Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B37FF901-9A91-4345-8886-D031A52FAE1B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Marco (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russdx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

Doh thought we had escaped all this bullshit by leaving the EU but looks like our GOV has fecked us here. Pinball parts are hard enough to get hold of over hear and always with a markup to cover importing fees and now we can’t even get them??

#11 3 years ago

This whole trade war / import tax crap is getting beyond a joke, literally gonna be pinball smuggling rings soon.

#34 3 years ago

What work is now involved states side? The store has to detect U.K. buyers and automatically charge the 20% vat? Then you have to sign up for a VAT number and do some sort or yearly VAT return to HMRC directly? (like a VAT registered company in the U.K. would do)

1 week later
    #60 3 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

In a nutshell -- this is what I have gotten from my shipping software provider:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Effective Jan 1, 2021, value added tax (VAT) must be collected for all goods entering the United Kingdom (UK). 
    There will be a 20% VAT rate on goods valued up to £135 (about $180 USD), which you must collect unless your online marketplace (e.g. eBay, Amazon, Etsy, etc.) is already collecting it. Current procedures for goods valued over £135 remain the same. 
    To prevent your UK shipments from being delayed, held, or returned by UK customs in 2021, please take the following steps:  
    1. Register for a VAT number with the UK:  https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration  
    2. Collect VAT at the time of purchase.  
    3. Make quarterly VAT return payments to the UK. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not part of an online marketplace so it would be up to me to collect the VAT.
    Several people on my website developer's forum (my website is from UK) are agreeing with this simplified set of instructions. They are modifying the source code to allow collection of VAT up to £135 (currently it is VAT or no VAT with no cutoff threshold).
    Fortunately, there are no taxes collected/paid on any orders other than what I ship locally within Nebraska.
    With two full time jobs - I barely have time for the annual Nebraska taxes and I know I won't have time to process UK taxes.
    So at this time, I'm in a holding pattern waiting for this to either get simplified (e.g. external service) or just go away.

But over £135 is ok? So we need to just place larger orders or group then together?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russdx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sad-day-for-our-uk-customers-?tu=russdx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.