(Topic ID: 170066)

Safe cleaner for Invisiglass

By yonizzell

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    Invisibleglass (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I just received my Hobbit pinball and saw the suggestion to use Sparkle glass cleaner to clean the playfield-glass. I can't seem to find that stuff anywhere, I have found a lot of cleaners without ammonia. Would ammonia free glass cleaner be safe for Invisiglass?

#2 7 years ago

Ammonia free works, spray on cloth, not directly on glass. Half water and half Isopropyl Alcohol works too.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

I always try to clean glass with a dry cloth first. I use Wypall L40s for almost everything. They are disposable but can be reused quite a bit. A little breath "huff" for some moisture and you can get most spots and oily marks to come off without any cleaner at all. If it's really dirty Sparkle does work well, but alcohol and water is just as good.

#4 7 years ago

Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfiber cloth... nothing more needed.

#5 7 years ago

Cool- thanks a lot fellas!

#6 7 years ago

Sparkle glass cleaner. They sell it at Ace Hardware by the gallon here.
    Its ammonia free and doesnt streak when the class is finally clean.
    I use it mostly for the inside of the glass that gets dirty from wax evaporation coating the glass.
    Works great on the outside too, and anything else like an actual window...

#7 7 years ago

Perfect Glass.
    Spray on the microfiber towel.

#8 7 years ago

Sparkle is de-ionized as well, so it attracts less dust. Great stuff. We used to whip down the display models at the stereo store I worked at years ago.

#9 7 years ago

I buy sparkle on Amazon.

#10 7 years ago

I use a recommended homemade mix of 1/2 distilled water, 1/2 isopropyl alcohol, and a few drops of Dawn detergent. Works great along with a microfiber glass cleaning towel!

#11 7 years ago

Does Sparkle work on PDI glass as well?

#13 7 years ago

from costco

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

I bought Sparkle from Home Depot. You have to order on-line but it delivers to the local store for free-took about three days. $8 gets you a 33 oz spray bottle (full) plus a gallon jug. Been using on the car's glass as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cleaner-for-invisiglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.