(Topic ID: 323219)

Ryan Claytor's New Interactive Art Book

By RyanClaytor

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kickstarterPromo00b (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo04c (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo04b (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo04a (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo03c (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo03b (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo03a (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo02c (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo02a (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo02b (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo01b (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo01a (resized).jpg
    kickstarterPromo00a (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Hi Pinsiders,

You might know me as 1/2 of Coin-Op Carnival. Well, I'm releasing my next book in just a couple days.

kickstarterPromo00a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo00a (resized).jpg

It's an interactive art book which I've illustrated and YOU can COLOR! Each drawing started with an illustration in a corner of my sketchbook...

kickstarterPromo01a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo01a (resized).jpg

...and was eventually mirrored and duplicated into a larger composition:

kickstarterPromo01b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo01b (resized).jpg

After a successful and exhausting campaign at the start of this year, I was looking around for a relaxing way to get my drawing hand moving again. These mirror drawings provided a restorative outlet of self-care I needed, and I hope they'll do the same for you, as I'm having them printed on uncoated paper stock so that YOU can COLOR them!

Here are some more examples:

kickstarterPromo02a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo02a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo02b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo02b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo02c (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo02c (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo03a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo03a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo03b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo03b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo03c (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo03c (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo04a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo04a (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo04b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo04b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo04c (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo04c (resized).jpg

Each spread of the book shows the completed and mirrored illustration paired with a photograph of the original sketch so you can see the surprising ways the images tile together. Regardless of whether you choose to color the pages or simply browse the illustrations and allow their odd qualities to wash over you, I hope it provides a similarly restful experience for you that it did for me.

The Mirror Drawings campaign page goes live in a couple days and I'd love to share this book with you. If you're interested in sharing this with folks, you can simply direct them to:

www.MirrorDrawings.com

Thanks for your interest and support of my work.

Take care,
    Ryan Claytor

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

www.MirrorDrawings.com

Today's the day, my friends! www.MirrorDrawings.com to join the fun!

kickstarterPromo00b (resized).jpgkickstarterPromo00b (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

As usual, very nice artwork Ryan!

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

As usual, very nice artwork Ryan!

Thanks so much for your kind words Garrett !! I really appreciate that.

1 month later
    #5 1 year ago

Your pinside t-shirt came up in another thread, so I thought I’d search your stuff and found this thread.

Just here to bump it up.

Great work, same as usual. I enjoyed looking at the finished work and trying to figure out where the mirror spot was. Things like the rocket ship were easy, but it took me a second for the pumpkins. Very creative.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Your pinside t-shirt came up in another thread, so I thought I’d search your stuff and found this thread.
    Just here to bump it up.
    Great work, same as usual. I enjoyed looking at the finished work and trying to figure out where the mirror spot was. Things like the rocket ship were easy, but it took me a second for the pumpkins. Very creative.

Ha-ha! Thanks for your kind words here, Luckydogg420 ! Really appreciate it.

While the launch campaign is over, the book can now be purchased at the same address:

http://www.MirrorDrawings.com

Hope this helps,
    Ryan

#7 1 year ago

My book just came in yesterday. It's really cool in terms of both art and styling. Perfect coffee table book to bide the time waiting for the next Coin-Op Carnival

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

My book just came in yesterday. It's really cool in terms of both art and styling. Perfect coffee table book to bide the time waiting for the next Coin-Op Carnival

Ha-ha! Thanks, tamoore ! I appreciate your kind words about Mirror Drawings and patience with the follow-up issue of Coin-Op Carnival!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-s-new-interactive-art-book and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.