sc_wing_install_3_(resized).JPG
sc_wing_install_1_(resized).JPG
20160602_162919_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Who needs just hinges, who needs wood and hinges?

#3 8 years ago

Sweet..hopefully more people then just you

#9 8 years ago

So I'm planning on doing the same as the originals... I wanted to do folding. After looking at the game more in depth last night the current original wood size would not let u fold them beyond 90 degree angle. The wood hits the top edge of the head and lower edge of the curve on the head. I was thinking of shrinking the wood size down to just the size of the decal, but the decal is bigger then the head height to allow u to fold them in to a closed position not being possible.. I'm not recreating the decal, and I don't want to cut the decal down. Those originals would be purchased through mr pinball as he has the legal to do so. So is it worth doing the hinges with movement if u can't rotate in 100%? U would have free motion at any other angle though

#10 8 years ago

Im going to do the same thickness gauge metal, same mounting hole locations, same formicka black wood, same t molding... U would just need to get decals from mr pinball which he has originals in stock.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I would like a set for my buddy's game, wood and hinges . his safe cracker is missing the wings completely.

1 week later
#16 8 years ago

Yes... Waiting on wood quote

#18 8 years ago

Yes.
I Spent a hour with my metal fabrication guy yesterday. Hinges will be movable and fit in factory location and mounting holes. You will be able to rotate the wings backwards all the way to 90 degrees forward. U will no longer have to be committed to just a 45 degree angle. They will not fold closed beyond parallel with the side of the cabinet as there is limitations with the factory wing decals and original wing sizes. They will be instantly removable with out having to undo any screws. These new hinges will be 100% compatible with factory wings. I'm still working on the wood wings part of the project. The only part that will not be supplied is the wing decals. Those will have to be purchased from Wanye or pps as they are licensed products, and originals with reflective sheen.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Little confused by your comment, but am I to understand that each wing will have roughly 180 degrees of movement?

Yes

#22 8 years ago

No need to pm... I'll post when there ready. Will put them up on my website most likely.

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

Ok... Wings and hinges are a go... I already have ordered the exact replica wood wings with black melamine coating. They will have chrome t molding around the edges. The hinges I'll have prototype to show this week. They will rotate 180 degrees. And they will be lift off style so once brackets are attached they can be removed in seconds with out removing brackets. They will work and bolt to factory head location screws and factory wood location if u already have a set of wings and just want hinges... Decals will have to be purchased at mr pinball.
Let's get a role call on who's interested in just hinges and who's interest in complete wood and hinge sets. I'm most likely running 30 complete sets and that's it.

#27 8 years ago

Not set in stone but looks like $200 for the wings and hinges. I'm not looking for money just ball park if you think your interested.

#31 8 years ago

Complete sets
Bemmett
Toucanf16
Rvh
Ryan1234
jrawlinson_2000
_litz
Scottself
Pinballworks
Audihere
Mrsomeone
Pingiant
Goldpins
Dumbass (lol)

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I need wood and hinges and decals, please

added...only thing I won't have is the decals. You will have to get the decals through mr pinball. He owns the licensing on the originals and has them in stock.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

I'd be interested too (I already have decals)

Added thanks

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

So I just ordered the decals from pinball australia. they were about $90 including shipping to the US if anyone was wanting the price with shipping costs for the decals only.

Yes the decals are not cheap. But they are original with the reflective sheen to them and I'm going forward with this so they will be built.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I might be interested in wood and hinges. Are there any photos?

I have to get the prototype hinges this week from the fabricator. These will be raw metal but the finish product will be black mat powdercoated to the same finish as I do on my coin door plates.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I maybe in for a set, I would like to see a picture of them first.

I won't make it to the metal fab guy till next week to pick up the proto... There's no commitment needed. I'm probably doing 30 sets only.. I just wanted to make sure I'm not under on producing these.. I originally had about 10 people interested...I wanted to make sure it wasn't 30 now. Looks like $200 will be a complete set plus shipping. Brackets per side consist of two drop pin hinges and the same metal bracket cut in half with exact same mounting holes in wood and head.black powder coated. u will be able to walk up to them set what angle u like 180 degree of rotation or instantly lift them off with out having to touch any screws or bolts. Wood is the same black melamine coated wood with chrome t molding.. If I had to guess I'm two to three weeks once I give the go ahead on the proto hinges.. I already gave go ahead on the wood.
It will probably be $100 for wings and $100 for hinges if I have to split them up for those who don't want complete sets.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Will there be enough friction in the hinges so the wings don't freely swing forward with the tilt of the backbox?

Im waiting to see the sample on how much movement there is. They have to be powder coated so I'm hoping after that's done they are a tighter fit... I will come up with something... As one person said above, worse case a rubber post ring would do the trick...

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I for sure need the full set!

Added. Thanks

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Complete sets
Bemmett
Toucanf16
Rvh
Ryan1234
jrawlinson_2000
_litz
Scottself
Pinballworks
Audihere
Mrsomeone
Pingiant
Goldpins
Dumbass (lol)
Allgood
bumpermcbaulhogh
itsonlypinball
Mikedetroit

#54 8 years ago

Prototype hinges.. Both brackets have factory holes lined up so if you have stock wings they won't need to be redrilled. I'll get pictures of them installed on the game this weekend. These will be powder coated black.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

These look great so far!
Let's talk chrome t-molding......
One of the main problems on my SC (visually-speaking) is that the chrome molding is chewed up on the wings and the main backbox (as well as the wings decals being scratched). Your offering plus buying the Mr Pinball decals will upgrade the wings. Great. Now about replacing the chrome molding on the backbox. Is there a common, commercial source for that molding (t molding) to match your new wings? I sure would like to replace both (wings and backbox molding) at the same time to match.

I purchased 25' of chrome t molding for the wings off marcospecialties.com to get me started. You shouldn't have a problem getting it there for the head. I heard there's places to find it cheaper but If you want to make sure it all matches I'll buy it from there

1 week later
#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I have original NOS wings (never used) and all hardware,
So I'm good for wings but if these brackets hinge that would be helpful I'd take a set of them

I'll produce extra hinges for those that have wood...
I'm testing a different hinge this week. I really wanted lift off style hinges, but obviously with the games not level the wood instantly swings forward. After powder coating they would swing less easy but that won't last. The next step was drilling two set screw points into the hinge to lock it into position. While it works great I'm not happy with the look and feel of it, and the cost goes up to have this done... So I'm getting a different hinge this week that has a built in tension screw. I think this will be a better solution and not increase the cost of the build. We will lose the lift off capability, but with the set screws we lost that anyway. You will still have a nice range of forward to back motion, it will still mount with four screws to the head and wings in the exact factory location. I'm trying to have these done for the Allentown show, but if I don't it will be shortly after that.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

#65 8 years ago

Complete sets
Bemmett
Toucanf16
Rvh
Ryan1234
jrawlinson_2000
_litz
Scottself
Pinballworks
Audihere
Mrsomeone
Pingiant
Goldpins
Dumbass (lol)
Allgood
bumpermcbaulhogh
itsonlypinball
Mikedetroit
Pcb355

1 week later
#66 8 years ago

Wings are cut ready for chrome t molding

#67 8 years ago

New hinges are in... While I wanted to go with lift off style hinges, they were not going to work. We even went as far as drilling, threading a hole, and adding set screw. There were down falls to the lift off hinge. Would instantly swing forward from game pitch, couldn't reach set screw in reverse position to hold it, couldn't be removed with out tools again...
So we went with a hinge that has a built in adjustment tensioner, this will allow you to set the wing in one location or leave some movement by hand.

1 week later
#71 7 years ago

We have the wood in and starting installing the chrome t molding. I will leave the plastic protector on the molding, takes two seconds to peal it off when your ready to install.. The hinges we had to switch to the the lock in type instead of lift off... They cost me a lot more but will work so much better for this application, as now u can lock them into any position with out issue of movement while playing... The brackets were cut, punched, and pem studs added. They went out for powder coat yesterday... I plan on having some ready for Allentown show, if anyone on the list is coming you can let me know and save on shipping... After we get back from the show I'll be ready for package and shipping... Have to get custom boxes made next..

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

Do you know when they will be available for purchase? I just got my decals in the mail for them last week.

I would be ready next week but I'm gearing up for Allentown show... I'll bring some with me if people are coming... But once we get back I would think a week later should be no issue..

#73 7 years ago

omplete sets
Bemmett
Toucanf16
Rvh
Ryan1234
jrawlinson_2000
_litz
Scottself
Pinballworks
Audihere
Mrsomeone
Pingiant
Goldpins
Dumbass (lol)
Allgood
bumpermcbaulhogh
itsonlypinball
Mikedetroit
Pcb355
GoldenBear
steve_in_escalon

#76 7 years ago

Everything's back from powder coating.. Will post some pics of them on the game... I'm behind on getting ready for Allentown so the only thing left I have to do is order shipping boxes

#77 7 years ago

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Very nice. Can they close all the way like barn doors?

No, the stock wood size won't allow it. We contemplated shrinking the size but the stock decal would then no longer fit the wood size needed to fold them in completely...

1 week later
#82 7 years ago

Shipping boxes came in last night... I'll be sending emails to people... The carpenter screwed me on the wood.. Using a table saw he put hair line scratches on one side of most the wings. I have about 13 sets with no issues and 17 sets with minor scratches on what will be the rear side of the wood wing when installed. They were all stacked at pick up so we didn't see the issues till we installed t molding. I'll be offering the ones with minor imperfections at a cheaper price. Pics below of imperfections on one side of wood only.

#83 7 years ago

We will be offering three options
-Wings with t molding installed
-Custom adjustable brackets with mounting hardware
-complete kits

#84 7 years ago

Here's pictures of production wings and hinges installed.. Both the top and bottom hinge has adjustable screw for tension to keep the wing from moving while you play. Metal is all flat black powder coated. Chrome t molding comes with protective clear plastic to be removed once installed. All mounting hardware included with all Philips screw heads, no need for factory security bit screws that came with the game.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

yeah but it looks like you have to buy the whole cabinet set, did not see just the doors?
link?

Nope I'm just emailing people on the preorder list and giving them options first.. Plan on shipping next week... I would email u but my pinside email just locked up for sending too many emails. I'm wIting for it to get unlocked...
You can buy adjustable brackets, wood, or complete sets.

#88 7 years ago

We also offer the safe cracker metal powder coated ramp coil cover mod if you don't already have one. Those are currently on my site $45
Pinnovators.com

#89 7 years ago

Ok emails fixed everyone on the list should have a email

#91 7 years ago

I had a few questions about movement ...here's a few more pics of the angles the adjustable hinges allow you to set to

#94 7 years ago

Shipping starts sometime next week. Had to order custom boxes... For those only buying hinges I was able to find tubes and triangle boxes that will work and cut down on the shipping charge.

#95 7 years ago

Brackets only orders have been invoiced and start shipping tomorrow.. Complete kits to follow by the end of the week

#96 7 years ago

Just a quick update... Those who bought hinges only, they have all shipped.... Complete sets shipping with usps was crazy from Boston to Cali... We're seeing much cheaper rates with ups. I never needed to ship anything this heavy so I always just used usps. I'm just in the process of opening a account with them UPS will start shipping complete kits shortly. You will start recieving payment invoices this week.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I would like to order a complete set as well.
How do I sign up?

Pm sent

1 week later
#99 7 years ago

all wings and hinges have been invoiced and started shipping..if you haven't received a bill let me know...i have complete wing kits left with imperfections on the back side of the wood for $185 plus shipping...if anyone is interested in just the adjustable brackets for their existing wood wings the adjustable brackets and hardware are $135 plus shipping...

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

What is the best way to put the decals on, any tips?
Should I wet them down?

I'm not sure... Hopefully someone will chime in how they did theirs.

1 month later
#113 7 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Finally installed the wings on my buddies safe cracker. Thanks thay are Awsome.

Glad your enjoying them... I have about 6 adjustable hinge sets left with or with out wood.... Sold a lot of adjustable hinges to those who already had wings... Once these last six sets are gone I'm not sure if I'll do another run... We sold 50 sets. Thank you to all those who put there names in at the start of the project, and followed through with payment once we had everything ready to ship.

Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Are nuts and bolts included with hinges? Also, what is the price of hinges only again?

Everything is included for mounting adjustable hinges to existing wood and games head... On my website Pinnovators.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-wings-n-hinges?tu=lllvjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.