SDC10273.JPG
SDC10272.JPG
SDC10269.JPG
SDC10268.JPG
SDC10266.JPG
SDC10265.JPG
SDC10263.JPG

#1 11 years ago

I ordered these from Paul Drabik back in the summer and finally got around to installing them this weekend.

They come packed like this. The product is of a very high quality.

SDC10262.JPGSDC10262.JPG SDC10263.JPGSDC10263.JPG

#2 11 years ago

My playfield had some bow but not too bad.

SDC10265.JPGSDC10265.JPG

#3 11 years ago

My left rail did not fit right out of the box and needed to be modified.

It is hitting the opto board bracket

SDC10266.JPGSDC10266.JPG

The opto board was never installed in the original factory holes.

SDC10268.JPGSDC10268.JPG

Rail now clears the opto board.

SDC10269.JPGSDC10269.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Next it was hitting a kicker bracket.

SDC10272.JPGSDC10272.JPG

#5 11 years ago

A little work with the Dremel and now it fits over the bracket.

SDC10273.JPGSDC10273.JPG SDC10276.JPGSDC10276.JPG SDC10277.JPGSDC10277.JPG

#6 11 years ago

The kit comes with very nice hardware, stainless steel. Notice the two shorter screw, they are very important. They must go in the correct hole or you will go through the playfield and have a nice screw hole you can see.

SDC10279.JPGSDC10279.JPG

#7 11 years ago

Left rail installed and all of the bow is gone.

SDC10280.JPGSDC10280.JPG

I left the "short screw" sticker on as a reminder just in case I ever need to remove and reinstall the rail.

SDC10281.JPGSDC10281.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Right side required that I move the placement of the playfield slide rail. Past that installation was straight forward.

SDC10284.JPGSDC10284.JPG SDC10285.JPGSDC10285.JPG

#9 11 years ago

Over all installation, including the modification of the left rail, took less than an hour. Very good product and does a great job of fixing the sagging playfield issues that all SC's suffer from. Thanks to Paul for making this available!

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for posting. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed by the modifications that had to be done to get the rails to fit though.

#11 11 years ago

Awesome, thanks so much for the pics.
Took care of your bow problem very well. How's it play now?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for posting. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed by the modifications that had to be done to get the rails to fit though.

It would have been nice if they just went right in but they didn't and the modifications weren't too bad. I was giving the benefit of the doubt and attributing the required modifications to the fact that my SC is a prototype. I have seen a few other post of installs and no mentions of fit problems.

#13 11 years ago

I don't remember having to modify them and if so it wasn't memorable.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Awesome, thanks so much for the pics.
Took care of your bow problem very well. How's it play now?

Actually I didn't notice much difference in play but I don't think my deflection was that bad. It looked pretty bad in the first picture but when we had it apart shopping it we put a straight edge across the playfield from front to back and the bow was only about 1/8" if I remember correctly. The good things is now I don't have to worry about sag ever causing issues in the future.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don't remember having to modify them and if so it wasn't memorable.

Good. Maybe since, as he mentioned, he has a prototype, that's the reason he had to modify the rails.

I played a lot of SC this weekend. Still loving this pin!

#16 11 years ago

Here was mine before.

image.jpgimage.jpg

8 months later
#17 10 years ago

This thread was exceedingly helpful. Got the rails installed. Thanks Marc; you'll have to let me buy you a beer at the Houston show.

safe_cracker_1.JPGsafe_cracker_1.JPG

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The only modification mine needed was I had to open up the out lane all the way on the left side and put some electrical tape around parts of the right side. Otherwise, the rails fit perfectly. These rails were very high quality.

#19 10 years ago

I need a set of these - where did you get them?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I need a set of these - where did you get them?

Sent you a PM with the gentleman's data. He only had a couple sets left earlier in the month. Good luck!

#21 10 years ago

The rails are a must. HUO, NIB, whatever, SC support rails are a must to take out the sag from the tonnage of mechs on that little bastard.

#22 10 years ago

Tiger Law, can you send me a PM also so I can see if the rails are still available, I remember seeing a post maybe by Taylor months ago about where these rails were purchased from originally. Also was wondering if anyone reading this post has any of the boxes (MOD) that were made to hide the solenoid in the back where the balls are released for multiball please PM me. Thanks

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Tiger Law, can you send me a PM also so I can see if the rails are still available, I remember seeing a post maybe by Taylor months ago about where these rails were purchased from originally. Also was wondering if anyone reading this post has any of the boxes (MOD) that were made to hide the solenoid in the back where the balls are released for multiball please PM me. Thanks

Just PM'd the info to you for the rails.

There was a guy on pinside that still had one of the boxes hiding the solenoid (those aren't made any more). Let me dig through my older pm's and see if i can find who it was and I'll pass that along to you as well.

#24 10 years ago

Awesome, thx Tiger Law, just sent an email for the rails. Thanks again for looking for the info on the box for the solenoid. Appreciate the help

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Awesome, thx Tiger Law, just sent an email for the rails. Thanks again for looking for the info on the box for the solenoid. Appreciate the help

I got the solenoid cover that was available last month.

1 year later
#26 9 years ago

Are these supports still available?

#28 9 years ago

check out wannapinball.com for his number. i believe he is running a batch.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

check out wannapinball.com for his number. i believe he is running a batch.

Thanks for the info.

2 months later
#30 9 years ago

I finally got around to installing my Safe Cracker rails the other day. I posted pics and story on my blog and website.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/installed-safe-cracker-pinball-support-rails/

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/safe%20cracker%20side%20rail%20install.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

3 years later
#31 5 years ago

Just installed mine - amazing these are still going after all these years, since they were first mentioned on rgp.

4 months later
#32 5 years ago

Can someone give me the POC to order these?

6 months later
#33 4 years ago

Hi there. sadly, there are no more support rails in stock. Paul is not planning any further production-run. If anyone has these support-brackets for sale, I'm glad for a message. I would be happy to buy them. Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-support-rails-installed-with-pics?hl=johnrezz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.