(Topic ID: 49582)

Sacrificing Pin X to get Pin Y --- What was your favorite switch?

By altan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

044.JPG
    100_0117.JPG
    image.jpeg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Sometimes, in order to get a new pin, you must sacrifice and old one. Sad but true. There are many reasons for this, such as available cash, no more space, etc.

I'm wondering what people consider their best "I sacrificed X to get Y" switch?

I'm likely to sacrifice a STTNG to get a TZ. I think I'll be happy, but only time will tell. While not 100% pin related, I did sacrifice a DE Star Wars to get an Atari Star Wars (vector vid). I am 100% happy with that.

Which sacrifice are you most happy with?

... Altan

#2 10 years ago

Monopoly for an ACDC.

Talk about trading up!

#3 10 years ago

I sacrificed tftc to help fund a lotr...good decision. Recently sacrificed my tz to help fund a deck. Was sad but I'm close to finishing my deck!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

Monopoly for an ACDC.
    Talk about trading up!

Go blue!

#5 10 years ago

10 years ago I traded my Hurricane for a BSD. Still my #1 trade after all these years.

#6 10 years ago

I traded my BK2K for a BSD..... I wasn't sure about the trade at first but now know I made out. I've seen the light with Dracula!

#7 10 years ago

1) Stargate for JM

2) JD + Cash for STTNG (Even though I liked JD and wouldn't mind getting another some day)

3) LOTR for WCS & HS2 + Cash.

#8 10 years ago

1. Sopranos to buy AC/DC Premium
    2. JM to buy CV
    3. TSPP to buy AFM

#9 10 years ago

No Fear + patent award $ = Iron Man. OP knows what I'm talking about.

#10 10 years ago

Also sold my WH2O to buy a nice Fathom. No regrets at all...

#11 10 years ago

Just sold my Black Knight and getting a Taxi.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Just sold my Black Knight and getting a Taxi.

Now that is very practical. Taxi is way more fun.

#13 10 years ago

STTNG for TFTC and SG.
    I also traded TSPP and RFM for XMLE.

I liked both trades and was ready to shake it up anyways. All mentioned are fun games I am just glad to be in a position to own some of them.

#14 10 years ago

Let go of Pinball 2000 STAR WARS Episode I + cash for X-Men Wolverine#17 L.E. I over paid or under traded. But I really like the game play on X-Men.

image.jpegimage.jpeg 100_0117.JPG100_0117.JPG

#15 10 years ago

CFTBL for STTNG, which then turned into SS. Didn't plan on the SS trade but it kinda fell into my lap and as a straight trade. I miss my other two machines and am actively searching out a CFTBL now.

#16 10 years ago

Favorite trade: My Airborne for Pistol Poker. Loved Airborne, but at the time, I had been looking for a PP for years, and the deal netted me an example that looks HUO. PP is a great game and it gets a ton of plays here.

Best non-trade sacrifice: Sold my beloved BSD to help fund my Io Moon from overseas. BSD was my first machine. I had it for almost 8 years and it was beautiful. It was hard to see it go, but it helped me buy an incredibly rare game that was even nicer.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

10 years ago I traded my Hurricane for a BSD. Still my #1 trade after all these years.

Similar for me - 15 years ago I gave my local distributor my Hurricane + cash for a NIB MB. My one and only 'trade' ...

#18 10 years ago

Star Wars EP1 and Revenge from Mars for a NIB AC/DC Premium.

#19 10 years ago

DE SW plus cash for LOTR. I never looked back.

#20 10 years ago

1. ToM for: HS2, FH, Quick Draw
    2. HS2 + $1500 for TSPP

#21 10 years ago

MOUSIN AROUND for a super clean ROYAL RUMBLE! The MA was an opportunistic score from a garage sale & in spite of being in great condition, it was never on my wish list - WWF was!

#22 10 years ago

Sold POTC and BSD to get a really nice SS.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from RandyV:

Similar for me - 15 years ago I gave my local distributor my Hurricane + cash for a NIB MB. My one and only 'trade' ...

Now that's a good trade. I would love to open up a NIB B/W game someday. Though not many left I'm afraid. Still have the MB?

#24 10 years ago

BF + Cash for SM. Probably my favorite switch.
    Getaway for Shadow.
    TAF + Goldwings for XMLE.
    IJ + KISS + Cash for LTBR.

#25 10 years ago

An F-lister for an A-lister!

#26 10 years ago

A couple years ago, a friend was looking to get some older classic Williams games. I was looking to get a SM...We worked a trade, I traded him my fully restored Firepower, Jungle Lord, Blackout, and Scorpion for his early 2007 run SM. He got his classics and I got my Spidey, and we can both still play them just at each others houses!!
    Just recently, (last year at PAPA) I played a Fathom, and thought I might try to find 1. October rolls around, (or maybe Nov.) I see a WTT post I messaged him, he has a Fathom (torn down for restore so it is in pieces) with a CPR PF (not installed) extra sets of plastics etc. and he wants a WW for his daughter for Christmas, it is her favorite game. We work a trade and he came and got my WW and brought me his Fathom. He posted a video of his daughter "finding it under the tree" from Santa on here back in Dec. Those are the 2 memorable trades for me!!

Phoebe

#28 10 years ago

Wish there was a multi-quote...

>>> Monopoly for an ACDC.
    Wow!

>>> An F-lister for an A-lister!
    Great but too vague

>>> DE SW plus cash for LOTR
    Agreed! I had a DE SW and solid it for nothing 2 years ago (relative to the $$$ it gets today). But it's a stinker, IMHO.

>>> Also sold my WH2O to buy a nice Fathom. No regrets at all...
    I don't agree with that one (I like WH20), but that what allows us to have buyers and sellers!

... Altan

#29 10 years ago

Traded my Who Dunnit for a TFTC. TFTC is in a little worse shape but I feel like I got the better end of the trade,I hated Who Dunnit

#30 10 years ago

LOTR for an X-Men Magneto. I don't regret it one bit. Still in the honeymoon phase, but it's exactly the change of pace I was looking for after owning LOTR. I think a game that takes 45+ minutes just isn't my kind of game.

#31 10 years ago

I traded both an IM and an Avatar LE straight up for a Tron LE. Never looked back.

#32 10 years ago

In a round about way:

Stargate for Starship Troopers.
    Funhouse for Batman Forever
    And DE Simpsons (+cash) for EATPM.

I'm replacing titles I was 'meh' on for pins more in my style.

#33 10 years ago

TFTC for Mystery Castle.
    Sold CV to get MB.

#34 10 years ago

Sold Jurassic Park and a bunch of vids to fund a Big Bang Bar when it was announced.

#35 10 years ago

Just this month at Atlanta Pin Swap -

NBA Fast Break +$400 =

South Park!

#36 10 years ago

Got rid of MM and scored a nice BK2K, with cash leftover!

#37 10 years ago

Also -

Creature + $800 =

Scared Stiff =

Twilight Zone.

Kinda like Barter Kings!

#38 10 years ago

I traded a TSPP for a TOM

then the TOM + cash for a MB

I was happy with both trades

#39 10 years ago

Strikes and Spares to get Atlantis.

#40 10 years ago

-Sold my TOTAN to buy a Congo
    -Sold my TMNT to buy a JP
    -Traded my JP for a JM + Cash
    -Sold my JM to buy a Godzilla
    -Sold my TFTC to fund a CFTBL

#41 10 years ago

Sold SMBMW to get SOF. Both were bought and sold for the same price. SOF is one of my top 15 games and love it. SMBMW was more for the kid but she outgrew it. She's 8 now and enjoys AC/DC more.

#44 10 years ago

HUO TSPP for HUO IM

I really enjoy Iron Man

#45 10 years ago

I'm waiting for someone to come in with something like this:

Traded a paperclip for a bouncy ball
    Traded the bouncy ball for some blank cassette tapes
    ... (100 lines later) ...
    Traded the color laser printer for a Road Kings

#46 10 years ago

This was my favorite so far.

044.JPG044.JPG

#47 10 years ago

Got REAL lucky with these two...
    SBM & CP for a really nice TOM (had $1,400 into SBM & CP)
    WH2O for HUO SS (bought WH2O for $1,500 3 years ago)

Don't miss any of the 3, but love TOM & SS.

Also sold IJ to make room for TOTAN but decided to fund ECLEWOZ (extra $300)

#48 10 years ago

XMEN LE for ACDC Premium
    TZ for Metallica LE
    Whitewater for Iron Man

#49 10 years ago

Sold ToM which set me up to get MM. This all about 10 years ago.

Mike O.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sacrificing-pin-x-to-get-pin-y-what-was-your-favorite-switch/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.