Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4816.JPG
    IMG_4844.JPG
    IMG_4832.JPG
    IMG_4837.JPG
    IMG_4839.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4836.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4825.JPG
    IMG_4822.JPG
    IMG_4823.JPG
    510a.jpg
    t2_1.JPG
    IMG_4818.JPG
    IMG_20130503_140758.jpg
    IMG_20130503_140748.jpg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

thinking about going tomorrow...couldnt get away from work to go today...who wants my EATPM?

Haha...wow dude....you could of had it sold to me...no haggle on your price and cash in hand....buuuuut I'm already in on another pin. So now you might be going to sell it....waited too long! Ah well....live and learn as the say!

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Haha...wow dude....you could of had it sold to me...no haggle on your price and cash in hand....buuuuut I'm already in on another pin. So now you might be going to sell it....waited too long! Ah well....live and learn as the say!

What did you end up picking up?

I had a good time, sold my SOF for fair amount and came home with a good deal on a JM.
    Meet a lot of nice people this weekend as well. Wish I could go tomorrow, but already have plans. Look forward to doing it again next. Maybe even York this year if I can swing it.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

What did you end up picking up?
    I had a good time, sold my SOF for fair amount and came home with a good deal on a JM.
    Meet a lot of nice people this weekend as well. Wish I could go tomorrow, but already have plans. Look forward to doing it again next. Maybe even York this year if I can swing it.

I didn't....will be there all day tomorrow though and should have a deal done early in the AM. JM is a good pick up...congrats!

Is there WIFI anywhere in the area??

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

thinking about going tomorrow...couldnt get away from work to go today...who wants my EATPM?

How much?

#55 10 years ago

Going home with two pins. A great day!

#56 10 years ago

Lord of the rings le lightly routed sold for $7k in 30 min.

#57 10 years ago

Well, so far it's been 2500,2400,2200 and last posting was 2300 it actually went up in price, one sold there today for 2000 but I think it was in better shape than yours based on the pics you posted on pinside.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I didn't....will be there all day tomorrow though and should have a deal done early in the AM. JM is a good pick up...congrats!
    Is there WIFI anywhere in the area??

I have a wifi access point at my booth you can jump on if you need too.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have a wifi access point at my booth you can jump on if you need too.

Sweet thanks!

#60 10 years ago

I got home a little while ago. It was a long and fun day. I arrived around 11, and stayed until about 8. I played in my first tournament, and met my goal of not coming in last. It was good for me to see other players and since it was limited to non-DMD machines I played a variety of machines I might not have otherwise. I managed to pick up a few needed parts for my custom pin in the flea market. (power supply, coin door, driver boards, and lockdown bar).From the retail vendors I picked up a Stern shirt and a copy of Pinball Magazine.

It was nice to finally check out an Avengers LE, both the blue and green LEs at the Marco booth were nicely dialed in compared to the pro model I played a few weeks ago. The AC/DC in the pinovators booth was fantastic. I played 2 games of WOZ, it is impressive for what the team has accomplished. I am looking forward to see what they do with the hobbit. The variety of machines was very diverse, A-list DMD games down to EM. Most machines were playable, a few had issues and were taken care of. I didn't see too many games leaving early.

I didn't make it last year, but I have to say this years show was better than the last 3 that I have been too. Thanks to everyone who had a part in making it happen.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from sp005:

and a copy of Pinball Magazine.

Crap, I ment to get me a copy and forgot.

#62 10 years ago

How much did SoF go for?

#63 10 years ago

Why didn't that NGG sell that was listed at $3100. Seemed odd to me nobody bought it all day at the price pt. I almost bought it but held back. Had some weird side rail damage like it was run in to or dropped. Also the cab was maybe faded? The blue seemed off. Played nice though.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Had to run to the farmers market.

This food is amazing! Be sure to walk across the street and get some wicked grinds. Don't waste your money on the crap they sell inside pinfest. You won't be sorry!

#65 10 years ago

And why oh why do you ask for a really high price for some machines and leave them with a credit dot, or dirty as hell, or lights out. At least make it worth what you're asking. How people don't dial in their machines is beyond me. Weak flippers, stuck flippers, etc. and don't tell me it just happened, this was when the show just opened.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

Why didn't that NGG sell that was listed at $3100. Seemed odd to me nobody bought it all day at the price pt. I almost bought it but held back. Had some weird side rail damage like it was run in to or dropped. Also the cab was maybe faded? The blue seemed off. Played nice though.

I sold mine there for 2800 and I agree, this one was better than mine. It has a better Cab, LEDs, play field...weird?

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from MAJRob:

This food is amazing! Be sure to walk across the street and get some wicked grinds. Don't waste your money on the crap they sell inside pinfest. You won't be sorry!

If you want the cheesesteak pretzel wrap don't wait until 30 minutes before they close like I did when they are sold out. My only regret of the day, they looked so good.

#68 10 years ago

Stop by Central PA Pinball CLub and say hi! Were next to the great Cointaker!

IMG_4818.JPGIMG_4818.JPG

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from sp005:

If you want the cheesesteak pretzel wrap don't wait until 30 minutes before they close like I did when they are sold out. My only regret of the day, they looked so good.

That is exactly what I had. Not to rub it in, but it was killer. Thanks to ScottC for showing me the way

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Well, so far it's been 2500,2400,2200 and last posting was 2300 it actually went up in price, one sold there today for 2000 but I think it was in better shape than yours based on the pics you posted on pinside.

I don't own one but I want to buy one

#72 10 years ago

I think I'll bring my BIG T2 Topper Thingy (with glowing red eyes) to sell at the Show! Just remembered! It's big and cool....if yer interested...find me.
    Shipping was always a problem though...good to be able to pick up in person...t2_1.JPGt2_1.JPG

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

How much did SoF go for?

$1100

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I think I'll bring my BIG T2 Topper Thingy (with glowing red eyes) to sell at the Show! Just remembered! It's big and cool....if yer interested...find me.
    Shipping was always a problem though...good to be able to pick up in person...

Bring it and put it in the booth with a sign. It will sell.

#75 10 years ago

Thought my skull was going to explode when I came across these two EMs for sale side by side

510a.jpg510a.jpg

#76 10 years ago

Team One...Rethemed Abra-Ca-Dabra. I see the Abra. Both of those games look nice!

#77 10 years ago

I played a real nice Team 1 that was set up

#78 10 years ago

I have the following there fs

Big buck hunter. 3,600
    Road kings. 650
    NASCAR. 2000. (Different one today than the one setup yesterday). 2,000
    Pinbot. 750

Feel free to drop me a line or stop by. I'll be there till 10:30am and back this afternoon till close

#79 10 years ago

Eric swing past my booth. i may be interested in pinbot

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Eric swing past my booth. i may be interested in pinbot

Are you the one that snatched up the Pinbot playfield from CPR?

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

And why oh why do you ask for a really high price for some machines and leave them with a credit dot, or dirty as hell, or lights out. At least make it worth what you're asking. How people don't dial in their machines is beyond me. Weak flippers, stuck flippers, etc. and don't tell me it just happened, this was when the show just opened.

Wow - yes, I've never understood this........these are PINBALL FANS, people want to come and play machines that are set up nicely, don't tilt to the side, have working parts! A huge amount of people have machines at home, imagine feeling like you'd rather be home playing instead of at a show with poorly set up machines...............the great conundrum of pinball shows continues I see..........

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Wow - yes, I've never understood this........these are PINBALL FANS, people want to come and play machines that are set up nicely, don't tilt to the side, have working parts! A huge amount of people have machines at home, imagine feeling like you'd rather be home playing instead of at a show with poorly set up machines...............the great conundrum of pinball shows continues I see..........

I know there are some people that bring a game to get in show for free!! They don't care if it sells or not.

#83 10 years ago

Quick stop at the bank for some cash and i'll be on my way! This will be my 3rd pinfest!

#84 10 years ago

I am wearing a bret the hitman heart shirt

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Bring it and put it in the booth with a sign. It will sell.

THANKS Alex!! I'll be there soooon!

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

I am wearing a bret the hitman heart shirt

I saw that bright pink shirt. Go Hitman.

#87 10 years ago

Thanks man! Lots of great games, very good show!!!!

#88 10 years ago

I went yesterday, noon to closing. My 2nd pinfest. Went to one about 10 years ago on the last day and knew nothing. A little better around this time. There is a picture of me someone posted playing 21, man my butt looks big.
    I played machines I only read about. Didn't play WOZ, i refuse to stand in a line with so many machines around. On 2nd thought, maybe I should ahve played it. I looked at it though, amazing detail. From ruby slipper flippers to emerald city. Not worth 7 grand in my opinion though. No Pin is unless its got an engine and I can drive it to work. Someone snagged Dr Who before I got there. I bought big guns at what I thought was a good price. Very clean. Loved NGG and 21. Also stargate was incredible, dracula, and batman. Love the simpsons. nuclear power bumpers are the funniest on any machine. Deeply disappointed by gilligans island and transformers. Loved big game hunter, funhouse, and a dozen others. I stayed away from ems. Not with so many DMDs around. A little sparse on solid sates though. EM or DMD. Pins were comming and going out the door. For every one that went, another replaced it. Had the chilli dog at show, should have gone out.

#89 10 years ago

met marco, bought leds from cointaker. nice to see them set up so you can compare. I saw virtual machines set up, i refused to play them. Seemed like a lot of people did play them though. Some owners dropped off machine with a note on it how much and what number to call, while others hovered around their machines, cleaned them, serviced them, and answered any questions. You could tell those that took great care of their machines. I overheard, "hope I could go home without it" a lot and am pretty sure there are deals galore today. They said a ton of deals were made thursday night. Every one I met was friendly. I saw a guy in a larry fine t shirt and spoke with him a few minutes. Super nice guy. The 3 stooges convention is today and tomorrow by the way. I saw a 3 stooges pinball machine in the 3 stooges museum, the stoogeum, last year. I checked internet database and its not listed. When I asked him about it, he said its a one of a kind. Someone remade a dolly parton to the stooges theme. I hope to post some pictures of it one day. I can't wait for next year.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

Are you the one that snatched up the Pinbot playfield from CPR?

Lol no. Someone did? Haha

#91 10 years ago

Set up your machine right. Have it re-rubbered,shopped, waxed and ready to go. Have it balanced and pitched right for optimum play. Put a new ball in it. Bring a machine you are proud of. No one wants to play a POS brought to the festival just so you can get in for free.

*and most importantly....no one likes a game with weak flippers. If you wouldn't play it yourself then why bring it to piss everyone off?

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol no. Someone did? Haha

Yep, its was a Bronze with all the "bad parts" in hidden areas. Was discounted to $559.

Love your powdercoated stuff. May have to hit you up later for some work.

#93 10 years ago

Did anyone buy the $3100 NGG? Still beating myself up over it.

#94 10 years ago

I do not think it sold but who knows.....

#96 10 years ago

It didn't. It was there at the end.

#97 10 years ago

It did not sell. It played great too.

#98 10 years ago

Uggghh

#99 10 years ago

Yeah, I liked it, too, and thought it would sell.

#100 10 years ago

Does anybody have a video of the show?

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/s-h-o-w-t-i-m-e-pinfest-2013/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.