Rush Features (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
32B0F425-B89E-4DE8-9030-611F0546F61D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220107-225242_YouTube (resized).jpg
Ramp (resized).JPG
Elvira (resized).JPG
aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 2 years ago

I really don't mean to clog the forums up with more Rush topics, but I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to go with the pro or premium. Rush is a dream theme so I feel obligated to get the best version (obtainable), but I am back and forth over the extra 2k. I much prefer the art over the pro strangely, so that is a big factor. What would you recommend?

#2 2 years ago

I am going pro. There are definitely difference in this game that make it a more difficult choice, but I honestly have not been let down by any Pros of recent and this $9000 price tag for premiums is just crazy.

#3 2 years ago

Not including the expression lights with the premium was also a huge let down. I'd get the premium immediately if they had put that in.

I could get a pro, expression lights, a shaker, and mods for 1k less. Certain things are stopping me though like the lack of VUK. Hard choice!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Not including the expression lights with the premium was also a huge let down. I'd get the premium immediately if they had put that in.
I could get a pro, expression lights, a shaker, and mods for 1k less. Certain things are stopping me though like the lack of VUK. Hard choice!

Agreed. I’m going with the pro with all the add ons listed above. If expression lights were included in the premium, I probably would have gone with that

#5 2 years ago

I never get the Pro. I would hate knowing I don’t have the whole game. It’s premium or nothing here. In the case of this game, nothing. Maybe used someday.

#6 2 years ago

I have the premium on order, but after seeing the pics of the game pro looks like the way to go.

#7 2 years ago

I absolutely love the Pro. This collaboration between the guys (assets) so many songs, I don't believe you can go wrong with either of them. The Pro backbox art with the large owl that matches the bottom of the playfield is gonna look so cool in the lineup. The clock is not tied in with code, I'm 100% sure they'll be perfect mod for it. The VUK ramp is cool but I'm fine with having a clearer view of the playfield and the ball in play a bit more, it will be faster. I chose to save a few thousand on this one as I could live without those features but your choice. The full experience for me will be the sound, callouts & taunts all of which is the same on either model, that will be the band, the RUSH experience for me as a Fan. What a great pin this is going to be!

#8 2 years ago

I’m going Pro as well but it’s not a dream theme for me. See what Jack
demonstrates on Friday’s livestream to help make your decision. If you can financially swing it, go Premium. I’m guessing it’s easier to move to a Pro from a Premium if you feel differently later on.

#9 2 years ago

You’ll never regret buying the best version and will eventually forget about the extra 2K.

#10 2 years ago

I'm not buying Rush but I think the Pro is the way to go. Add a shaker, external sub, and the Expression lighting and flip away!

#11 2 years ago

I went with the LE for a variety of reasons (one of them NOT being black gloss powdercoat, yawn!) but this does seem like one of those Sterns where the pro/prem difference is minimal.

#12 2 years ago

Pro looks good. Kinda like TMNT where the pro doesn’t lose too much. If you need to save cash go with a pro.

#13 2 years ago

If this is truly a dream theme for you, go big or go home is what i say. Make a few sacrifices here and there, learn to appreciate ramen noodles and you’ll make up the 2k in no time.

#14 2 years ago

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

Nice

#16 2 years ago

Always buy the best you can afford, no regrets that way. Nothing wrong with any of these 3 tiers, all are great.

#17 2 years ago

Thanks for all the comments. I am really starting to consider premium simply because it has been my dream to have a rush pin ever since I got into the hobby, and I couldn't stand to know I wasn't getting every possible ounce of enjoyment I could be. I'd likely beat myself up for not just shelling out the extra 2k.

I was so close to choosing just the pro and adding mods, but I have recently decided that almost every mod is purely cosmetic. Still really disappointed they chose to not put the expression lighting on the premium. Another $500 I'll have to spend. $9,500 is crazy, I hope I don't regret it! (I probably won't)

#18 2 years ago

Depends on your financial situation, to some 2 grand is a large portion of their income - and others make more than that in a day
If money doesn't matter, go with the premium.

#19 2 years ago

I had a tough time with this as well but this is how I approached it and went PRO.

Here is how I viewed this
1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
3- time machine still functions same minus ramp, who cares...
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
5 - the vuk is really the one big item you miss out on
Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

Really boils down to art, couldn’t get past the bland premium art package and only real measurable item from a gameplay perspective is the vuk but the mode will still be there on a pro so it just wasn’t worth 2k+ for the wire form.

Good luck and really can’t go wrong either way!

#20 2 years ago

I was 100% getting a premium as Rush is my all time favorite band. I ordered a pro as I can't afford the LE.

1. I prefer the art on the body of the pro
2. Most of the game is the same, nothing major missing
3. More room for toys, the clock doesn't do that much anyway

I plan on adding a shaker, lights, topper and a couple of washing machines when someone makes them .

#21 2 years ago

This is the image I wish was on the pro but still happy with what's there -

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#22 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

This is the image I wish was on the pro but still happy with what's there -
[quoted image]

I think that is exactly the look they went with but 1970’s vintage RUSH in a cartoon style.

I’m good with it as is, need to fix the headstock on right side of cab though!

#23 2 years ago

Not a huge Rush fan but have to say the layout looks superb and look forward to playing this title one day.

#24 2 years ago

If anyone needs a Rush Pro and Premium, Call Shaffer Distributing 800.282.0194 x 1108. They still have a few to sell in there allocation!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from ShafferDist1100:

If anyone needs a Rush Pro and Premium, Call Shaffer Distributing 800.282.0194 x 1108. They still have a few to sell in there allocation!

Wouldn't it be WE and OUR given your name?

#26 2 years ago

I went with the Pro. I’ll add a shaker and external sub and play the shit out of it! I’m happy with the hand drawn art on the pro, I think it’s the best looking art package and can’t wait to get it!

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If this is truly a dream theme for you, go big or go home is what i say. Make a few sacrifices here and there, learn to appreciate ramen noodles and you’ll make up the 2k in no time.

This is good advice for the right person. Or persons.

#28 2 years ago

Here is a list of the things that the Premium has over the Pro. I ranked the additional features on what I would value from an enjoyment factor and placed a dollar value on each as if I could buy each one as an upgrade... what might I pay.

1. VUK to wireform - $400
2. Motorized ramp and lighting effects - $300
3. Secret double-up post ball lock behind stand-ups - $300
4. Powder coated Apron - $150 Premium apron is WAY better looking IMO
5. Motorized clock/drum - $150
6. Ball lock post system - $100 - not really sure what value this adds to gameplay
7. Subway kicks out of both scoops instead of one - $100
8. Red, white and blue GI lighting (versus red and white only) - "meh" - depends on if there is code that takes advantage of 3 colors versus just a different colored LED.

So... $1,500 worth of additional features for the low, low cost of $2,100. For now, my order is still for a Pro. I'll be anxious to see the stream of game play to see if my opinion changes.

In the end, I have other hobbies. $2,100 can buy a lot of new gear for my home recording studio.

#29 2 years ago

This same argument happens with every new release lol. Premiums will always have more features and for some it's worth it to spend the extra $2k when a pro is nearly $7k.

Personally I rather have a loaded game for $9k then a rather bare one for $7k. Rush pro still looks cool regardless of number of features but I'll always prefer the most feature packed version of a pin.

Nearly $7k for a pro, $9k for a premium, and at or over $10.5k for LE's...damn.

#30 2 years ago

Too bad that Stern did not make more LE's on this model. A cool number would be 2112 LE games.

#31 2 years ago

I'm in for a pro. I've been out of the hobby for a few years and have sadly watched prices skyrocket. I managed to hold back when Aerosmith and Metallica came out, but I have a soft spot for RUSH and can't wait to play it.

#32 2 years ago

Pro

- magnet time machine with illuminated ramp
- ramp with diverter
- opto spinner
- two scoops with subway
- three drops with hidden target
- three flippers

It’s a decently loaded game with fantastic assets

To me, the only loss is the vuk vs dead end shot, honestly I’d rather that be a ramp than a vuk

The ramp going up/down seems completely pointless, and having 1 vs 2 scoops be able to shoot out also seems arbitrary. The lock behind the drops is cool but from a gameplay perspective the hidden target achieves a similar thing

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pro
- ramp with diverter
- opto spinner
- two scoops with subway
- three flippers
To me, the only loss is the vuk vs dead end shot, honestly I’d rather that be a ramp than a vuk
The ramp going up/down seems completely pointless, and having 1 vs 2 scoops be able to shoot out also seems arbitrary. The lock behind the drops is cool but from a gameplay perspective the hidden target achieves a similar thing

Nice write up, I think this is spot on.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pro
- ramp with diverter
- opto spinner
- two scoops with subway
- three flippers

Pretty sure both ramps can be diverted in either direction as well.

You really do get a lot for a pro.

#35 2 years ago

Based on your responses and thoughts, just go with the premium and add the expression lights and shaker motor.
You can always make more money, time to start making memories.

#36 2 years ago

Thanks for all the repsonses. What are the historical trends for when pros are shipped comapred to premiums? Would it be a much longer wait?

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks for all the repsonses. What are the historical trends for when pros are shipped comapred to premiums? Would it be a much longer wait?

Might see a pro end of month early feb. I was told premium lucky by April.

#38 2 years ago

I’m not fan of hearsay, but many have said that J Borg designs the Pro and adds for the Prem/LE.
His Pros in the past have been fantastic.
Full disclosure, I'm getting an LE. I wouldn’t even think about it if it was a financial issue. I’d be totally happy with a Pro!
More is not always better.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m not fan of hearsay, but many have said that J Borg designs the Pro and adds for the Prem/LE.
Full disclosure, I'm getting an LE. I wouldn’t even think about it if it was a financial issue. I’d be totally happy with a Pro!

His Gotg pro was definitely fun to play.
I know it sounds like a broken record but I bought
My sw comic pro for 5600 2 years ago. Now 6800 for a pro?
It's a staggering increase.

All 3 pins look great.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You’ll never regret buying the best version and will eventually forget about the extra 2K.

Quoted from mrossman5:

I'm typically a "Premium" customer...looking for the best playing experience, don't care about exclusivity.

That said, Stern has been really stingy with building Premiums lately (started with JP2 I believe). I've called a couple distributors and they can't get me into the first Premium "run", which sucks. This never use to happen! Now that they've moved from 500->1000 LE's (over the years), they'd prefer building LE's with the extra margin. Unfortunately, Premium units are getting squeezed big-time. Sucks.

I REALLY like Spooky's build model where the customers decide how many of each model gets built.

I do prefer the Pro art package over the Premium/LE. The band logo isn't very exciting and it's already on the backbox!

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have a Metallica Pro and never felt short changed at all. In fact, I didn't like the Premium ball locking mechanism and like the kinetics of the captive ball on the Pro.

#42 2 years ago

Yes, historically Pro's are released much quicker because it's better for Stern to get Pro games out their first and on location to Operator's for everyone to see, play & enjoy.

Something else in the gameplay I just noticed regarding dead end shots.. with either model you technically get several of them in different ways but the Premium/LE feature even adds another one because just to even get the ball up into the time machine? you have to hit that dead end silver nothing back shot straight up the middle for the bridge to even go up, so is it really a feature? seems a bit more flash & fluff, imo. If you couple this with the VUK upkicker instead of a real ramp which I would've preferred as well? there's a natural delay there before it kicks the ball back up into it and through the wireform so not sure that is really a feature either? maybe more of an extra this time too.. the trailer says 'for continuous pinball action' but it will be a slower game vs the Pro no doubt.. even that lock behind the drop target slows things down. I really like LZ because there's nothing really slows it down and just like Zep, Rush music FLIES! Arguably the most powerful Trio in rock music.

#43 2 years ago

I REALLY like Spooky's build model where the customers decide how many of each model gets built.

Good point.. and maybe I keep my Spooky pre-order instead of selling it since saved here on Rush.. just need more space!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have a Metallica Pro and never felt short changed at all. In fact, I didn't like the Premium ball locking mechanism and like the kinetics of the captive ball on the Pro.

Yes, I never owned Metallica but that's a killer Pro, considered one many times!

#45 2 years ago

Not a RUSH fan at all, but damn I am digging the pro a lot. I can’t wait to play it and I may have to add it some day. Have a Halloween CE on order so future funds already allotted, but RUSH looks like a really fun pin. Too bad Led Zeppelin was a huge letdown for me, happy for you RUSH fans. Looks like Stern did you right.

#46 2 years ago

Melissa from Cointaker said they will possibly have premiums in the second run they get sometime in late January. Could this be correct? Seems incredibly early to get a premium.

Haven't ever had this hard of decision for a game. Seems like it should be easy, but I keep going back and forth every hour haha.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Something else in the gameplay I just noticed regarding dead-end shots.. with either model you technically get several of them in different ways but the Premium/LE feature even adds another one because just to even get the ball up into the time machine? you have to hit that dead-end silver nothing back shot straight up the middle for the bridge to even go up, so is it really a feature?

I'm 100% with you on this one. Seems like it wouldn't be at all satisfying. Besides the lights, doesn't seem like a usual feature to me. Huge fan of the upgrade to the premium of Iron Maiden with the hidden scoop, but this doesn't seem like it's even in the same category as that. It seems like they had to find something else to do to it to try and make it look like it's worth it.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Melissa from Cointaker said they will possibly have premiums in the second run they get sometime in late January. Could this be correct? Seems incredibly early to get a premium.
Haven't ever had this hard of decision for a game. Seems like it should be easy, but I keep going back and forth every hour haha.

January seems very early for a premium unless they already have a lot of games made.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

January seems very early for a premium unless they already have a lot of games made.

Yeah, this sounds early, usually it's a bunch or Pro's and some LE's (which apparently there are more of this time) and Premium's come long after.

#50 2 years ago

I heard 6-8 weeks for first run Pros and LEs

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-vs-premium?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.