Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

309E8B36-F674-4E2A-97E2-2F39175C05A5 (resized).jpeg
    3DB66A58-27C3-4B8E-B629-4CCDA400A8BC (resized).jpeg
    We've got trouble (resized).JPG
    IMG-20210822-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    giphy_s (resized).png
    24552ABF-8AFB-4769-9D23-97F7FE9D5199 (resized).jpeg
    A1168ADD-4D55-455F-9364-5E9FB6813B9B (resized).jpeg
    DDA6142C-1AD1-473B-B0A9-1934AD503866 (resized).jpeg
    8751F38B-2817-40B3-859A-8E49783FFC54 (resized).png
    ezgif-4-2154363109.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #131 Response from Tim Posted by timarnold (1 year ago)

Post #144 PHOF rules sign Posted by PismoArcade (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CubeSnake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 1 year ago

This is a long, drawn-out sad read, so be forewarned.
    When I was in my 20's I co-managed a movie theatre. being in that business you'd see all kinds of disgusting human behavior. The one that still bothers me to this very day is when we were running Disney's "Lady & The Tramp" on a snowy February Sat matinee. We had a nice couple with a young daughter (about 11 y/o) come in and they were complimenting me on the theatre, as it was an old picture palace circa late 1920's. I offered them a tour and the father perked-up and said, "Hell yes!!" I brought them up to the booth and they all were fascinated by the projection equipment and all the "behind the scenes" things. Their daughter, named Jessie was so enthralled that she asked me how she could become a projectionist. I told her I promised I'd give her a job in the theatre when she was old enough. The parents smiled at that.
    the show was about 5 minutes from starting and I told them that after the show I'd give them an in-depth tour of the backstage area if they'd like. They were all SO into this place!
    Back down to the lobby we all went and while we were upstairs a group home of some sorts came in and were being obnoxious. Yes, there was even a spinner, which prompted me to write this thread.
    In a heartbeat one of them LUNGED at Jessie and started pummeling her. ZERO provocation. It was pure animal coming out in this kid. In the melee, the attacker got himself tangled up in the rope stantions and it came down on Jessie's head, crushing her skull. I'm not going to describe the scene other than it was horrific. Their 'group leader' who was the attacker's father we later found out -kept repeating , "But he has interaction issues!!". I don't believe we were using stupid euphamistic terms like "on the spectrum" yet.
    I left with the family to the hospital as I had the other manager there to take over for me. They got her stabilized but informed the parents that she'd suffered severe damage to her brain and couldn't comment on the outcome of her recovery at that time.
    She is now in her mid-40's and in a vegitative state. I visit her usually with her dad at the very least 1x a month. She knows I'm there and I swear I can detect a smile! Her parents and I had become lifelong friends from this tragedy. Her mom passed a few years back and never recovered from this.
    My point to this long ramble is that if you have a child who you KNOW shouldn't be mixing with others or is potentially dangerous---LEAVE THEM HOME! When you have a child such as this you have to realize from the day they're born that your lives have changed. Period. Don't attempt to normalize them. It won't happen. Pin as many 'feel-good' names on their condition if that helps you.
    In closing, just because you have and child with XYZ syndrome gives you NO MORE RIGHTS than anyone else. Read that last line again. Thanks for bearing with me on this part of my life.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

Other pinball organizations have banned autistic people before for things like picking up a shoe and smelling it.

As they should. Disgusting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CubeSnake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sad-to-see-yet-another-incident-at-the-phof-?tu=CubeSnake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.