(Topic ID: 274656)

Ryan Claytor Designs Watch for London-based Mr. Jones Watches

By RyanClaytor

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1646 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1637 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632b (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpg
    119-XV-flat (resized).jpg
    IMG_3185 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    loading-buffering.gif
    Screenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).png
    1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221124-081227 (resized).png
    previewInsta (resized).jpg
    20220708_092403 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 2 years ago

#76 arrived on the left side of the pond and is keeping excellent time!

5AA7AEB9-8D6C-48D3-A4BF-E3528E0A5F5F (resized).jpeg5AA7AEB9-8D6C-48D3-A4BF-E3528E0A5F5F (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #152 2 years ago

I've been away on vacation with my family for the past week, so pardon my comlag, but I sure love seeing these arrive quickly, safely, and that they're well appriciated!

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Arrived this morning via FedEx. The colors really pop in daylight. Great design RyanClaytor and execution by Mr Jones.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Great shots, guys!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

would I like another piece from Mr. Jones, reluctantly I said yes.

I've got about half-a-dozen of their designs. Let me know what else you get!

Quoted from fosaisu:

I didn't wake up early enough to score one but have emailed Mr. Jones and joined the waiting list

Quoted from goingincirclez:

I had #76 in my cart early on and was sooo clossse to buying...

...and thanks for all the interest here! As Mr. Jones Watches has stated, there will be a reissue into their permanent collection. Even I'm not sure when that will happen, but you can bet I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime...

Quoted from EasternBloc:

#76 arrived on the left side of the pond and is keeping excellent time!
    [quoted image]

...looks like we know where #76 went. Ha-ha! That's an incredible pic!!!

Oh, P.S. In other news, I'm about to send out my every-other-month email update which talks about my art, much of which hasn't been shown publicly...

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpgelephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg

Here's a sign-up link for interested parties:

www.ElephantEater.com/contact

Thanks, again, all!

#153 2 years ago

Ryan did an interview with me regarding his Ricochet watch. We do some pinball talk too because it is unavoidable.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

As Mr. Jones Watches has stated, there will be a reissue into their permanent collection. Even I'm not sure when that will happen, but you can bet I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!!

2 months later
    #155 2 years ago

I received a message from my iPhone/Apple 2 days ago informing me that the mr jones website had been hacked and persons logon /account information was stolen. I do not see this information on the mr jones website itself. Any truth to this?

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I received a message from my iPhone/Apple 2 days ago informing me that the mr jones website had been hacked and persons logon /account information was stolen. I do not see this information on the mr jones website itself. Any truth to this?

Huh! That's interesting. I've heard nothing of this. I can ask around the company if you're interested. They're also quite responsive to customer queries if you'd like to ask on your own.

4 weeks later
    #157 2 years ago

Well....I couldn't wait any longer for the Pinball Watch, so I started with this one! Very nice with Fast Shipping!

66007484406__C13AFC53-D24D-4B7D-BF63-A3E2A3FFFA48 (resized).jpg66007484406__C13AFC53-D24D-4B7D-BF63-A3E2A3FFFA48 (resized).jpg66007506913__B11683AB-C442-4B5E-A70C-FA80665EFF33 (resized).jpg66007506913__B11683AB-C442-4B5E-A70C-FA80665EFF33 (resized).jpg
    #160 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Not mine, but someone is selling one on eBay. First one I’ve seen… ebay.com link: Mr Jones Watches Ricochet Pinball Robot Watch BRAND NEW IN BOX NEVER WORN

oh my this is gonna get pricey

#161 2 years ago

Guesses on final price? I’m going 553

#162 2 years ago

I say it breaks $600 easy. auction ends tomorrow! ebay.com link: itm

#163 2 years ago

sold for $760 USD

#164 2 years ago

daaaang!

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Not mine, but someone is selling one on eBay. First one I’ve seen… ebay.com link: Mr Jones Watches Ricochet Pinball Robot Watch BRAND NEW IN BOX NEVER WORN

Quoted from cait001:

sold for $760 USD

Time for Mr Jones to run that unlimited edition!

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I signed up for the wait list and keep getting emails about their other watches on sale - the watch that spfxted got is very nice but I think I will keep holding out for another run of either of Ryan's watches...

#167 2 years ago

Oh, I may get that too. I may be putting my watch up for sale as the numbers are too small for my old eyes....

#168 2 years ago

Mr Jones Christmas cards are awesome too! Feel like we need a backstory comic book for these gaming robobuddies!

D5F0E489-00C4-48C1-96D3-362D9387C18F (resized).jpegD5F0E489-00C4-48C1-96D3-362D9387C18F (resized).jpeg
    #169 2 years ago
    Quoted from EasternBloc:

Mr Jones Christmas cards are awesome too! Feel like we need a backstory comic book for these gaming robobuddies!
    [quoted image]

Don't forget to check the back of the card for a bonus!

#170 2 years ago

Super cool. I can't shake the feeling that three of these guys had a prior gig...

the-banana-splits-2 (resized).jpgthe-banana-splits-2 (resized).jpg

#171 2 years ago

Ok....here it is. Offered for sale Mr. Jones Watches...The Last Laugh Tattoo. Brand new, only worn about an hour. Original Box and Papers. I upgraded to the Stainless Steel Mesh Band. On back...Cigars Tequila Death. (Original price on the website is $275, without upgrades) How about $245 Priority Mail Shipped Free to USA only. PM me if interested. Thanks!
    (By the way, the watch is fantastic...the numbers are just too small for my old eyes)

IMG_1389 (resized).jpgIMG_1389 (resized).jpgIMG_1390 (resized).jpgIMG_1390 (resized).jpgthe last laugh tattoo (resized).jpgthe last laugh tattoo (resized).jpgwatch mr jones skull 1 (resized).jpgwatch mr jones skull 1 (resized).jpgwatch mr jones skull 2 (resized).jpgwatch mr jones skull 2 (resized).jpg
    #172 2 years ago

that's classy, Ted

#173 2 years ago

...a sweet watch!

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from EasternBloc:

Mr Jones Christmas cards are awesome too!

Ha-ha! Thanks for sharing, EasternBloc ! I was honored to be asked by Mr. Jones to represent their company this holiday season. I've been itching to share this artwork for a while. Nice to see it in "out in the wild", as we like to say.

Quoted from EasternBloc:

Feel like we need a backstory comic book for these gaming robobuddies!

Weellll...it's not a robo-comic, but I do have a new book launching on Kickstarter...ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!

http://www.ahunterstale.com/

It's based on a poem that my late grandfather wrote almost 40 years ago. I can't wait to share that with folks.

Quoted from spfxted:

Ok....here it is. Offered for sale Mr. Jones Watches...The Last Laugh Tattoo. Brand new, only worn about an hour. Original Box and Papers. I upgraded to the Stainless Steel Mesh Band. On back...Cigars Tequila Death. (Original price on the website is $275, without upgrades) How about $245 Priority Mail Shipped Free to USA only. PM me if interested. Thanks!
    (By the way, the watch is fantastic...the numbers are just too small for my old eyes)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice of you to offer that. You even got one of those holiday box covers BEFORE I DID! Ha-ha! I was told their Black Friday sale went so well, they had to print MORE of those illustrated box covers! ...so I'm awaiting reprints to get mine.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Weeelllllll...consider hanging on to some of your holiday money into the new year.

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Weeelllllll...consider hanging on to some of your holiday money into the new year.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 month later
    #176 2 years ago

Good morning,

Just thought I'd let folks on this thread know about a newly-released conversation between me and Crispin Jones (Mr. Jones Watches company owner)...

https://mrjoneswatches.com/blogs/design-blog/crispin-jones-in-conversation-with-ryan-claytor

...who interviews me about my watch designs for his company and my new comic book releasing RIGHT NOW:

FB_IMG_1643466268124 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1643466268124 (resized).jpg

...and for the next...not quite 48 hours. Can't wait to share it with you!

www.aHuntersTale.com

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just thought I'd let folks on this thread know about a newly-released conversation between me and Crispin Jones (Mr. Jones Watches company owner)...

Good to hear Ricochet is being re-released! Will be watching for that!

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Good to hear Ricochet is being re-released! Will be watching for that!

Yeah, I'm excited for the reissue, too! Glad to know this watch will be accessible to a wider audience. The first 100 owners had to be PRETTY fast!

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Yeah, I'm excited for the reissue, too! Glad to know this watch will be accessible to a wider audience. The first 100 owners had to be PRETTY fast!

Will there be anything different about the reissue?
    Or is it the exact same as the first run

#180 2 years ago

The real question is If the rerelease is big enough for people to actually buy it without a F5 key mash

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Will there be anything different about the reissue?
    Or is it the exact same as the first run

Yup! There will be some minor differences. I'll be more comfortable discussing them once the watch is officially announced. Speaking of which...

Quoted from Zitt:

The real question is If the rerelease is big enough for people to actually buy it without a F5 key mash

YES! You should be able to purchase this edition of the watch without a problem. The initial release was limited to 100 watches total. Which...as you know...moved awfully quickly. However, since they're reissuing the watch into their available collection, from my understanding, there SHOULD be plenty to go around.

Hope that helps, guys!

#182 2 years ago

Oh, and while I'm here...just gonna...

0day (resized).jpg0day (resized).jpg

...leave that right there for anyone interested in my latest project.

www.aHuntersTale.com

4 weeks later
    #184 2 years ago

How is this different from the earlier "limited" version?

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

How is this different from the earlier "limited" version?

From the posted links above. The 2nd edition lacks the window on the pop bumper, and the 2 playfield inserts, which allowed for viewing the movement working.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The 2nd edition lacks the window on the pop bumper, and the 2 playfield inserts, which allowed for viewing the movement working.

Side by Side Comparison

1st (resized).jpg1st (resized).jpg2nd (resized).jpeg2nd (resized).jpeg
    #187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

From the posted links above. The 2nd edition lacks the window on the pop bumper, and the 2 playfield inserts, which allowed for viewing the movement working.

From ReadyPO's post, it looks like the background image and color was also changed. Hard to tell if other colors were tweaked or if that's just a variation in lighting for the two photos. But from Ryan's earlier comments it sounds like Mr. Jones commonly uses color tweaks to differential LEs from second runs. It is a shame they dropped the "animation" effect on the playfield though, that seemed like a cool feature to me.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

From ReadyPO's post, it looks like the background image and color was also changed. Hard to tell if other colors were tweaked or if that's just a variation in lighting for the two photos. But from Ryan's earlier comments it sounds like Mr. Jones commonly uses color tweaks to differential LEs from second runs. It is a shame they dropped the "animation" effect on the playfield though, that seemed like a cool feature to me.

It's only a tiny detail which isn't noticeable unless looking VERY closely. In some ways the reissue is superior because the artwork and pop numeral is more visible and consistent.

#189 2 years ago

The following changes have been made between the limited edition Ricochet and our permanent release version:

- Dial colour changed from purple to teal/green.
    - Seconds disc has been removed.
    - Pinball machine background colour changed.

#190 2 years ago

So they cost reduced the "permanent release " version by removing seconds and clear parts of the dial.
    Did they also drop the price to compensate?
    I'm pretty disappointed that they made these changes.

#191 2 years ago

Ryan is King of the World right now!
    New comic out, new watch issue. What's next?

(Don't want to jinx him! )

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

So they cost reduced the "permanent release " version by removing seconds and clear parts of the dial.
    Did they also drop the price to compensate?
    I'm pretty disappointed that they made these changes.

I can see how it seems "reduced" but to me, I think the new version is better. The turquoise background provides much better contrast and balance to the other colors - at least to my warped taste. And funny enough the single, sole knock I had about the original version was its "animated playfield.... with a static BALL!". It seemed unnecessary to have those tiny viewing windows, showing ugly grayscale fade in a colorful world, while that ball remained forever trapped in plunge. It IS interesting that they removed the seconds wheel entirely though... original pics didn't make it seem like it was indicating time, just moving around, so I figured that was a normal part of the movement just made visible for kicks (would have been cooler if the seconds dial had numbers that became the pop bumper value). BUT having said that, either design is still awesome and I'm glad this watch is available again. I've been told to "wait", heh heh.

BTW and FWIW: Mr Jones Watches is fantastic to deal with. I bought two watches from them last fall (I actually had Ricochet in my cart and then... got my daughter a gift w/ my limited budget instead!) and oddly enough over the holidays both of them developed issues within a couple weeks of each other. After I explained the problems, they promptly and completely owned the repair procedure, reimbursing all costs... mine ended up with a fluke defect and was replaced; my daughter's movement was also replaced but they took care with the engraved case I made. Both were returned as quickly as they originally shipped, in new packaging to boot. So I'm very pleased overall and look forward to owning another.

#193 2 years ago

OK, just ordered the watch - $365 plus tax, shipping was free. Pound to dollar is about 1.34. The lowest it has been in the last two years was 1.15 but it has been much higher in the more distant past. Got the black leather with white stitching band. I am not really a watch or jewelry wearer so this is kind of a luxury purchase but I was bummed missing out on the limited editions, so I am happy to have this second chance.

I do imagine wearing this will lead to a lot of pinball discussions with people who were sorry they asked about the watch

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I do imagine wearing this will lead to a lot of pinball discussions with people who were sorry they asked about the watch

This is true. I wore a Ricochet to Pinball Expo and I had more questions about that watch than I have had for any other watch I own... combined. It is definitely a conversation starter!

#195 2 years ago

I think you’ll like it. It is extremely eye-catching and high-quality.

#196 2 years ago

How much was the original?

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

How much was the original?

I want to say it was the same price? Maybe it was $345 or something, but definitely in the $300s anyway.

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Got the black leather with white stitching band.

Same combo I ordered last night.
    Metal watch bands just don't feel right to me.

#199 2 years ago

I guess you can’t get the black casing either? Dang!

#200 2 years ago

Well, that was unbelievably quick.

20220304_121811 (resized).jpg20220304_121811 (resized).jpg20220304_122101 (resized).jpg20220304_122101 (resized).jpg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-designs-watch-for-london-based-mr-jones-watches/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.