image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
100-billion.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

I'm in. One box, might buy a second one if we are close.

#20 8 years ago

Sweet! 22% of the way there in 8 hours!

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just for the record, my order of one set could easily be changed to two sets if it becomes necessary down the stretch.

I think a lot of us feel that way. Heck, I'd bring 50 tokens with me to pinball shows to pass around to people to get to play assault the vault on Safe Crackers that are brought to the various shows I attend.

Would be awesome, and think how shocked the person who brings the Safe Cracker to a show would be to actually gain tokens during the show instead of losing them. LOL

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Also these would need to be purchased through Planetary Pinball at the end of the day.
I am happy to assist PPS to have these remade as i remade the International sets in the past.

What a bummer. Price would likely be double the $150 figure (that is just my personal guess).

I wonder what the cost would be to just have various generic bank robbery tokens made to the size and weight of SC domestic tokens.

There are plenty of token manufactures...I've seen them before at various gaming trade shows. I'll ask around at G2E in Vegas in September and report back. Clearly, there is a shortage of domestic tokens.

#48 8 years ago

This thread is a good read for those thinking of making your own (the thread gets better longer into it):

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-135022.html

I also found a ton of companies online that will make them. Looks far cheaper than I thought for 5,000 token batches...with all the artists on Pinside we could design things so as not to interfere with anyone's IP rights but still be functional domestically.

I will look further into this.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm sorry guys (and gals), but unless rick chimes in again, it sounds like this is dead in the water.
the long and short of it is that even at 100 boxes, it would not generate enough money for him (rick) to make it worth his while

We all appreciate your efforts and we all understand the issues with the IP holder.

I still think we should consider having our own tokens minted with generic bank robbery artwork that does not infringe and see how low we could get a run made. I'm going to be asking around with token people at G2E in Vegas in September.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

International size - they couldn't mint that size here int he US *because* it was too close to the half-dollar size. That's why the sizes were different.

Gotcha, makes sense. What is the size of the domestic and what material composition is it made from?

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Quick follow up -
The biggest hurdle may be finging a mint that will do those sizes. (Or even one of them.) The mint I had used in the past can't do anything but the more standard sizes, which is NOT the domestic / international sizes.

S. Korea or China may be the answer then.

Im not remotely familiar with the laws on manufacturing tokens...but I do note their are rounds made that are identical in size to American Gold Eagles (which are technically legal currency with a face value...) so I'm not sure what the difference would be legally.

Quoted from Coyote:

Aurich - Yeah, I was leaning towards doing only one or two designs.

Me too. If we make them ourselves we should only do a couple designs.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

what if you made a limited batch and made them very, very, very similar the real ones. then distribute them only to the people on the list. what's the worst that could happen? a one and done run and they'll all be gone before you get sent a cease & desist letter.

Yea, I wouldn't do that or recommend anyone else to do that either. IP should be respected.

I do think we can easily create our own tokens with modified artwork (with maybe two or three different bank robbery themed designs). I've now spoken with a couple posters in this thread over the phone.

I'm going to spend some time on this project at G2E in about six weeks in Vegas and will report back. Perhaps the we can get some help with the artwork issue.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Special Pinside tokens! Now that would be 'insider' cool!

I was thinking that would be great on the Safe Cracker side of the coin. Might somewhat limit our audience though.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, I'll stop trying to help. Good luck! I'll be in for some!

I'm going to need help!!! I'm excited about this project.

6 months later
#111 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Any update to making custom tokens for use in Safecracker games?

Sorry I missed this for four months. I did discuss this issue at G2E in Vegas last September with two token manufacturers. The costs of the dyes made it seem like a non-starter if we wanted more than a single type of token. I was very surprised at the cost, PavBall has a breakdown one group gave us, I will ask her to post it.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Hell; a Pinside "safecracker" token would be awesome - If Robin would authorize the use of the logo.

I'm guessing Robin would have no issue with allowing use of the logo for a coin.

1 week later
#116 8 years ago

Ed, can we reserve a spot for some of them? Wow! Looks great by the way!

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I have 1,000 genuine tokens for the same price

Domestic or foreign?

1 week later
#129 8 years ago

I'll buy a couple bags. Looking forward to them!

#139 8 years ago

Is there a place where we can put our orders in just in case you run out quick? Seems like a lot of demand here.

#145 8 years ago

I ordered two sets. Thanks.

My guess is these will be all spoken for by tomorrow morning. LOL

#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

If you ordered before, I still have your order. I'll be surprised if they sell out at the show.

Those things are going to fly. You'll be surprised I think.

1 week later
#169 8 years ago

How many tokens in total were given away at TPF? If we know of course.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-box-o-tokens-reservation-list?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.