(Topic ID: 218097)

Safe Cracker setting "knob" random to no A2. 20

By Ballyoldboy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I had a long thread with Coyote who put my mind at rest with what I thought was a fault with the alarm on the board game, but just me being dumb.
He mentioned that you could change the Knob setting from random to yes or no. (Setting A.2. 20) So I changed it from yes to no and I cant see any difference in the knob performance. He said you could select the number to stop at (he didn't actually say that) to make going around the board game easier. However the right flipper stops the number slowly just as before and left flipper stops instantly just as before, so I can not see any change in game play at all. I hope Coyote reads this as I don't think I should continue a thread that was going way past my original question. So I would love to know what turning random off actually does. Please feel free to anyone else out there to answer

#2 5 years ago

It makes numbers sequential. I also have it on my game, makes a huge difference.

If it's on (default) then numbers are random and it makes it more difficult to select it.
With the setting off then numbers are sequential: 1, 2, 3, .. so it's easier to time, if you want a 4 then you see the first 3 numbers pass and can time a bit better when to press the buttons.

Always use the fast stop button..

#3 5 years ago

Yup, what aeneas said.
With the default, the numbers are random: "5, 4, 2, 5, 3, 1, 4, 5.." etc. With it set to 'no', they're sequential: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.."
The setting does not change the speed, or the action of either flipper. So with it to 'no', if you have a good sense of rhythm, you can time it - 1 ... 1 ... 1 ... stop. You won't get it every time, as the time delay between numbers (i.e. How long the dial stays on 1, vs how long it stays on another number) *is* slightly changed, but even with sequential numbers, you have a much better shot at picking the number you want to land on.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

It makes numbers sequential. I also have it on my game, makes a huge difference.
Always use the fast stop button..

Wow. That makes sense. Cant wait to try it when I get home. I shan't always use it for myself but the grand kids will be thrilled to have a better chance for that golden token. No one ever leaves my home with one of these, they get a fiver instead. Hmmm ..... maybe I wont tell them about this, I'm poor enough already. Thank you for the secrete
John in the UK

#5 5 years ago

Thank you both aeneas and Coyote for your time.
I'm red hot with E/M Bally bingo's if ever I can help

#6 5 years ago

Oh well, just tried it, the numbers whizz by so quick it might just as well be random. Just as fast as when random is set to yes. How you guys manage to get even close to a desired number beats me
A while latter
Just noticed that the wheel does slow down with the numbers in sequence and thats when you have a slim chance of hitting the number you want. I just didn't wait long enough to see that happen. In fact I have never waited long enough for the wheel to come to rest by its self. I always hit left or right more or less straight away

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-setting-knob-random-to-no-a2-20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.