Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nikrox2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cut Wires (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190522_202311_01 (resized).jpg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Wow is this from the 1930s?

#52 4 years ago

"I talked to my Wife, can only do 100 bucks.
    Can I make payments?
    Can you come over tomorrow and fix my machine?
    But its Christmas Eve!
    I know we need it for a Christmas Party.

#53 4 years ago

I'd like to program this game to run on Raspberry Pi.
    I was excited to go look at a game a co-worker had but it turned out to be an old EM.
    Looking for an old EM for a re-theme.

#54 4 years ago

Cracked back glass.

#55 4 years ago

I'm making a kit that will convert EMs to solid state machines!!!!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'd like to program this game to run on Raspberry Pi.

I made my post before I saw your's .

Part of me would like to see something like an "EM to SS" kit since it would mean more serviceable, lower cost machines for people (for whatever reason, a LOT of people are scared of working on EMs vs solid state machines).

The other part of me cringes when I think of ripping out all of that mechanical awesomeness and replacing it with a microprocessor and some transistors .

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

The other part of me cringes when I think of ripping out all of that mechanical awesomeness and replacing it with a microprocessor and some transistors .

That's what I do. If you want SS buy SS.

There are exceptions to the rule though. Recently a guy took an old Bally. I believe he had a head and playfield. The lower cab was missing the mech board or missing altogether. Anyway I couldn't find the thread but he did an awesome job converting a pile of parts into a cool playing game. I can't stand to see a complete game get converted into an experiment but if you can piece something out of nothing I applaud you.

#58 4 years ago

EM’s suck!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Steve Young retired, moved to Boca, bought the penthouse condo and took up shuffleboard.

I'll take it further.

"Steve Young died, and he had so much debt that all the Gottlieb rights and equipment were sold by the estate to Marco Specialties."

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I'm making a kit that will convert EMs to solid state machines!!!!

I would say to that person; "How interesting because I'm converting solid state to EM because the logic is so much more dependable, so I guess that pretty much evens things out"

#61 4 years ago

Now that you've made a 3 hour trip to consider buying my late husband's old pinball machine collection, I just remembered the title of each game. They all have the same title: "pachinko."

#62 4 years ago

We kept it in the basement that floods every year.

LTG : )

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

It was easy to repaint the whole cabinet one solid color with a roller

Yeah, or "I don't want that filthy thing in the house. At least paint it brown to match the paneling!"

#64 4 years ago

"It's been sold"

#65 4 years ago

And, it’s still got all it’s original balls in it too!

#66 4 years ago

I have rethemed it

#67 4 years ago

My time is worth more on the newer machines

#68 4 years ago

Everytime one's broke, it's always the same problem.

"It won't kick the ball back out"

#69 4 years ago

I couldn't find anyone to fix it, so we took it tot he dump.

#70 4 years ago

I saw how much it’s worth on Pawn Stars.

#71 4 years ago

"Them's just a box full of door bells"

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Of the more modern era of EMs, I'd think maybe Fireball or any other multiball EM would be a good contender.
    But lately, I've really been digging older woodrails. They really experimented with their designs, and gobble holes can be a lucrative hoot. Check out some of Harry William's designs back then. He was designing in ramps before it was cool.

I’ve shopped/restored Fireball, 4M BC, and Nip it, the only complexity really is the multiball circuit, had the most issues with Nip it, as it’s multiball circuit is counter intuitive and a PITA to get it dialed in... I’ve also restored an EM Cleo... could they cram more crap under the PF? How about WMS Solids N Stripes with the big ass split bank under the PF that keeps track of player 1 and Player 2 ball numbers pocketed...very cool feature!

#73 4 years ago

"Pinball - that's gambling."

Quoted because that is what two elderly gentlemen told me in front of my kids one day at antique show. Yes, I know the history there. Saddened me because they have been thinking this for all their life.

#74 4 years ago

“When it’s restored they sell for $3000”

#75 4 years ago

All these Em's in the free play area at the __________ show sure play sluggish and slow.

#76 4 years ago

'Bad Theme but a fun machine, hate to part it out but no one wanted it".

#77 4 years ago

My client not only wants the house, she also wants all of those pinball machines, including the old ones too.

Added over 5 years ago:

Deleted

#78 4 years ago
    IMG_20190522_202311_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20190522_202311_01 (resized).jpg
    #79 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

All these Em's in the free play area at the _________ show sure play sluggish and slow.

I always look forward to playing the EM's at shows - seldom a line & where else can you find them?

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I always look forward to playing the EM's at shows - seldom a line & where else can you find them?

True

At the shows I've been too (all the same), too many just barely get them working to get a free admission to the show. Sluggish play, weak flippers, features not working, etc.. I think that when the public at the show plays them, they get the wrong impression of em game play on these examples - Em's are not fun to play. It's a good thing there are good ones brought to the shows though. When I took a game to a show, it was bulletproofed to make it through the weekend and I thought my chances of selling it would be better.

Don't get me wrong though - if it wasn't for the guys bringing pins to the show, we wouldn't have any to play. Nothing will change - just venting lol.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

True
    At the shows I've been too (all the same), too many just barely get them working to get a free admission to the show. Sluggish play, weak flippers, features not working, etc.. I think that when the public at the show plays them, they get the wrong impression of em game play on these examples - Em's are not fun to play.

All worth it when you find the few that ARE truly restored.

#82 4 years ago

Why do only the sucky games give you 5 balls?

1 week later
    #83 4 years ago

The bubbles on the back-glass was an easy fix with packing-tape

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image]

BRUTAL, lol.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

'Bad Theme but a fun machine, hate to part it out but no one wanted it".

That’s the 2 saddest words to me: “Parting out”.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

The bubbles on the back-glass was an easy fix with packing-tape

I sadly, listened to the advice of a local operator and did this to an em backglass YEARS ago when I was young and early into my coin op knowledge....what a mistake. Was told to lube up a lot of stuck things in same machine as well

And YES, that machine had a small fire in it after using WD......

#87 4 years ago

Shopped: new drops, New backglass, new lane guides, fresh rubber, new ball, non ghosting LED's (don't condem me)

(a guy today from Craigslist) : I'll give you $450 cash.

Machine - For Sale
    Old Chicago Archived
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice Bally old Chicago. Cab is solid with a few digs and scratches. Someone painted it black/red. Comet natural white in all GI, comet warm white in back box, comet non ghosting i...”
    2019-05-30
    Burlington, VT
    650 (Firm)
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 2249 times

#88 4 years ago

5 balls - 8 seconds - HÄHHHH?

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

That’s the 2 saddest words to me: “Parting out”.

...unless I need some of the parts.

#90 4 years ago

I'm moving and have to sell some pins!

#91 4 years ago

no multi ball?

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from novaguy:

Had a guy tell me not long ago that he gave a game to his brother in law and when he moved he left the game in the basement.I asked him what game it was and he said he couldn't remember but it had boxing men in the middle of the pf.ouch.

i gave my brother a Space Invaders pin as a housewarming gift years ago. He had bought 2 lots next to each other and built on Lot A. 10 years later, they built their forever home on lot B, and sold house A with the game still in it. So every time I go to his house, i tell him "Jackass, you know what that game's worth now?"

1 week later
    #93 4 years ago

Saddest words to hear? " I didn't know those just unplugged, so I cut them"
    Zoom in on the photo...ugh!

Cut Wires (resized).jpgCut Wires (resized).jpg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saddest-words-an-em-pin-fan-can-hear/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.