image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
100-billion.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago
#52 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wayne,
I'm confused as well. why on earth would you give me a price which wouldn't remotely be the price that I would be purchasing them from you (especially the way that you worded it to me in the email between you and I), and I quote:

and going back a bit further (just a month ago), I asked you directly about purchasing a set of international tokens, to which your response was that they were "all sold out"

They cost $150 a set 10 years ago sorry if you mis interpreted that.

I also have some international tokens, not sets but will let Rick know what I have

#53 8 years ago

ok, let's cut to the chase to try and determine whether or not this is actually feasible for all interested parties.

wayne:
what would be the price (not cost) for me to purchase 100 boxes (each box containing 300 tokens, comprised of 15 pcs. of the 20 unique designs; 19 in brass, 1 in aluminum color, minted in the domestic size) with PPS's licensing fees factored in?

would this price include shipping from australia (where you are striking the tokens) to michigan, usa? if not, what would the price of those charges be as well?

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

There seems to be some confusion here!

.. Well, f*ck Thanks.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, let's cut to the chase to try and determine whether or not this is actually feasible for all interested parties.
wayne:
what would be the price (not cost) for me to purchase 100 boxes (each box containing 300 tokens, comprised of 15 pcs. of the 20 unique designs; 19 in brass, 1 in aluminum color, minted in the domestic size) with PPS's licensing fees factored in?
would this price include shipping from australia (where you are striking the tokens) to michigan, usa? if not, what would the price of those charges be as well?

you are asking the wrong person ... oy.

#56 8 years ago

rick:
I'm sorry if I've ruffled any feathers or overstepped my boundaries, but for the sake of argument:

what would be the price (not cost) for PPS to produce 100 boxes (at a minimum) with each box containing 300 tokens, comprised of 15 pcs. of the 20 unique designs; 19 in brass, 1 in aluminum color, minted in the domestic size so that people on the list would be able to purchase said tokens if we could guarantee you those 100 sales?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Rick, how about rerunning SC token mechs?

THIS would be great if the token mechs could be available again!!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

THIS would be great if the token mechs could be available again!!

Maybe try making it a package deal.. a box and a mech for $x..

As far as I know, a quarter mech will work - just need to replace the cradle and spread the magnet slightly.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what would be the price (not cost) for PPS to produce 100 boxes (at a minimum) with each box containing 300 tokens, comprised of 15 pcs. of the 20 unique designs; 19 in brass, 1 in aluminum color, minted in the domestic size so that people on the list would be able to purchase said tokens if we could guarantee you those 100 sales?

100-billion.jpg100-billion.jpg

#60 8 years ago

They are minted in the USA not Australia, PPS have the details of the supplier.

#61 8 years ago

Whatever the case, I hope someone will mint another batch!

#62 8 years ago

I'm sorry guys (and gals), but unless rick chimes in again, it sounds like this is dead in the water.

the long and short of it is that even at 100 boxes, it would not generate enough money for him (rick) to make it worth his while

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm sorry guys (and gals), but unless rick chimes in again, it sounds like this is dead in the water.
the long and short of it is that even at 100 boxes, it would not generate enough money for him (rick) to make it worth his while

j_m_. Appreciate your attempt to make this happen. Thank you.

#64 8 years ago

I still put in the offset of having our own minted. (Of course, would have to look into pricing and die cost..)

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

We all appreciate your efforts and we all understand the issues with the IP holder.

I still think we should consider having our own tokens minted with generic bank robbery artwork that does not infringe and see how low we could get a run made. I'm going to be asking around with token people at G2E in Vegas in September.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We all appreciate your efforts and we all understand the issues with the IP holder.
I still think we should consider having our own tokens minted with generic bank robbery artwork that does not infringe and see how low we could get a run made. I'm going to be asking around with token people at G2E in Vegas in September.

cool. according to this, a u.s. half dollar has the following dimensions (which I believe is equivalent to the domestic token size):
diameter 30.61 mm (1.205 in)
thickness 2.15 mm (0.085 in)

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

cool. according to this, a u.s. half dollar has the following dimensions (which I believe is equivalent to the domestic token size):
diameter 30.61 mm (1.205 in)
thickness 2.15 mm (0.085 in)

International size - they couldn't mint that size here int he US *because* it was too close to the half-dollar size. That's why the sizes were different.

#68 8 years ago

you're correct. from schedul5

diameters:
1.175" (domestic)
1.190" (international)

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

International size - they couldn't mint that size here int he US *because* it was too close to the half-dollar size. That's why the sizes were different.

Gotcha, makes sense. What is the size of the domestic and what material composition is it made from?

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

what if you made a limited batch and made them very, very, very similar the real ones. then distribute them only to the people on the list. what's the worst that could happen? a one and done run and they'll all be gone before you get sent a cease & desist letter.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gotcha, makes sense. What is the size of the domestic and what material composition is it made from?

Both types were standard brass (brass nickle for the 'chrome' token) - same as standard .900 or .984 tokens. Nothing strange there. I assume that the 'bronzed' tokens just had some coating over them - they were otherwise the same, metal-wise.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

what if you made a limited batch and made them very, very, very similar the real ones. then distribute them only to the people on the list. what's the worst that could happen? a one and done run and they'll all be gone before you get sent a cease & desist letter.

Problem is, we don't have the dies. A die is about $250 to make, when ordering a set Qty of tokens. Since we need top and bottom, that's $500 right there, before any tokens are made. I do not think even PPS has the original dies. (If they did, they can't find them and wouldn't help us even if they did, IMHO.) So with 20 designs, you're looking at 21 dies. (20 obverses, 1 reverse - that's $5250 right there!)

On the other hand, I DO have a graphic artist who has offered his services to design a front and back, if we want to go the custom route!

Edit to add - those diameters are also non-standard, so there may be a set-up fee for a custom diameter token.

#72 8 years ago

Just throwing this out there, but do you really need to do a complete set? I mean, obviously it would be cool, but if it's not having any vs having a set with a few designs (much lower setup costs) then the latter seems like the better option.

#73 8 years ago

Quick follow up -
The biggest hurdle may be finging a mint that will do those sizes. (Or even one of them.) The mint I had used in the past can't do anything but the more standard sizes, which is NOT the domestic / international sizes.

Aurich - Yeah, I was leaning towards doing only one or two designs.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Quick follow up -
The biggest hurdle may be finging a mint that will do those sizes. (Or even one of them.) The mint I had used in the past can't do anything but the more standard sizes, which is NOT the domestic / international sizes.

S. Korea or China may be the answer then.

Im not remotely familiar with the laws on manufacturing tokens...but I do note their are rounds made that are identical in size to American Gold Eagles (which are technically legal currency with a face value...) so I'm not sure what the difference would be legally.

Quoted from Coyote:

Aurich - Yeah, I was leaning towards doing only one or two designs.

Me too. If we make them ourselves we should only do a couple designs.

#75 8 years ago

Is anyone aware if Suzo Happ still makes the token mech? If not what are the specs? If so couldn't it be ordered directly from them?

#76 8 years ago

Special Pinside tokens! Now that would be 'insider' cool!

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Yea, I wouldn't do that or recommend anyone else to do that either. IP should be respected.

I do think we can easily create our own tokens with modified artwork (with maybe two or three different bank robbery themed designs). I've now spoken with a couple posters in this thread over the phone.

I'm going to spend some time on this project at G2E in about six weeks in Vegas and will report back. Perhaps the we can get some help with the artwork issue.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Special Pinside tokens! Now that would be 'insider' cool!

I was thinking that would be great on the Safe Cracker side of the coin. Might somewhat limit our audience though.

#79 8 years ago

This might be able to be done really cheap if no artwork was required.

A punch press could bang these out by the thousands if the correct thickness material was found.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I wouldn't do that or recommend anyone else to do that either. IP should be respected.
I do think we can easily create our own tokens with modified artwork (with maybe two or three different bank robbery themed designs). I've now spoken with a couple posters in this thread over the phone.
I'm going to spend some time on this project at G2E in about six weeks in Vegas and will report back. Perhaps the we can get some help with the artwork issue.

Okay, I'll stop trying to help. Good luck! I'll be in for some!

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, I'll stop trying to help. Good luck! I'll be in for some!

I'm going to need help!!! I'm excited about this project.

#82 8 years ago

I could possibly help with some of the 3d modelling / cad ??? If someone could do the graphics in line art and then I can assist from that point

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Does this mean you're not going to update the list anymore? Or did I not fill out my request properly? I think updating the list is important, even if just to show anyone else considering doing this project, how many might be interested.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

#84 8 years ago

I'm in if done.

I really want to find a new set of these back box decals more than anything. Would like these remade more than anything right now!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm in if done.
I really want to find a new set of these back box decals more than anything. Would like these remade more than anything right now!
image.jpg

I just received my decals from here :

http://provider1.cart.net.au/epages/mrpinballtrial.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mrpinballtrial/Products/%22Safecracker%20Wing%20Decal%20set%22

#87 8 years ago

I in for 2 boxes.

#89 8 years ago

Contacted Hoffman Mint..

1.180" [29.972mm] (.005" [.127mm] larger than the standard Domestic, .01" [.254mm] smaller than the standard International size) tokens are priced as follows -

Dies - start at $195 / ea
Setup Fee - $150 (if we order less than 5000 on the first order)
Price ea token @ 1000 - $.382
Price ea token @ 5000 - $.257
--
Say two designs, 1000 of each token -
Dies - $585
Fee - $150
Tokens - 2x $382
Nickle (silver) plating - $30 / 1000 tokens

So, total would be:
$1117 or $1.117 per token.

--Mike

#90 8 years ago

Hoffman is a great company,

Here is a Chinese Company, that exhibits at IAPPA, and in a few projects I looked into were quite favorable.

http://www.yuehuatoken.com/producttype.asp

Generic work likely best, like mentioned.

Art

#91 8 years ago

Pinside drinking game, take a shot every time Rick is the reason we can't have nice things.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Contacted Hoffman Mint..
1.180" [29.972mm] (.005" [.127mm] larger than the standard Domestic, .01" [.254mm] smaller than the standard International size) tokens are priced as follows -
Dies - start at $195 / ea
Setup Fee - $150 (if we order less than 5000 on the first order)
Price ea token @ 1000 - $.382
Price ea token @ 5000 - $.257
--
Say two designs, 1000 of each token -
Dies - $585
Fee - $150
Tokens - 2x $382
Nickle (silver) plating - $30 / 1000 tokens
So, total would be:
$1117 or $1.117 per token.
--Mike

sounds cool.

surely this wont contravene any (PPS) copyright.

#93 8 years ago

for those of you that have sent me pm's regarding being put on the list. as you may (or may not) have noticed, this project is basically dead in the water due to a number of factors.

please refrain from sending me any further pm's asking to be put on a list for official tokens that are not going to be made. and while I applaud TigerLaw for seeing where this may go further down the line with the possibility of producing something else that is feasible, it will not be me that is leading this charge.

#94 8 years ago

"a number of factors"... i just wonder .....

all these creative people.... and the excitement... up in smoke.

#95 8 years ago

if you bothered to read my entire email, I'm referring to getting the official tokens reproduced. it's all well and good that TigerLaw is going to potentially per sue another avenue with non-official (or licensed) tokens.

as the shark tank sharks would say, "I'm out"

#96 8 years ago

bad luck, nice try.

#98 8 years ago

We could just buy the International sets and shrink them:

http://www.capturedlightning.com/frames/shrinkergallery.html

I did not know this was a thing until I started searching for a way to reduce the size of a coin.

1 month later
#99 8 years ago

If I understand well (I'm not fluent with English) it seems that there are a lot of international tokens still available.

But... where are they for sale? Or will they be for sale in PPS website in the near future when they put order in their stock?

Does someone know how this set looks like and how many tokens it includes?
http://provider1.cart.net.au/epages/mrpinballtrial.sf/secfe71c2ff0a/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mrpinballtrial/Products/SCANTIQUESET

#100 8 years ago

We have a lot of tokens, not sure full sets or what, and when we get to them we will put them on the site, probably smaller sets ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-box-o-tokens-reservation-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.