20230724_214859 (resized).jpg
20230724_214908 (resized).jpg
20230724_214917 (resized).jpg
20230724_214926 (resized).jpg
SC.jpg
sc01 (resized).jpg
76CED567-D3F5-426D-95C3-126ABD33A46C (resized).jpeg
Hammered (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 7 years ago

Took three different thumb drives until I was able to get it to update. Looks Great!

#152 7 years ago

I just installed it. Looks great! I felt it was a bit too bright out of the box, so I lowered the brightness down to 2, and I think it looks perfect.

#153 7 years ago

I'm going to order it this weekend. Any installation tips or advice that is different from normal sized installs?

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm going to order it this weekend. Any installation tips or advice that is different from normal sized installs?

No. It's a piece of cake. Just pop out the old DMD and put in the new one. I'd recommend following these optional instructions to mount the DMD a bit lower than normal ...

http://www.colordmd.com/SC%20OPTIONAL%20MOUNTING%20INSTRUCTIONS%20Rev1.PDF

#155 7 years ago

Safe cracker with 1 play on it since opening it. Yes it exists... no I can't buy it yet.. six years of trying. Some day I'll get it

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Safe cracker with 1 play on it since opening it. Yes it exists... no I can't buy it yet.. six years of trying. Some day I'll get it

Ok, there has to be more of a story here ...

#157 7 years ago

Great to know about the DMD position. I thought it was an installation error. I'm definitely wanting one of these now.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Took three different thumb drives until I was able to get it to update. Looks Great!

Me too as FYI, no logic to it tried 3 different USB drives, none worked reformatted 2 and tried again, didn't work, did it a third time and it worked. So if it happens to anyone else just try and retry again. It looks great, brings new life to Safecracker animations

Love that it can be easily re-positioned for the viewing angles to be better.

#159 7 years ago

No problem installing the code, I always use the same jump drive. Yes, I installed mine in the lower position.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

mine has something like 450 plays

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mine has something like 450 plays

The guy had two. One was nib that I bought off him six years ago or so... that game is now in tiger laws collection... at some point I'll go back for the open game with one play... he will eventually let me get it

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The controller board for the LED Color DMD sits on the right side for installation.

Slide the Color DMD into it's position from the right side and not the left, to compensate for the raised board.

If sliding the DMD from the left side, you will have to loosen and lift up on the coin tubes.

Not necessary and you run the risk of cracking your tubes !!!

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

at some point I'll go back for the open game with one play... he will eventually let me get it

What exactly is he or you waiting for, the big 2nd game or something? Why not now?!

3 weeks later
#164 7 years ago

Are the support rails still available?

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Paul Drabik is the guy who makes them. I would suggest reaching out to him to see if he has any or is planning on running any soon. His contact information is on his site ...

http://www.wannapinball.com/

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

If your handy with a drill and cut off wheel you could make some in about an hour

20170410_173120 (resized).jpg20170410_173120 (resized).jpg

#167 7 years ago

does anybody have the coindoor lock that looks like a safe dial. i have one with my new machine and don't know how it works

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

does anybody have the coindoor lock that looks like a safe dial. i have one with my new machine and don't know how it works

It's just a combination lock. But if you don't know the combination you might have a bit of a problem.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Ya I have one on mine but fortunately have the combination as well.

#170 7 years ago

is the combo lock still avaliable? who has they?

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I assume the are set to something default when you buy them but no idea where they came from, mine was on my game when I bought it and lucky the guy had a sticky note on the back of the topper with the combo.......oh crap there goes my secret hiding place of my combination.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

.....oh crap there goes my secret hiding place of my combination.

Next time I'm over, I'm stealing your tilt bob!

#173 7 years ago

I have a couple SC tech issues. Both just showed up after I moved the machine and installed my CDMD, so I am hoping I just need to reseat something or replace a fuse.

1) The Game Board lights (back box) are on all the time. If I get to playing the game up top, all the lights stay on and I just hear what is going on normally. LCD is doing what it is supposed to.

2) My "ALARM" stand ups don't register. All of them. They light up during attract mode but no lights or points when hit during game play. All 5 show up as an error when you run a test. (I know for sure this issue was going on before I installed the cdmd today)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

I have a couple SC tech issues. Both just showed up after I moved the machine and installed my CDMD, so I am hoping I just need to reseat something or replace a fuse.
1) The Game Board lights (back box) are on all the time. If I get to playing the game up top, all the lights stay on and I just hear what is going on normally. LCD is doing what it is supposed to.
2) My "ALARM" stand ups don't register. All of them. They light up during attract mode but no lights or points when hit during game play. All 5 show up as an error when you run a test. (I know for sure this issue was going on before I installed the cdmd today)
Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Perhaps you knocked some connectors loose when installing the ColorDMD?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Perhaps you knocked some connectors loose when installing the ColorDMD?

That's what I was thinking. I reseated the ones around where I was moving things. Do you happen to know which one(s) is specific to the "board game"?

Thanks!

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

I have a couple SC tech issues.
2) My "ALARM" stand ups don't register. All of them. They light up during attract mode but no lights or points when hit during game play. All 5 show up as an error when you run a test.

Sorry for the bad news, but neither problem is fixable. You need to just get rid of the machine by selling it to me.

Joe

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Yes, they are still available at Big Daddy Enterprises, for 15.50 but they have a 30.00 minimum order.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

ebay.com link: itm

#179 7 years ago

I'll be selling a SC for friend. If you're looking for one PM.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Sorry for the bad news, but neither problem is fixable. You need to just get rid of the machine by selling it to me.
Joe

Crap! I was afraid of that!

3 weeks later
#181 6 years ago

ColorDMD is sold out of Safe Cracker color DMD displays?

#182 6 years ago

Anyone care to offer their estimate of what an NOS full set of domestic tokens (box of 300) is worth?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone care to offer their estimate of what an NOS full set of domestic tokens (box of 300) is worth?

How much do you want for them?

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

How much do you want for them?

Don't know if I want to sell them as long as I own the game. Just curious as to what people think they are worth.

#185 6 years ago

I have kind of the same thing. I bought my SC from someone that bought from a distributer new. I still have 3 sealed Williams bags that contain 50 domestic tokens each but all are the same in the bag. So did they come as a set with new games? Or do I have refill bags? I just haven't seen any original tokens selling in 50 piece bags. Just curious as to the value like you.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I have kind of the same thing. I bought my SC from someone that bought from a distributer new. I still have 3 sealed Williams bags that contain 50 domestic tokens each but all are the same in the bag. So did they come as a set with new games? Or do I have refill bags? I just haven't seen any original tokens selling in 50 piece bags. Just curious as to the value like you.

What I have is the full set that was orderable. The box contains 20 sealed bags of 15 tokens each - one bag of each of the different designs, 19 brass and 1 silver. The boxes were available in both the domestic and international sizes. When WMS went out of business I bought 2 boxes of domestic tokens and one international (I can't remember why I bought the international set). I've traded away 2 boxes over the years, but still have the one left.

I do not know what was shipped with the game new. My game was purchased about 6-8 months after release (I am the second or third owner). I have not seen the bags you mention (nor did I know they existed), but they could be what came with the game. It makes that there would have been refill bags for ops that wanted tokens in the tubes but didn't care that they didn't have all the designs.

I have quite a few tokens in the game and haven't lost many in the 18 years I've had the game. I was thinking about putting the NOS set in the game to fill up the tubes, but then thought it might be more valuable to keep as an extra to sell with the game. On the other hand, if someone has a restored game and no tokens, maybe an NOS set would come in handy. It doesn't seem likely they will ever be reproduced by PPS.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

ColorDMD is sold out of Safe Cracker color DMD displays?

Anyone know if ColorDMD is going to make more Safe Cracker DMDs?

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

ALOT!

It took me looking for a while to find a bunch for my game. I am not sure if anyone will want a box of 300, but seems $4-5 per coin is the norm in bulk?

2 weeks later
#189 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know if ColorDMD is going to make more Safe Cracker DMDs?

Looks like they're back in stock.

You better hurry!

#190 6 years ago

The tokens are worth a lot!

#191 6 years ago

Getting ready to list some domestic coins on eBay... just thought I would share pics here first... I have 16 diff domestic coins..here's what I call them
Toy dog
Satellite dish
Double safe cracker both sides
Money bag
Burglar on a rope
Safe dial
Cop eating donut
Hands spinning a dial
Stop watch
Acme truck
Sleeping cop
Burglar holding money
Bally token-pin
Pat lawlor hand button(pld)
Dice
Get away van

#192 6 years ago

Close up of each version

IMG_8315 (resized).JPGIMG_8315 (resized).JPG

IMG_8316 (resized).JPGIMG_8316 (resized).JPG

IMG_8317 (resized).JPGIMG_8317 (resized).JPG

IMG_8318 (resized).JPGIMG_8318 (resized).JPG

IMG_8319 (resized).JPGIMG_8319 (resized).JPG

IMG_8320 (resized).JPGIMG_8320 (resized).JPG

IMG_8321 (resized).JPGIMG_8321 (resized).JPG

IMG_8322 (resized).JPGIMG_8322 (resized).JPG

IMG_8323 (resized).JPGIMG_8323 (resized).JPG

IMG_8324 (resized).JPGIMG_8324 (resized).JPG

IMG_8325 (resized).JPGIMG_8325 (resized).JPG

IMG_8326 (resized).JPGIMG_8326 (resized).JPG

IMG_8327 (resized).JPGIMG_8327 (resized).JPG

IMG_8328 (resized).JPGIMG_8328 (resized).JPG

IMG_8329 (resized).JPGIMG_8329 (resized).JPG

IMG_8330 (resized).JPGIMG_8330 (resized).JPG

#194 6 years ago

Just finishing another Safe Cracker. This is a pre-teaser to the teaser I'll be posting in the 2017 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show thread in the week prior to the show. The pictures here are more relevant to the club members - particularly those asking about the clear ramps. The game plays really well. I only ever got about 6 million once in Assault on the Vault for the other machine but this one I got 7 million the other day and then 8 million today (including TWO assaults from all sides)! The only issue with it is the token tubes don't dispense. I didn't clean the token dispensers but due to this failure I was forced to disassemble and clean the dispenser. I'll be re-installing the dispenser tomorrow (or in the next couple of days) and ensuring it dispenses tokens correctly. I'll have another photo of the tubes in about a weeks time.

Here are a selection (I don't take too many photos reassembling machines as I'm more interested in getting the next thing assembled) of the photos during reassembly.

For those of you who want to see this in person it's likely the ramps will only be installed for this year. Subsequent years will have the original ramps reinstalled. I wired my own harness on the ramps so swapping them out will be relatively easy - just swap the hardware (metal parts). For those interested in doing this I did hit a few snags as the new ramps are slightly thicker than the originals and the lockup mechanism gave me some grief (I had to shim the lockup release mechanism to get it to correctly detect locked balls).

I also installed those translucent bumper bodies that Zitt sells. I have another three I want to put into another (different) machine but I don't think I'll be using them again. Who knows though? They may grow on me.

This machine has (and still has to some degree in places) a LOT of corrosion and large patches of rust. I cleaned off all the rust. I pretty much replaced every fastener with preferably a stainless version or if magnetism was required a new zinc-plated fastener. I also installed the Paul Drabik support rails. The playfield only had slight bowing but it's straight now.

Enjoy!!!

sc00_playfield (resized).jpgsc00_playfield (resized).jpg

sc01_assembly (resized).jpgsc01_assembly (resized).jpg

sc02_assembly (resized).jpgsc02_assembly (resized).jpg

sc03_clear_left (resized).jpgsc03_clear_left (resized).jpg

sc04_clear_right (resized).jpgsc04_clear_right (resized).jpg

sc05_assembly (resized).jpgsc05_assembly (resized).jpg

sc06_assembly (resized).jpgsc06_assembly (resized).jpg

sc07_complete (resized).jpgsc07_complete (resized).jpg

sc08_complete (resized).jpgsc08_complete (resized).jpg

sc09_complete (resized).jpgsc09_complete (resized).jpg

sc10_bumpers (resized).jpgsc10_bumpers (resized).jpg

sc11_bumpers (resized).jpgsc11_bumpers (resized).jpg

#196 6 years ago

I've got a set of (uninstalled) clear ramps and am curious to see what it all looks like when fully assembled. Thanks!

#197 6 years ago

I have a extra set of clear ramps if anyone is interested pm me.
Thanks
Magicchiz

#198 6 years ago

I wonder how many sets of clear ramps got made, as I have a set also.

#199 6 years ago

I was told it was a limited run way back when I got two sets. I thought he said like 50ea or less.
Magicchiz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-club-dig-up-your-coins/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.