Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MarkA
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

330_128_SC_kit_1 (resized).png
330_129_hinge_1_800x600 (resized).png
330_128_no_doors_2doors (resized).png
14679362768911759080293_(resized).jpg
flatwing2.png
flatwing1.png
scwings_sm.png
sc_wing_install_2_(resized).JPG
sc_wing_install_3_(resized).JPG
sc_wing_install_1_(resized).JPG
20160602_162919_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Who needs just hinges, who needs wood and hinges?

#2 3 years ago

I need wood and hinges. Mostly just wood but would buy new hinges as well if attached.

#3 3 years ago

Sweet..hopefully more people then just you

#4 3 years ago

I could use some. Just hinges would be fine. But wood and hinges if the wood is good.

I currently have the decals and t-molding

#5 3 years ago

I need hinges.

#6 3 years ago

I need wood and hinges and decals, please

#7 3 years ago

Lorenzo are these the stationery hinges/bracket that come with the game or the ones where the safe walls can be moved and folded back?

If its the latter I'd be down for a set

#8 3 years ago

I too am interested if they are the foldable wing hinges.
Magicchiz

#9 3 years ago

So I'm planning on doing the same as the originals... I wanted to do folding. After looking at the game more in depth last night the current original wood size would not let u fold them beyond 90 degree angle. The wood hits the top edge of the head and lower edge of the curve on the head. I was thinking of shrinking the wood size down to just the size of the decal, but the decal is bigger then the head height to allow u to fold them in to a closed position not being possible.. I'm not recreating the decal, and I don't want to cut the decal down. Those originals would be purchased through mr pinball as he has the legal to do so. So is it worth doing the hinges with movement if u can't rotate in 100%? U would have free motion at any other angle though

#10 3 years ago

Im going to do the same thickness gauge metal, same mounting hole locations, same formicka black wood, same t molding... U would just need to get decals from mr pinball which he has originals in stock.

#11 3 years ago

I would like a set for my buddy's game, wood and hinges . his safe cracker is missing the wings completely.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I would like a set for my buddy's game, wood and hinges . his safe cracker is missing the wings completely.

1 week later
#14 3 years ago

Bump!

You still doing these possibly or waiting for a set commitment from people?

#15 3 years ago

I would be interested in the wood possibly.

#16 3 years ago

Yes... Waiting on wood quote

#17 3 years ago

Bump,
if these are going to be made let me know please.

#18 3 years ago

Yes.
I Spent a hour with my metal fabrication guy yesterday. Hinges will be movable and fit in factory location and mounting holes. You will be able to rotate the wings backwards all the way to 90 degrees forward. U will no longer have to be committed to just a 45 degree angle. They will not fold closed beyond parallel with the side of the cabinet as there is limitations with the factory wing decals and original wing sizes. They will be instantly removable with out having to undo any screws. These new hinges will be 100% compatible with factory wings. I'm still working on the wood wings part of the project. The only part that will not be supplied is the wing decals. Those will have to be purchased from Wanye or pps as they are licensed products, and originals with reflective sheen.

#19 3 years ago

Little confused by your comment, but am I to understand that each wing will have roughly 180 degrees of movement?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Little confused by your comment, but am I to understand that each wing will have roughly 180 degrees of movement?

Yes

#21 3 years ago

PM sent, I want a a set!

#22 3 years ago

No need to pm... I'll post when there ready. Will put them up on my website most likely.

1 week later
#23 3 years ago

Ok... Wings and hinges are a go... I already have ordered the exact replica wood wings with black melamine coating. They will have chrome t molding around the edges. The hinges I'll have prototype to show this week. They will rotate 180 degrees. And they will be lift off style so once brackets are attached they can be removed in seconds with out removing brackets. They will work and bolt to factory head location screws and factory wood location if u already have a set of wings and just want hinges... Decals will have to be purchased at mr pinball.
Let's get a role call on who's interested in just hinges and who's interest in complete wood and hinge sets. I'm most likely running 30 complete sets and that's it.

#24 3 years ago

Price range?

#25 3 years ago

Probably both or hinges only, depending on cost. I have the decals.

#26 3 years ago

I need just hinges.
Magicchiz@hotmail.com
Magicchiz
John

#27 3 years ago

Not set in stone but looks like $200 for the wings and hinges. I'm not looking for money just ball park if you think your interested.

#28 3 years ago

I'm in for full set of everything

#29 3 years ago

Full set please

#30 3 years ago

A full set for me please.

#31 3 years ago

Complete sets
Bemmett
Toucanf16
Rvh
Ryan1234
jrawlinson_2000
_litz
Scottself
Pinballworks
Audihere
Mrsomeone
Pingiant
Goldpins
Dumbass (lol)

#32 3 years ago

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

added...only thing I won't have is the decals. You will have to get the decals through mr pinball. He owns the licensing on the originals and has them in stock.

#34 3 years ago

I'd be interested too (I already have decals)

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from litz:

I'd be interested too (I already have decals)

Added thanks

#36 3 years ago

So I just ordered the decals from pinball australia. they were about $90 including shipping to the US if anyone was wanting the price with shipping costs for the decals only.

#37 3 years ago

I might be interested in wood and hinges. Are there any photos?

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

So I just ordered the decals from pinball australia. they were about $90 including shipping to the US if anyone was wanting the price with shipping costs for the decals only.

Yes the decals are not cheap. But they are original with the reflective sheen to them and I'm going forward with this so they will be built.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I might be interested in wood and hinges. Are there any photos?

I have to get the prototype hinges this week from the fabricator. These will be raw metal but the finish product will be black mat powdercoated to the same finish as I do on my coin door plates.

#40 3 years ago

Full set, please. I already have the decals. If the hinges only are cheap enough I'd like a second set of hinges. The current wings I have are scratched but they function.

Thank you!!!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have to get the prototype hinges this week from the fabricator. These will be raw metal but the finish product will be black mat powdercoated to the same finish as I do on my coin door plates.

OK, great. Looking forward to seeing how everything fits together.

#42 3 years ago

Full set, please. Thanks.

#43 3 years ago

I maybe in for a set, I would like to see a picture of them first.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I maybe in for a set, I would like to see a picture of them first.

I won't make it to the metal fab guy till next week to pick up the proto... There's no commitment needed. I'm probably doing 30 sets only.. I just wanted to make sure I'm not under on producing these.. I originally had about 10 people interested...I wanted to make sure it wasn't 30 now. Looks like $200 will be a complete set plus shipping. Brackets per side consist of two drop pin hinges and the same metal bracket cut in half with exact same mounting holes in wood and head.black powder coated. u will be able to walk up to them set what angle u like 180 degree of rotation or instantly lift them off with out having to touch any screws or bolts. Wood is the same black melamine coated wood with chrome t molding.. If I had to guess I'm two to three weeks once I give the go ahead on the proto hinges.. I already gave go ahead on the wood.
It will probably be $100 for wings and $100 for hinges if I have to split them up for those who don't want complete sets.

#45 3 years ago

Will there be enough friction in the hinges so the wings don't freely swing forward with the tilt of the backbox?

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Will there be enough friction in the hinges so the wings don't freely swing forward with the tilt of the backbox?

If there is not enough friction maby we could put a black o-ring on each hinge to add friction so thay don't move. I was thinking of this also as I put games up on two legs to save from draining sometimes.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Im waiting to see the sample on how much movement there is. They have to be powder coated so I'm hoping after that's done they are a tighter fit... I will come up with something... As one person said above, worse case a rubber post ring would do the trick...

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I for sure need the full set!

Added. Thanks

#50 3 years ago

I am interested in seeing how these turn-out. If they turn-out as described/intended, I'm in for a set. Thank You

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 50.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside