Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

canon28112017 005 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20171127_213044245 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

What would you do to clean these up? Remove and put in new staples or shine the staples and area up with a dremel brush? Shine up the light socket rusted areas with a dremel brush too?

This is from drinks being spilled over the years on the backbox. Should there be concern about the rust seeping into the wood?

Note: I want to preserve the original "patina" of this 60+ year old game as much as possible. I don't want to sand the wood like new but I am reluctantly willing to replace the light sockets and wire braid (is that what you call it?) if they need to be replaced. (Clay does explain how to fix the sockets by re-soldering the wire to the tip of the socket. Is this a viable solution here after cleaning the sockets first?)

(Please let me know if this is the right place to ask this question?)
    Thanks,
    Bruce

IMG_20171127_213044245 (resized).jpgIMG_20171127_213044245 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Bruce-I would use a wire brush in a dremel to clean up those sockets including the staples

Wayne-Which wire brush would you use for this? I think the brass brushes are softer than the steel wire brushes and I can stop by HF after work to buy some if need?

Thanks,
    Bruce

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Think of it as a rust remover, water activated on a brush.

Interesting product. It looks like there would be some use for it. I don't think I would use it for the staples though, don't want the wood to get wet.

Bruce

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rusted-staples-and-light-sockets?tu=PinballFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.