(Topic ID: 274656)

Ryan Claytor Designs Watch for London-based Mr. Jones Watches

By RyanClaytor

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1646 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1637 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632b (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpg
    119-XV-flat (resized).jpg
    IMG_3185 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    loading-buffering.gif
    Screenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).png
    1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221124-081227 (resized).png
    previewInsta (resized).jpg
    20220708_092403 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is REALLY really cool! Wow. Damn it, I had just about stopped wearing watches..

Ha-ha! Thanks...and sorry.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Edit: Ryan, your friggin watch is sold out !

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...they opened up a waitlist link:
    https://mrjoneswatches.com/products/step-right-up
    If enough folks sign up, they'll reissue it in an UNlimited run. *fingers crossed!!!*

Quoted from epthegeek:

Your wife's favorite isn't "Step Right Up"?

*LOL* ...correction...second favorite.

#52 3 years ago

Ryan,

I just saw this today, August 15. This is fantastic! I'm getting on the wait list now.

Chris

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

This is fantastic!

Thank you!

Quoted from Nevus:

I'm getting on the wait list now.

Fantastic. Thank you, again!

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

ebay.com link » Mr Jones Watches Step Right Up 11 100

I...don't know what to make of this. Ha-ha! Glad it's desirable, but...seems like...a lot.

1 week later
    #55 3 years ago

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpgelephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg

SHORT STORY:
    Please sign up for my quarterly comics email list here:
    http://elephanteater.com/contact

LONG STORY:
    As you may know, in addition to designing the Mr. Jones "Step Right Up" watch, I'm also a comic book artist, most recently released Coin-Op Carnival. During a typical summer convention season, I’ll not only exhibit my work but also collect email addresses to stay in touch with folks who are interested in my art. However, with conventions in 2020 either delayed, canceled, or moved online, gathering new emails for my updates has been slow at best. As I’ve discussed this with people close to me, I’ve also become acutely aware that while I make my best low-pressure attempt to collect email addresses during conventions, I’ve been woefully negligent about asking friends and family if they’d be interested in joining this list.

With all that said, what exactly would you be signing up for, should you decide to join this list? Essentially, I’ll email you about 4x/year (sometimes it’s even less, but on a good year it’s just about four). These updates mention new book releases, public appearances, unreleased behind-the-scenes info, and key events surrounding my artwork. If you decide to join, I promise not to release your information and you’re able to opt out at anytime. Are you interested in seeing an example email? No problem. Click here to see the Summer 2020 update I sent a couple weeks ago:

https://madmimi.com/s/8690d01

In case it wasn’t clear, I’d like to make a push to get more email sign-ups, and I’m trying to make it as easy as possible with this hand-dandy form:

Once you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with an activation link to finalize the process. Occasionally this email will be diverted to your spam/junk folder. Just make sure to:

1. Click the activation link.

~and~

2. Whitelist that email address so future emails are directed to your inbox.

Finally, if you find it in your heart to share this information, I’d really appreciate that, too.

That’s all I’ve got for ya this week. Thanks for your consideration!

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I went with Time Traveller with the black stainless steel band.
    I also like King and King of Spades
    [quoted image]

Conceptually that’s one of the neatest ideas I’ve ever seen.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Conceptually that’s one of the neatest ideas I’ve ever seen.

I like it. It Definitely takes some getting used to. That pic reads 3:10am est

11 months later
    #58 2 years ago

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

tease (resized).pngtease (resized).png

...posted recently on Mr. Jones Watches Instagram.

#59 2 years ago

Awesome Ryan! Excited to see the new piece.

#60 2 years ago

Nice!
    The first one was so cool. I was bummed to have missed out.
    I’ll be watching ( ) for the next one.

#61 2 years ago

Me too! I was sorry to miss the first one as well.

#62 2 years ago

ON SOMETING???

#63 2 years ago

Sweet

#64 2 years ago

Cool!
    Hopefully I can get in on this one, but man, you gotta be quick!!!

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm just gonna leave this right here...
    [quoted image]
    ...posted recently on Mr. Jones Watches Instagram.

tenor (3).giftenor (3).gif
    #66 2 years ago

Pinball watch??? Score reels that flip to show time?? Here’s to hoping, but I’m sure whatever the design is will be awesome!

#67 2 years ago

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback, everyone! Much appreciated. To my surprise, they've announced a release date!

FB_IMG_1628392792076 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1628392792076 (resized).jpg

Best of luck on Thursday!

#68 2 years ago

Can you share where these will be sold on the 12th? I’m sad I missed the last one and would like to get a shot at buying this one.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can you share where these will be sold on the 12th? I’m sad I didn’t miss the last one and would like to get a shot at buying this one.

Yes please! Hoping to not miss out this time. Looks really cool and there is always a spot in my watch box.

#70 2 years ago

I dont have an IG account, did they post what the design is or hints of it earlier?

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can you share where these will be sold on the 12th?

Sure, no problem. They'll be at:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/

Quoted from Mbecker:

did they post what the design is or hints of it earlier?

My new design has not been posted, but they've shared a couple of hints on their IG account. Full reveal this Thursday!

#72 2 years ago

Oh man! Sooo many cool watches! Love the Remember You Will Die one and the Sugar Skull with the date on the teeth! Is yours going to be in the $200's, $300's or $400's range? (I'm gonna have to wait until Thursday to make my choice)

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Sure, no problem. They'll be at:
    https://mrjoneswatches.com/

My new design has not been posted, but they've shared a couple of hints on their IG account. Full reveal this Thursday!

There is a FB 'teaser' picture out there that leave no doubt it is Ryan's work.

#74 2 years ago

Link please....

#77 2 years ago

Nice!!! I guess the launch will actually be A bit different with the time difference in the US- I’m assuming 12am UK launch

#78 2 years ago

Happy to 'help' Ted. Come on out to Expo so I can have Joe Newhart take us both to dinner!

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

There is a FB 'teaser' picture out there that leave no doubt it is Ryan's work.

Thanks for that link, jellikit ! Much appreciated. ...and that teaser should leave no doubt about the watch's subject matter, either!

Quoted from Mbecker:

Nice!!! I guess the launch will actually be A bit different with the time difference in the US- I’m assuming 12am UK launch

Have you seen MJW post about a release time somewhere? If so, link, please.

Quoted from spfxted:

Is yours going to be in the $200's, $300's or $400's range?

I'm under NDA, so I can't say much until launch day, but it will be priced comparably with the other watches they offer.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Yeah, is there a specific time it goes on sale on Thursday in US? Or it is 7p ET on Wednesday/ 12a UK?

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Thanks for that link, jellikit ! Much appreciated. ...and that teaser should leave no doubt about the watch's subject matter, either!

Have you seen MJW post about a release time somewhere? If so, link, please.

I'm under NDA, so I can't say much until launch day, but it will be priced comparably with the other watches they offer.

Nope, just guessing

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Got ya! I signed up to receive notifications for new releases. Can't wait to see it....

#83 2 years ago

Were did you sign up for notifications? Wasn't seeing that on their website.

#85 2 years ago

Thanks

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

Were did you sign up for notifications?

...aaand just as a safe guard, you can also sign up for MY email updates (which I typically send out once every other month) here:

I plan to send out an update to my subscribers the MOMENT I see the watch go live.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

..aaand just as a safe guard, you can also sign up for MY email updates (which I typically send out once every other month) here:

On my way!! Thanks!

#88 2 years ago

Groovy, looking forward to it

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...aaand just as a safe guard, you can also sign up for MY email updates (which I typically send out once every other month) here:
    I plan to send out an update to my subscribers the MOMENT I see the watch go live.

Thanks. I just signed up.

#90 2 years ago

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

E8frOKgXoAMBBSK (resized).jpgE8frOKgXoAMBBSK (resized).jpg
    #91 2 years ago

You're such a tease!

Can't wait to see the full design.

#92 2 years ago

Well I hope the new release isn't *too* cool, because this thread already punched my rainy day fund! I couldn't resist a (need it more than I should admit) reminder to myself (and I couldn't be happier with how MJW honored my request for mainly blues/greens on the dial). And as I'm dealing with the bittersweet emotions of having just dropped my 16yo daughter at college (!?) for her magnet STEM academy, I found a suitable memento to gift her next time she comes home... once I figure out how to engrave it properly...

20210810_202145 (resized).jpg20210810_202145 (resized).jpg

20210810_203007 (resized).jpg20210810_203007 (resized).jpg

Resized_20210810_202847 (resized).jpegResized_20210810_202847 (resized).jpeg

But in all seriousness, I'm eager to see the new "pinball" (or is it more a Bingo?) design, and Congrats, Ryan! I'm intrigued trying to conceive the teaser images into a finished image, that seconds dial has me perplexed for certain.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Well I hope the new release isn't *too* cool, because this thread already punched my rainy day fund! I couldn't resist a (need it more than I should admit) reminder to myself (and I couldn't be happier with how MJW honored my request for mainly blues/greens on the dial). And as I'm dealing with the bittersweet emotions of having just dropped my 16yo daughter at college (!?) for her magnet STEM academy, I found a suitable memento to gift her next time she comes home... once I figure out how to engrave it properly...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    But in all seriousness, I'm eager to see the new "pinball" (or is it more a Bingo?) design, and Congrats, Ryan! I'm intrigued trying to conceive the teaser images into a finished image, that seconds dial has me perplexed for certain.

I saw that number cruncher and almost went for it. Was waiting to see Ryan's full review lol.

#94 2 years ago

Ryan can you tell us if the watch will be a available on the US site?

#95 2 years ago

WE NEEND THE FULL SNEAK PEAK!!

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

You're such a tease!
    Can't wait to see the full design.

Quoted from cait001:

WE NEEND THE FULL SNEAK PEAK!!

Shan't be long now!

Quoted from goingincirclez:

... once I figure out how to engrave it properly...

Did you know Mr. Jones Watches will do custom engraving for you?

Quoted from Nevus:

Ryan can you tell us if the watch will be a available on the US site?

It will! The UK and US sites are exact mirrors of one another. The only difference is that the price of the watches are listed in dollars instead of pounds.

Finally, it looks like Mr Jones Watches put up one final teaser:

ryan (resized).jpgryan (resized).jpg

...see you in the morning, guys!

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Did you know Mr. Jones Watches will do custom engraving for you?

I did! But when I filled in the custom engraving option I realized you get a generic MJW caseback instead of the unique-per-watch one. And it was clear their CNC process would do the engraving which, I appreciate the consistency, but... I'd rather get the properly matched titular caseback for the watch AND engrave it by my own hand so my daughter has a truly personalized keepsake But still very cool that MJW offers the option for folks less, uh, obsessive than I.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I saw that number cruncher and almost went for it. Was waiting to see Ryan's full review lol.

I might have been fished by manufactured FOMO; when I was looking it said they only had "5 remaining" on Number Cruncher and 4 on Black All This. As I was sleeping on it, those numbers decreased by the day and were down to 3 and 2 when I ordered Sunday night. No more stock warnings now! OTOH, I had them in hand by TUESDAY (?!?! holy fast shipping!).

If you do order, try a browser other than Firefox, because for some reason that one would not load the interface to customize bands or engraving, etc. Chrome and Edge did fine.

#98 2 years ago

This means 7am EST, 4am PST:

rich (resized).jpgrich (resized).jpgrich2 (resized).jpgrich2 (resized).jpg
    #99 2 years ago

Great looking watch. I thought I missed out at exactly 7am but it was just the limited number. These won’t last the hour I’d guess.

Congrats Ryan.

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-designs-watch-for-london-based-mr-jones-watches/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.