Rush Features (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
32B0F425-B89E-4DE8-9030-611F0546F61D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220107-225242_YouTube (resized).jpg
Ramp (resized).JPG
Elvira (resized).JPG
aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago

I was 100% getting a premium as Rush is my all time favorite band. I ordered a pro as I can't afford the LE.

1. I prefer the art on the body of the pro
2. Most of the game is the same, nothing major missing
3. More room for toys, the clock doesn't do that much anyway

I plan on adding a shaker, lights, topper and a couple of washing machines when someone makes them .

#21 2 years ago

This is the image I wish was on the pro but still happy with what's there -

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#54 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

My dealer (Fun!) told me there is a first run of Pros for the operators. Then a run of LEs and another run of Pros available in February and then Premiums in April.

Same story - He said don't freak out if you see a Pro at your local pinball spot before you get yours, the operators get priority.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Pro art is best
LE pretty good
Premium - WTF

I actually like the LE art best but I just can't afford it.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Got yourself an opportunity there for an alternate translight.
Excellent photo

I meant more on the side but ya.. That's possible for sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pro.
Premium without expression lights?
Extra features are not must have.
That said, would go for LE if money no object.
Looks sweet and real backglasses are so much better than the thin translites Stern uses.

Really odd that they didn't add a bit more to premium like expression lights or another mech toy.

I'd definitely go LE if I could afford.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

Thanks for the advice! I would definitely want the upgraded lights.
Where do I pre-order? From the company I'm ordering the pinball from or from Stern directly? Is there a link you can share?
Thanks!

Call Jerry at Player One in Toronto.

Player One is the distributor for Stern in Ontario.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I’m loving all the the “new to pinball” contributors to this thread. I didn’t see this when I bought Led Zeppelin. For whatever reason, Rush is converting fans into pinball.

I think this is the idea with Rock pins, if you are a passionate fan good chance you will want a Rush pin and then maybe if you get one, you will want another after that

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its all personal preference. There's A LOT of monies to be spent in the pinball world.
Expression lights looks pretty stipud to me, but some people like them.
Shakers shake the machine at diff'rent times, some people like it and works better in some games than others.
I've never once thought "man this machine isn't loud enough," but other people upgrade speakers and easier add subs to them
You never know until you try; & there are no set rules. Other than I would advise being new balls for your new machine. Although some people don't

I'm definitely getting a shaker and subwoofer but I will wait on the expression lights for now. Don't want to over do it.

1 week later
#184 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

I ordering the Pro my first new pin

Congrats!

My first new also.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#188 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

anyone know where you can order the Expression Lights

Nothing yet but my plan was to order. They looked good on DFs demo.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Anyone checking out Rush Pro Stream. Watched a 13 year old kid blow up the machine with a ridiculous 25 minute ball 1. Crazy good player. After watching the stream, I feeling really good about going with the Pro. I don't think I'm missing much at all in buying the Pro over the Premium.
The one thing that made me have a twinge of regret was the deadend shot with no VUK and no wireform return. However, the dead-end shot on the Pro is pretty intense, the ball screams back to the right flipper in the blink of an eye.

That kid blew me away - was not expecting that!

I love love love how good he is - the future of pinball is bright!

1 week later
#195 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I got some good time on a Pro and was pleasantly surprised on how fun the game is. I was concerned about the re-hashed Borg layout and feeling cookie cutter. I don't know how he does it but the game feels like no other game and stands alone. Reminds me of when I bought Guardians and was concerned about it being too similar to Metallica. I have them side by side and they play nothing alike.
One thing I forgot about was how much I really enjoy RUSH music. I was also surprised by the number of great song choices. The flow is great and the layout and shots are fun to shoot.
-My only complaint was playing this game on location in a loud bar where I literally had to lean over to hear what song was being played. All I could think about was what a shame it was not to experience the game the way it should be experienced. This game screams to be in the home-cranked up! I really can't stand music pins in loud bars-it's like what's the point? I also did not care for the amount of wear on scoops with low plays. What is Stern doing? Seriously do they even beta test anymore? Those thin cliffy's on scoops are a joke and if they did any beta testing whatsoever they would have seen the huge failures early on. I do appreciate the fact that they are stepping up to try and protect wear spots but they should have partnered with Cliffy or something? I had a discussion about this with an operator and that Stern should have used a Mantis protector(I truly believe Mantis is the way to go). The problem with those scoops may be the width and not enough room for a Mantis? Ideally you want to put some kind of Mantis in both scoops or they are going to get torn up super quick. The one I played already had generic cliffy all bent up and other one was off and scoop looked like it was getting mangled bad even with mylar. Because of the design and layout with scoops-someone will need to come up with a good solution for long term protection.
I have not had the opportunity to play the Premium/LE but can just say that the Pro in no slouch and really gives you some bang for your buck. If you are on the fence with this title get some time on it-it is a really fun game and the music ROCKS!

Thank you for posting this - I appreciate it.

I keep second guessing my decision to buy a pro but your comment definitely puts my mind at ease. Very excited to get my machine.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No worries-it really is a fun game and shoots well
One thing I would do is to make sure and find a protective solution for the scoops before playing too many games. I have a feeling Cliffy will be churning out scoop protectors like soft serve. Someone may check if wide enough for Mantis? Only other gripe is the qr reader and the center pf art. I also would get a Polk Psw10 lined up for sound from Amazon-then crank it up!

Funny you say this - I have a Klipsch woofer ready to go. Also have a Stern shaker motor and a Stern play field cover waiting.

Really hoping they have the scoop issue fixed out of my box.

#201 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am not a fan of playfield covers. In my opinion they are way overkill and a waste. The only way I would consider installing one is if I was an operator about to place a machine in a very high trafficked area. If it is for the home-you would need 10,000+ plays for it to show a value. Most homeowners put maybe a couple hundred games a year on and eventually sell or trade down the line. Sorry for my rant but I think the overlays are overkill for HUO and are meant for heavy usage on location. Skip the overlay and just wax and put some mylar down for potential wear spots(rant over).

Well.. I have a dusty basement and I think they look pretty classy. Probably overkill to keep the glass clean but it's my first NIB and I want to take care of it.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha. It seems maybe you are talking aboot a pinball cover on the outside of the machine, and he's talking aboot a playfield protector inside of the machine.

I thought maybe that was the case..

3 months later
#219 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Buying a stern LE these days is like buying a prototype, sample, or red board machine. Early builds, everything is constantly changing, who knows what you’ll get… That being said, I’d take a Prem/LE version of pretty much any game over a pro.
More features = more to look at = more fun
Ymmv…

I've played both, I don't find the Rush premium any more fun than the pro and the extra features are not very substantial.

Definitely zero regrets buying the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-vs-premium?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.