(Topic ID: 274656)

Ryan Claytor Designs Watch for London-based Mr. Jones Watches

By RyanClaytor

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1646 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1637 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632b (resized).jpg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240317_202623432 (resized).jpg
    119-XV-flat (resized).jpg
    IMG_3185 (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1632 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    loading-buffering.gif
    Screenshot_20230609-201857 (resized).png
    1e856fff-612f-4d65-91d3-e63885e264b1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221124-081227 (resized).png
    previewInsta (resized).jpg
    20220708_092403 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1657285765729 (resized).jpg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 3 years ago

112-V0_Step-right-up_menu.png112-V0_Step-right-up_menu.png

I DESIGNED A WATCH!  AND IT LAUNCHES TODAY from London-based company, Mr. Jones Watches:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/

For those of you who've not clicked through to that link yet, this watch is being released in a limited run of only 100, as you can see from the custom illustrated engraved case back:

Step-right-up_back.pngStep-right-up_back.png

It's called "Step Right Up" and features an old carnival shooting gallery.  The targets allow you to tell the time, and here's how:

StepRightUp-Didactic.gifStepRightUp-Didactic.gif

On Tuesday, I'll elaborate on why and how this release came to fruition.  Until then, best of luck getting your hands on one of the remaining 100 copies. 

#2 3 years ago

That’s really, really cool. I’d never heard of Mr. Jones, but the watches on their website are super neat. I love your design. Congratulations!

#3 3 years ago

This looks really cool, I'm not a watch guy but went ahead and ordered one.

#4 3 years ago

That is awesome! Congrats on the 'score' !

#5 3 years ago

Wow, what a great design. Very cool!

#6 3 years ago

Very nice!

#7 3 years ago

very cool, congrats ryan.

#8 3 years ago

That's awesome!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s really, really cool. I’d never heard of Mr. Jones, but the watches on their website are super neat. I love your design. Congratulations!

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

That is awesome! Congrats on the 'score' !

Quoted from Toasterdog:

Wow, what a great design. Very cool!

Quoted from Insane:

very cool, congrats ryan.

Quoted from jawjaw:

That's awesome!

Thank you so much for all your kind words, everyone!

Quoted from twenty84:

This looks really cool, I'm not a watch guy but went ahead and ordered one.

Ha! So cool, twenty84 !!! You're a lucky duck. They've not been on the market for 2 hours and there are only 8 remaining.

Thanks a bunch, all! This is...just...so humbling. Thank you!

#10 3 years ago

...aaaand they're gone. In less than 2 hours. Wow-wow-wow! Thank you, again, for making this an unbelievable morning for me.

Sincerely,
    Ryan

#11 3 years ago

Yeah, already sold out. Awesome. congrats again.

#12 3 years ago

Wow. Nice. Very unique watch design. Glad it sold out ... now i'm not tempted.
    (I don't wear watches anymore with Cellphones in my pocket) But I might have made an exception here.

#13 3 years ago

Congrats Ryan! Looks like you set a new all-time company record.

Looks great on mesh too!

F837F605-DBE9-450D-93FF-598FE67A9A59 (resized).jpegF837F605-DBE9-450D-93FF-598FE67A9A59 (resized).jpeg
    #14 3 years ago

Wow, that's awesome Congratulations

#15 3 years ago

I'm actually wondering to myself is a unique design with a Pinball flare is warranted.

#16 3 years ago

Somehow incorporate a PF view with pop bumpers or GTB style roto targets maybe

#17 3 years ago

That is such a neat watch! I'm not even a watch guy, and I'm sad I missed out on them. Congrats on making such a cool piece, and congrats on them selling out so fast!

#18 3 years ago

Wow Sold out already!? must have been all that teasing you were doing...Glad I grabbed 79 (birth year) as soon as I saw your post! Can’t wait to get it. Went with black leather white stitching!

#19 3 years ago

Man, I missed it! Way cool though!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

Wow Sold out already!? must have been all that teasing you were doing...Glad I grabbed 79 (birth year) as soon as I saw your post! Can’t wait to get it. Went with black leather white stitching!

That was the number I was going for also, lol. Same reason. I was a few minutes too late, though. Very cool watch.

#21 3 years ago

aww im sorry i wanted 77 but it was taken

#22 3 years ago

Wow, congratulations! Just seeing this now but also see that are gone! : (

PS. Great picture of you by wood rails!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...aaaand they're gone. In less than 2 hours. Wow-wow-wow! Thank you, again, for making this an unbelievable morning for me.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan

I need to get up earlier to check Twitter! Congratulations on the watches selling out so fast.

You should also post the GIF here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-animated-gif-thread/page/160#post-5783470

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Yeah, already sold out. Awesome. congrats again.

Quoted from Zitt:

Wow. Nice. Very unique watch design.

Quoted from LouMatt:

Wow, that's awesome Congratulations

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

That is such a neat watch! I'm not even a watch guy, and I'm sad I missed out on them. Congrats on making such a cool piece, and congrats on them selling out so fast!

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Man, I missed it! Way cool though!

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Wow, congratulations!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Congratulations on the watches selling out so fast.

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate all the support!

Quoted from Zitt:

(I don't wear watches anymore with Cellphones in my pocket) But I might have made an exception here.

Quoted from Insane:

Yeah, already sold out.

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I'm sad I missed out on them.

Quoted from Charliew65:

Wow Sold out already!?

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Man, I missed it!

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was a few minutes too late, though.

Just seeing this now but also see that are gone! : (

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I need to get up earlier to check Twitter!

My gosh, yeah, that was...faster than any of us expected. Now that the dust from yesterday has settled, I'm told that they sold-out in 2 hours and 2 minutes, which, as Nic mentioned, is...

Quoted from NicoVolta:

...a new all-time company record.

mindsplosion.gifmindsplosion.gif

I'm...still coming down off that high. Kind of in disbelief.

All this to say, in silver linings, if you're still interested, they opened up a waitlist link:

https://mrjoneswatches.com/products/step-right-up

If enough folks sign up, they'll reissue it in an UNlimited run. *fingers crossed!!!*

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention...

twenty84 NicoVolta & Charliew65 ...

youdabest.gifyoudabest.gif

>>>THANK YOU!!!<<< for helping to make this such a runaway success. I hope you love your new watches. I have a feeling you'll be happy with them. I've been living with mine for a couple months now and I'm still astounded at the level of craftsmanship the MJW team put into each piece.

#25 3 years ago

So pissed I didn't see this until now. Put my name on the waitlist.

Congrats Ryan. Looks fantastic.

#26 3 years ago

Congratulations Ryan. Beautiful design. How about a special edition with a sound package? Pop gun sounds on the hour.

#27 3 years ago

fastest shipping ever!!!

E1C72AE8-58E4-4C55-8770-4C1DD483B91B (resized).jpegE1C72AE8-58E4-4C55-8770-4C1DD483B91B (resized).jpeg
    #28 3 years ago

Damn. I would have grabbed one of these had I seen it sooner. Looks awesome!

#29 3 years ago

That looks great. I'm on the wait list-

#30 3 years ago

Ryan -

I am in awe of everyting you do. That has to be the coolest watch I have ever seen. I wish i had gotten in on the limited run.

Congrats on the success!!!

Chris

#31 3 years ago

I would have gotten one if my internet wasn't down for 4 days.

#32 3 years ago

I'm not a watch guy, but this is a cool project and a really well executed design Ryan. Looking forward to the story. Congrats!

#33 3 years ago

Looks amazing. Is there a back story how this watch came to be? And is 100 max norm?

#34 3 years ago

Well shit, just found this thread. Lol. Me wondering why they are "already" sold out two days later

#35 3 years ago

On the waiting list!!! Thanks for posting this Ryan and congratulations!

Where was the information first posted?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Well shit, just found this thread. Lol. Me wondering why they are "already" sold out two days later

Yeah, I saw this thread after about 5 hours and they were already sold out.

On the waitlist...

#37 3 years ago

Looks awesome!

#38 3 years ago

Anyone know if the non limited version would be a little cheaper? This is the watch I never knew I wanted, lol. Wish we could've gotten a better heads up, but I'm sure Ryan was under some sort of "keep your mouth closed" contract.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Congrats Ryan. Looks fantastic.

Quoted from DennisDodel:

Congratulations Ryan. Beautiful design.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That looks great.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That has to be the coolest watch I have ever seen.

Quoted from epthegeek:

a cool project and a really well executed design Ryan.

Thanks for posting this Ryan and congratulations!

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Looks awesome!

This is the watch I never knew I wanted, lol.

Just...wow...I don't even know what to say, but...thank you. Seriously. Can't express how much your support means. Sincerely.

Quoted from Charliew65:

fastest shipping ever!!!

Oh my GAWD...they are bonkers, right? They've gotta have the most crazy FedEx contract. Every time I received a prototype throughout the design process, it arrived in Michigan (from the UK) in 24 hours. I wondered what that would look like when it came time for order fulfillment, but it seems as though they must have been working overtime because I've not heard of an order that took longer than a day to arrive. Unbelievable! It's been a pleasure collaborating with a team who is not only creative, but also organized and conscientious. They've been a joy to work with from start to finish.

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Put my name on the waitlist.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I'm on the wait list-

On the waiting list!!!

Quoted from RobertWinter:

On the waitlist...

Awesome! I really hope this will go a long way to convincing the company that a reissue should happen. Thank you, guys!

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn. I would have grabbed one of these had I seen it sooner.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I wish i had gotten in on the limited run.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would have gotten one if my internet wasn't down for 4 days.

Quoted from Friengineer:

Well shit, just found this thread. Lol.

...and I'm sorry folks missed out on the limited run. These moved a lot faster than any of us expected. All this to say, if you missed it above, they opened up a waitlist link:

If enough folks sign up, they'll reissue it in an UNlimited run. *fingers crossed!!!*

Quoted from pinballdork:

And is 100 max norm?

Yes, it's kinda their typical business model these days. Release a limited run of 100, see how it does, if demand is great enough then reissue.

Anyone know if the non limited version would be a little cheaper?

From what I've seen, they keep their prices quite consistent. LE's and Standard runs function (and by and large LOOK), exactly the same. So I've not seen price fluctuation between LE's and reissues. From all my experiences with them, they're really a very thoughtful and conscientious company. I'm proud to be associated with them.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Looking forward to the story.

Quoted from pinballdork:

Is there a back story how this watch came to be?

Yeah, ha-ha! I know this seems a little out-of-the-blue for me. On Tuesday, I'll post the whole story of how this came to be on my website:

www.ElephantEater.com

Where was the information first posted?

It was first released on their website, but within seconds I was posting to my email list subscribers, on my website, social media accounts, Pinside, etc. My email list was timed to release pretty much the second the announcement went live on the MJW website. If you're interested in jumping on my update list (I send out emails roughly 4 times a year. It mentions things like my public appearances...back in the before times ...as well as new projects coming out, like Coin-Op Carnival, my comics, neon design, and now watches), then feel free to shoot me a private message with an email address you'd like me to add.

I'm sure Ryan was under some sort of "keep your mouth closed" contract.

You're darn tootin' I was. Ha-ha! I even asked if I could give my readers (email subscribers) a heads-up a day before so they'd have a better chance of getting one. I was told, "Absolutely not!" Ha-ha! ...which is totally fair. But, as I mentioned, I did let my email list know seconds after the watch was live on the MJW website.

Hope this answers a few questions, guys. Thanks, again for all your support.

Finally, if any of you managed to nab one, I'd love to get a picture of you wearing it. I'm putting together an art book and would like to make a collage of folks with these watches. If you're willing, please contact me.

Take care, all!
    -Ryan

#40 3 years ago

ClaytorWorking2020_HighRes (resized).jpgClaytorWorking2020_HighRes (resized).jpg

Remember on Thursday when I was like, "Hey, I designed a watch!"

...and you were like, "Wait, what?"

...then I was like, "No, really!"

...and you were all, "Okay, I guess?"

Well, here's the story of how it all came to be:

http://elephanteater.com/15036/wait-a-watch

#41 3 years ago

Awesome story. Great to see how it came about. Maybe your other designs will be the next collaboration. Congrats again.

#42 3 years ago

Great story Ryan! Congrats again on such an interesting project and amazing final result!

#43 3 years ago

I L O V E Mr. Jones watches. I’ve been meaning to get “The Accurate” watch for sometime but have been spending too much money on pinball Very cool!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #44 3 years ago

Congratulations Ryan! I’ve enjoyed your art via Pinside and your entertaining Swinger restoration thread. I myself have a oddball watch collection ranging from G-Shocks (tough everyday and surfing), the not so common single hand watches and a few Omegas. I loved the jump hour design and have always wanted a Mr. Jones watch. I’m on the wait list with fingers crossed! Congratulations again!

#45 3 years ago

Missed out on Step Right Up
    I'm on the wait list. Really love the look of that watch!
    While I was looking, I found a few other watches that I really liked. I ordered one on Aug 6 and it arrived today! Really happy with it. And Fast and FREE SHIPPING

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Awesome story. Great to see how it came about.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Great story Ryan! Congrats again on such an interesting project and amazing final result!

Quoted from wayinla:

Congratulations again!

Thanks so much, guys!

Quoted from Insane:

Maybe your other designs will be the next collaboration.

*fingers crossed*

Quoted from ruralcollector:

I L O V E Mr. Jones watches.

ME TOO!!! I think I have about 5 of them now. *LOL*

Also, I see a 000/100 on that caseback. Looks like you got yourself a prototype! Neat!

Quoted from wayinla:

I’m on the wait list with fingers crossed!

Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I'm on the wait list. Really love the look of that watch!

Cool. Thank you for doing that. Sincerely.

Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I ordered one on Aug 6 and it arrived today!

OH COOL!!! Please post which one you got! So many great designs from their company.

In other news...

podcastClaytorJones (resized).jpgpodcastClaytorJones (resized).jpg

Mr. Jones Watches released a podcast interview with me today. We talk about my career as a comic book artist, a university professor, my recent work designing neon signs, oh yeah...and a watch I designed for them.

Podcast:
    https://mrjoneswatches.com/blogs/podcast/episode-eight-interview-with-ryan-claytor

Watch:

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Please post which one you got! So many great designs from their company.

I went with Time Traveller with the black stainless steel band.
    I also like King and King of Spades

45-L6-Time_Traveller-stand-menu_900x (resized).jpg45-L6-Time_Traveller-stand-menu_900x (resized).jpg
    #48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

I went with Time Traveller with the black stainless steel band.
    I also like King and King of Spades
    [quoted image]

That's my wife's favorite! I have a feeling that'll make it's way under the xmas tree for her this year.

#49 3 years ago

This is REALLY really cool! Wow. Damn it, I had just about stopped wearing watches..

Edit: Ryan, your friggin watch is sold out !

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

That's my wife's favorite! I have a feeling that'll make it's way under the xmas tree for her this year.

Your wife's favorite isn't "Step Right Up"?

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-designs-watch-for-london-based-mr-jones-watches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.