Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00652 (resized).JPG
    bsn (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

I've been eying this for a while. Cheapest I've ever seen it. Doesn't come with a battery, but DTO is offering lots of good Ryobi deals for Father's Day Weekend. As for DTO, factory blem will be indistinguishable from new, but refurbed is a crapshoot. These are factory blem.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/P3100

Also, these can use Hakko tips.

#2 1 year ago

Never thought there would be a need for a battery powered station…. Interesting.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Never thought there would be a need for a battery powered station…. Interesting.

For pinball it's more of a want, but I've had need to solder in a car a few times. Extension cords are a pain in the ass.

#4 1 year ago

If you're only interested in soldering wires at a machine then consider the P3105. I bought one recently to avoid having to bring my FX-888D around. I should've bought one of these a LONG time ago. I hate having to bring my FX-888D. That's a PITA. I brought the P3105 to the recent Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show for onsite repairs and it turned out very handy indeed.

If you intend use the temperature controlled aspect of the P3100 I wouldn't bother with it. Get a proper station. That's my $0.02 opinion.

#5 1 year ago

I have the Milwaukee m12 solder iron. All I can say is that is is amazing having an iron on battery, almost instant hot, in the home or on route. Soooo handy

#6 1 year ago

Weller P2KC butane iron is my go to when temperature control isn't an issue.

#7 1 year ago

I need temp control because I solder all kinds of shi*. Picked it up today. It looks brand spanking new. $93+ at HD brand new or $27 at DTO factory blem? I'll take factory blem. Thank you!

bsn (resized).JPGbsn (resized).JPG

#8 1 year ago

Oh snaps I didn’t realize the ryobi had temp control on the station. Nice!

#9 1 year ago

You get what you pay for with Ryobi. It does the job, just don’t expect much. Here a review I watch on it awhile ago

#10 1 year ago

I don't think this unit comes with a battery. That is why it is selling so cheap. It is a HYBRID unit, which means it will work on regular plug-in power OR one of their ONE+ batteries, but when I looked at the list of what comes with it... no battery! So its a deal if you have a Ryobi ONE+ power-tool *and* its battery sitting on your bench already!

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I don't think this unit comes with a battery. That is why it is selling so cheap. It is a HYBRID unit, which means it will work on regular plug-in power OR one of their ONE+ batteries, but when I looked at the list of what comes with it... no battery! So its a deal if you have a Ryobi ONE+ power-tool *and* its battery sitting on your bench already!

It's $28. Yeah, you aren't getting a battery with it for $28. There are always deals on Ryobi 18V stuff, including batteries. Ryobi 18V will be around forever. That Weller Butane Iron is pretty damn cool though!

1 week later
    #12 1 year ago

This came today. Snaps on a Milwaukee M18 battery. Which I already have a couple of.

There are times I thought it would come in handy.

LTG : )

DSC00652 (resized).JPGDSC00652 (resized).JPG
    #13 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This came today. Snaps on a Milwaukee M18 battery. Which I already have a couple of.
    There are times I thought it would come in handy.
    [quoted image]

I could use one of those too. I've seen a few of them out there, but I think they're all based on the same hardware. Could you give us a review once you get a chance to use it?

#14 1 year ago

My Ryobi came today. Was $47 with tax and shipping. Gets hot quick using the 18v battery.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You get what you pay for with Ryobi. It does the job, just don’t expect much. Here a review I watch on it awhile ago

Ouch that review was painful to watch even fast forwarding through it. So does that guy actually use the thing or not? How long does it get out of a battery? How well does it work compared to any other irons? How was temp control? I could give a rats ass how its built. Does it get the job done or not?

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Could you give us a review once you get a chance to use it?

It works. I'm happy with it.

I got it off Etsy. Here is a video on how to make one and links for parts.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It works. I'm happy with it.
    I got it off Etsy. Here is a video on how to make one and links for parts.

That's pretty cool! I bet I could hack a screen and soldering iron connection onto my Ryobi if I ever wanted to. The PVC cable does kinda suck on it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryobi-one-18v-hybrid-soldering-station-2799?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.