(Topic ID: 307353)

Rush pro $6700 before tax & shipping?! WTF Stern?!

By d0n

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1_2TtFxfFtEGjr5FhshP-5Cg (resized).png
greed (resized).jpg
F93CFBDE-063A-447C-89B2-C3FC653FE1CA.gif
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

How many bitch threads do we need here regarding pricing? EVERYTHING IS MORE EXPENSIVE NOW... Stern would be crazy stupid from a business perspective not to price each version of a game at the maximum it thinks it can get. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Jeff

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Good for Stern! Everything is going up like crazy why should Stern be any different? Its far from a necessity. Can't blame Stern at all!
GREED IS GOOD!

It’s one of the seven deadly sins, but Ok.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:thats reverse racism. Had you said "old rich fat whiny blackies"... you'd be banned for life and pinside would be on the news and probably TMZ for being a racist forum.

“Reverse racism” is a very curious (and telling) expression.

In 2012 my AVLE was $6,700 shipped.

#54 2 years ago

The only thing worse than a $6700 pro is buying a $12,400 LE paid in full and competing with some others who aren't even fans & want it to flip it. Do the features on the game justify double? Is their twice the amount of wood? Do yourself a favor an buy the Pro, it's the smart move. Very happy about it!

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

The only thing worse than a $6700 pro is buying a $12,400 LE paid in full and competing with some others who aren't even fans & want it to flip it. Do the features on the game justify double? Is their twice the amount of wood? Do yourself a favor an buy the Pro, it's the smart move. Very happy about it!

Same here, couldn’t justify the extra 2k+ for the clock and extra vuk on the premium. Art on pro better and I’m sure a mod maker will have a clock made up in no time.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Same here, couldn’t justify the extra 2k+ for the clock and extra vuk on the premium. Art on pro better and I’m sure a mod maker will have a clock made up in no time.

Absolutely! Really looking forward to the Pro.. Best new so far this year!

#57 2 years ago

Godzilla pro is 6800 right? This is a pass for me, I already owned Aerosmith once.

#58 2 years ago

Stern easily could've sprung for the Geddy & Alex to sign the game at that cost. Premium's don't have expression lighting either this time. Love the art on the Pro and just feel it's the right choice. Tired of getting ripped off. Who knows? Maybe it's Stern's business model now to let everyone who is paying for the LE's help to offset their costs on the Pro. Thanks everyone! LOL

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

In 2012 my AVLE was $6,700 shipped.

$3,895 shipped for my TSPP in 2005. I don't have what I paid for Monopoly in 2001 but probably around $3,400 I think.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Stern easily could've sprung for the Geddy & Alex to sign the game at that cost. Premium's don't have expression lighting either this time. Love the art on the Pro and just feel it's the right choice. Tired of getting ripped off. Who knows? Maybe it's Stern's business model now to let everyone who is paying for the LE's help to offset their costs on the Pro. Thanks everyone! LOL

So just to get this straight...we are complaining that the Pro is too good this time around?

It's so hard to keep track sometimes.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So just to get this straight...we are complaining that the Pro is too good this time around?

Really hope the “Stern should be charging more” comments don’t come next ..

#62 2 years ago

With all these pinball prices rising so much and so fast I might be a millionaire and not even now it. I love it maybe I can retire early.

#63 2 years ago

lol if you don't like the price don't buy it, nobody cares about your money problems.

#64 2 years ago

Not saying they should raise prices but if LE’s sold out immediately prices unfortunately have not topped out yet.

We are our own worst enemy

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

thats reverse racism. Had you said "old rich fat whiny blackies"... you'd be banned for life and pinside would be on the news and probably TMZ for being a racist forum.

No such thing as reverse racism. Racism is racism plain and simple.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not saying they should raise prices but if LE’s sold out immediately prices unfortunately have not topped out yet.
We are our own worst enemy

Definitely don't see the crazy demand this time around like there was for godzilla..I don't believe these le's will b selling much more if any above msrp...

#67 2 years ago

No more talk about the LE. Let's see the gameplay on the Pro and no looking back! Excited!!

#68 2 years ago

Too much for too little. I’m out.

#69 2 years ago

I'm looking to buy a second pinball after getting LZ Pre for family for Christmas...

This price mentioned by OP seems more than fair. Everything is that price at a minimum if you can even find it.

The worst time to just be getting into pinball due to scarcity. ='(

#70 2 years ago

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:This price mentioned by OP seems more than fair.
1_2TtFxfFtEGjr5FhshP-5Cg (resized).png1_2TtFxfFtEGjr5FhshP-5Cg (resized).png

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Definitely don't see the crazy demand this time around like there was for godzilla..I don't believe these le's will b selling much more if any above msrp...

Am I missing something here?
The LE’s were gone immediately, Stern Insider LE allotment gone immediately, we already are seeing some non authorized retailers advertising them North of 15k and many pinsiders who are claiming they missed out on a LE are begging for a lead or transfer of spot. Demand for the LE is absolutely inline with any other recent machine. Just my observation

#73 2 years ago

If you want a new release game in the next year, you pretty much have to buy an LE now. Unless you are an operator...then you get to go to the front of the line. Yes, some people do get lucky and score one from the first batch...but its becoming more and more rare.

#74 2 years ago

Didn't the op want like 15K for his UBER rArE Stern NBA because it had koBe Beef on the translite? Should be able to buy a couple of NIB Pros now OP!

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds more like you are twisting his words around. Sometimes the pro is better value than the premium and vice versa. Sometimes it's up to the purchaser to decide which is better and I believe 80sMan is just stating which one he prefers. It doesn't always have to be drama filled.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Didn't the op want like 15K for his UBER rArE Stern NBA because it had koBe Beef on the translite? Should be able to buy a couple of NIB Pros now OP!

calm down craig.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

You forgot Stranger Things...

i bough an LE NIB for retail in october; impeccable timing if i do say so myself

#78 2 years ago

Stern announces price increase months ago to give ample warning to pinheads. Price increase due to overall market fluctuation, supply shortages, parts/materials cost increases, labor shortages, etc.

don is not ok with this.

However, don is ok with with capitalizing on someone's death to overprice a machine for his own personal profit...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nba-1

Keep on keepin on I guess....

#79 2 years ago

It is highly amusing watching these prices rise beyond affordability.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Stern announces price increase months ago to give ample warning to pinheads. Price increase due to overall market fluctuation, supply shortages, parts/materials cost increases, labor shortages, etc.
don is not ok with this.
However, don is ok with with capitalizing on someone's death to overprice a machine for his own personal profit...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nba-1
Keep on keepin on I guess....

The biggest price police also tend to be the biggest offenders. Takes one to know one I guess...

Funny thing about the "exhorbitant" Kobe death price from 2 years ago...it would probably sell in 5 minutes without the death hype today. How times change!

#81 2 years ago

How many LEs were there? I haven’t kept up with this title at all.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many LEs were there? I haven’t kept up with this title at all.

1000. Doesn't feel like it with how fast they sold out, though.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It is highly amusing watching these prices rise beyond affordability.

Agreed. I was already out at NIB prices years ago when they were about $1k less than current, so I might as well get some entertainment out of this!

#84 2 years ago

$6600 for a pro picked up is what I pay.

Last February 2021 that same game was $5650.

I don’t care who you are, that’s a punt to the nuts.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The biggest price police also tend to be the biggest offenders. Takes one to know one I guess...
Funny thing about the "exhorbitant" Kobe death price from 2 years ago...it would probably sell in 5 minutes without the death hype today. How times change!

I still own it. No rush to sell but do lemme know if you want it levi. Probably won't fit in that tiny NYC apartment though.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

1000. Doesn't feel like it with how fast they sold out, though.

Funny how the LE numbers keep going up too. Avengers LE - 500, Led Zepplin LE - 500, JP LE - 600. Mando LE - 750, Rush LE - 1000... it's like stern's thinking... how many of these LE's can we make and people will still consider them "limited" AND they will pay a huge premium for over the nearly identical premium? Right now the answer is 1000.

Anyone wanna guess 1250 on the next LE with the price being even higher than this rush? Stern's milking us guys.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Funny how the LE numbers keep going up too. Avengers LE - 500, Led Zepplin LE - 500, JP LE - 600. Mando LE - 750, Rush LE - 1000... it's like stern's thinking... how many of these LE's can we churn out and people will still consider them "limited" AND they will pay a huge premium for over the nearly identical premium? Right now the answer is 1000.
Anyone wanna guess 1250 on the next LE with the price being even higher than this rush? Stern's milking us guys.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

How many bitch threads do we need here regarding pricing? EVERYTHING IS MORE EXPENSIVE NOW... Stern would be crazy stupid from a business perspective not to price each version of a game at the maximum it thinks it can get. Don't like it? Don't buy

If Stern can charge more money and sell less games but still hit the same revenue well they'd be stupid not to. That's how business works.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I still own it. No rush to sell but do lemme know if you want it levi. Probably won't fit in that tiny NYC apartment though.

LOL and you are the guy whining about relatively inexpensive $7K pinball machines. You obviously couldn't afford to live in my gigantic NYC floor thru.

Another price police cheapskate who thinks his shit don't stink.

Funny how you are still stuck with that shitty NBA despite your pathetic "dead Kobe" sales pitch, while I had no trouble moving that $20K Monster Bash that you were crying about, Don.

L.O.L.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

How many bitch threads do we need here regarding pricing?

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL and you are the guy whining about relatively inexpensive $7K pinball machines. You obviously couldn't afford to live in my gigantic NYC floor thru.
Another price police cheapskate who thinks his shit don't stink.
Funny how you are still stuck with that shitty NBA despite your pathetic "dead Kobe" sales pitch, while I had no trouble moving that $20K Monster Bash that you were crying about, Don.
L.O.L.

If your personal pinball collection was 1/2 as big as your mouth is, I'd be impressed. Enjoy NYC apartment living Levi. You are indeed crazy Mr. Nayman.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If your personal pinball collection was 1/2 as big as your mouth is, I'd be impressed. Enjoy NYC apartment living Levi. You are indeed crazy Mr. Nayman.

You'd fit right in here mr. Hop! We got room for more

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd fit right in here mr. Hop!

My husband is in Brooklyn right now visiting family. No thanks. NYC and all the boroughs are absolute crap-holes. You couldn't pay me to live in NY state again. To each their own though.

Now Mr. Nayman, if you're done making this personal... can we get back to the CRAZY prices of stern pinballs these days?

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

can we get back to the CRAZY prices of stern pinballs these days?

Mr. Nayman is down in Atlanta right now visiting family, but I'm happy to say that Stern Pros are still the single best value in pinball machines, and the still the cheapest, whether for home or commercial use.

So why pick on them? It really ain't that bad!

Prices are up among the entire industry.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Oh FFS... No one is forcing anyone to buy anything so stop with this "milking us" BS. This is VERY simple, if you can't afford it or don't want to buy it because of it's cost then DON'T BUY IT. If you find that to be not fair or a little cold, deal with it. No one is entitled to anything regardless of whether you think you are. Stern is not required, and neither is any other manufacturer for that matter, to make what people perceive to be "affordable" games. They are a business, and so long as people are buying these machines faster than they can be built things are only going to get more and more expensive. Will there be a limit? Absolutely, especially at the volume they're producing at currently. What is that limit? No freaking clue and any attempt to forecast that is just a waste of time.

Personally I'm amazed at how strong the pinball market is, I thought for sure once people started going back to work the market would cool off but the exact opposite seems to have happened... Does this mean we're in a bubble? Sure, but that bubble could end up being relatively small. What I feel pretty confident in is we're nowhere near the price ceiling that would actually impact demand and so while that's the case, companies are going to keep churning out machines as fast as they can while the iron is hot. That's exactly what they should be doing. Look at the benefits, we've gotten some outstanding pins/themes in the last few years that may never have been built had the market not went nuclear. As for me, my on the way Spooky Halloween CE will probably be the last NIB game I pick up for a long time due to their current cost but I'm a sucker for certain themes so who knows...

Jeff

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

HAHAHAHA BTFO Levi. Everyone knows you're a location player simp with no access to your own games

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Wow, a Rush pro is $6700 before tax and shipping. Stern has officially jumped the shark, I think. https://cointaker.com/products/rush-pro-pinball-stern
The premium now costs what the LE's used to cost.
And the LE's are of course sold out to speculators who know they'll rise in value.
Is this because of the banning auction prices?

No, because of the prices seen on Pinside and other sites. A Stranger Things Premium is listed on here for $11,500. Any Stern model is commonly seen for $1-5K price over purchase and people are still buying. Look in the mirror. There lies the problem.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Personally I'm amazed at how strong the pinball market is,

#MeToo

#99 2 years ago

And the used market follows. Seeing JMs approaching and hitting $5K just makes me a lil more happy than last year about this time... : ).

#100 2 years ago

Welcome to page 3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pro-6700-before-tax-amp-shipping-wtf-stern/page/2?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.