• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by SarverSystems
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 33 days ago

Help!

I've got a Safe Cracker that will make a heart-attack rendering, ear drum splitting screech/alarm/noise once every 5 hours or so. This is NOT the start up / shut down pop or buzz. This sound is LOUD. I thought for sure we were under attack the other day, as I was sitting 3 feet away from it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#2 33 days ago

I have a roadshow that does this. It is so load it sounds like a train horn. It does this very infrequently but it has been doing this for over 10 years. I posted about this before but still have not figured out what it is. I would love to find out how to make it stop.

#3 33 days ago
Quoted from Pinballs4Fun:

Help!
I've got a Safe Cracker that will make a heart-attack rendering, ear drum splitting screech/alarm/noise once every 5 hours or so. This is NOT the start up / shut down pop or buzz. This sound is LOUD. I thought for sure we were under attack the other day, as I was sitting 3 feet away from it.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

A video with audio would be helpful.

#4 32 days ago

I had the same issue with mine. I had to swap out the sound ROM with a different one that fixed that issue. When I'm home tonight I can tell you what ROM version I had and what version I'm using. But that's what I had to do. I will edit this post later.

Quoted from jp1985:

Unfortunately it happens rarely (at least it did for me) maybe once in about 10 hours of being in attract mode. It's not only annoying, but it's like someone turned the sound of the game up to 11.

#5 32 days ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Wish I could, but it is completely random. I can't make it happen.

And, yes, train horn is a good word for the sound.

#6 32 days ago

So you need to change the sound chip ROM at S2 on the A/V board. I originally had v1.0 but changed it to v1.1 to eliminate the loud screech.

#7 32 days ago

Thanks! I'll check the ROM later today, as the machine is in another location (my work office).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sale Pending!
Los Angeles, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside