(Topic ID: 308961)

Ryan Claytor's New Comic Book

By RyanClaytor

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04DB16F3-CA93-433E-9A4F-FEFB3E532C67 (resized).jpeg
    20220128_164601 (resized).jpg
    AHT04colors0600 (resized).jpg
    AHT02colors0600 (resized).jpg
    AHT03colors0600 (resized).jpg
    AHT01colors0600 (resized).jpg
    3days (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

You might know me as 1/2 of Coin-Op Carnival. Well, I'm releasing my next comic that has nothing to do with pinball. Ha-ha! ...and there's just a few more days to jump in on the Kickstarter:

3days (resized).jpg3days (resized).jpg

It's a poem about empathy written by my late grandfather almost 40 years ago which I've adapted to comic book form. Here are the first few pages just to give you a taste...

AHT01colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT01colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT02colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT02colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT03colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT03colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT04colors0600 (resized).jpgAHT04colors0600 (resized).jpg

You can see the next 4 pages on the campaign page. The book will be a 32-pages, full-color throughout, and offset-printed (professionally printed). ...and it's already fully-funded, which means IT IS GOING TO PRINT!!!

...but...

1. I'd like to get my grandfather's work in as many hands as possible.
    AND
    2. You'll won't be able to purchase the book this cheap from me after the campaign.

All that to say, I'd love to share this work with you. Thanks for your interest and support of my past pinball work. Here's a direct link for interested folks:

www.aHuntersTale.com

See ya there,
    Ryan Claytor

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Hey Ryan, as the other 1/2 of Coin-Op Carnival, I'm looking forward to your latest work, and have backed it.
    Ryan has an excellent track record of delivering his self-published work (even if I'm not doing the fulfillment on this one ). Back with confidence!

Ha-ha! Thanks, Nick. It's not easy for me to hand-off self-publishing duties, but you've been a dream to work with, my friend. ...so, uh...do you feel like shipping another several hundred books for me next month?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from cartert:

I still have your PATZ #35 poster. Am glad your still around

TODD!!!!

Always great to hear from you! Thanks for chimin' in here. Hope we can catch up at some point.

Sincerely,
    Ryan

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I think my last Hunter's Tale likely had a different outcome.
    Love your stuff and can't wait for mine to get here.
    Kickstarter just said 410% funded, which seems like a good thing.
    [quoted image]

Yeah, I've been pretty overwhelmed by the turnout. Thanks for your support, RCA1

#9 2 years ago

UPDATE: While the campaign for the book has wrapped (successfully!!!), you can still place pre-orders for the books (which are currently being printed) on my website, here:

http://elephanteater.com/comics#aht

Quoted from cait001:

woah this looks amazing! congratulations

Thanks so much for your interest, cait001

1 month later
    #11 2 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Received mine in the mail today.
    What an absolutely awesome project.
    Great job Ryan!!
    [quoted image]

So glad everything arrived safely! Thanks for the awesome shot of everything and the confirmation of arrival! Hope you enjoy it.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Love the book!
    Thanks for extras you packed in.
    The bookmark will definitely be used and it's all appreciated.
    Also, your packaging is over the top great. It could have survived the Titanic. Contents are in perfect mint condition.

Ha-ha! Thanks so much for chiming in here RCA1 . Glad it was well received and that you enjoyed the book! Thank you for your help bringing it to print!

Much appreciated,
    Ryan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-s-new-comic-book?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.