image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I found this on location.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 8 years ago

Looks like the one I saw in chicago

#3 8 years ago

That black sh$t has been known to perfectly preserve the playfield art. Novus 2 and a lot of elbow grease will do wonders on that mess.

#4 8 years ago

Yup...that's just modern day mylar.

#5 8 years ago

All the pins I see on locations often look like this. Reason why I rather play at home.

#6 8 years ago

When they look like that, that's when you find out the operator's contact info and offer to buy it. They're obviously unable to keep up with maintenance and may be willing to drop a machine or two from their route. And man, Stern machines really do clean up well.

#7 8 years ago

About what the RBION I got off location looked like. Would clean up rather nicely.

#8 8 years ago

Yep, this will clean up and look beautiful...buy it!

#9 8 years ago

I bought a HUO Sopranos that was completely black (the owners played the crap out of it but didnt even know the glass came off) It looked like a HUO game when I got done with it though. I used a Magic Eraser and Rubbing Alcohol.

#10 8 years ago

another sad machine...
image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

another sad machine...
image.jpg

Theres almost zero GI left in that thing!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Theres almost zero GI left in that thing!

That's not a problem--it's a feature!

#13 8 years ago

Buy it....The Dark Knight Rises!

#14 8 years ago

How does all... that... accumulate? Is it fine fragments off of all the black rubber? Or was the location a coalmine?

#15 8 years ago

I can post some before/after pictures that a local person in Dallas picked up a $2000 BDK for that was similar to this...

Actually, no, I'm not going to. I'll just be pissed off again that I missed the deal. :p

#16 8 years ago

This was the SPP I saw back in 2009 at Harvey's Lake Tahoe

IMG_1907.jpgIMG_1907.jpg
#17 8 years ago

I'd say its a combination of neglect, degrading black rubber, and solenoid dust. I've seen it a lot on routed games with black rubber installed.

Quoted from rollitover:

How does all... that... accumulate? Is it fine fragments off of all the black rubber? Or was the location a coalmine?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I've seen it a lot on routed games with black rubber installed.

I've seen a lot of new games with black rubber installed. If fact almost every game from the last 25 years. It is what they came with and what belongs on them.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've seen a lot of new games with black rubber installed. If fact almost every game from the last 20 years. It is what they came with and what belongs on them.

Not questioning that odin, just stating what I think it is. I've bought plenty of heavily routed games from the before black rubber days, and never ever did I see black tar-like crap on the playfields.

#20 8 years ago

Yeah, rubbers should be changed every once in a while. But at the same time coil dust can be as much responsible. How many people take apart all their solenoids and clean them out when they shop a machine?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How many people take apart all their solenoids and clean them out when they shop a machine?

Yes to that here. But then again when I shop one out I usually change coil sleeves anyway. Pinball is a great hobby for us OCD guys

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Pinball is a great hobby for us OCD guys

When I started out I was putting white rubbers on games that came with black originally. But after a while I started going with whatever the game came with from the factory and I found it then played like it originally did. I save all the white rubbers for my EMs.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I started out I was putting white rubbers on games that came with black originally. But after a while I started going with whatever the game came with from the factory and I found it then played like it originally did. I save all the white rubbers for my EMs.

Same here. All my old Ballys and System 11 games have white, All Sterns have original black. To be fair to the black rubber, the operator here is pretty much a "hands off" guy who never services his games. If he did clean once in a while, the playfields would be fine. So I guess the main reason is neglect

#24 8 years ago

Theres a local place that has 10+ machines. Most are early 90s (T2 BF F-14 etc) they are kept in top shape clean and all have bright LEDs. They look new and the place just expanded.

Also went to one of the Beercades in Chicago. Same thing. ALL machines were LED bright and super clean. Place was jamming.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, rubbers should be changed every once in a while. But at the same time coil dust can be as much responsible. How many people take apart all their solenoids and clean them out when they shop a machine?

If you arent doing that you arent shopping the game.

#26 8 years ago

well there was a MM that looked like that on location out by me and this was before the MMR was anounced

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I do I do

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sad-sad-dark-knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.