(Topic ID: 209430)

Safe Cracker will I regret buying after 1st day?

By Ballyoldboy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5430 (resized).JPG
633E312B-E896-4FC3-AD80-460D9357D7EF (resized).jpeg
81475340-8944-4903-81A7-EF0919846D9A (resized).jpeg
4B2B904E-B0F7-4471-AF87-ED9B45E65D4A (resized).jpeg
3A80DB23-6AC7-4842-881C-3CC030927CA9 (resized).jpeg
8B6AD0EC-DB76-435C-A66D-7A830DE2DBAB (resized).jpeg
photo_2018-02-09_11-41-48 (resized).jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

SafeCracker is a niche, unique, and fun game to play especially on your own. In a larger collection as many people have said, it's a great game. The board game aspect, and paying out magic tokens that the game accepts to play the separate "Assault the Vault" game are all extremely cool. But I usually only get to play my games, and really enjoy playing with other people. The mini flippers, smaller size, and timed vs ball aspect make it unique as well. Since it's a timed game, during a multi-player match, after each ball drain you switch players so you could rotate players 50 times in one match making the multi-player aspect of safecracker pretty weird, and I find it breaks up gameplay too much and makes it not fun in that regards, it's almost better to play one person at a time, write the score down and compare the results.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I just picked one up as well. I'm playing the crap out of it, so is everyone else. Even Pat! It's literally in my office next to my desk because...well, because my other personal games are taking up the rest of our lobby. It's a fun game, and I got a prototype (#11), from a former Williams employee's private collection. It's not going anywhere any time soon.
I'm making myself a set of wings, since this game didn't have any when it was in the kitchen at the Williams factory...

You get that from Ted?

#53 6 years ago

I love the game but it’s time for something new. I’ve had it at least 10 years now.
When and if my SC ever sales these 2 boxes of tokens (300 tokens each box) will go up for sale.

3A80DB23-6AC7-4842-881C-3CC030927CA9 (resized).jpeg3A80DB23-6AC7-4842-881C-3CC030927CA9 (resized).jpeg

4B2B904E-B0F7-4471-AF87-ED9B45E65D4A (resized).jpeg4B2B904E-B0F7-4471-AF87-ED9B45E65D4A (resized).jpeg

81475340-8944-4903-81A7-EF0919846D9A (resized).jpeg81475340-8944-4903-81A7-EF0919846D9A (resized).jpeg

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

John - I could be interested in the Star Trek 25th Have sent you a PM

Sorry but don't know how a PM works, all I know is how to post things
Here is my email
[email protected]

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballyoldboy:

Sorry but don't know how a PM works, all I know is how to post things

Click on the avatar picture of the person you want to send a message to then click on the paper airplane icon. Then it's like sending an email. When you get a response back, the envelope at the top right of the homepage will jump up and down. Click on it and go to the latest message.

#56 6 years ago

I like SC. It’s fun and different.

I do think it would get old quick in a small collection. It’s the kind of game that guests love and you might play every now and then.

The great thing about pinball is you can always sell it if you don’t like it or get tired of it. You really don’t have a lot to lose.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Click on the avatar picture of the person you want to send a message to then click on the paper airplane icon.

Wow thats really neat. Thank you so much

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

...it's almost better to play one person at a time, write the score down and compare the results.

Well said!

If you're going to play competitively, don't ever take turns! It kills the vibe!

It's far more intense if you play one at a time!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I love the game but it’s time for something new. I’ve had it at least 10 years now.
When and if my SC ever sales these 2 boxes of tokens (300 tokens each box) will go up for sale.

Are those USA domestic or international sets?
Magicchiz

#60 6 years ago

International is on the box.

#61 6 years ago

SC is a great game. I knew it would get old in my collection, so I waited for one I knew I could break even on. Or at least close to breaking even. If it costs me a couple hundred bucks to rent a 6 thousand dollar game for a year I'm ok with that. If I had room for 25 games, and a little higher salary it would have stayed forever. Luckily mine went to good home and I broke even. Enjoy the game! Color DMD looks great in it.

#62 6 years ago

You're sitting on a gold mine! Such an investment!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Enjoy the game! Color DMD looks great in it.

This has never crossed my mind and makes me feel like a child ..... I want one right now. Question for Shredso which brand/type do you have
Question to others, being a total newb with solid state circuitry, will it be a major challenge to fit?
Otherwise I would get a local pin expert for a house call, he might even arrange the bits and pieces conversion, wouldn't that be great

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballyoldboy:

This has never crossed my mind and makes me feel like a child ..... I want one right now. Question for shredso which brand/type do you have
Question to others, being a total newb with solid state circuitry, will it be a major challenge to fit?
Otherwise I would get a local pin expert for a house call, he might even arrange the bits and pieces conversion, wouldn't that be great

I didn't put the Color DMD in mine, but my friend did his. I'm almost positive it had to be the LED version because of the smaller footprint.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I didn't put the Color DMD in mine, but my friend did his. I'm almost positive it had to be the LED version because of the smaller footprint.

Yes, the LED is the one that fits and looks great in it. I installed it as soon as it was available.

633E312B-E896-4FC3-AD80-460D9357D7EF (resized).jpeg633E312B-E896-4FC3-AD80-460D9357D7EF (resized).jpeg

#66 6 years ago

Yes, the LED is the one that fits and looks great in it. I installed it as soon as it was available.

My god!! Outstanding. Very envious. I want it. My game arrives late Wednesday, but for now orange will have to do, more sleepless nights .....

#67 6 years ago

Color DMD did a great job on SC and the LED display really makes the colors pop!

One of my favorites!

#68 6 years ago

Color dmd discussed with local pin tech, cost will be a little less than £500 with all parts etc. dealt with by him, for home visit. Ok, after one week I will know if I shall go for it or not, but will definitely add to value. As others have said hiring a $7000 game for a year or so is more than the the loss when/if re-sold .....
Actually I guess I've already made up my mind. In for a penny, in for a pound, as we say in the UK

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballyoldboy:

Actually I guess I've already made up my mind. In for a penny, in for a pound, as we say in the UK

I agree,

IMG_5430 (resized).JPGIMG_5430 (resized).JPG

#70 6 years ago

Just the one leg missing then

1 week later
#71 6 years ago

How's it going? I hope it arrived undamaged.

#72 6 years ago

Yeah, how about an update when you get a chance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-will-i-regret-buying-after-1st-day/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.