(Topic ID: 274656)

Ryan Claytor Designs Watch for London-based Mr. Jones Watches

By RyanClaytor

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1646 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1637 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632b (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpg
    119-XV-flat (resized).jpg
    IMG_3185 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    loading-buffering.gif
    Screenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).png
    1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221124-081227 (resized).png
    previewInsta (resized).jpg
    20220708_092403 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago

Love the Ricochet design, I didn't wake up early enough to score one but have emailed Mr. Jones and joined the waiting list, hopefully if enough of us do likewise they'll consider a reissue at some point. And cheers to those that scored one, and to Ryan for another instant sellout!

#139 2 years ago

Mr. Jones emailed back today and said they’ve had a lot of interest and Ricochet will be rereleased at some point in the future, with details to come via social media “in due course.” Great news for those of us that struck out yesterday (and of course great news for Ryan)!

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Didnt they release these with a 150 limited production?

Limited to 100 numbered watches. But I gather that for super-popular designs they'll sometimes tweak things a bit (e.g. different colors) and re-release as an unnumbered non-LE. I think that's what happened with the toon godzilla watch and maybe some of the others in their "permanent" collection.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I made the mistake of mentioning Ryan's work to my spouse at dinner the other night.
    She ask, but if they are sold out would I like another piece from Mr. Jones, reluctantly I said yes.

Tell her to hold on a minute and order you a Ricochet once they drop the unlimited version! Unless you're thinking get one now, and then get another one later, in which case carry on.

3 months later
    #165 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Not mine, but someone is selling one on eBay. First one I’ve seen… ebay.com link: Mr Jones Watches Ricochet Pinball Robot Watch BRAND NEW IN BOX NEVER WORN

Quoted from cait001:

sold for $760 USD

Time for Mr Jones to run that unlimited edition!

2 months later
    #187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

From the posted links above. The 2nd edition lacks the window on the pop bumper, and the 2 playfield inserts, which allowed for viewing the movement working.

From ReadyPO's post, it looks like the background image and color was also changed. Hard to tell if other colors were tweaked or if that's just a variation in lighting for the two photos. But from Ryan's earlier comments it sounds like Mr. Jones commonly uses color tweaks to differential LEs from second runs. It is a shame they dropped the "animation" effect on the playfield though, that seemed like a cool feature to me.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

How much was the original?

I want to say it was the same price? Maybe it was $345 or something, but definitely in the $300s anyway.

#204 2 years ago

That's a nice looking watch! The metal foil on the robots is just perfect. I was bummed about removal of the playfield animation feature, but am now getting a little tempted to pull the trigger anyway ...

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Came today. Very nice packaging. Beautiful watch!

And sent from the future, no less! (Or Europe, I guess, but Europe's also technically in the future).

3 months later
    #220 1 year ago

Mr. Jones 15th Anniversary Sale going on now, substantial savings on Ricochet! I finally pulled the trigger (with PayPal exchange rate I saved a few extra bucks ordering in Pounds on the British site, $257 and still free shipping to the US, $265 shipped on the US site).

https://mrjoneswatches.com/collections/15th-anniversary-sale/products/ricochet

#224 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Here's the black band. I got the regular one too, but primarily use this one. Ignore the crappy tattoo I need to get covered.

Looks sharp! I didn’t see the black stainless band on offer when I ordered yesterday so I just went with the default stainless.

5 months later
    #229 1 year ago

There's a new-in-box Ricochet up on ebay, looks to be the unlimited edition. Good price for now but of course it's 3 days out ...

ebay.com link: itm

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-designs-watch-for-london-based-mr-jones-watches?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.