image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
100-billion.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

edit: aug 03 2015
the project to get the official token reproduced has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond my control

please DO NOT send me any more pm's requesting to be put on the list. the list does not exist any more

#7 8 years ago

I've received one two pm's. please read the instructions in order to be added to the list.

#11 8 years ago

the domestic tokens are slightly smaller in diameter than the international tokens. I believe that there is an adjustment on the coin slots to modify what is accepted. the difference may even be so slight that they will work without having to modify anything, but don't quote me on that.

I do know that both tokens will fit in the tubes and dispense correctly from the head without any alteration.

the left slot should be larger and labeled "Magic Token". that's where you would deposit one of the awarded safe cracker tokens to play the "assault on the vault" game mode.

#27 8 years ago

just an update. if you do not see your name on the list and you did pm me all of the required details, feel free to shoot me another pm. I've noticed that I'm seeing a few people who replied here in the thread but did not initially receive a pm from them.

there maybe be an issue with the mail system here on pinside or people may not be entering my username (j_m_) correctly when sending the pm, so I'm not receiving the pm's

It's very encouraging that we've crossed the 33% mark in less than 24 hours, but we'll have see just how well the demand holds up to reach the goal

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok. Twist my arm, jeez!!! I'm in for 1 set. PM sent.

it's about time!

#33 8 years ago

almost to the half-way point in just under 1 day. wow! color me impressed

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

There seems to be some confusion here!
When I was asked what they cost us to make, 10 years ago it was $150US a set cost to us and we had to make 250 sets of International tokens of which there are still sets unsold.
Yes Domestic Tokens could be remade, however and my notes indicated a min of 100 sets would need to be ordered and the confusion is between what it cost to make and what it cost to sell.
Also these would need to be purchased through Planetary Pinball at the end of the day.
I am happy to assist PPS to have these remade as i remade the International sets in the past.

wayne,
I'm confused as well. why on earth would you give me a price which wouldn't remotely be the price that I would be purchasing them from you (especially the way that you worded it to me in the email between you and I), and I quote:

me: if I was to get enough people to cover the 100 sets, what would be the cost (per set) and would they be the u.s. sized tokens or the international sized ones?

your response:
We never remade domestic tokens

It is possible to remake domestic size

Last time we made them almost 10 years ago they cost $150us a set so $15,000 for 100 sets

15 x 20 pces

and going back a bit further (just a month ago), I asked you directly about purchasing a set of international tokens, to which your response was that they were "all sold out"

#53 8 years ago

ok, let's cut to the chase to try and determine whether or not this is actually feasible for all interested parties.

wayne:
what would be the price (not cost) for me to purchase 100 boxes (each box containing 300 tokens, comprised of 15 pcs. of the 20 unique designs; 19 in brass, 1 in aluminum color, minted in the domestic size) with PPS's licensing fees factored in?

would this price include shipping from australia (where you are striking the tokens) to michigan, usa? if not, what would the price of those charges be as well?

#56 8 years ago

rick:
I'm sorry if I've ruffled any feathers or overstepped my boundaries, but for the sake of argument:

what would be the price (not cost) for PPS to produce 100 boxes (at a minimum) with each box containing 300 tokens, comprised of 15 pcs. of the 20 unique designs; 19 in brass, 1 in aluminum color, minted in the domestic size so that people on the list would be able to purchase said tokens if we could guarantee you those 100 sales?

#62 8 years ago

I'm sorry guys (and gals), but unless rick chimes in again, it sounds like this is dead in the water.

the long and short of it is that even at 100 boxes, it would not generate enough money for him (rick) to make it worth his while

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We all appreciate your efforts and we all understand the issues with the IP holder.
I still think we should consider having our own tokens minted with generic bank robbery artwork that does not infringe and see how low we could get a run made. I'm going to be asking around with token people at G2E in Vegas in September.

cool. according to this, a u.s. half dollar has the following dimensions (which I believe is equivalent to the domestic token size):
diameter 30.61 mm (1.205 in)
thickness 2.15 mm (0.085 in)

#68 8 years ago

you're correct. from schedul5

diameters:
1.175" (domestic)
1.190" (international)

#93 8 years ago

for those of you that have sent me pm's regarding being put on the list. as you may (or may not) have noticed, this project is basically dead in the water due to a number of factors.

please refrain from sending me any further pm's asking to be put on a list for official tokens that are not going to be made. and while I applaud TigerLaw for seeing where this may go further down the line with the possibility of producing something else that is feasible, it will not be me that is leading this charge.

#95 8 years ago

if you bothered to read my entire email, I'm referring to getting the official tokens reproduced. it's all well and good that TigerLaw is going to potentially per sue another avenue with non-official (or licensed) tokens.

as the shark tank sharks would say, "I'm out"

1 month later
#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Great to hear you have domestic sets. Any time frame? By expo?
Magicchiz

PPS doesn't have domestic sets. Rick has the last remaining international tokens from when wayne re-produced them a few years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 37.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-box-o-tokens-reservation-list?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.