless I'm missing it...It sees the token as it chimes when inserted.

#404 3 years ago

& after you hear the coin register you then push start & nothing happens ??

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

& after you hear the coin register you then push start & nothing happens ??

..just starts a new game...

#406 3 years ago

How many coin slots does your game have?

#407 3 years ago

does you coin door look like this ?

20200709_172259[1] (resized).jpg20200709_172259[1] (resized).jpg
#408 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

does you coin door look like this ?
[quoted image]

it doesn't have that decal, but it is the magic token coin slot...the mech is red in color. I'll grab a pic...
20200709_174604 (resized).jpg20200709_174604 (resized).jpg20200709_174616 (resized).jpg20200709_174616 (resized).jpg

edit..may have found the problem, someone wired both coin switches to the same wire, the "token" wire was dangling in the wind......working on it now

yup...wrong wire ...working now...all good

#409 3 years ago

Assault the vault is epic

1 week later
#410 3 years ago

Looking to trade my TOM for a Safe Cracker if someone is interested. PM me

Machine - For Sale
Theatre of Magic Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Reduced to sell!!!! Time to change up my collection and I am selling my very nice Theatre of Magic. Game was recently shopped with new rubbers and cleaned. All ramps were removed...”
2020-08-15
Richfield, MI
6,999 (OBO)
Archived after: 110 days
Viewed: 1000 times

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

it doesn't have that decal, but it is the magic token coin slot...the mech is red in color. I'll grab a pic...
[quoted image][quoted image]
edit..may have found the problem, someone wired both coin switches to the same wire, the "token" wire was dangling in the wind......working on it now
yup...wrong wire ...working now...all good

Monkfe, glad you figured it out. Recently I was having issues with my Safe Cracker also. Could not get the magic token to credit up and the coin mechanism had to be rebuilt. Here is an interesting article for others to read about the wiring of the magic token mechanism to credit into Assault the Vault. This helped me figure out my issue after reading.

https://www.flippers.be/pinball/bally/safecracker/safe_cracker_coinmech.html

3 weeks later
#412 3 years ago

If anyone wants to sell me their clear ramp set please PM me.

#413 3 years ago

I am looking for a box of international tokens. Please PM me if you have one that you would sell.

1 week later
#414 3 years ago

Has anyone bought the Mirco playfield and have any thoughts on the quality etc? Installed it yet?

#415 3 years ago

Does anyone have any of these Safecracker tokens? I have a few extras I would trade towards:

-Silver Safe coin
-Safecracker Exploding
-Satellite Dish
-Candy 2000
-Timer
-Sleeping Guard
-TOKEN pin
-Prototype coin (I know this one is tough to find)

Not looking for repro ones. Shoot me a PM if you got any to trade or sell. Thanks!

#416 3 years ago

Please describe the prototype coin

#417 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of all of the different coins

FF2BC002-AF61-42B7-B367-79525B6F4038 (resized).jpegFF2BC002-AF61-42B7-B367-79525B6F4038 (resized).jpeg
#418 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Does anyone have any of these Safecracker tokens? I have a few extras I would trade towards:
-Silver Safe coin
-Safecracker Exploding
-Satellite Dish
-Candy 2000
-Timer
-Sleeping Guard
-TOKEN pin
-Prototype coin (I know this one is tough to find)
Not looking for repro ones. Shoot me a PM if you got any to trade or sell. Thanks!

How can you tell the repro ones from the original ones?

#419 3 years ago

Those TPFs are reproductions. You can tell a reproduction by looking at the "SAFECRACKER" side. Originals will have the "Bally" logo. Reproductions will not. I made a bunch of NW Pinball and Arcade Show tokens and due to copyright issues that "Bally" logo cannot be used.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Those TPFs are reproductions. You can tell a reproduction by looking at the "SAFECRACKER" side. Originals will have the "Bally" logo. Reproductions will not. I made a bunch of NW Pinball and Arcade Show tokens and due to copyright issues that "Bally" logo cannot be used.

Except there were repros made by PPS I believe that copied the originas and had the Bally logo.

#421 3 years ago

I don't think PPS made any reproductions. They simple found some remaining old stock. If they did make reproductions why not make an entire set of them rather than just the handful of designs available on their website? I wouldn't be surprised if the original plates have been lost to time.

I bought one of the last full sets of international tokens from BAA (before they merged with PPS). I got lucky. I can't remember if I was in email communication or it showed up when I was browsing but I've never seen a full set for sale since then. The sad part is that it remains sealed. I use the NW Pinball and Arcade Show tokens in my machines. Other than this year (2020 - the show was canceled) the machine typically dispenses about 50 tokens in total over the 3 days of the show.

#423 3 years ago

yes we remade them only International sets 15 x 20 designs plus proto making it 301 pce set

Problem was cost to make them was high, Tooling still exists I have some of the original tooling still in my possession , I know Rick looked at it a few years ago and it took 10 years to sell the 250 sets i made at the time in 2007

1 week later
#424 3 years ago

Can someone send me a link to the latest ROM for safecracker (Rev 1.8)? ...I downloaded it from IPDB and can't get it to work correctly...not sure why. I tried a different ROM and same issue, back panel lights come one with some DMD gibberish.

edit- found it...the one from IPDB seems to be defective, downloaded it from Planetary and it worked fine...

2 weeks later
#425 3 years ago

Guys, I’m currently installing my set of clear ramps and realised the coil from the ball launcher is going to stand out like dogs balls now, whereas the red ramp used to hide it somewhat. Any clever ideas on how to best disguise it?

2A959D7E-D316-4B8F-985D-DB4935F5BACC (resized).jpeg2A959D7E-D316-4B8F-985D-DB4935F5BACC (resized).jpeg
#426 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Guys, I’m currently installing my set of clear ramps and realised the coil from the ball launcher is going to stand out like dogs balls now, whereas the red ramp used to hide it somewhat. Any clever ideas on how to best disguise it?[quoted image]

reach out to mr_tantrum and come up with a decal he'll make it for ya....I did this on my high speed ramp

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

reach out to mr_tantrum and come up with a decal he'll make it for ya....I did this on my high speed ramp

Thanks - he is happy to make up some sort of decal but would like an idea of what graphic to put there. Any ideas? I was thinking something similar to the playfield artwork but don’t want it to look hokey. Maybe that green pattern on the bottom lane guides? Or the cop on the playfield? Or the hand holding money on the playfield?
Here’s how it looks in the game nude:

EDA5D229-91EB-4D75-826B-A62FF7811F4E (resized).jpegEDA5D229-91EB-4D75-826B-A62FF7811F4E (resized).jpeg
#428 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

he is happy to make up some sort of decal but would like an idea of what graphic to put there

Just a couple ideas. A graphic of a giant Spring or plunger mechanism? , A cannon ?

#429 3 years ago

Just had another idea but would require an artist. The mechanical robot guard dog , a view from above as if he is looking down that lane ready to pounce

#430 3 years ago

Since it's the ball lock - I think a pinball going into a safe kind of graphic (I'm not an artist) - in the tone of the rest of the artwork - would be really nice.....

#431 3 years ago

Some cool suggestions thanks. I’m going to have to check on the how artistic he can get. I’m thinking for less work, the truck on the playfield could be quite good as it signifies movement and kind of fits the shape. The cop could also be good as he is at the entrance of the ramp when you go for the lock shot and appears on the DMD when the ball gets shot up to the lock. But it could be a bit repetitive seeing him twice (whereas the truck’s quite obscured)
I do like the pinball going into the safe idea also as well as the Cyber-dog from above.
Will chat to the guy and see what he thinks.

9745FEF2-6B91-4A5B-8A03-4B667FCCFD8E (resized).jpeg9745FEF2-6B91-4A5B-8A03-4B667FCCFD8E (resized).jpegE425C266-2CA9-4955-BD70-E8ACAAF5DFF5 (resized).jpegE425C266-2CA9-4955-BD70-E8ACAAF5DFF5 (resized).jpeg
#432 3 years ago

Here is the custom decal set I designed with dluth for Safe Cracker. I don't have pics installed yet as the decals will soon be on their way to Australia, but I've attached a photo of the actual decals along with the sizing test that dluth performed so you can see how they will look installed (of course his test prints are from his printer on plain paper).

I make these decals using a 6 ink photo quality printer using OEM inks and printed on gloss adhesive backed vinyl. I then coat them with a clear gloss vinyl for protection and then machine cut them using my vinyl cutter system.

I'm offering the set of 2 decals (gun and bullet) for $30 including US postage to anyone who wished to purchase, and these will work on both the clear and red ramps. Please PM me if interested in purchasing.

IMG_4539.JPGIMG_4539.JPGSafe Cracker.jpegSafe Cracker.jpeg
2 weeks later
#433 3 years ago

I have been wanting a Safe Cracker since I played one on the boardwalk in Hampton Beach, 24 years ago. If anyone has one that is collecting dust, or thinking about moving on, please let me know. Thank you.

1 week later
#434 3 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Super delicious candy red safecracker ramp!”
2020-12-03
Dayton, OH
85 (Firm)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 115 times

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Parts - For Sale

Safecracker NOS ramp (Red)

New!

New “Super delicious candy red safecracker ramp”

2 hours ago

Dayton, OH

250 (OBO)

Green-Machine

Can you get a closeup of the Y ....I don't see a protector with the ramp and it looks damaged?

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Can you get a closeup of the Y ....I don't see a protector with the ramp and it looks damaged?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgnothing damaged. Cliffy protector? They don’t come with ramps that I’ve ever known

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]nothing damaged. Cliffy protector? They don’t come with ramps that I’ve ever known[quoted image]

Yep...Cliffy has had them for years now... http://www.passionforpinball.com/scpro.htm

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Yep...Cliffy has had them for years now... http://www.passionforpinball.com/scpro.htm

Yes, I know Cliffy makes them but I’ve never found one already on a new ramp that I’ve purchased. That is what I meant.

#439 3 years ago

Its getting close for me to shop out my SC (bought it NIB in the 90's) and since I moved, I now have room to put the topper on. BUT I cant find the brackets. Does any one have a pic of the originals so I can fabricate them? or know where I can buy them?

#440 3 years ago

New lower price

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Super delicious candy red safecracker ramp!”
2020-12-03
Dayton, OH
85 (Firm)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 115 times

1 week later
#441 3 years ago

I am a new member of the Safe Cracker Club. This is actually my second Safe Cracker. I had one from 2007 to 2017. There was a short in my game that I could never diagnose. Change out the driver board multiple times. It was out of commission more than it worked. Finally got rid of the game and always regretted it. I’ve already done the Heat Shrink around the Lanyard (Maybe this is what was causing the short on my old game!). I do have a few questions:

1) Anyone know where I can get a set of Support Rails? I’ve contacted Paul Drabik and he no longer has any rails left.

2) My new game is missing the Rope Light. Can someone give me some details and send me a pic of where the Rope Light plugs in? I can’t find anything in the manual about it. I am looking for a replacement. I saw the multi-color one, but I think I might wait until I can find an “original” looking replacement.

3) My game still has the Version 1.1 Rom. Is it really worth upgrading to the Version 1.8?

Thanks for all your help.

Glad to be a Safe Cracker owner again.

Ken

PB120980 (resized).JPGPB120980 (resized).JPG
#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Khsjsilver:

I am a new member of the Safe Cracker Club. This is actually my second Safe Cracker. I had one from 2007 to 2017. There was a short in my game that I could never diagnose. Change out the driver board multiple times. It was out of commission more than it worked. Finally got rid of the game and always regretted it. I’ve already done the Heat Shrink around the Lanyard (Maybe this is what was causing the short on my old game!). I do have a few questions:
1) Anyone know where I can get a set of Support Rails? I’ve contacted Paul Drabik and he no longer has any rails left.
2) My new game is missing the Rope Light. Can someone give me some details and send me a pic of where the Rope Light plugs in? I can’t find anything in the manual about it. I am looking for a replacement. I saw the multi-color one, but I think I might wait until I can find an “original” looking replacement.
3) My game still has the Version 1.1 Rom. Is it really worth upgrading to the Version 1.8?
Ken[quoted image]

Looking good!

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Khsjsilver:

Ken[quoted image]

#1 Paul is the guy - if you can't twist his arm - I'm not certain what you can do - he makes them from time to time - but he's the end all....
#2 Someone on here may know - I've not looked before
#3. Absolutely upgrade...yes...

#444 3 years ago

Guys, just putting my cabinet back together and not sure where this piece goes. Pretty sure it’s for organising coin door cables but can’t find any screw holes for it. Can anyone share a pic of where it goes? Thanks

352D4BAA-8306-436F-9646-FC5AC3967CFC (resized).jpeg352D4BAA-8306-436F-9646-FC5AC3967CFC (resized).jpeg
#445 3 years ago

It goes on the top edge of the coin door over near the start button. It releases the switches when you open the door to kill the high voltage.

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

It goes on the top edge of the coin door over near the start button. It releases the switches when you open the door to kill the high voltage.

Many thanks!

8BDDB6A0-4E66-4912-A283-8012B9FCA09C (resized).jpeg8BDDB6A0-4E66-4912-A283-8012B9FCA09C (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#447 3 years ago

Hey Safe Crackers...just doing a playfield swap and missing a pic - wanted to confirm this is the right post (circled). Is the section behind the lower right drops.

BAA9F23D-21C1-49F8-95A4-904C9F0F603B (resized).jpegBAA9F23D-21C1-49F8-95A4-904C9F0F603B (resized).jpeg
#448 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Hey Safe Crackers...just doing a playfield swap and missing a pic - wanted to confirm this is the right post (circled). Is the section behind the lower right drops.[quoted image]

I have the same post without the washer.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I have the same post without the washer.

Thanks - most of mine had washers on the old playfield - not sure they’re needed on the new Mirco playfield.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thanks - most of mine had washers on the old playfield - not sure they’re needed on the new Mirco playfield.

Absolutely you will need washers under these posts with Mirco playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-club-dig-up-your-coins/page/9?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.