Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

309E8B36-F674-4E2A-97E2-2F39175C05A5 (resized).jpeg
    3DB66A58-27C3-4B8E-B629-4CCDA400A8BC (resized).jpeg
    We've got trouble (resized).JPG
    IMG-20210822-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    giphy_s (resized).png
    24552ABF-8AFB-4769-9D23-97F7FE9D5199 (resized).jpeg
    A1168ADD-4D55-455F-9364-5E9FB6813B9B (resized).jpeg
    DDA6142C-1AD1-473B-B0A9-1934AD503866 (resized).jpeg
    8751F38B-2817-40B3-859A-8E49783FFC54 (resized).png
    ezgif-4-2154363109.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

News should have reported ….

You can flip the story. There’s always two ways (or more) things can be reported.

** NEW ARTICLE **

TIM ARNOLD SAVES CHILD FROM DEVASTATING HEAD INJURY

Local businessman Tim Arnold, director of one of Las Vegas’ most beloved institutions, The Pinball Hall of Fame, today saved a young child from a lifetime of surgeries.

Quick action by Tim’s eagle eyed staff members prevented the 9 year old boy from serious injury, as he rapidly spun in large circles in the Las Vegas attractions wide concrete walkways.

“I always tell my guys to keep an eye out for the spinning kids” Tim said. “I’m always really concerned that one of them will injure themselves on one of my collectable pinball machines. They weigh 300 pounds you know - they’re pretty darn solid”

Tim and his alert staff member Tina have been recommended for the “Safety Conscious Citizens” award - an award handed out by Las Vegas Mayor Frank Rizzo annually.

“I’m so pleased that the Pinball Hall of Fame has again been recognised in this way”, Tim said today. “We always strive to provide our customers with a great experience, and a safe environment to play our games in”.

< end >

rd

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Is there more footage than shown or did the reporter cherry pick? I think I know the answer. They only showed the kid spinning in place standing up slowly. My oldest son has always done that and even sometimes does and he's in middle school (never outgrew it). He's not autistic but is ADHD. When he twirls it's controlled and in no danger. There had to be more, otherwise it was an over reaction.
    That woman that works there also appeared really wound up. She was probably getting teamed up on because it said another family jumped in.

I watched the report on youtube. The video consists of the dad focusing on the attendant, arguing with her. One or two times he quickly pans to his right for a split sec, but it’s just a bunch of people standing around. Shot after the incident and after he and the attendant started arguing.

The news report interviews the dad in the parking lot of his apartment complex (or something like that), and the cameraman took a shot of the kid spinning in place very slowly, calmly. I doubt he was acting that calm at the PHOF.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Agreed. Blocking the person who said it and every single person who upvoted it.
    Mods should lock this shithole thread before I lose any more respect for this community.

Against my better judgment to stay out of this: I couldn’t help but notice the irony of “I don’t like this thread, so it should be locked rather than me just quitting reading it”.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Nice empathy gang. Given the minimal detail in the article I’d hesitate to cast judgement on either side. But people’s willingness here to pile on a family with an autistic kid is pretty remarkable.

There's no shortage of empathy particularly in the Western world.

What people are increasingly growing tired of is the creeping normality of victim/entitlement mentality that is becoming all too pervasive in our society.

Quoted from Gribbs:

Against my better judgment to stay out of this: I couldn’t help but notice the irony of “I don’t like this thread, so it should be locked rather than me just quitting reading it”.

But if they did that then how would we ever know they were offended?

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

What people are increasingly growing tired of is the creeping normality of victim/entitlement mentality that is becoming all too pervasive in our society.

Its rampant.

Work related: We have a compromised resident who is in the hospital now because her family member LIED TO THE SCREENER and is COVID POSITIVE.

They were ENTITLED TO BE THERE was the excuse given. Well now your mother might die because of your stupidity. You endangered everyone compromised in the wing your mother came in contact with before she was symptomatic.

Entitled. I loath that word and the people who use it as a shield or hammer to justify shitty behavior.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

News should have reported
    “ another bad parenting decision stopped by caring pinball community”

Exactly!
    And Now the parents are looking into legal action… !

In this litigious asshole society there is a potential lawsuit on either side of the flip of the coin. Child falls while spinning and gets a head injury. Child was discriminated against and should be allowed to spin.

I know someone who works in management for a large supermarket chain. They have a robot patrolling the store that looks for anything on the floor that could cause a slip and fall accident. Almost immediately after starting the robot patrol program, people started filing lawsuits stating that The robot is watching them and follows them around the store. They have nightmares and can’t sleep. The robot has caused them permanent mental anguish!

I was shopping at the store a few weeks ago and they were selling beanie baby sized plush toys of the robot on the candy isle. I took a pic and texted the manager “ what the F ! That G damn robot already haunts my thoughts and dreams 24/7 and your company has the Balls to sell toys that resemble it!

24552ABF-8AFB-4769-9D23-97F7FE9D5199 (resized).jpeg24552ABF-8AFB-4769-9D23-97F7FE9D5199 (resized).jpegA1168ADD-4D55-455F-9364-5E9FB6813B9B (resized).jpegA1168ADD-4D55-455F-9364-5E9FB6813B9B (resized).jpeg
    #107 1 year ago

#108 1 year ago
    giphy_s (resized).pnggiphy_s (resized).png
    #109 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

There's no shortage of empathy particularly in the Western world.

I was actually talking about this thread specifically. Curious as to why you feel the need to imply the west is more empathetic than other parts of the world- especially as there’s almost zero evidence of that here - but I’ve got some guesses.

Point being that empathy and intolerance on an individual level are in no way exclusive to a particular part of the world, and these sorts of generalizations actually speak to a misunderstanding of what empathy is and how it works.

#110 1 year ago

Without being there to witness it I have no idea how the child was behaving….regardless any business has a right to deny service or ask people to leave for any number of reasons. Now it’s how you ask people to leave and the reason that can be a problem. There are frivolous lawsuits filed all the time and some have merit and some don’t. I feel this is just bad publicity and the news/parents making a story out of something that was probably nothing. Maybe the attendant handled it poorly and was rude and it angered the parents. Maybe the attendant wasn’t rude but the parents are used to the kid behaving in this manner and don’t realize that behavior is not allowed in the PHOF and were upset being asked to leave….perhaps they have had issues at other places and feel like they are discriminated against everywhere they go. It is highly unlikely that particular child was identified and singled out because of their condition…that is what would have to be proved in a lawsuit to make it discrimination.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

Yes, crazy and evil.

#112 1 year ago

If this is mistreatment of an autistic kid presumably there are nonautistic kids who are allowed to spin without getting kicked out? If that's not the case, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence that it is, then the action of spinning is the problem, not the kid's autism. The kid apparently not being able to control his spinning is irrelevant.

This is great for the parents though, they get their 15 minutes of fame and a bunch of sympathy without anything really serious having happened to them. I'm sure there will be a GoFundMe popping up in the coming weeks to help with the "legal fees" and "emotional damage"

#113 1 year ago

You kinda sound like a guy that SHOULDN'T have kids.

#114 1 year ago

This is a long, drawn-out sad read, so be forewarned.
    When I was in my 20's I co-managed a movie theatre. being in that business you'd see all kinds of disgusting human behavior. The one that still bothers me to this very day is when we were running Disney's "Lady & The Tramp" on a snowy February Sat matinee. We had a nice couple with a young daughter (about 11 y/o) come in and they were complimenting me on the theatre, as it was an old picture palace circa late 1920's. I offered them a tour and the father perked-up and said, "Hell yes!!" I brought them up to the booth and they all were fascinated by the projection equipment and all the "behind the scenes" things. Their daughter, named Jessie was so enthralled that she asked me how she could become a projectionist. I told her I promised I'd give her a job in the theatre when she was old enough. The parents smiled at that.
    the show was about 5 minutes from starting and I told them that after the show I'd give them an in-depth tour of the backstage area if they'd like. They were all SO into this place!
    Back down to the lobby we all went and while we were upstairs a group home of some sorts came in and were being obnoxious. Yes, there was even a spinner, which prompted me to write this thread.
    In a heartbeat one of them LUNGED at Jessie and started pummeling her. ZERO provocation. It was pure animal coming out in this kid. In the melee, the attacker got himself tangled up in the rope stantions and it came down on Jessie's head, crushing her skull. I'm not going to describe the scene other than it was horrific. Their 'group leader' who was the attacker's father we later found out -kept repeating , "But he has interaction issues!!". I don't believe we were using stupid euphamistic terms like "on the spectrum" yet.
    I left with the family to the hospital as I had the other manager there to take over for me. They got her stabilized but informed the parents that she'd suffered severe damage to her brain and couldn't comment on the outcome of her recovery at that time.
    She is now in her mid-40's and in a vegitative state. I visit her usually with her dad at the very least 1x a month. She knows I'm there and I swear I can detect a smile! Her parents and I had become lifelong friends from this tragedy. Her mom passed a few years back and never recovered from this.
    My point to this long ramble is that if you have a child who you KNOW shouldn't be mixing with others or is potentially dangerous---LEAVE THEM HOME! When you have a child such as this you have to realize from the day they're born that your lives have changed. Period. Don't attempt to normalize them. It won't happen. Pin as many 'feel-good' names on their condition if that helps you.
    In closing, just because you have and child with XYZ syndrome gives you NO MORE RIGHTS than anyone else. Read that last line again. Thanks for bearing with me on this part of my life.

#115 1 year ago

Other pinball organizations have banned autistic people before for things like picking up a shoe and smelling it.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

Other pinball organizations have banned autistic people before for things like picking up a shoe and smelling it.

As they should. Disgusting.

#117 1 year ago

Why do you think teaching your kids that the outside world should change for them is better than teaching your kids that they might have to change for the world? Kinda setting them up for failure

Quoted from KingVidiot:

Agreed. Blocking the person who said it and every single person who upvoted it.
    Mods should lock this shithole thread before I lose any more respect for this community.

Did you honestly expect anything better from a community full of boomers? Blocking everyone you don't like and asking for the thread to be shut down instead of clicking off is pretty pathetic

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Pretty assumptive post. I'm a parent of two boys. I also coached kids from toddler to high school. I would say I'm an expert in parental interactions, as I had to deal with literally hundreds of different parents in the last 25 years.
    You know what? There are a ton of parents who believe the world should bend to their (or their children's) whims. It's more about how they are "inconvenienced" or "disadvantaged" or "discriminated against". You know who are the absolute worst? Parent's with kids who are claimed to have ADHD or mild autism. I say "claimed" because the minority actually get a confirmatory diagnosis from a clinical psychologist. I know because I would always ask so that I knew how to best connect with the kid. However, that really is irrelevant because their parents use ADHD or autism as a hammer to make sure their needs are the ones prioritized over everyone elses. Nearly every time.
    I can only think of two parents that had kids (elementary school age) with mild/moderate autism that would be mindful and watching their child's behavior and proactively remove them from a situation when the child clearly was having issues for the moment. Every other parent? Stop everything and make sure you are attending to what is going on with my child. And "why aren't you paying enough attenting to (insert kid's name here)?" Seriously. It's not like I had 15-25 other kids that my attention had to be devoted to.

Yes, yes, yes & YES!!! Spot on, you got it, you get it. My Aunt, my Dad's sister is mildly retarded. She has the mental capabilities of about a 9 to 10 year old. Never was her handicapped condition used as an excuse to have preferential treatment, nor did it ever hold my grandmother from removing her from any given situation. I grew up with her and to me she was just Aunt Sarah.

I also grew up playing hockey, from 8 yrs old to well in my 40's. I also coached and one year I had 2 kids(12-13yrd olds) with ADHD on the team. Both kids were medicated. One kid was my goalie, the other was one of my forwards and real good player. At the very beginning of the season, the goalie's father took me aside and said " You do not treat my kid any differently, you do what you have to and I will back you 100%" The other kid had parents who thought little Kyle was to get special treatment for everything. One practice we are running the gaunlet checking drill. Everyone spreads out and lines up along the boards, each skater gets a turn skating through the line and getting checked into the boards. Well, little Kyle decided to go knee 1st into one of the kids going through the gauntlet. I immediately stop the drill, call out Kyle for kneeing, pull him out of the drill, and make him do 50 push-ups because kneeing in youth hockey is a major misconduct penalty. Next thing I know I am being called into a meeting with the club president, our team manager and the kid's parents. I was chastised by these people up and down for how dare I treat their special child so baldly. Our club president looked at me and asked to please respond to these concerns. I looked at them all and said for 23 hours a day, as parents, you treat your child as you see fit. However, when these kids are on the ice with me , I am the parent for one hour for an entire team and when I see something that is completely wrong, I will handle it in a manner I see fit that is condusive to my teaching the game of hockey. Your kid went knee first into his teammate and he paid the price for it. I then turned to the club president and said if I am wrong, fire me and walked out of the meeting. I finished the season and little Kyle was still our star player. Another season I had yet another medicated ADHD kid. This kid I felt so bad for because he was so medicated that the kid trembled at times. I went out of my way to treat this kid good.

About 5 years later, I read in a local paper how Kyle had been arrested for drugs and assault on an officer.

Anyway, the more and more I read this whole thread, I gotta believe we have few situations here. 1st of all, the new location has that nice, smooth and almost slick concrete floor, really is no place for a kid to be spinning himself dizzy or unbalanced. Secondly, having my own situation with that girl in the video, I can 100% understand how the situation was probably handled poorly and turned into a complete shit show. It's at this very point I can see how Tim gets involved and just says everyone out. It's also at this same point I do have some sympathy for the parents because I know how poorly she handles things. Much like I used the fact that I was walking around drinking a soda as reasoning why I didn't have my mask over make face, these parents used the fact that their child has autism as to the reasoning there child was acting out. The fact is I had a reason, the parents had a reason, and Tim has specific rules. It's just the way in how it was handled that ALL parties were pissed off. No win for anyone.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

My point to this long ramble is that if you have a child who you KNOW shouldn't be mixing with others or is potentially dangerous---LEAVE THEM HOME! When you have a child such as this you have to realize from the day they're born that your lives have changed. Period. Don't attempt to normalize them. It won't happen. Pin as many 'feel-good' names on their condition if that helps you.
    In closing, just because you have and child with XYZ syndrome gives you NO MORE RIGHTS than anyone else. Read that last line again. Thanks for bearing with me on this part of my life.

You are so correct. I am also sorry you not only had to witness this, but live through it. Bravo to you for your friendship to that family. I hope the parents of the other kid were sued to holy hell because this is an absolute scenario where a lawsuit is appropriate and not because feelings were hurt.

#120 1 year ago

We all do our best to love our children...and I think society as a whole, understands and loves all children regardless of their shape or intellect. Sometimes I wish I had an autistic child to care for.

#121 1 year ago

I lived the hell for 30yrs of working in social services (welfare). So many entitled bs for free at ur (the tax payer expense), is way beyond what I can post. And when u bring your pet "emotional support" pit bull to Knott's Berry Farm and it attacks people waiting for food. F U. Yeah. that's truth. I'll just limit myself now

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

And Now the parents are looking into legal action… !

That could cost them.

They may find a lawyer to take the case on a contingency.

If the other party counter sues. No lawyer will handle that for free.

Now you are in the game. Better have deep pockets.

LTG : )

#123 1 year ago

I'll just add before u get all defensive, my good friend had her lovable family pet friendly pit bull attack her dad for no reason and almost, u know, the worst, well he did have a Christmas tree that was a problem. And then people bring their family pet to a theme park and claim them to be "emotional support animals. Recently this exact thing happened and an attack occurred while people were waiting in line for food, and our common friend and co-worker is trying to deal with a child that literally has attacked his sibling and parents and has been expelled from several schools. At like under 10 yrs old. The parents are doing their best but u have to factor in the collateral damage. They get it, and are doing their best, but these let's sue parents don't. Control ur children or remove them from the situation/danger. And no ur not going to get rich on some lawsuit. F u.

On a aside, as a govt agency, and like the public sector, we had to spend many 10's of thousands of tax dollars to reconstruct handicap access ramps that were tiny degrees out of compliance with ada because of ada lawsuit abuse. Our agency was attacked for "damages" by these grifters. The absurdness is ridiculous and I'll stop now.

#124 1 year ago
    IMG-20210822-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20210822-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    #125 1 year ago

I’ve worked with people with autism for more than 15 years in a number of different capacities. Sometimes some people with autism just can’t go certain places and function well due to overstimulation or need for appropriate boundaries. With that being said, I can’t imagine having a kid with autism spinning around in a big building with a bunch of noisy pinball machines should be that big of a deal. I wouldn’t have kicked him out.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

My youngest is severely autistic.
    None of this Asperger’s syndrome,mild or things like that. I mean full on you have a child for life autism.
    The problem with the label is it’s so broad these days and way too inclusive. Terms have been changed and it doesn’t give a very good description of one’s true condition.
    When I was growing up a person like my son would be labeled mildly to moderately retarded.
    I know that sounds harsh but it was how they labeled people like him and it did a much better job of stating one’s true condition and helped set expectations for his needs or what he might be like.
    Since the Rainman movie,the political correctness and a few other things it has really made it difficult to both understand and absorb what true autism is.
    As far as the incident goes. It is absolutely the parents fault.
    They know better than anyone else what the challenges might be and it’s not the publics job to placate them.
    If the kid can’t handle it then don’t take him in there.
    My son is 22 he’s never been invited to a birthday party,he has never had a true friend,he never had a girlfriend,he will never drive nor live independently.
    That sucks! But it’s not the publics problem other than just to hopefully be kind to him whenever and however possible.

My 19 year old has autism, she is considered high functioning on the spectrum but I can relate to your family. My daughter doesn’t have any friends, no parties, speech is deficient even though she is whip smart in many areas and an amazing artist…shelives with us…with no plans for leaving and taking classes at a junior college locally..starting to take drivers Ed very slowly, she says she wants to live on her own but we are taking one day at a time. That being said I totally agree with you. We had our moments out in public and we immediately left the event, venue …what have you and got my daughter the proper care from an age of 2. It took many years of hard work, but you’d have to spend some time with her before you realized she was special needs. I wouldn’t think of suing a business because of my child’s behavior. Autistic or not, parents still have a responsibility to parent their children. Especially when it comes to children with autism, there are infinite degrees of severity, but not trying to hold them to a somewhat “normal” social standard does nothing but hinder development IMHO.

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That could cost them.

You are correct Lloyd. I’d imagine a min. of a $5000 retainer to get the ball rolling. Especially if they don’t think it’s a slam dunk case which it is not.

Society in general is spiraling towards the apocalypse faster every year. In the last few years I’ve seen some insane lawsuits related to people that I do work for.

1)A person walks unannounced/ no knock, just opens the door and walks in to a townhome. Unfortunately their friend lived next door. Wrong house and The owners dog bit them. Lawsuit filed against the landlord.

2)Teenager tries to break into a home and cuts his hand on the window he broke to gain entry. Lawsuit filed.

3) a “weight challenged woman” who was over 500lbs collapsed a chair in a restaurant. Lawsuit filed

4) Swat Team shoots tear gas into a home where the wife had a restraining order against the husband. Neighbors called the police when they saw him enter. They were afraid she was a hostage. He refused to exit due to open arrest warrants. Her lease required her to have renters insurance. She let it expire and didn’t drop the restraining order even though they were back together again. Lawsuit filed. Property damage.

Anyone in business today should wear a shirt with a bullseye on it!

#128 1 year ago

The reality is this shitbag parent is going to sue. And because of the current and complete lunacy of America's mental majority state of mind he could win.

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

As they should. Disgusting.

They should kick out fat people as well then, for that is also disgusting.

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The reality is this shitbag parent is going to sue. And because of the current and complete lunacy of America's mental majority state of mind he could win.

I hope not. But a "victim" of r discrim told me in 1998 she was setting up a lawsuit. In 2016 or so she got her 200K and retired. Beyond outrageous since she was totally incompetent the entire time. But the paypayer trough is always full of goodies.

#131 1 year ago

Tim here at the Pinball Hall of Fame.

We have exact mechanical standards for HUNDREDS of things you can and can not do in the PHOF.

Running includes skipping, twirling, jumping up and down, but does not include fast walking.

To be screaming, it must meet all 3 of the following tests: It must be LOUD, it must be continous, and it must be HIGH PITCHED. Two of the three is NOT actionable.

Shoes must cover the feet. No wheelie shoees. No roller skates. No open backed shoes.

We have a state of the art brand new 30,000 dollar security cam system with 4K video EVERYWHERE.

We have a 1200 dollar 3 channel Motorola radio system.

We have 4 levels of danger-control. Green, Yellow, Orange (New this year) and Red.

When we were on Tropicana, it was normal to have 1 or 2 staff on duty. Now we are at 3 or 4.

We have a series of signals and code words that do NOT include any negitive names, like Tard, or any racial epitats.

We have started giving a quick welcome-to-PHOF greeting that includes an exact 45 word eplanation of "The three simple rules for children" to any arriving group that includes kids.

We have a rigid internal protocol of "tagging out", where any team member can take over if an attendant is getting angry. This acts as a "reset" and shows an out of control camper that we act not as one, but as a group.

We are also NOT afraid of losing customers. The advantage of being a high-volume, low-priced attaction is that we do not depend on any one person or group for our our income, we can easily drop the bototm 5 percent of our customers and still pay our bills.

We are also not afraid to stand up for what is ours. We took a picket outside our door during construction when we would not concede to very bad contract for drywall hangers. We have been sued several times and may be sued again in the future. We are mentally prepared for anything anybody can throw at us. Our lawers are on retainer and are THE BEST.

I can not comment on the situation that made the news, as it has not yet been resolved.

We continue to welcome the public 88 hours a week, 365 days a year with a happy smile and a positive attitude. Porange is still FAT AND HAPPY!

Thank you for your kind words, it keeps us going!

#132 1 year ago

Well said, now maybe this thread can just fade away.

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

We have exact mechanical standards for HUNDREDS of things you can and can not do in the PHOF.
    Running includes skipping, twirling, jumping up and down, but does not include fast walking.
    To be screaming, it must meet all 3 of the following tests: It must be LOUD, it must be continous, and it must be HIGH PITCHED. Two of the three is NOT actionable.
    Shoes must cover the feet. No wheelie shoees. No roller skates. No open backed shoes.
    We have a state of the art brand new 30,000 dollar security cam system with 4K video EVERYWHERE.
    We have 4 levels of danger-control. Green, Yellow, Orange (New this year) and Red.
    When we were on Tropicana, it was normal to have 1 or 2 staff on duty. Now we are at 3 or 4.
    We have a series of signals and code words that do NOT include any negitive names, like Tard, or any racial epitats.
    We have started giving a quick welcome-to-PHOF greeting that includes an exact 45 word eplanation of "The three simple rules for children" to any arriving group that includes kids.
    We have a rigid internal protocol of "tagging out", where any team member can take over if an attendant is getting angry. This acts as a "reset" and shows an out of control camper that we act not as one, but as a group.
    We are also NOT afraid of losing customers. The advantage of being a high-volume, low-priced attaction is that we do not depend on any one person or group for our our income, we can easily drop the bototm 5 percent of our customers and still pay our bills.
    We are also not afraid to stand up for what is ours. We took a picket outside our door during construction when we would not concede to very bad contract for drywall hangers. We have been sued several times and may be sued again in the future. We are mentally prepared for anything anybody can throw at us. Our lawers are on retainer and are THE BEST.
    I can not comment on the situation that made the news, as it has not yet been resolved.
    We continue to welcome the public 88 hours a week, 365 days a year with a happy smile and a positive attitude. Porange is still FAT AND HAPPY!

Keep up the good work! I'll be visiting as soon as I can can. Been to every location except this one. Don't let the Karen family and the "news" scam get you down.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

... the current and complete lunacy of America's mental majority state of mind ...

"Trouble! Oh we got TROUBLE!
    Right here in Sin City!
    With a capital "T" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for PINBALL!"

We've got trouble (resized).JPGWe've got trouble (resized).JPG

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

They should kick out fat people as well then, for that is also disgusting.

Please tell me this is just a bad comparison?

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

It isn't worth responding to.. just bad taste.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That could cost them.

They can probably find a lawyer to take the case on contingency. It looks like a low-merit claim with the potential for low damages (emotional distress over getting into a shouting match with the attendant? Please). But no lawyer wants this case to go to trial and to verdict. They really just want to shake down Tim's insurance company for a quick nuisance-value settlement.

#138 1 year ago

Maybe the owner asked the guy to do something to get his kid under control nicely and the dad got an attitude with the owner. I'd kick someone out of my place for being disrespectful to me no matter the reason. It's his arcade.

#139 1 year ago

I've written and deleted what I've typed 4 or 5 times now regarding what I think about this situation. I'll spare everyone my dissertation on the topic, and simply state that as a father of a child on the autism spectrum I think this dad is in the wrong. You don't have the right to demand that everyone accommodate your special needs. Frankly, you should be more concerned about your child's safety knowing his coping mechanisms and potentially self-harming behavior, and never even put him in such a situation.

Does this mean you might have to miss out on a few things in life? Yes, it certainly does. Maybe it means you have to look for creative solutions like taking turns going somewhere as parents without the child, finding a grandparent or other family member who is capable of watching your child for a couple of hours in his/her own home environment. It might even mean you hire an attendant to accompany you for a few hours on an outing. While you are still the parents, the attendant's job is to shadow the child at all times and to engage them constantly. My guess is the child is receiving some type of therapy, and it that case another option would be to see if the therapists would be willing to work with the child in outside environments once or twice a month.

#141 1 year ago

The father should really take his kid to Home Depot instead. They have concrete floors too, and lots of sharp / dangerous things to fall into. Home Depot would also make a better target for their lawsuit (since they have much deeper pockets and are probably more scared of negative publicity).

It's actually a pretty good scam, let your kid spin until he falls and gets hurt - then sue them for being unsafe. If they stop him before he gets hurt, then sue them for discrimination.

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

Tim thank you for that list. I forwarded to my team. And we thought our SOPs were elaborate. You have inspired us to go further, be better.

#143 1 year ago

Handled poorly on both sides. Looks like a draw to me.

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Tim thank you for that list. I forwarded to my team. And we thought our SOPs were elaborate. You have inspired us to go further, be better.

Don't forget to add "No smoking grass". 3DB66A58-27C3-4B8E-B629-4CCDA400A8BC (resized).jpeg3DB66A58-27C3-4B8E-B629-4CCDA400A8BC (resized).jpeg

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

They can probably find a lawyer to take the case on contingency.

That is what I posted.

If they counter sue, no lawyer will handle that on a contingency. Then you start shelling out money.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I thought this was the thread for judging people for no good reason. Sorry if I misunderstood based on the previous 102 posts doing exactly that.

It’s been fun hanging out with you all here on 4chan, but I’m expected back on planet Earth now.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

So this means we have broadcast-quality video of the incident available for release once it is resolved?

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

It's a private business that's open to the public..... PHOF isn't comfortable with something going on, they have every right to kick anyone out.
    People are sooooo entitled these days.
    In the old days, your kid was making a fuss: the PARENT would remove the child immediately and discipline them with a spanking and then take them home.
    These days we should be taking the parents outside and give THEM a spanking. They're worse than the little horrors they spawn.
    Spare the rod and spoil the child. A lot of "Autism" would end immediately with a good dose of corporal punishment. You didn't see this nonsense when I was growing up, and now it's magically everywhere. Must be the gluten in food right?

Dude, you're seriously fucked up!

#149 1 year ago

This thread has shown an ugly side to some pinsiders I wasn't familiar with. I guess as the group grows, all different types climb aboard. Amazing to me that people can be so ignorant.

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

I was actually talking about this thread specifically. Curious as to why you feel the need to imply the west is more empathetic than other parts of the world- especially as there’s almost zero evidence of that here - but I’ve got some guesses.
    Point being that empathy and intolerance on an individual level are in no way exclusive to a particular part of the world, and these sorts of generalizations actually speak to a misunderstanding of what empathy is and how it works.

Going through life adopting a utopian ideology mindset isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't an accurate reflection of the world we live in.

Speaking of intolerance levels, why not test out your equal global empathy theory with a real world application?

Head on over to Times Square, pick a topical social issue of your choosing and go on a filibuster. There will predictably be division from your audience between empathy with and resentment of your viewpoints yet despite that division you will still be tolerated and allowed to speak.

After that go to Tiananmen Square and try the same thing and see how that works out for you as a comparison.

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sad-to-see-yet-another-incident-at-the-phof-/page/3?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.