Rush Features (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
32B0F425-B89E-4DE8-9030-611F0546F61D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220107-225242_YouTube (resized).jpg
Ramp (resized).JPG
Elvira (resized).JPG
aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You’ll never regret buying the best version and will eventually forget about the extra 2K.

Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks for all the repsonses. What are the historical trends for when pros are shipped comapred to premiums? Would it be a much longer wait?

I'm typically a "Premium" customer...looking for the best playing experience, don't care about exclusivity.

That said, Stern has been really stingy with building Premiums lately (started with JP2 I believe). I've called a couple distributors and they can't get me into the first Premium "run", which sucks. This never use to happen! Now that they've moved from 500->1000 LE's (over the years), they'd prefer building LE's with the extra margin. Unfortunately, Premium units are getting squeezed big-time. Sucks.

I REALLY like Spooky's build model where the customers decide how many of each model gets built.

I do prefer the Pro art package over the Premium/LE. The band logo isn't very exciting and it's already on the backbox!

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m not fan of hearsay, but many have said that J Borg designs the Pro and adds for the Prem/LE.
His Pros in the past have been fantastic.
Full disclosure, I'm getting an LE. I wouldn’t even think about it if it was a financial issue. I’d be totally happy with a Pro!
More is not always better.

I have a Metallica Pro and never felt short changed at all. In fact, I didn't like the Premium ball locking mechanism and like the kinetics of the captive ball on the Pro.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

For me, it's not about justifying my purchase of the Pro, it's a little more about how I believe that the Pro is the best looking, it stood out in immediately in my eyes compared to the 3 as the best overall choice when all things considered.. art, design physics, value. Value is a big one, yes, I could switch to a Premium right now, money isn't that much of a concern but that means I'd be giving up the art, still no expression lighting, getting the game later, many reasons. Just something to think about.. I woke up to this ad on Facebook this morning. How does this feel to you?! Good for the hobby? We can decide. Pro model is for professionals, I'll let the beginner's fall for & sort out what's limited. Maybe Stern can put out a true Collector's Edition and cancel the Premium & LE's entirely, leave the order open for a week & for all that want one & if you miss out? then too bad, that's enough time, 1 day is ridiculous. Are games really limited? If so, why are we still able to buy Pro's & Premiums on day 3? They take up the same amount of wood, effort, space in the factory, etc. etc. That's my rant for this morning. Good Luck! [quoted image]

Yep. I agree that the Pro is the best looking.

I started buying Stern NIB games in 2004 (LOTR, TSPP). I've never been fond of the Pro/Premium/LE "model", but now it's being used/abused given the COVID spike in pinball sales. I really love Spooky's model...announce how many games you are building, define the "models", and let the customers decide how many of each get's built. Customer friendly.

Went to Pinball Dudes yesterday, my local distributor down the road (~3 miles). They will apparently be selling many of their LE's to the highest bidder on eBay. Back in 2020, I sold them my Star War LE for $7,500! They flipped it on eBay and made a considerable profit. You'd think that gesture would buy me some credibility to purchase a Rush Premium or LE from them?! Nope. When the hobby becomes so "cut throat", it stops being fun. I'm all for distributors making a good buck, but c'mon. Sigh. Fortunately, I love my current lineup and have no problem being patient...in the end, the only reason to ever deal with a distributor is time. Eventually, these games will be for sale on Pinside. For example, just picked up a GNRLE for 2k less than NIB. I'll let the FOMO crowd get hustled by distributors selling their allocation to the highest bidders...

#87 2 years ago

Man, after watching 30 minutes of the Twitch stream playing the Premium, looks like the Pro will rock (the Premium VUK/wireform looks & feels like an afterthought). Was struck by the lack of callouts since I know they recorded a ton...guess the software has to play catch-up?

I've owned/loved a lot of Borg games and I'm a little disappointed by the lack of anything new/exciting on Rush considering the high prices. Looks like a kinder, gentler TRON layout/vibe. Hard to believe NIB Rush Premium will cost roughly the same as a resale GNRLE (which I just picked up with 1k mods for 9.5k), and they are nearly impossible to get. Still warming up to the GNR ruleset/scoring, but in terms of concert vibe and "experience", Rush doesn't compare.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

It's almost like we are so brainwashed by fomo that some aren't even able to appreciate the game and really look at what's great about it.

Yep. I've only liked one Stern LE that made sense to me...TRON LE (before there was a Premium).

Stern will no doubt continue to milk the lemmings...keep on increasing the number of LE's and decrease the number of Premium's. Why not? In fact, wouldn't be surprised if they eventually discontinue Premiums entirely...why bother if you make so few?

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Yep, they were really trying to push that Premium yesterday! This I know.
Here’s my Tron LE.. trust me, there are Le’s selling out there for $25k and I’d never sell this Pro. LOL [quoted image]

Hey, we have similar tastes Here is my TRON "LE". I actually sold me real TRON LE last year when I consolidated my lineups. This one has nicer chrome (with a chrome apron and the Eli ramps are just as nice as the real "LE". The LE specific multi-ball was cool but half-baked...don't miss it at all.

IMG_0216 (resized).jpegIMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
#114 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

What is a heavily modded pro like that worth these days? I'm thinking of selling mine very soon. Lots of mods on it. I'm in on a Rush premium and some other titles to be delivered in the coming months. Gotta make some room for them.

38 pins and having a space problem I don't really track the market closely, but I'd imagine a heavily modded, really pristine TRON Pro in today's market would go for 8-10k. I've had 3 TRON's (2 Pro's), and this one is the sweetest...will never be sold.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Why do I like Metallica so much?-because the unique 3 bank stand-ups, unique bash toy and smooth as butter metal ramps(Metallica is a dream to play). I will need to get some time on RUSH but I am not seeing any major features that will keep my interest long term(hoping I am wrong and it has an addicting one more game feeling).

Nice post...couldn't agree more with your perspective.

I still play my Metallica Pro a lot. While Rush looks like a great shooting pin, everything else about it looks "meh" (except the license/music, of course). I plan on getting a Pro, but really don't think it will have the staying power of my other 2 Borg music pins with old school dots/displays (MET, KISS). The more Stern focuses on wiz bang LCD graphics, the less they appear to be focusing on PF mechs. Not the right trade-off IMHO. And now that Pro's are the prices of Premium's, it's frankly hard to stomach. My JP2 Premium was 7k and the MSRP for Rush Pro is $6,899.

4 months later
#216 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nice post...couldn't agree more with your perspective.
I still play my Metallica Pro a lot. While Rush looks like a great shooting pin, everything else about it looks "meh" (except the license/music, of course). I plan on getting a Pro, but really don't think it will have the staying power of my other 2 Borg music pins with old school dots/displays (MET, KISS). The more Stern focuses on wiz bang LCD graphics, the less they appear to be focusing on PF mechs. Not the right trade-off IMHO. And now that Pro's are the prices of Premium's, it's frankly hard to stomach. My JP2 Premium was 7k and the MSRP for Rush Pro is $6,899.

Oops, I went from "going Pro" to LE when a local collector buddy offered me his NIB LE #797 for ~MSRP.

With the exception of the bondo and rusty balls, the pin looks/plays great. Fast & flowy.

Is there a physical ball lock on this game? Looks like it, but I never seem to get any locked in the subway. I heard about some revised switch that Stern released? Does it fix the subway ball lock? Thanks for any info!

IMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-vs-premium?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.