Rush Features (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
32B0F425-B89E-4DE8-9030-611F0546F61D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220107-225242_YouTube (resized).jpg
Ramp (resized).JPG
Elvira (resized).JPG
aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am not a fan of playfield covers. In my opinion they are way overkill and a waste. The only way I would consider installing one is if I was an operator about to place a machine in a very high trafficked area. If it is for the home-you would need 10,000+ plays for it to show a value. Most homeowners put maybe a couple hundred games a year on and eventually sell or trade down the line. Sorry for my rant but I think the overlays are overkill for HUO and are meant for heavy usage on location. Skip the overlay and just wax and put some mylar down for potential wear spots(rant over).

Well.. I have a dusty basement and I think they look pretty classy. Probably overkill to keep the glass clean but it's my first NIB and I want to take care of it.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Well.. I have a dusty basement and I think they look pretty classy. Probably overkill to keep the glass clean but it's my first NIB and I want to take care of it.

Ha. It seems maybe you are talking aboot a pinball cover on the outside of the machine, and he's talking aboot a playfield protector inside of the machine.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha. It seems maybe you are talking aboot a pinball cover on the outside of the machine, and he's talking aboot a playfield protector inside of the machine.

I thought maybe that was the case..

#204 2 years ago

Yea skip the playfield protector for sure but also skip putting a diaper on top of your machine-looks weird to me. I have also noticed it does not really keep dust off 100% and cleaning is necessary anyway. Just buy a bunch of Sprayway and Sparkle paper towels at Walmart-then clean glass every three to four weeks. I like to be able to look at my machines when not playing.

-Who is working on a Mantis for RUSH scoops? Any word yet(inquiring minds want to know)?

#205 2 years ago

Half the fun of owning a pinball is looking at it as you walk by, putting a cheap blanket over it does nothing.

#206 2 years ago

Sometimes I just turn them on for background ambience-they are works of art-don't cover them up

#207 2 years ago

I do this instead.
Just for my own amusement if nothing else.

To each their own I say.
This is my maiden.

But I have a plan for Rush as well.
D5C0AD0A-FAA8-4A67-8632-1C2CFCEFAE77 (resized).jpegD5C0AD0A-FAA8-4A67-8632-1C2CFCEFAE77 (resized).jpeg

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

...putting a cheap blanket over it does nothing.

#209 2 years ago

Played a Pro today and had to look at the little plaque to know which version I was playing. I'll have to play a prem to form a full opinion, but I had plenty of fun on the pro. Add expression lighting and other options. Winner all the way around. I got goose bumps when playing a few of the songs, so iconic.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sometimes I just turn them on for background ambience-they are works of art-don't cover them up

My single pin and Off Road arcade are in the living room so they are on all the time for ambience.

1 month later
#211 2 years ago

Glad I waited for a Premium. The VUK is a good place to park a ball for a second during multiball. Same with the lock behind the drops, although that’s a tough shot. I agree that the moving ramp is “meh”, but the additional lighting is great and it does help you know you have it qualified. The drum clock is bitchin’ and very helpful in some modes. And it’s hella fun to start Far Cry with balls coming out of both scoops. Premium FTW.

My 2c.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Glad I waited for a Premium. The VUK is a good place to park a ball for a second during multiball. Same with the lock behind the drops, although that’s a tough shot. I agree that the moving ramp is “meh”, but the additional lighting is great and it does help you know you have it qualified. The drum clock is bitchin’ and very helpful in some modes. And it’s hella fun to start Far Cry with balls coming out of both scoops. Premium FTW.
My 2c.

Is it 2k better then the Pro

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Is it 2k better then the Pro

Yes. I look at TCO (total cost of ownership). It ties up an extra 2k, but when I sell the game I’ll get most of that back. It’s just like buying a car (but better, because used pins are appreciating for now).

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes. I look at TCO (total cost of ownership). It ties up an extra 2k, but when I sell the game I’ll get most of that back. It’s just like buying a car (but better, because used pins are appreciating for now).

To me it wasn’t worth it plus the pro art is much nicer look to each his own. Congratulations on your Rush pin.

#215 2 years ago

Got a chance to play a pro and le side by side. Really prefer the LE. The lighting, the drum, the vux, the lifting center shot…felt like a much more complete experience.

2 months later
#216 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nice post...couldn't agree more with your perspective.
I still play my Metallica Pro a lot. While Rush looks like a great shooting pin, everything else about it looks "meh" (except the license/music, of course). I plan on getting a Pro, but really don't think it will have the staying power of my other 2 Borg music pins with old school dots/displays (MET, KISS). The more Stern focuses on wiz bang LCD graphics, the less they appear to be focusing on PF mechs. Not the right trade-off IMHO. And now that Pro's are the prices of Premium's, it's frankly hard to stomach. My JP2 Premium was 7k and the MSRP for Rush Pro is $6,899.

Oops, I went from "going Pro" to LE when a local collector buddy offered me his NIB LE #797 for ~MSRP.

With the exception of the bondo and rusty balls, the pin looks/plays great. Fast & flowy.

Is there a physical ball lock on this game? Looks like it, but I never seem to get any locked in the subway. I heard about some revised switch that Stern released? Does it fix the subway ball lock? Thanks for any info!

IMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpeg
#217 1 year ago

Shitty balls is an old one; but bondo?

#218 1 year ago

Buying a stern LE these days is like buying a prototype, sample, or red board machine. Early builds, everything is constantly changing, who knows what you’ll get… That being said, I’d take a Prem/LE version of pretty much any game over a pro.
More features = more to look at = more fun
Ymmv…

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Buying a stern LE these days is like buying a prototype, sample, or red board machine. Early builds, everything is constantly changing, who knows what you’ll get… That being said, I’d take a Prem/LE version of pretty much any game over a pro.
More features = more to look at = more fun
Ymmv…

I've played both, I don't find the Rush premium any more fun than the pro and the extra features are not very substantial.

Definitely zero regrets buying the pro.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shitty balls is an old one; but bondo?

A little bondo here and there- back in business!

1F1F5CB9-8733-486F-8F18-477DE6F948C3 (resized).jpeg1F1F5CB9-8733-486F-8F18-477DE6F948C3 (resized).jpeg

7 months later
#221 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am going pro. There are definitely difference in this game that make it a more difficult choice, but I honestly have not been let down by any Pros of recent and this $9000 price tag for premiums is just crazy.

so for 8k otd for the premium with 75 plays and a shaker motor, and art blades and upgrded speaker light show kit, that is a good deal,correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-vs-premium/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.