(Topic ID: 219688)

Ryan Claytor Original Artwork Auction to Benefit The Ali Forney Center

By RyanClaytor

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh.gif
    the-21-best-plates-of-pancakes-in-america.gif
    35973217_10107680049825389_3966662383895576576_o (resized).jpg
    B200F20F-C46C-4C35-8653-272F4D4ED611.jpeg
    mindsplosion.gif
    ryan (resized).png
    meanQueen (resized).jpg
    AliForneyCenterLogo (resized).jpg
    PinsideClaytorTshirtMock (resized).jpg
    TPP100ColorMock (resized).jpg
    ClaytorStern30ShirtMock (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi Pinside,

My name is Ryan Claytor. I’m a university professor, a comics artist, and a pinball enthusiast. I recently discovered a pinball tournament happening this weekend that I think is pretty important. It’s called the Mean Queen pinball tournament:

meanQueen (resized).jpgmeanQueen (resized).jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/182596592400523/

This is an LGBTQ focused tournament that is raising money to benefit the Ali Forney Center, an organization helping at-risk, homeless, LGBTQ youth in New York City.

AliForneyCenterLogo (resized).jpgAliForneyCenterLogo (resized).jpg

While I’m not able to attend the tournament, I feel strongly about there being greater representation for all people in pinball and would like to contribute in some way.

To that end, I’m going to auction off a piece of my original, hand-drawn, pinball artwork. Here are a few images I’ve drawn for various companies, events, and podcasts:

ClaytorStern30ShirtMock (resized).jpgClaytorStern30ShirtMock (resized).jpg
    TPP100ColorMock (resized).jpgTPP100ColorMock (resized).jpg
    PinsideClaytorTshirtMock (resized).jpgPinsideClaytorTshirtMock (resized).jpg

...here is a page featuring more of my pinball artwork:

www.ElephantEater.com/10761

...and here’s a quick video showing all the pieces I have available for you to choose from:

Here’s how it’ll work; simply place your bid as a comment in this thread. The highest bidder in this thread will get their choice of any piece of original art shown in the video above. You’ll send your money directly to Michael Raisler (Mean Queen Tournament Director) and once I receive confirmation that your payment has been received, I’ll personally mail the artwork directly to you. The bidding period will last from now until the end of Pride Month (end of June 2018).

Thanks for your time and happy bidding!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor

UPDATE: With the rapid escalation of bidding, I've been getting requests for how one can make a donation outside of this auction. Michael has made it really easy:

https://www.paypal.me/MeanQueenPinball

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Awesome stuff, Ryan!

Your community-minded co-host tipped me off. I should be thanking her.

P.S. I know you want to bid on that 100th episode artwork, Mr. 1/2 The Pinball Podcast! Make it happen, Jeffrey!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Shall we start the bidding off at $100? This is an incredible opportunity to own some of Ryan's amazing artwork, and a great way to support at-risk kids. Love it!
    $100

Thanks for the kind words, and the generous starting bid, Nick.

Quoted from callmesteam:

$120! Great idea, ryanclaytor!

Hey, it's not "No-buy JU-ly" yet, right? Thanks, Don!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Ryan,
    Please tell me that you were wearing pants during your video shoot. Please.

A gentleman never tells.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Once again, Mr. Claytor proves himself to be one of the shiniest gold stars of Pinside.
    I can't top $350 buddy but congrats and you sir, are AWESOME.

I don't know about this shiny business. As Sir Scott revealed, I'm not exactly the shaving type.

#23 5 years ago

I've been receiving a number of emails that go like this, "I want to help this cause, but I can't $351 dollars help."

Now you can contribute any amount you are comfortable:

Thanks to all who have posted here, messaged me, and contributed. This says a lot about our fine community.

P.S. Updated original post with this info.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ryan- You have that whole folio...You only selling one piece?

One of these pieces is going up for auction right now. I sell the rest at various conventions or whenever. I would be happy to do that again once the auction is over at the end of the month. I've put a freeze on selling these for the time being, just so the winning bidder isn't surprised by one of them missing when they go to choose.

#29 5 years ago

mindsplosion.gifmindsplosion.gif

...dumbfounded. Thank you.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coconut_punk:

Here’s a shot of our emcee Whendy Whaxwood on twilight zone at yesterday’s event!! -Michael

Quoted from Coconut_punk:

Also if you're curious about the results of our tournament...

Michael, thanks so much for updating us here on the auction thread. I so wish I could have attended. Looks like an amazing time was had by all. Thank you for putting on this important event.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

S I X H U N D R E D D O L L H A I R S

Uhm...my land. Every time I think this auction is over...Ha-ha!

Thank you, to everyone who has bid thus far, for your kindness. Can't wait to hand some cash to The Ali Forney Center at the end of the week...however much that happens to be!

Also...

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Slurpin’ the Amber Dragon!

oh.gifoh.gif

#39 5 years ago

Only a few days left, Artman...don't leave us hangin'!

#40 5 years ago

Just to make the ending time a little more official, let's say 11:59pm EST ( for MapleSyrup ) / 10:59pm CST ( for ARTMAN ) on June 30th. ...and of course anyone is still welcome to join in the fun.

My sincere thanks for your generosity!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

tonight is the deadline

Actually, tomorrow night is the deadline. Today is the 29th.

Quoted from blondetall:

I will say that everything I've gotten from Ryan is super cool, so whoever wins will get something awesome.

Thanks for your kind words, BT!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just to make the ending time a little more official, let's say 11:59pm EST ( for maplesyrup ) / 10:59pm CST ( for artman ) on June 30th. ...and of course anyone is still welcome to join in the fun.

Complete transparency: I just modified a mistake I made. "PST" got changed to "CST". To make a long story short, the auction ends for everyone at the same time. Thank you to an anonymous source for pointing out my oversight.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If so, perhaps we could each choose a piece if ryanclaytor agrees, and raise a quick $1500 for a very worthwhile charity?!

OMG, yes!

#51 5 years ago

...provided you both want different pieces.

#53 5 years ago

Wow wow wow wow! I'm still trying to piece my brain back together after last night. I'm so heartened by the collaborative final bids and ecstatic we can all help this great cause.

I've PM'd both Maple and Art to hash out the details and coordinate shipping and donations. In the meantime, if anyone else still wants to get involved, I'll just leave this donation link right here:

Huge thanks to everyone who participated somehow in the Meantime Queen tourney and fund-raiser. I'm so proud to be a small part of this important event. Thanks to all for your generous contributions and making a public statement that everyone is welcome in our great hobby/industry. Finally, an extra helping of gratitude to Maple and Art for going above and beyond. I can't wait to send you each some art!

Sincerely,
    Ryan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-original-artwork-auction-to-benefit-the-ali-forney-center?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.