image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
100-billion.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

edit: aug 03 2015
the project to get the official token reproduced has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond my control

please DO NOT send me any more pm's requesting to be put on the list. the list does not exist any more

#2 8 years ago

I'm in. 3 boxes. I'll take more if we get close to the goal and need a help to push over.

--Mike

#3 8 years ago

I'm in. One box, might buy a second one if we are close.

#4 8 years ago

I would take a box.

#5 8 years ago

Argh, I can't type today.

#7 8 years ago

I've received one two pm's. please read the instructions in order to be added to the list.

#8 8 years ago

While I don't own a Safecracker, I applaud your efforts to do things like this for those that do! Good job!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've received one pm. please read the instructions in order to be added to the list.

I sent you two now, so I'm guessing something's wrong with the beta side of pinside and PM's. I'm going to switch over to the production site and send another.

#10 8 years ago

I have a Safe Cracker machine with two coin slots but looks like its an import. I was wondering if someone can tell me the size or appearance differences between the international and domestic coins for Safe Cracker. Thanks

Lee

#11 8 years ago

the domestic tokens are slightly smaller in diameter than the international tokens. I believe that there is an adjustment on the coin slots to modify what is accepted. the difference may even be so slight that they will work without having to modify anything, but don't quote me on that.

I do know that both tokens will fit in the tubes and dispense correctly from the head without any alteration.

the left slot should be larger and labeled "Magic Token". that's where you would deposit one of the awarded safe cracker tokens to play the "assault on the vault" game mode.

#12 8 years ago

Thanks JM, Schudel5 just game me the size differences of the tokens. I will check with a caliper tonight to see which version of token I have. Thanks again.

Lee

#13 8 years ago

I'm in for 1 box

#14 8 years ago

I will take 3 boxes of the domestic sizes.

#15 8 years ago

PM sent for 1

#16 8 years ago

Pm sent for 1

#17 8 years ago

PM Sent-1 box

#18 8 years ago

I live in Spain and would like to know how much would be the shipping costs for 1 box. Not sure if the Us domestic tokens would work with an European coin mechanism, but if at least they work with the backbox mechanism that's good.

PM sent

#19 8 years ago

PM Sent-1 box

#20 8 years ago

Sweet! 22% of the way there in 8 hours!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet! 22% of the way there in 8 hours!

Yes! Though, it's going to get progressively harder the closer we get..

#22 8 years ago

In an act of desperation, I just threw some of my more corroded tokens into a case tumbler.

I am really hoping we reach the goal of a 100.

#23 8 years ago

PM for three sets!

#24 8 years ago

PM sent for one sent

#25 8 years ago

PM sent for one box

#26 8 years ago

Pm sent for 1 box!

#27 8 years ago

just an update. if you do not see your name on the list and you did pm me all of the required details, feel free to shoot me another pm. I've noticed that I'm seeing a few people who replied here in the thread but did not initially receive a pm from them.

there maybe be an issue with the mail system here on pinside or people may not be entering my username (j_m_) correctly when sending the pm, so I'm not receiving the pm's

It's very encouraging that we've crossed the 33% mark in less than 24 hours, but we'll have see just how well the demand holds up to reach the goal

#28 8 years ago

Ok. Twist my arm, jeez!!! I'm in for 1 set. PM sent.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok. Twist my arm, jeez!!! I'm in for 1 set. PM sent.

it's about time!

#30 8 years ago

bump for more visibility

#31 8 years ago

I am in for a set, PM sent

#32 8 years ago

Just for the record, my order of one set could easily be changed to two sets if it becomes necessary down the stretch.

#33 8 years ago

almost to the half-way point in just under 1 day. wow! color me impressed

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just for the record, my order of one set could easily be changed to two sets if it becomes necessary down the stretch.

I think a lot of us feel that way. Heck, I'd bring 50 tokens with me to pinball shows to pass around to people to get to play assault the vault on Safe Crackers that are brought to the various shows I attend.

Would be awesome, and think how shocked the person who brings the Safe Cracker to a show would be to actually gain tokens during the show instead of losing them. LOL

#36 8 years ago

I'd be up for a box.
Thanks. D.

#37 8 years ago

Keep the momentum bump!

#38 8 years ago

I'm in for one box.

Rick.

#39 8 years ago

Jeeeezuz. I was thinking this would take longer. I hope we don't finish until after October, I gotta buy a lot parts for my TZ rebuild soon!

#40 8 years ago

There seems to be some confusion here!

When I was asked what they cost us to make, 10 years ago it was $150US a set cost to us and we had to make 250 sets of International tokens of which there are still sets unsold.

Yes Domestic Tokens could be remade, however and my notes indicated a min of 100 sets would need to be ordered and the confusion is between what it cost to make and what it cost to sell.

Also these would need to be purchased through Planetary Pinball at the end of the day.

I am happy to assist PPS to have these remade as i remade the International sets in the past.

#41 8 years ago

and the dream is over....

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

250 sets of International tokens of which there are still sets unsold

So where are these?

#43 8 years ago

Yeah... I'm not spending $300+ on a box o cracker tokes. Moving on I guess.

#44 8 years ago

There seems to be some confusion here!
When I was asked what they cost us to make, 10 years ago it was $150US a set cost to us and we had to make 250 sets of International tokens of which there are still sets unsold.
Yes Domestic Tokens could be remade, however and my notes indicated a min of 100 sets would need to be ordered and the confusion is between what it cost to make and what it cost to sell.
Also these would need to be purchased through Planetary Pinball at the end of the day.
I am happy to assist PPS to have these remade as i remade the International sets in the past.

wayne,
I'm confused as well. why on earth would you give me a price which wouldn't remotely be the price that I would be purchasing them from you (especially the way that you worded it to me in the email between you and I), and I quote:

me: if I was to get enough people to cover the 100 sets, what would be the cost (per set) and would they be the u.s. sized tokens or the international sized ones?

your response:
We never remade domestic tokens

It is possible to remake domestic size

Last time we made them almost 10 years ago they cost $150us a set so $15,000 for 100 sets

15 x 20 pces

and going back a bit further (just a month ago), I asked you directly about purchasing a set of international tokens, to which your response was that they were "all sold out"

#45 8 years ago

I figured. BAA had them listed at $300 per set made by the same guy.

https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SC04-10468

Oh well, the ride was kinda fun...

#46 8 years ago

What a bummer. Price would likely be double the $150 figure (that is just my personal guess).

I wonder what the cost would be to just have various generic bank robbery tokens made to the size and weight of SC domestic tokens.

There are plenty of token manufactures...I've seen them before at various gaming trade shows. I'll ask around at G2E in Vegas in September and report back. Clearly, there is a shortage of domestic tokens.

#47 8 years ago

Ok here is another option, i build plastic injection molds for a living and own my own shop. I had the idea to mak a mold and mold the tokens on the cheap that way we could let guests keep them as a little keepsake or something. I was going to build a proto and see if the mech would feed the plastic ones ok and take it from there. Could do the engraving in a way as to not step on a copyright or hell I know rick I'm sure he would let me make them anyway. Also would be a option for custom engraving but would require the end user to pay for my shop to make the inserts and the molder would need a minimum order to make it worth it.
If this would work your talking like 10 to 15 cents each im guessing.
Thoughts?

#48 8 years ago

This thread is a good read for those thinking of making your own (the thread gets better longer into it):

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-135022.html

I also found a ton of companies online that will make them. Looks far cheaper than I thought for 5,000 token batches...with all the artists on Pinside we could design things so as not to interfere with anyone's IP rights but still be functional domestically.

I will look further into this.

#49 8 years ago

We have a whole bunch of international tokens, and will look to see if we have all of them to remake sets. Just never got to it and will see if we have all for a set, if not, we can offer them in batches, etc. Probably would be a couple of weeks.

I doubt there is sufficient demand for domestic tokens but if there were then we could probably get them remade, but the price is not $150, any new tooling costs would make the cost even higher.

The best option is to buy international tokens and we will make what we have available either in sets of individually.

rick

#50 8 years ago

Rick, how about rerunning SC token mechs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safecracker-box-o-tokens-reservation-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.