(Topic ID: 307353)

Rush pro $6700 before tax & shipping?! WTF Stern?!

By d0n

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1_2TtFxfFtEGjr5FhshP-5Cg (resized).png
greed (resized).jpg
F93CFBDE-063A-447C-89B2-C3FC653FE1CA.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Not with pros and not with premiums

Deadpool, Iron Maiden, and Metallica (among many others) Premiums are either nearing the $10K mark or have passed it.

Pros, I have no idea how they'll perform long term, but Premiums tend to meet or exceed MSRP as time marches on.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Stern easily could've sprung for the Geddy & Alex to sign the game at that cost.

After seeing how they've exploited Elvira, I'm sure we will see a Rush SuperMegaLEAnniversary++ edition where you get their signatures + a splinter from one of Neil Peart's drumsticks .

I don't mind Stern doing stuff like this right now with certain titles if I'm honest. I like to joke about it since I could never see myself paying $25K+ for a pin, but I can understand why Stern is doing it (I never saw myself paying over $5K for a pin, but that happened far too many times over the past several years ... and I am pretty damn sure my first $10K+ pin is going to happen very soon ).

Stern is currently in a situation where they can only make a number of pins equal to the part they have the least in their inventory. Prior to the global semiconductor shortage, you could usually find parts somewhere at some reasonable price if you were running short. That is not the case now. I'm 100% sure the CPU they're using is basically impossible to get at this time. I'm sure they buy the CPUs by the thousands to get significant volume discounts, but seeing that Mandalorian, Godzilla, and Rush have people drooling and throwing money their way, I'm pretty sure their stock is dwindling. The price increases + "exotic" pins like Elvira Anniversary Edition almost seems as if they're adding some cashflow to keep things status quo until all of this passes. If this shortage doesn't pass by next year, there could be problems, but that's a whole other discussion.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

LE's have always been collectible, decked-out, and limited

Except Star Wars. It might be collectible, but that LE was a premium for the most part. They made 750 of them ... that's a lot for an LE. It was not decked out at all unless getting the other translites compelled you to buy the LE. When all is said and done, I think most people will prefer the Comic Premium in that it will be rarer and people seem to prefer that artwork. Even the LE translite isn't exactly "limited".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-6700-before-tax-amp-shipping-wtf-stern?tu=megadeth2600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.