Rush Features (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
32B0F425-B89E-4DE8-9030-611F0546F61D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220107-225242_YouTube (resized).jpg
Ramp (resized).JPG
Elvira (resized).JPG
aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

I had a tough time with this as well but this is how I approached it and went PRO.

Here is how I viewed this
1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
3- time machine still functions same minus ramp, who cares...
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
5 - the vuk is really the one big item you miss out on
Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

Really boils down to art, couldn’t get past the bland premium art package and only real measurable item from a gameplay perspective is the vuk but the mode will still be there on a pro so it just wasn’t worth 2k+ for the wire form.

Good luck and really can’t go wrong either way!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

This is the image I wish was on the pro but still happy with what's there -
[quoted image]

I think that is exactly the look they went with but 1970’s vintage RUSH in a cartoon style.

I’m good with it as is, need to fix the headstock on right side of cab though!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pro
- magnet time machine with illuminated ramp
- ramp with diverter
- opto spinner
- two scoops with subway
- three drops with hidden target
- three flippers
It’s a decently loaded game with fantastic assets
To me, the only loss is the vuk vs dead end shot, honestly I’d rather that be a ramp than a vuk
The ramp going up/down seems completely pointless, and having 1 vs 2 scoops be able to shoot out also seems arbitrary. The lock behind the drops is cool but from a gameplay perspective the hidden target achieves a similar thing

Pretty sure both ramps can be diverted in either direction as well.

You really do get a lot for a pro.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks for all the repsonses. What are the historical trends for when pros are shipped comapred to premiums? Would it be a much longer wait?

Might see a pro end of month early feb. I was told premium lucky by April.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#48 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Melissa from Cointaker said they will possibly have premiums in the second run they get sometime in late January. Could this be correct? Seems incredibly early to get a premium.
Haven't ever had this hard of decision for a game. Seems like it should be easy, but I keep going back and forth every hour haha.

January seems very early for a premium unless they already have a lot of games made.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

My dealer (Fun!) told me there is a first run of Pros for the operators. Then a run of LEs and another run of Pros available in February and then Premiums in April.

Exactly what my distributor told me as well.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

What a roller coaster! Put a deposit down for the Pro feeling really good about it, the playfield is near identical! I did prefer the art package on the premium (personal preference), and started to worry more and more about missing some of the features down the road (but not the money, like someone else said). So I bit the bullet and switched to premium. I'm still slightly conflicted about it, the Pro is often more reliable with simpler mechs... but Premium it is for now!
It's never been so hard to decide than on this one. Not sure why. Maybe because I'm a huge Rush fan?

I think it’s simply because Borg has a history of making good pro models. There is a lot in this pro. Your right though, it’s usually much easier to decide which model to pick.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Honestly don’t think it’s quite as simple with this one. Like it was mentioned earlier the ramp shot when down creates a dead end shot, and the vuk/drop lock could in theory slow the game down a lot and aren’t really theme integrated “toys”. Like maiden, I think it’s possible that the pro is the flat out better game. Obviously TBD but I feel really good about this pro.

Tim pretty much says this on the insider podcast. The vuk and double ejecting scoops slow the game down for a nice return to flipper. I think the pro is going to be lightning fast with flow. I like flow and aside from the music on LZ it’s a big part of why I love that game so much.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#88 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:Man, after watching 30 minutes of the Twitch stream playing the Premium, looks like the Pro will rock (the Premium VUK/wireform looks & feels like an afterthought). Was struck by the lack of callouts since I know they recorded a ton...guess the software has to play catch-up?
I've owned/loved a lot of Borg games and I'm a little disappointed by the lack of anything new/exciting on Rush considering the high prices. Looks like a kinder, gentler TRON layout/vibe. Hard to believe NIB Rush Premium will cost roughly the same as a resale GNRLE (which I just picked up with 1k mods for 9.5k), and they are nearly impossible to get. Still warming up to the GNR ruleset/scoring, but in terms of concert vibe and "experience", Rush doesn't compare.

That center ramp doesn’t move much either and I’m not seeing much of an impact when down.

I think the Pro is going to be blistering fast and notice the back drop? F’ing pro backglass!

#91 2 years ago

Does floor of ramp light on pro?

I know on premium it has floor and the side walls appear to light as well.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

From the video on the website of the Pro, the floor lights which is all that's needed for gameplay. The sides don't but it appears the ramp material is good quality, not plastic, it's etched and looks great.
[quoted image]

Agree if the floor lights that’s perfect, someone on stream said no and didn’t sound right.

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

This is an example of a 3d printed ramp that could be molded into the standup to start the ball toward an added 180⁰ ramp that can be custom made to send the ball back to the inner inlane, thus achieving the same outcome as the vuk just less the coil! And the target sensor would be made when the ball rolls up the 3d printed ramp entry thats resting against the standup target.[quoted image]

If you can make this or source someone to do it, I want one. It’s the only thing the pro doesn’t have that is of any value to me.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Disclosure, I am in for my first and probably only LE ever. However, choosing between a pro and premium looks very tough. I firmly believe either model will be an exceptional choice. Here is where I'd give the nods.
Cost/Value - Pro
Backglass Art - Premium
Cab Art - Pro
Art Overall - Tie (value to Pro)
The Drum Clock - Premium. Great light show!
The mechanical bridge - Pro. But lights are cool on the floor of the bridge of the Premium.
Upkicker & Ramp - Premium. Extra ramp runs a long distance. Makes the PF look very stacked.
2 Ball Staging - Premium. The expanded rules help the Premium.
No Expression lights - Pro. This hurts the Premium's value.
Considering the cost difference, I think the value is recouped in the Pro. The biggest loss from Premium to Pro is losing the drum clock. It was way cooler than I imagined. Overall, I think I'd get the Pro and add the expression lights, shaker, sound, and more.

The floor of the pro static magnet ramp is illuminated too. Someone posted a photo and verified in matrix.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Yes that is true. I meant to reference the sides of the ramp being lit up rather than the floor.
[quoted image]

I could care less about the sides, I’m sure that would be a simple mod if someone really felt the need for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-vs-premium?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.