Rush Features (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
32B0F425-B89E-4DE8-9030-611F0546F61D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220107-225242_YouTube (resized).jpg
Ramp (resized).JPG
Elvira (resized).JPG
aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago

Here is a list of the things that the Premium has over the Pro. I ranked the additional features on what I would value from an enjoyment factor and placed a dollar value on each as if I could buy each one as an upgrade... what might I pay.

1. VUK to wireform - $400
2. Motorized ramp and lighting effects - $300
3. Secret double-up post ball lock behind stand-ups - $300
4. Powder coated Apron - $150 Premium apron is WAY better looking IMO
5. Motorized clock/drum - $150
6. Ball lock post system - $100 - not really sure what value this adds to gameplay
7. Subway kicks out of both scoops instead of one - $100
8. Red, white and blue GI lighting (versus red and white only) - "meh" - depends on if there is code that takes advantage of 3 colors versus just a different colored LED.

So... $1,500 worth of additional features for the low, low cost of $2,100. For now, my order is still for a Pro. I'll be anxious to see the stream of game play to see if my opinion changes.

In the end, I have other hobbies. $2,100 can buy a lot of new gear for my home recording studio.

#51 2 years ago

My dealer (Fun!) told me there is a first run of Pros for the operators. Then a run of LEs and another run of Pros available in February and then Premiums in April.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Always amazed at the length some people go to validate their decision to others.

That is literally the point of this thread. $2k is a lot of money to me. I’ve got other wants and needs. I’ve been wanting a new synth for $1500. I’m going to get far more enjoy out of a new synth than the VUK and a ramp that rises up and down.

Rational and financially responsible people do this kind of thing. Idiots and poor people say things like “just go for it” or “you should always buy the best.”

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, after watching 30 minutes of the Twitch stream playing the Premium, looks like the Pro will rock (the Premium VUK/wireform looks & feels like an afterthought). Was struck by the lack of callouts since I know they recorded a ton...guess the software has to play catch-up?

It takes a while for the code to get to complete. KISS took a couple years to get all of the callouts. After watching the stream, the code looks pretty good at launch. I'm in on a Pro.

Where I would like see finishing touches would be in the Expression light shows. More synchronization to Rush's music please!

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

Hello Everyone!
This is my first post. I'm a life long Rush fan but new to the world of pinball. Like many I'm trying to decide between the Pro and Premium. For me price is a factor, but wouldn't want to go Pro and regret it later.
Thanks!

Welcome. I’m a huge Rush fan and been in the hobby 5 years. I doubt you’ll regret the Pro. Pros are alway fun and usually have less maintenance issues. 99% of the time, the rules are the same. For example, Borg’s KISS Premium has a physical 3 ball lock, while the KISS Pro has a virtual lock in software. It’s slightly cooler to see the multiball shoot out of the Demons head but it adds almost nothing to the game experience and it’s one less complex mech to break on the Pro.

Especially for a newer player, you’re going to be discovering new things to do for months or years to come. The rules look deep with a lot of things to do. There will be a bunch of cool mods for your Pro so you can really go crazy if that’s your thing.

If money is no object, by all means get the Premium.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

I have decided to go with the Pro because of the art and use the money I saved to add a few modifications in the future (didn't know you could do this until I started reading this forum).
All 3 machines look fantastic and you can't go wrong with either one!

One other point... you ARE going to want to buy the Expression Lighting accessory so make sure that you factor that into your budget. Also, it sounds like there is a lot of people waiting on their expression kit so you might want to get on the list now.

You are going to be absolutely giddy with the Pro. If for some reason you decide you want a Prem or LE in the future, you'll be able to sell your Pro get one. There will be people that are not Rush fans that bought one and, sooner or later, they'll sell their Rush to make room for the next, latest, greatest theme.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Is Stern already taking orders for this light kit for Rush?

No, on my dealer's wait list.

#168 2 years ago

I think the inverse is true... an awesome pinball machine might cause some non-fan pinballers to love Rush. There are a lot of people discovering Rush for the first time on Youtube.

Go look up "rush reactions" on youtube. For these reaction channels, Pink Floyd and Rush seem to be the two most popular "discoveries." So much fun to see these younger people's minds explode as they take in Rush ear candy for the first time. Here is one compilation of people discovering Rush! This will put a smile on your Rush-loving face!

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno why, but they've become my Covid guilty pleasure

Me too. It's fun watching someone discover music from the 70s and 80s or watch a classic, like "Airplane," for the first time.

2 weeks later
#189 2 years ago

Anyone checking out Rush Pro Stream. Watched a 13 year old kid blow up the machine with a ridiculous 25 minute ball 1. Crazy good player. After watching the stream, I feeling really good about going with the Pro. I don't think I'm missing much at all in buying the Pro over the Premium.

The one thing that made me have a twinge of regret was the deadend shot with no VUK and no wireform return. However, the dead-end shot on the Pro is pretty intense, the ball screams back to the right flipper in the blink of an eye.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-vs-premium?tu=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.