20230724_214859 (resized).jpg
20230724_214908 (resized).jpg
20230724_214917 (resized).jpg
20230724_214926 (resized).jpg
SC.jpg
sc01 (resized).jpg
76CED567-D3F5-426D-95C3-126ABD33A46C (resized).jpeg
Hammered (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 9 years ago

Here is ours!

safecracker.JPGsafecracker.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Just snagged one yesterday, however I am going to have to wait a week or 2 for delivery

What's it like?

#3 9 years ago

The setup is very different from playing any other pinball. Hub is very very fond of it, personally, it ranks as nr 11 on our 11 pinball list though . You have to like the interaction with the game in the head, as hub does, to me it just holds up playing ball, although it is exciting in a way.

#5 9 years ago

Mine...recently put back together after having the of cleared

20140827_211927.jpg20140827_211927.jpg
#6 9 years ago

I am babysitting my buddy's SC for him.

Question: Do the coins take a tumble/polish? Would love to make em shiny, but not if it removes any plating!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I am babysitting my buddy's SC for him.
Question: Do the coins take a tumble/polish? Would love to make em shiny, but not if it removes any plating!

Sure do...tumble those bad boys and they will shine like gold and silver

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Sure do...tumble those bad boys and they will shine like gold and silver

Thank you! Will have to give it a go later on.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Mine...recently put back together after having the of cleared

20140827_211927.jpg 150 KB

fun playfield to populate.

#10 9 years ago

I am in the club as well. Mine was the one that was found NIB in 2012, crazy huh? I'll post some pics later.

Make sure you put the support rails in the game guys. It must happen to protect this gem of a game; if you have a SC check and make sure the support rails are installed under the playfield.

#11 9 years ago

If it doesn't have the support rails, it ain't worth squat. I will gladly buy your support rail-less game for $1000 and give it a proper home.

In all seriousness, after FH, SC is next on my list to buy.

#12 9 years ago

In this club as well. Been in my collection since 2001. Very unique gameplay, and always gets lots of love at parties.

#13 9 years ago

Any cool mods out there people have done? I did this to the cap looking bank

20140904_230526.jpg20140904_230526.jpg
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

mine...

508.jpg 273 KB

I've never put the wings on mine. How do they hold up to nudging and general movement?

#15 9 years ago

I've been a member of the SC club for a while now. I honestly think it's one of the greatest pins ever made, and it will be one of the last pins to leave my collection.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've never put the wings on mine. How do they hold up to nudging and general movement?

They are solidly secured with a bunch of screws, and they don't budge. You should definitely install them if you have the room.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

20140904_230526.jpg 248 KB

I was going to paint the bank on my buddy's do the inserts with LEDs, and light the main entrance/sewer holes

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am in the club as well. Mine was the one that was found NIB in 2012, crazy huh? I'll post some pics later.
Make sure you put the support rails in the game guys. It must happen to protect this gem of a game; if you have a SC check and make sure the support rails are installed under the playfield.

What are support rails?

How do we check there there and if needed where can we get them from?

Cheers

#18 9 years ago

Sadly my SC is not coming with the wings!

So planning to make some as the decals are available.

As such can someone please measure their SC wings width/height/depth.

And please provide photos of the fixing brackets I need.

Many thanks

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sadly my SC is not coming with the wings!
So planning to make some as the decals are available.
As such can someone please measure their SC wings width/height/depth.
And please provide photos of the fixing brackets I need.
Many thanks

If nobody else gets to this, I should be able to do this later on today after work.

Measurements for the wood:
L: 26 3/8", w: 10". The wood is 3/4" thick. Can't get to the brackets at the moment to take one apart and measure.

#20 9 years ago

What are support rails?
How do we check there there and if needed where can we get them from?
Cheers

Paul Drabik makes the support rails for Safecracker. Check out this link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-support-rails-installed-with-pics

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

20140904_230526.jpg 248 KB

Looks great, nice touch..

#22 9 years ago

What are support rails?

The playfield has so much stuff on it that it tends to sag in the middle from the weight. This basically turns your SC into an Orbiter 1. The support rails attach underneath the playfield and keep it from bowing. They are a must have mod for this game.

How do we check if they are there, and if needed where can we get them from?

They are easy to spot. Just lift the playfield and look for two square metal rails attached at the very edges. They will run almost the entire length of the playfield.

#23 9 years ago

I found sturdy rails at the local DIY, perfect for playfield reinforcement.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

No prob, sturdy. Of course, if you start crawling next to them, you have to be careful. It sure takes up a lot of space!

#24 9 years ago

Also folks, what is the size of the game? i.e. its 'foot-print'?

I have limited space in my games room so hoping it will fit in.

You see I have been relegated to 1 room in the house! Booo...

Thanks in advance.

#25 9 years ago

I'm going to try and dig up my magic tokens that I got nearly 20 years ago. I know that my arcade token collection is all in one place, it's just a matter of finding that place.

#26 9 years ago

I was just browsing Pinball Life's site, and I noticed that they now carry Safe Cracker specific Super-Bands:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3471

Has anybody tried these yet? I had been using the smaller mini sized ones, and was just stretching them to fit the slightly larger flipper. I'm assuming these bands will perfectly fit the 2-1/4" flippers on SC, but it doesn't list the exact size anywhere.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was just browsing Pinball Life's site, and I noticed that they now carry Safe Cracker specific Super-Bands:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3471
Has anybody tried these yet? I had been using the smaller mini sized ones, and was just stretching them to fit the slightly larger flipper. I'm assuming these bands will perfectly fit the 2-1/4" flippers on SC, but it doesn't list the exact size anywhere.

I have them on mine...work great

#28 9 years ago

Also folks, what is the size of the game? i.e. its 'foot-print'?

It's only a few inches shorter than the other games, looking at the levelers. It's not that wide without the panels, but it sure takes up a lot of extra space with them on.

#29 9 years ago

I'm in also mine is HUO i post picture later

#30 9 years ago

Oh found the pictures already 018 (Large).jpg018 (Large).jpg023 (Large).jpg023 (Large).jpg026 (Large).jpg026 (Large).jpg032 (Large).jpg032 (Large).jpg145 (Large).jpg145 (Large).jpg146 (Large).jpg146 (Large).jpg150 (Large).jpg150 (Large).jpg

1 month later
#31 9 years ago

Anyone want to sell their SC, I'm buying.

5 months later
#32 9 years ago

Alright , I'm in! I'm liking this game a lot more than I thought. Very happy I was able to snag one. My rope light was 1/2 working yesterday, no it's totally dead. Anyone know a source for these?

20150329_211833.jpg20150329_211833.jpg
#33 9 years ago

nice example,
noticed mr pinball on Oz ebay has the rope light, if you struggle to get one local

#34 9 years ago

Only found this thread now.. I have a SC for about 13 years now
still love it !

#35 9 years ago

Herb

Pm sent about Rope Light

James

#36 9 years ago

Hi all,

What is the color of your rope light in the back box? I bought an aftermarket one that was white, but the one I pulled out of the game was yellow.

#37 9 years ago

You can now purchase safe cracker ramp coil cover mod from mezel mods on their website. Metal cover, durable black powder coated, installs in minutes

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#38 9 years ago

Found my rope light here:

http://pinballpromos.com

Look under 'parts'

#39 9 years ago

Joining up today, doing a shop out on this beauty, Damn those pop shirts are a PITA job everything is so tight

P1080003.JPGP1080003.JPG
P1080004.JPGP1080004.JPG

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Joining up today, doing a shop out on this beauty, Damn those pop shirts are a PITA job everything is so tight
P1080003.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
P1080004.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Looking great, how was it, thats what Ill be doing within the next few weeks, just waiting on new rubbers!

#41 9 years ago

the tear down is ok i guess, really didn't want to do the skirts, but had to be done, its looks original never been stripped, 2 wear spots from the ball pounding these areas, mylar the 1 around the pop & will hand touch up 1 other & mylar it

have some tear down pics if needed

P1080001.JPGP1080001.JPG
P1080002.JPGP1080002.JPG

#42 9 years ago

Cool! Right I have to change at least one chipped skirt. If the others match colour wise ill leave the rest. I may take you up on those pics

My other question, did all sc come with wings and a topper installed? Or were they an option, mine does have holes for the topper, but the holes for the wings have plugs in them that kind of look factory. Also Im assuming that this was the period that came with factory lockbars?

#43 9 years ago

cant be sure, they probably all came with wings & topper, but were they all fitted when sited by ops, to be honest wings look ok, but if you haven't got them no big deal, factory lock bars free option.

let me know when you need the pics

1 week later
#44 9 years ago

Just finished my shop out, nice and clean now! Safecracker has to be the coolest game ever made.sc1.jpgsc1.jpg

#45 9 years ago

If you don't have them already fitted, You may want to consider fitting playfield support rails, my playfield was bent, way more than i had imagined, Or check with a straight edge underneath along the side to see how far out it is.

#46 9 years ago

Are the rails still available?

#47 9 years ago

i just got mine couple of weeks back, you could be lucky,

PM WannaPinball

#49 9 years ago

Putting this link up also, May create more interest maybe for wings & brackets

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-wings-poll

3 months later
#50 8 years ago

The price on this title seems to have shot up over the past couple years, this club is becoming rather exclusive.

I'm thinking of purchasing the LED rope mod. What do y'all think?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-club-dig-up-your-coins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.