(Topic ID: 274656)

Ryan Claytor Designs Watch for London-based Mr. Jones Watches

By RyanClaytor

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1646 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1637 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632b (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpg
    119-XV-flat (resized).jpg
    IMG_3185 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    loading-buffering.gif
    Screenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).png
    1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221124-081227 (resized).png
    previewInsta (resized).jpg
    20220708_092403 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

112-V0_Step-right-up_menu.png112-V0_Step-right-up_menu.png

I DESIGNED A WATCH!  AND IT LAUNCHES TODAY from London-based company, Mr. Jones Watches:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/

For those of you who've not clicked through to that link yet, this watch is being released in a limited run of only 100, as you can see from the custom illustrated engraved case back:

Step-right-up_back.pngStep-right-up_back.png

It's called "Step Right Up" and features an old carnival shooting gallery.  The targets allow you to tell the time, and here's how:

StepRightUp-Didactic.gifStepRightUp-Didactic.gif

On Tuesday, I'll elaborate on why and how this release came to fruition.  Until then, best of luck getting your hands on one of the remaining 100 copies. 

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s really, really cool. I’d never heard of Mr. Jones, but the watches on their website are super neat. I love your design. Congratulations!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

That is awesome! Congrats on the 'score' !

Quoted from Toasterdog:

Wow, what a great design. Very cool!

Quoted from Insane:

very cool, congrats ryan.

Quoted from jawjaw:

That's awesome!

Thank you so much for all your kind words, everyone!

Quoted from twenty84:

This looks really cool, I'm not a watch guy but went ahead and ordered one.

Ha! So cool, twenty84 !!! You're a lucky duck. They've not been on the market for 2 hours and there are only 8 remaining.

Thanks a bunch, all! This is...just...so humbling. Thank you!

#10 3 years ago

...aaaand they're gone. In less than 2 hours. Wow-wow-wow! Thank you, again, for making this an unbelievable morning for me.

Sincerely,
    Ryan

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Yeah, already sold out. Awesome. congrats again.

Quoted from Zitt:

Wow. Nice. Very unique watch design.

Quoted from LouMatt:

Wow, that's awesome Congratulations

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

That is such a neat watch! I'm not even a watch guy, and I'm sad I missed out on them. Congrats on making such a cool piece, and congrats on them selling out so fast!

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Man, I missed it! Way cool though!

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Wow, congratulations!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Congratulations on the watches selling out so fast.

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate all the support!

Quoted from Zitt:

(I don't wear watches anymore with Cellphones in my pocket) But I might have made an exception here.

Quoted from Insane:

Yeah, already sold out.

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I'm sad I missed out on them.

Quoted from Charliew65:

Wow Sold out already!?

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Man, I missed it!

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was a few minutes too late, though.

Just seeing this now but also see that are gone! : (

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I need to get up earlier to check Twitter!

My gosh, yeah, that was...faster than any of us expected. Now that the dust from yesterday has settled, I'm told that they sold-out in 2 hours and 2 minutes, which, as Nic mentioned, is...

Quoted from NicoVolta:

...a new all-time company record.

mindsplosion.gifmindsplosion.gif

I'm...still coming down off that high. Kind of in disbelief.

All this to say, in silver linings, if you're still interested, they opened up a waitlist link:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/products/step-right-up

If enough folks sign up, they'll reissue it in an UNlimited run. *fingers crossed!!!*

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention...

twenty84 NicoVolta & Charliew65 ...

youdabest.gifyoudabest.gif

>>>THANK YOU!!!<<< for helping to make this such a runaway success. I hope you love your new watches. I have a feeling you'll be happy with them. I've been living with mine for a couple months now and I'm still astounded at the level of craftsmanship the MJW team put into each piece.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Congrats Ryan. Looks fantastic.

Quoted from DennisDodel:

Congratulations Ryan. Beautiful design.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That looks great.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That has to be the coolest watch I have ever seen.

Quoted from epthegeek:

a cool project and a really well executed design Ryan.

Thanks for posting this Ryan and congratulations!

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Looks awesome!

This is the watch I never knew I wanted, lol.

Just...wow...I don't even know what to say, but...thank you. Seriously. Can't express how much your support means. Sincerely.

Quoted from Charliew65:

fastest shipping ever!!!

Oh my GAWD...they are bonkers, right? They've gotta have the most crazy FedEx contract. Every time I received a prototype throughout the design process, it arrived in Michigan (from the UK) in 24 hours. I wondered what that would look like when it came time for order fulfillment, but it seems as though they must have been working overtime because I've not heard of an order that took longer than a day to arrive. Unbelievable! It's been a pleasure collaborating with a team who is not only creative, but also organized and conscientious. They've been a joy to work with from start to finish.

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Put my name on the waitlist.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I'm on the wait list-

On the waiting list!!!

Quoted from RobertWinter:

On the waitlist...

Awesome! I really hope this will go a long way to convincing the company that a reissue should happen. Thank you, guys!

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn. I would have grabbed one of these had I seen it sooner.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I wish i had gotten in on the limited run.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would have gotten one if my internet wasn't down for 4 days.

Quoted from Friengineer:

Well shit, just found this thread. Lol.

...and I'm sorry folks missed out on the limited run. These moved a lot faster than any of us expected. All this to say, if you missed it above, they opened up a waitlist link:

If enough folks sign up, they'll reissue it in an UNlimited run. *fingers crossed!!!*

Quoted from pinballdork:

And is 100 max norm?

Yes, it's kinda their typical business model these days. Release a limited run of 100, see how it does, if demand is great enough then reissue.

Anyone know if the non limited version would be a little cheaper?

From what I've seen, they keep their prices quite consistent. LE's and Standard runs function (and by and large LOOK), exactly the same. So I've not seen price fluctuation between LE's and reissues. From all my experiences with them, they're really a very thoughtful and conscientious company. I'm proud to be associated with them.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Looking forward to the story.

Quoted from pinballdork:

Is there a back story how this watch came to be?

Yeah, ha-ha! I know this seems a little out-of-the-blue for me. On Tuesday, I'll post the whole story of how this came to be on my website:

www.ElephantEater.com

Where was the information first posted?

It was first released on their website, but within seconds I was posting to my email list subscribers, on my website, social media accounts, Pinside, etc. My email list was timed to release pretty much the second the announcement went live on the MJW website. If you're interested in jumping on my update list (I send out emails roughly 4 times a year. It mentions things like my public appearances...back in the before times ...as well as new projects coming out, like Coin-Op Carnival, my comics, neon design, and now watches), then feel free to shoot me a private message with an email address you'd like me to add.

I'm sure Ryan was under some sort of "keep your mouth closed" contract.

You're darn tootin' I was. Ha-ha! I even asked if I could give my readers (email subscribers) a heads-up a day before so they'd have a better chance of getting one. I was told, "Absolutely not!" Ha-ha! ...which is totally fair. But, as I mentioned, I did let my email list know seconds after the watch was live on the MJW website.

Hope this answers a few questions, guys. Thanks, again for all your support.

Finally, if any of you managed to nab one, I'd love to get a picture of you wearing it. I'm putting together an art book and would like to make a collage of folks with these watches. If you're willing, please contact me.

Take care, all!
    -Ryan

#40 3 years ago

ClaytorWorking2020_HighRes (resized).jpgClaytorWorking2020_HighRes (resized).jpg

Remember on Thursday when I was like, "Hey, I designed a watch!"

...and you were like, "Wait, what?"

...then I was like, "No, really!"

...and you were all, "Okay, I guess?"

Well, here's the story of how it all came to be:

http://elephanteater.com/15036/wait-a-watch

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Awesome story. Great to see how it came about.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Great story Ryan! Congrats again on such an interesting project and amazing final result!

Quoted from wayinla:

Congratulations again!

Thanks so much, guys!

Quoted from Insane:

Maybe your other designs will be the next collaboration.

*fingers crossed*

Quoted from ruralcollector:

I L O V E Mr. Jones watches.

ME TOO!!! I think I have about 5 of them now. *LOL*

Also, I see a 000/100 on that caseback. Looks like you got yourself a prototype! Neat!

Quoted from wayinla:

I’m on the wait list with fingers crossed!

Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I'm on the wait list. Really love the look of that watch!

Cool. Thank you for doing that. Sincerely.

Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I ordered one on Aug 6 and it arrived today!

OH COOL!!! Please post which one you got! So many great designs from their company.

In other news...

podcastClaytorJones (resized).jpgpodcastClaytorJones (resized).jpg

Mr. Jones Watches released a podcast interview with me today. We talk about my career as a comic book artist, a university professor, my recent work designing neon signs, oh yeah...and a watch I designed for them.

Podcast:
    https://mrjoneswatches.com/blogs/podcast/episode-eight-interview-with-ryan-claytor

Watch:

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I went with Time Traveller with the black stainless steel band.
    I also like King and King of Spades
    [quoted image]

That's my wife's favorite! I have a feeling that'll make it's way under the xmas tree for her this year.

#51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is REALLY really cool! Wow. Damn it, I had just about stopped wearing watches..

Ha-ha! Thanks...and sorry.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Edit: Ryan, your friggin watch is sold out !

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...they opened up a waitlist link:

Quoted from epthegeek:

Your wife's favorite isn't "Step Right Up"?

*LOL* ...correction...second favorite.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

This is fantastic!

Thank you!

Quoted from Nevus:

I'm getting on the wait list now.

Fantastic. Thank you, again!

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

ebay.com link » Mr Jones Watches Step Right Up 11 100

I...don't know what to make of this. Ha-ha! Glad it's desirable, but...seems like...a lot.

1 week later
    #55 3 years ago

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpgelephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg

SHORT STORY:
    Please sign up for my quarterly comics email list here:
    http://elephanteater.com/contact

LONG STORY:
    As you may know, in addition to designing the Mr. Jones "Step Right Up" watch, I'm also a comic book artist, most recently released Coin-Op Carnival. During a typical summer convention season, I’ll not only exhibit my work but also collect email addresses to stay in touch with folks who are interested in my art. However, with conventions in 2020 either delayed, canceled, or moved online, gathering new emails for my updates has been slow at best. As I’ve discussed this with people close to me, I’ve also become acutely aware that while I make my best low-pressure attempt to collect email addresses during conventions, I’ve been woefully negligent about asking friends and family if they’d be interested in joining this list.

With all that said, what exactly would you be signing up for, should you decide to join this list? Essentially, I’ll email you about 4x/year (sometimes it’s even less, but on a good year it’s just about four). These updates mention new book releases, public appearances, unreleased behind-the-scenes info, and key events surrounding my artwork. If you decide to join, I promise not to release your information and you’re able to opt out at anytime. Are you interested in seeing an example email? No problem. Click here to see the Summer 2020 update I sent a couple weeks ago:

https://madmimi.com/s/8690d01

In case it wasn’t clear, I’d like to make a push to get more email sign-ups, and I’m trying to make it as easy as possible with this hand-dandy form:

Once you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with an activation link to finalize the process. Occasionally this email will be diverted to your spam/junk folder. Just make sure to:

1. Click the activation link.

~and~

2. Whitelist that email address so future emails are directed to your inbox.

Finally, if you find it in your heart to share this information, I’d really appreciate that, too.

That’s all I’ve got for ya this week. Thanks for your consideration!

11 months later
    #58 2 years ago

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

tease (resized).pngtease (resized).png

...posted recently on Mr. Jones Watches Instagram.

#67 2 years ago

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback, everyone! Much appreciated. To my surprise, they've announced a release date!

FB_IMG_1628392792076 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1628392792076 (resized).jpg

Best of luck on Thursday!

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can you share where these will be sold on the 12th?

Sure, no problem. They'll be at:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/

Quoted from Mbecker:

did they post what the design is or hints of it earlier?

My new design has not been posted, but they've shared a couple of hints on their IG account. Full reveal this Thursday!

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

There is a FB 'teaser' picture out there that leave no doubt it is Ryan's work.

Thanks for that link, jellikit ! Much appreciated. ...and that teaser should leave no doubt about the watch's subject matter, either!

Quoted from Mbecker:

Nice!!! I guess the launch will actually be A bit different with the time difference in the US- I’m assuming 12am UK launch

Have you seen MJW post about a release time somewhere? If so, link, please.

Quoted from spfxted:

Is yours going to be in the $200's, $300's or $400's range?

I'm under NDA, so I can't say much until launch day, but it will be priced comparably with the other watches they offer.

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

Were did you sign up for notifications?

...aaand just as a safe guard, you can also sign up for MY email updates (which I typically send out once every other month) here:

I plan to send out an update to my subscribers the MOMENT I see the watch go live.

#90 2 years ago

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

E8frOKgXoAMBBSK (resized).jpgE8frOKgXoAMBBSK (resized).jpg
    #96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

You're such a tease!
    Can't wait to see the full design.

Quoted from cait001:

WE NEEND THE FULL SNEAK PEAK!!

Shan't be long now!

Quoted from goingincirclez:

... once I figure out how to engrave it properly...

Did you know Mr. Jones Watches will do custom engraving for you?

Quoted from Nevus:

Ryan can you tell us if the watch will be a available on the US site?

It will! The UK and US sites are exact mirrors of one another. The only difference is that the price of the watches are listed in dollars instead of pounds.

Finally, it looks like Mr Jones Watches put up one final teaser:

ryan (resized).jpgryan (resized).jpg

...see you in the morning, guys!

#98 2 years ago

This means 7am EST, 4am PST:

rich (resized).jpgrich (resized).jpgrich2 (resized).jpgrich2 (resized).jpg
    #105 2 years ago

...aaaand sold out in 26 minutes. THAT...was bonkers.

Thanks to everyone here who showed interest in my design. If you wanted one but didn't manage to beat the crowd, you can show your interest by emailing:

[email protected]

...and let them know you'd love to see "Ricochet" get moved into their permanent collection.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sincerely,
    Ryan

#115 2 years ago

Thank you so much, everyone! Looks like they posted an interest list on the same page:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/products/ricochet

...so that should make things a little easier than emailing them directly. Regardless...

...thank you, Tommy!

#132 2 years ago

Thanks, again, for all the kind words! I really appreciate it.

First, I'd like to toss some photographs here for posterity (how have I not posted these yet???):

119-D1-Ricochet-flat-2CLAYTOR (resized).jpg119-D1-Ricochet-flat-2CLAYTOR (resized).jpg

119-D1-Ricochet-sideCLAYTOR (resized).jpg119-D1-Ricochet-sideCLAYTOR (resized).jpg

119-D1-Ricochet-caseback (resized).jpg119-D1-Ricochet-caseback (resized).jpg

119-D1-Ricochet-standCLAYTOR (resized).jpg119-D1-Ricochet-standCLAYTOR (resized).jpg

119-D1-Ricochet-slipcase-back (resized).jpg119-D1-Ricochet-slipcase-back (resized).jpg

Also, I've not had a chance to let you know about all the cool features on this design!

- If those robots look SHINY, THEY ARE! In fact, they're GILDED in gold, palladium, and copper leaf!
    - Not only are those bots gilded, but this is the first watch the company has ever TRIPLE-GILDED!
    - While my previous watch design used a quartz movement (battery powered), this design uses an AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT (operates completely mechanically without batteries, automagically wound by the movement of your wrist)!
    - The particular type of movement is called a "JUMP HOUR" movement, in which the hour numeral stays in one place until the minutes move back to "00", at which point the hour JUMPS to the next digit. Pretty fun to see at the top of each hour! Check it out:

jumpHour04-400-pinside.gifjumpHour04-400-pinside.gif

- Finally, if all that wasn’t exciting enough, the inserts and pop bumper on the playfield appear to “light and unlight” (due to the rotating seconds disc behind it), giving the scene a more lively and interactive feel!

Sorry to twist the knife for folks who didn't manage to get one, but hey, have I mentioned that I have an email update that I send our every other month? It talks about new art of mine, lots of behind the scenes stuff before I share it publicly, and even up to the minute announcements about launches like THIS! All this to say, if that sounds interesting to you, you can sign up here:

elephantEaterComicsEmailList.jpgelephantEaterComicsEmailList.jpg

...and I promise I'll let you know if MJW decides to release any of my designs into their permanent collection.

Many thanks for your interest in my work, everyone! I truly appreciate it!

1 week later
    #152 2 years ago

I've been away on vacation with my family for the past week, so pardon my comlag, but I sure love seeing these arrive quickly, safely, and that they're well appriciated!

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Arrived this morning via FedEx. The colors really pop in daylight. Great design RyanClaytor and execution by Mr Jones.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Great shots, guys!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

would I like another piece from Mr. Jones, reluctantly I said yes.

I've got about half-a-dozen of their designs. Let me know what else you get!

Quoted from fosaisu:

I didn't wake up early enough to score one but have emailed Mr. Jones and joined the waiting list

Quoted from goingincirclez:

I had #76 in my cart early on and was sooo clossse to buying...

...and thanks for all the interest here! As Mr. Jones Watches has stated, there will be a reissue into their permanent collection. Even I'm not sure when that will happen, but you can bet I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime...

Quoted from EasternBloc:

#76 arrived on the left side of the pond and is keeping excellent time!
    [quoted image]

...looks like we know where #76 went. Ha-ha! That's an incredible pic!!!

Oh, P.S. In other news, I'm about to send out my every-other-month email update which talks about my art, much of which hasn't been shown publicly...

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpgelephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg

Here's a sign-up link for interested parties:

www.ElephantEater.com/contact

Thanks, again, all!

2 months later
    #156 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I received a message from my iPhone/Apple 2 days ago informing me that the mr jones website had been hacked and persons logon /account information was stolen. I do not see this information on the mr jones website itself. Any truth to this?

Huh! That's interesting. I've heard nothing of this. I can ask around the company if you're interested. They're also quite responsive to customer queries if you'd like to ask on your own.

1 month later
    #174 2 years ago
    Quoted from EasternBloc:

Mr Jones Christmas cards are awesome too!

Ha-ha! Thanks for sharing, EasternBloc ! I was honored to be asked by Mr. Jones to represent their company this holiday season. I've been itching to share this artwork for a while. Nice to see it in "out in the wild", as we like to say.

Quoted from EasternBloc:

Feel like we need a backstory comic book for these gaming robobuddies!

Weellll...it's not a robo-comic, but I do have a new book launching on Kickstarter...ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!

http://www.ahunterstale.com/

It's based on a poem that my late grandfather wrote almost 40 years ago. I can't wait to share that with folks.

Quoted from spfxted:

Ok....here it is. Offered for sale Mr. Jones Watches...The Last Laugh Tattoo. Brand new, only worn about an hour. Original Box and Papers. I upgraded to the Stainless Steel Mesh Band. On back...Cigars Tequila Death. (Original price on the website is $275, without upgrades) How about $245 Priority Mail Shipped Free to USA only. PM me if interested. Thanks!
    (By the way, the watch is fantastic...the numbers are just too small for my old eyes)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice of you to offer that. You even got one of those holiday box covers BEFORE I DID! Ha-ha! I was told their Black Friday sale went so well, they had to print MORE of those illustrated box covers! ...so I'm awaiting reprints to get mine.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Time for Mr Jones to run that unlimited edition!

Weeelllllll...consider hanging on to some of your holiday money into the new year.

1 month later
    #176 2 years ago

Good morning,

Just thought I'd let folks on this thread know about a newly-released conversation between me and Crispin Jones (Mr. Jones Watches company owner)...

https://mrjoneswatches.com/blogs/design-blog/crispin-jones-in-conversation-with-ryan-claytor

...who interviews me about my watch designs for his company and my new comic book releasing RIGHT NOW:

FB_IMG_1643466268124 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1643466268124 (resized).jpg

...and for the next...not quite 48 hours. Can't wait to share it with you!

www.aHuntersTale.com

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Good to hear Ricochet is being re-released! Will be watching for that!

Yeah, I'm excited for the reissue, too! Glad to know this watch will be accessible to a wider audience. The first 100 owners had to be PRETTY fast!

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Will there be anything different about the reissue?
    Or is it the exact same as the first run

Yup! There will be some minor differences. I'll be more comfortable discussing them once the watch is officially announced. Speaking of which...

Quoted from Zitt:

The real question is If the rerelease is big enough for people to actually buy it without a F5 key mash

YES! You should be able to purchase this edition of the watch without a problem. The initial release was limited to 100 watches total. Which...as you know...moved awfully quickly. However, since they're reissuing the watch into their available collection, from my understanding, there SHOULD be plenty to go around.

Hope that helps, guys!

#182 2 years ago

Oh, and while I'm here...just gonna...

0day (resized).jpg0day (resized).jpg

...leave that right there for anyone interested in my latest project.

www.aHuntersTale.com

1 month later
    #216 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I received mine a few weeks ago and like it except for that I have large wrists and it looks a little too small when I have it on. Most of my other watches are around 42-44mm and look nicely proportioned on my wrist, but with this it almost looks like I’m wearing a woman’s size watch. I guess that’s just my problem, but I really wish they offered this in other sizes. Other than that I think it’s nice and very different from all the other watches I own.

Hey BudManPinFan

Thanks for chiming in here with your kind words about the design and thoughts about size. You know, Mr. Jones Watches does offer a few "XL" sized watches in their collection. Basically, if there's enough demand, they'll add a design to their "XL" cases. You might consider sending them a message similar to what you wrote here. They're a small company and take customer feedback pretty seriously.

Wishing you all the best,
    Ryan

2 months later
    #219 1 year ago

I'm ordering the Ricochet today. I promised myself the next time I won some decent coin in a tournament, I would get it. Won $300 last night, so today's the day. I'm going with the black stainless band.

Hello fellow RC (like the cola)!

That's sooo cool to hear! ...and I don't think I've see Ricochet on a black stainless band before! Please post some pictures if you're willing! I'd love to see it! Thanks so much for your kind words here, and I hope you love your NEW TOURNAMENT PRIZE!

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Thanks Ryan, I’m a big person so this may not be an issue for most. I really like your work, be it the watches or the neons you’ve designed, and look forward to seeing more.

Thank you BudManPinFan. That means a lot to me. ...and you're not the only sizable fellow in the pinball hobby. (We gotta move these things around, right? Ha-ha!) So, who knows, if enough folks request it, I can see them adding an XL version. ... they've done it before. Anyhow, just out of curiosity, did you ever hear anything back from them?

P.S. Sorry this response is so belated to you both.

3 weeks later
    #222 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Mr. Jones 15th Anniversary Sale going on now, substantial savings on Ricochet! I finally pulled the trigger (with PayPal exchange rate I saved a few extra bucks ordering in Pounds on the British site, $257 and still free shipping to the US, $265 shipped on the US site).
    https://mrjoneswatches.com/collections/15th-anniversary-sale/products/ricochet

You beat me to the punch! Ha-ha! Thanks for posting this here, fosaisu !

FB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpg

Very interesting to hear about the PayPal exchange rate, too! I hope this can help a few more folks get this on wrist.

Sale only last through the weekend, tho, and I've never seen them discount my watch (or any of their production watches) this heavily before.

Good luck, everyone!

4 weeks later
    #226 1 year ago

Here's the black band. I got the regular one too, but primarily use this one. Ignore the crappy tattoo I need to get covered.
    [quoted image]

Wow, that looks great, RC_like_the_cola , thanks for sharing! Hope you love it...and pardon my belated response.

In other news, I've not mentioned this on Pinside, but figured I might at least let this thread know...

previewInsta (resized).jpgpreviewInsta (resized).jpg

...I've got a Patreon with lots of fun happening there. Seriously, we've got a great community of nice folks on my page, over 100 archived posts about my work with 3x/week updates. If early access to my illustrations, behind-the-scenes process images unavailable anywhere else, as well as exclusive audio feeds sound good to you, here's where you can find a bunch more of that:

www.Patreon.com/RyanClaytor

Take care, all!
    Ryan

4 months later
    #228 1 year ago

Nice! Did anyone nab one? PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

2 months later
    #230 1 year ago

So, I dunno if you all received this, too, but...

1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png

...after a LOT of watches sold over the holidays, Ricochet is now back in stock.

https://us.mrjoneswatches.com/products/ricochet

#232 1 year ago

MY GOSH!!! *sigh* Sorry, guys. I'll request that they make more than two for the next restock.

In all seriousness, thanks for your support of this product. Means the world to me.

Sincerely,
    Ryan

2 months later
    #233 10 months ago

Screenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).png

Back in stock, for those who've been asking.

https://mrjoneswatches.com/collections/all-watches/products/ricochet

1 week later
    #235 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

And........wait for it.........sold out!

Yeeeahh...that happened quickly...again. Ha-ha! I'll try to keep this thread updated for the next restock.

1 month later
    #236 9 months ago

And........wait for it.........sold out!

...aaaaaand guess what:

https://us.mrjoneswatches.com/products/ricochet?utm_source=Referral&utm_medium=mrjoneswatches.com&utm_campaign=Redirect

...back in stock! Glad Mr. Jones Watches keeps making this available. Thanks for all the support and interest, everyone!

1 month later
    #238 8 months ago

It took awhile this time, but sold out again!
    You have made a VERY popular watch!

Ha-ha! Thanks, pinballinreno . Wow...blows my mind every time. Thanks for your support, everyone. Sincerely. I'll update again when it's back in stock. I'm off to ask 'em when that might be.

1 month later
    1 month later
    #240 5 months ago

If anyone is interested in nabbing a Ricochet watch for the holidays, there's a Black Friday sale going on at Mr. Jones Watches this weekend. Get 20% off for the next few days here:

https://us.mrjoneswatches.com/collections/black-friday-2023/products/ricochet

3 months later
    #241 42 days ago

Hello, friends! It's been a bit. Just wanted to mention that something interesting is dropping soon.

#244 41 days ago

And I just got my bonus.

If you can hang on to it for about a week, I think you'll be happy you did.

The things, they will be revealed soon!

loading-buffering.gifloading-buffering.gif

#247 39 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Should be we Jonesing with excitement while we watch for an announcement?

Ha! I see WATCHu did there.

#248 37 days ago

Happy Tuesday, all. Tomorrow's the day.

#251 37 days ago

What time? I believe the last couple have been in the middle of the night (eastern time).

I think they release them at a little more humane hour now. I wanna say around 10 or 11am Eastern? In the meantime...

DSCF1632 (resized).jpgDSCF1632 (resized).jpg

...on my wrist in my arcade.

#257 36 days ago

Alright, my friends, the wait is (nearly) over. At noon Eastern time today, MJW will release a newer, larger version of my pinball playin' robots watch, Ricochet! AND KEEP READING FOR A DISCOUNT CODE! I've heard A LOT of you request a bigger version of Ricochet and Mr Jones Watches (the manufacturer) listened!

119-XV-flat (resized).jpg119-XV-flat (resized).jpg

With the added room on the dial, they even let me illustrate a NEW ROBOT along with some additional background details.

IMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpgIMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpg

This newer, larger version (with 33% more robot!) is called Ricochet XL and still sports the same mesmerizing automatic jump-hour movement (the hour stays perfectly in place until the minutes move back to zero and then...BAM! NEXT HOUR!), pinball-playin' bots, and that incredible triple-gilding. Hard to do it justice in photographs but here a shot of it on my wrist:

DSCF1632 (resized).jpgDSCF1632 (resized).jpg

I was blown away when my copy arrived just a few days ago! I think you will be, too.

DSCF1632b (resized).jpgDSCF1632b (resized).jpg

And if this news wasn't exciting enough, Mr. Jones Watches even gave me a 20% OFF DISCOUNT CODE to share with my friends. So, if you decide to pull the trigger on a Ricochet XL or a standard Ricochet, this discount code works on EITHER MODEL!

Discount Code:
    RYAN20

Just pop that in the discount field at check-out and keep a little more dough in your pocket while you enjoy this art on your wrist.

DSCF1637 (resized).jpgDSCF1637 (resized).jpg

I'll leave you with the permalink:

https://us.mrjoneswatches.com/products/ricochet-xl

...which should begin functioning at noon Eastern today.

DSCF1646 (resized).jpgDSCF1646 (resized).jpg

Thanks for all your interest and support of my work. I hope you love this newer, larger version!

#261 35 days ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

That’s awesome! Well done!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate that.

I paused and took a screen cap of a video they posted yesterday and was thinking, "that's just the ricochet again". That's pretty cool and yes, I have thought I'd like a bigger version. Will this new one be a limited release?

This is not a numbered version.

Quoted from Nevus:

Ryan, that is really nice. Thanks for offering the discount.

You got it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-designs-watch-for-london-based-mr-jones-watches?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.