(Topic ID: 105394)

New Ryan Claytor Illustrated Shirts...just in time for Expo!

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE10TshirtMocke.jpg
    image-28.jpg
    IMG_0240[1].JPG
    pinsideColorsFinal.jpg
    PinsideTshirtMockB.jpg
    PinballClassicsTshirtMockMidnightNavy.jpg
    PinballClassicsColored5.jpg
    _293149.jpg
    _293150.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Hi All,

With Expo only one week away, I wanted to draw a bit of attention to some new illustrations I created for a few great folks in our community. I had an absolute blast working on all of these projects, and I couldn't be more proud of the collaborations with each of these pinball entities:

PINBALL LIFE:

_293149.jpg_293149.jpg

_293150.jpg_293150.jpg

Terry contacted me about creating an illustration for the 10th anniversary of his open house. I attended Pinball Life's EXPLOSION for the first time last year and was floored that Terry thought of me to help commemorate this milestone event. If you like it, please buy one directly from Pinball Life here:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3541

- --- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --- -
    - --- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --- -

PINBALL CLASSICS:

PinballClassicsColored5.jpgPinballClassicsColored5.jpg

PinballClassicsTshirtMockMidnightNavy.jpgPinballClassicsTshirtMockMidnightNavy.jpg

Rob Anthony contacted me a few months back with an interest in having me create a shirt for his business. Together, we came up with this really fun image of Rob, the traveling salesman, accompanied by his canine companion, Taro. Rob has these shirts available at the bottom of this page:

http://www.lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

PINSIDE:

pinsideColorsFinal.jpgpinsideColorsFinal.jpg

PinsideTshirtMockB.jpgPinsideTshirtMockB.jpg

So, maybe you've heard of this guy named Robin. He's kind of a big deal. Anyway, Robin had a vision for the first ever official Pinside T-shirt and asked me to help make his vision a reality. I think we managed to capture the essence of our community here and we hope you feel the same way. You can order yours on this page in the marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/pinside

Believe it or not, my ultimate goal of this post is not to toot my own horn, but to direct you toward a few upstanding business men in the pinball community. As clients, each of them were a pleasure to work with. I say this honestly and with a lot of client experience behind me. I loved combining two of my passions (illustration and pinball) on these projects and I hope you'll get some enjoyment out of them as well.

Finally, I wanted to thank the Pinside community for all your kind words and support of my work thus far. If you'll be attending Expo next week, please stop me and say hello. I'll be there from Thurs-Saturday, I look like my avatar, and I'll likely be the only guy with a 1-year-old attached to me, so I shouldn't be hard to spot.

Take care,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#2 9 years ago

Congrats Ryan, you're definitely the Pinball Shirts of 2014 guy now!

You are also up very late my friend, that 1 year old keeping you awake?

#3 9 years ago

I love me some pinside and pinballlife, I'll order 1 of each even though it's not something I'd normally wear out, maybe I'll sport them at next years California Extreme.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've been called worse! Ha-ha! Thanks for all your support, Aurich. Very much appreciated.

Quoted from Aurich:

Actually, I was up crafting this process post for my website (a look into the collaboration behind the Pinball Classics shirt pictured above):

http://www.elephanteater.com/10334/pinball-classics-shirt-process

...then my son woke up two hours after I went to bed. Ha-ha!

Quoted from BillE:

I love me some pinside and pinballlife

You're in good company, BillE.

Quoted from BillE:

I'll order 1 of each even though it's not something I'd normally wear out, maybe I'll sport them at next years California Extreme.

Very cool of you! I'm a native Californian (still head back at least a couple times each year), so thanks for donning my artwork in my home state.

Good night again,
    Ryan

#5 9 years ago

great job ryan! and you captured rob anthony and his "buddy" perfectly

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

great job ryan! and you captured rob anthony and his "buddy" perfectly

Ha-ha! Thanks for your sentiments, j_m_! Rob and I had a great time bringing that image to fruition. I can't wait to pick up the shirts next week, put one on my back, and hand the rest to him at Expo!

Take care,
    Ryan

#7 9 years ago

I'd like to point out that if you buy one of each, you'll have much less to pack for the weekend.

#8 9 years ago

These are fantastic!
    Nice job Ryan

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

I'd like to point out that if you buy one of each, you'll have much less to pack for the weekend.

A man of practicality. I like that, Elix72. Ha-ha!

Quoted from Ranhorton:

These are fantastic!
    Nice job Ryan

Thanks, my fellow Whirlwind brother, Ranhorton! Truly appreciate your kind words.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Competition is coming!

Seriously though, maybe one day I will actually be able to draw.

All three of these are great. Totally LOL'ed at Taro hangin' out the window.

*Edit* Oh man, I wish I hadn't looked at your site. I really liked the purple shirt. LOL.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Competition is coming!

Just listened to the most recent Spooky Pinball Podcast and loved the energy and enthusiasm of hooch333! (I'm assuming that's who you're speaking of.) Along with the rest of Pinside, I've been following (and drooling over) his new gameroom updates for the past year:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/build-it-and-they-will-come

I wish him all the best with Life Under Glass and hope to tell him that in person at Expo!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#12 9 years ago

Nice work Ryan ! First time I heard of the one you did for Rob Anthony , It looks really good .

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nice work Ryan ! First time I heard of the one you did for Rob Anthony , It looks really good .

Much appreciated, trilogybeer. Thanks for chiming in here.

Can I correctly assume from your screen-name that you are the owner of the machine that was the inspiration for Terry's open house illustration above? If so, thanks for sharing your mad genius with all of us.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#14 9 years ago

I would have loved to have heard the original description from Terry for his shirt.

"This guy Doug brings a game that dispenses beer if you get a high enough score, it blows people's effing minds. Put that on a shirt"

#15 9 years ago

Yep , That's my game and It will be at the Pinball Life Explosion Open House again this year . I've also got a game heading to expo for Rob Anothony , I'll have to get one of the Pinball Classics shirts, that you did , from him .

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I would have loved to have heard the original description from Terry for his shirt.
    "This guy Doug brings a game that dispenses beer if you get a high enough score, it blows people's effing minds. Put that on a shirt"

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it was actually Ryan's. All I had to do was say *I like it*!
    Terry.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it was actually Ryan's. All I had to do was say *I like it*!
    Terry.

Terry is being honest. He gave me a LOT of leway to create whatever I wanted.

Quoted from epthegeek:

...although this constructed narrative is pretty awesome. Maybe we should just start agreeing with this when people ask, Terry.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep , That's my game and It will be at the Pinball Life Explosion Open House again this year

Oh, man. I can't wait to have my mind blown all over again.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

I've also got a game heading to expo for Rob Anothony

Seriously? You gotta let me know what I'm in for. I don't know if I can take two mind-splosions in one weekend. Can't wait to see whatever it is, trilogybeer!

In logistical news, I plan on arriving at Expo on Thursday afternoon, so Rob's shirts will arrive around then, too.

#19 9 years ago

This Elephant Eater guy (Ryan) is great to work with. Do no hesitate to have him work on your next shirt design.

To Ryan: Congratulations, they all look awesome!

#20 9 years ago

Very cool designs Ryan....has a real underground Crumb vibe from the 60's.....love the style. Please come and see me at my booth at Expo, I have some ideas I want to run by you for the community.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This Elephant Eater guy (Ryan) is great to work with. Do no hesitate to have him work on your next shirt design.
    To Ryan: Congratulations, they all look awesome!

Robin, thanks again for your kind words. The feeling is definitely mutual. Looking forward to seeing you next week at Expo and handing you a heap o' shirts!!

Quoted from hooch333:

Very cool designs Ryan....has a real underground Crumb vibe from the 60's.....love the style. Please come and see me at my booth at Expo, I have some ideas I want to run by you for the community.

The Crumb reference is pretty high praise. Thanks for chiming in here, David, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your booth at Expo. ...and you keep an eye out for the guy who looks like my avatar with a 1-year-old boy attached to him.

#22 9 years ago

One of a kind crying towel for Ryan Claytor

IMG_0240[1].JPGIMG_0240[1].JPG
    2 weeks later
    #23 9 years ago

Rob Anthony's shirt came in the mail today, got 3 of the 4.image-28.jpgimage-28.jpg

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

One of a kind crying towel for Ryan Claytor

It hangs in a place of honor, Doug! Ha-ha! Thanks so much for this gift. Sooo cool!

Quoted from moto_cat:

Rob Anthony's shirt came in the mail today, got 3 of the 4.

Our wardrobes are beginning to look very similar, moto_cat! *LOL* If you're looking for a size of Terry's PBL shirt that he no longer carries, I've got a few of my own...just haven't had time to list them on my website yet. PM me if interested.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#25 9 years ago

Hi Guys,

DISCLAIMER: There's a new thread with this information ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10th-anniversary-shirt ), but figured there are some folks following this thread who might be interested in this update:

This year marks a decade of comics illustration for me, and I'm celebrating with, you guessed it, a T-shirt :

EE10TshirtMocke.jpgEE10TshirtMocke.jpg

The illustration will be printed on high-quality ring-spun cotton (very soft, as you've come to expect), and it's a 4-color screen-printed design on the front of a dusty blue shirt. Shirts will customarily be sold for $20, but I'm offering a 15% pre-order discount for the next two weeks. Details and order buttons are available on my website here:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10435

Thanks for all your support for my work over the past year, guys. It's been a ton of fun illustrating some stuff for our great hobby (and expect to see some more in the future ).

Take care,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#26 9 years ago

I got my pinside shirt in just the other day -- awesome shirt!

#27 9 years ago

Thanks for the kudos, The_Director! Glad you're helping to spread the Pinside love in NC!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-illustrated-shirtsjust-in-time-for-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.