Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

309E8B36-F674-4E2A-97E2-2F39175C05A5 (resized).jpeg
    3DB66A58-27C3-4B8E-B629-4CCDA400A8BC (resized).jpeg
    We've got trouble (resized).JPG
    IMG-20210822-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    giphy_s (resized).png
    24552ABF-8AFB-4769-9D23-97F7FE9D5199 (resized).jpeg
    A1168ADD-4D55-455F-9364-5E9FB6813B9B (resized).jpeg
    DDA6142C-1AD1-473B-B0A9-1934AD503866 (resized).jpeg
    8751F38B-2817-40B3-859A-8E49783FFC54 (resized).png
    ezgif-4-2154363109.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #131 Response from Tim Posted by timarnold (1 year ago)

Post #144 PHOF rules sign Posted by PismoArcade (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago

My youngest is severely autistic.
    None of this Asperger’s syndrome,mild or things like that. I mean full on you have a child for life autism.
    The problem with the label is it’s so broad these days and way too inclusive. Terms have been changed and it doesn’t give a very good description of one’s true condition.
    When I was growing up a person like my son would be labeled mildly to moderately retarded.
    I know that sounds harsh but it was how they labeled people like him and it did a much better job of stating one’s true condition and helped set expectations for his needs or what he might be like.
    Since the Rainman movie,the political correctness and a few other things it has really made it difficult to both understand and absorb what true autism is.
    As far as the incident goes. It is absolutely the parents fault.
    They know better than anyone else what the challenges might be and it’s not the publics job to placate them.
    If the kid can’t handle it then don’t take him in there.
    My son is 22 he’s never been invited to a birthday party,he has never had a true friend,he never had a girlfriend,he will never drive nor live independently.
    That sucks! But it’s not the publics problem other than just to hopefully be kind to him whenever and however possible.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I don’t have an autistic child, but I have friends who do and understand at least peripherally some of the challenges. We have in more than one instance scheduled a private event for a single family with an autistic child at a significant discount so that they can enjoy a public space they wouldn’t otherwise get to go to or feel comfortable going to in a crowd.
    The attempt to vilify Tim here is just mortifying. The public shaming was meant to accomplish what exactly ? Make Tim give everyone that can’t control their behavior a free pass ? I think not.

It’s just an unfortunate sign of the times and world we live in.
    There is a growing segment of society that thinks if you do not fully accommodate them despite whatever your good reason is for not then you are in turn discriminating against them.
    Honestly from the heart. Half the children I have seen first hand labeled as autistic were nothing more than little monsters.
    My own son has had to be in classrooms with them and they can be uncontrollable and extremely mean spirited.
    That’s a situation you can’t do a lot about as a parent you have to send your kid to school but taking them in public is a choice. If you have such a child then it is your responsibility to protect everyone else not the other way around.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sad-to-see-yet-another-incident-at-the-phof-?tu=High_End_Pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.