20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinyblackdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago

Got on an LE list 6 months ago - will be my first ever LE.

1 week later
#428 2 years ago

Looks like a good song list to me. “Traveling soon…” - so I’m guessing the basic structure of the game is around a tour or tours, which makes sense for Rush since that was their bread and butter.

#453 2 years ago

The two Cygnus X 1 parts are almost 30 minutes combined - definitely surprised to see them on the list. Did not expect Bastille Day either. Listened to La Villa Strangiato several times yesterday cause it is so amazing - really happy that made it as the only instrumental on the list.

#581 2 years ago

Still hoping to hear that Lyman started the rules and set the framework and that others (Sexton and Rayday?) have taken over and completed things after he left. Lyman seems like he would be a Rush fan.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lyman is a HUUUUUUGE Rush fan. Was bummed when he left because this would have been a dream project for him. Good to hear he started it, and I think it’s in good hands with SexRay. Has anyone called them that yet? If not, I’m starting it. GO TEAM SEXRAY!!!

Didn’t say he did - but HOPE he did.

#601 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I believe this was the last game Richie worked on before heading to JJP. Can you confirm?

The strong rumor is that Rush is Borg - pretty much confirmed when they played Working Man when he was introduced at Expo. Another rumor I’ve read is that Ritchie was working on Bond when he left and that it is being finished by Gomez.

#896 2 years ago

Borg posted this on his Facebook page the other day. If you don’t love this, you have no soul.

#984 2 years ago

9am to distributors and 10am release to the masses - assume that is in CST.

#1002 2 years ago

Restroom lines at a Rush concert

3043D5AB-5791-4516-B907-A3635735CD1F (resized).jpeg3043D5AB-5791-4516-B907-A3635735CD1F (resized).jpeg
#1126 2 years ago

Has anybody else blocked out time on their calendar tomorrow morning so they don’t get pulled into meetings when the reveal happens?

#1198 2 years ago

LE does come with expression lighting

https://sternpinball.com/game/rush/

#1236 2 years ago

That extra wireform on the prem/le looks like it needs some extra support. Looks pretty flimsy when the ball is rolling on it. Absolutely going to go with the LE but that extra $600 stings after the GZ price bump.

Artist is Michael Barnard. No clue who he is.

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I wonder if Stern was directed to him by Rush? All the models look great - it definitely isn't phoned-in art.

Possibly. He does have some really cool work. http://www.sunburndesigns.com/about/

LOL at this:

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.37.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.37.00 AM (resized).png
#1266 2 years ago

This makes me feel even worse for the Led Zeppelin fans - that layout was so phoned in compared to this one. Can't wait to see the stream to see what the display looks like.

In case you hadn't seen it - HOOT AGAIN. Ha.

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what does the time machine shot do on the premium when down?

Had the same question - not really clear what it does unless there is an opto that registers a hit. Still could be kind of clunky.

#1438 2 years ago

Really love the Clockwork Angels steam punk look of the LE. The copper colored leg bolts are a neat touch.

#1555 2 years ago

Any thoughts why 1978 plays such a prominent role in the artwork? It is on the time machine and the right RUSH standups. Hemispheres was released in 1978 and it looks like Cygnus X-1 (which spanned A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres) are two of the mini-wizard modes, with 2112 possibly being the main wizard mode. Any other ideas?

Probably just a random date, but interesting to speculate...

#1648 2 years ago

Question on the expression lighting: it claims 96 addressable RGB LEDs but I only count 24 on each side. Does each light “pill” have two separate LEDs in it? I originally thought it was upgraded from Zep but seems they also quoted 96 LEDs. Anybody know?

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

An RBG LED is actually 3 individually controlled LEDs. Each RGB LED takes 3 “pins” on the circuit board and can individually controlled via those pins.

I understand that and they claim 96 RGB LEDs but I only count 48 “lights”. Seems each one has 2 RGB LEDs - maybe split top bottom or left right

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes, both the bottom and top of the pills are addressable. Zep has shows that have different color top and bottom.

Thanks! That’s what I figured but it is really hard to see when watching an LZ stream. Pretty excited about them using these for Rush. I feel sorry for whoever has to choreograph 120 mins of songs to the LEDs…

#1664 2 years ago

The official song list combines the two Cygnus X-1 parts into one “song” hence the 16 vs 17.

3245D75C-8F85-4EB2-8FA4-902FFB390EFA (resized).jpeg3245D75C-8F85-4EB2-8FA4-902FFB390EFA (resized).jpeg
#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was actually a legit question, not just nitpicking - I saw your mockups an thought what a shame they didnt do actual cut-out guitars. The guitar cut-outs are the best LE side rail yet from Stern.

Thanks for doing these again Vic. Seeing the full side rails colored shows why they went with black powder. It looks best IMHO

#1741 2 years ago

I like Rush AND Vegemite, but I grew up with both. For the uninitiated, I suspect acquiring a taste for Rush is the easier of the two…

#1808 2 years ago

I'm currently listening to the Stern Insider podcast w/ Nate Shivers & Ed Robertson and they are talking about song selection. Ed, Geddy and Alex each created a list of 20 "banger" songs that should be in the game, and 15 songs were chosen unanimously. It sounds like Ed didn't have YYZ on his list and talked Geddy and Alex into La Villa Strangiato instead. I love both songs and Ed had a good argument on why he felt strongly about LVS over YYZ. The interview is awesome and worth the time to listen to.

It is available with a free Stern Insider account on the Insider website.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

You guys talking about stealing Rush lyrics for English class reminds me of one of my buddies using Red Barchetta for his paper. The teacher read it in class. He turned beat red while us Rush nerds howled.

Confession time. Same exact thing happened w/ me and Judas Priest's “The Sentinel”. Teacher loved it.

I was quite the metal head in high school but Rush was my favorite band.

#2015 2 years ago

This is such an amazing song...

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I will argue its a top 5 if not top 3 song. LOVE it!!!!

I agree. Neil's lyrics are awesome too. It is pretty cool that Primus covered the entire album live on their recent tour.

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do we know which model Jack is streaming tomorrow? Hopefully premium/le. I actually lucked into an LE on this one. Ive never cracked that LE list ever than suddenly got on.

Hopped onto his stream briefly the other night and heard him mention the plan was to stream a Premium model w/ Expression light kit. Hope the plan doesn't change.

I also hope it is a Keith Elwin style stream - just play the game and explain bits of rules as you go along - rather than a Dwight Sullivan stream - where you take off the glass and spend 45 minutes going over rules minutia and bore the audience to tears.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I hope whomever is doing the forecasting at Stern understands how many expression lighting units will need to be ordered with this release? Between the pro & the premium buyers and purposely limiting the le’s, that’s a lot of kits. Will they be able to meet the demand? Or will everything be sold out again like most everything for months?

If you are getting a Pro or Premium and want the Expression Lighting kit, I'd order one NOW from your distributor.

#2131 2 years ago

0.78 code

#2135 2 years ago

So they mentioned Borg won’t be at the stream tomorrow - he also wasn’t a part of the podcast with the rest of the team. Does he usually skip this stuff?

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Totally agree. I really hope I don't have to follow multiple Rush threads as that is more time consuming. As it is I'm getting nothing done at work this week! haha...

The worst is when there are multiple owner's threads - like there was for Jurassic Park - which had a separate "Premium/LE" owner's thread. What a bone headed move.

#2249 2 years ago

Sneak peak at the screen UI - from Dead Flip's Facebook page. Less than 6 hours to go!

271543429_2173031049511369_7829058799392143717_n (resized).jpg271543429_2173031049511369_7829058799392143717_n (resized).jpg
#2281 2 years ago

Different strokes - I've tried to play GnR at least 5 times on location and am a fan of the band, but I've always walked away after one game disappointed. It probably needs to be in a home environment to be appreciated. I just don't think JJP games click with me, apart from Dialed In.

#2377 2 years ago

Love the Fly By Night multiball - dimming the GI with switch hits until it becomes night. So cool!

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

For Rush fans, this has to be a dream come true!

It is. Honestly can’t believe how awesome it is at 0.80 code. Wow!

#2417 2 years ago

Godzilla got a ton of orders after the stream. Zeppelin had a lot of cancellations. Both according to a large distributor I know.

I predict lots of people are calling/texting/emailing their distributors right now to “get on a list”…

#2426 2 years ago

I know that the 4 guys playing tonight are all better players than I am, but did anybody else think there were a lot of multi-balls? It is really the only small concern I have.

Oh, and the f@))$&& smoke alarm beep. I expect to see “changed scoop eject sound” as the first line of the 0.81 release notes!

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Hope they change it to a sound the player brain will associate with "rising up/appearing", to go with what the player's eyes sees the ball doing.

How about “rising up” a ladder to change a smoke detector battery? Nah, that’s a really dumb idea…

#2509 2 years ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Question: The beeping noise can be omitted or changed when they update code. Is that correct? I ordered a premium. Love everything I've seen so far, with the exception of the beeping noise. This one looks like the real deal!

The stream chat was full of negativity over the beep/chirp. It will get changed - hopefully before games start shipping.

There is a tool called Pinball Browser that people have used in the past to swap out audio or video files in Spike 2 games. I don’t know if it still works for recent versions. I know it has been a cat & mouse game where it works for one version then Stern changes encryption/protection which requires changes to PB to deal with. I’ve personally never done it but some people love to change things up.

#2510 2 years ago

Duplicate

#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409
Looks like Raymond will be editing this rulesheet some more soon.

Thanks a lot for posting this. I had no idea what was going on during the stream and this answered a lot of questions around how you start the “planet” modes and the significance of the different colored records. It is possible to make all mode shots be 3x by hitting matching color shots prior to starting the mode at the time machine. Very cool.

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So …. Would you guys pay for Insider connected if Roll the Bones and yYZ modes came with it?

No way. DLC is evil and does not belong in an $11k pinball machine. It is easier to swallow when it is $25 extra on top of a $60 video game.

I know it is coming to us eventually. The Jurassic Park topper mode was Stern’s first experiment - a $600 piece of plastic with a crappy mode built in. IC is going to make it easier to deliver and monetize.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Yeah, I saw the clip. Honestly, I'm slightly dismayed that Ed from BNL didn't catch the lack of enthusiasm at the get-go and correct it then.
Hopefully they captured far better clips that we just aren't seeing yet. At the very least, simple effects could be applied to the cometely dry captures.
If not, there's always pinball browser lol

They did like 3 different variations for each callout, so hopefully there are some better choices that can be made. I agree that some of them sound pretty dry. The only one that really annoyed me was Geddy’s high score callout.

#2618 2 years ago

I didn’t see any of the CGI and videos that they used during concerts on the screens. Thought we might get some of them since they supposedly had access to all assets. Did I just miss them? I do think the new animations are well done overall.

#2682 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It is used on Rush to change direction of the diverter.

A long press changes the direction of the diverter. If you’re playing a multi-ball for a song that is on an album you’ve collected, you are awarded an add-a-ball that can be triggered by pressing the button as well. I think it happened in the stream when Raymond had collected Snakes & Arrows and was playing Far Cry.

#2690 2 years ago

TomGWI you are a huge Rush fan and are getting an LE. What are your impressions after the stream? I’m still pinching myself to make sure I’m not dreaming, cause this still seems too good to be true.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I think this is just theme integration for the action button, similar to how they used Roll The Bones for the bonus. There was a spot on the stream where "Weapon Ready" flashed on the screen.

Was about to say the same thing - I think this is related to playing a multi-ball song from an album you've collected, and you get spotted a "Weapon". Right now that weapon is an add-a-ball but sounds like more weapons might get added. Maybe something smart-bomb like (e.g. GZ button hold)

#2967 2 years ago

I believe this is the second week of their two week January inventory shutdown, so we may see some line pics next week or the week after. Still hoping for my LE in mid to late Feb.

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wan't counterparts the album that their producer had alex ditch most if not all of his effects and geddy drop the keyboards for the most part to have them 'get back to basics'?

I think that was Vapor Trails.

#3116 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Seriously, Zach and Greg put on a great podcast. I anxiously await their Rush review.

I don’t think either one is a Rush fan so theme and music will both be negatives and score poorly.

Zach did mention last week that he’s gotten more interest in Rush already than he has gotten in LZ in the entire time since release. Goes to show that number of records sold doesn’t directly translate to pin sales.

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

BTW- I'm in on the pro. The lack of expression lighting on the premium did it for me. If Stern is listening, it should be included on the premium just in case there's a Black Sabbath in our future.

Those of you that didn’t order the premium due to missing expression lighting - how would you have felt if it were included but the price were bumped $600? That is what happened to the LE. It is essentially a $600 forced upgrade whether you like it or not.

At least now you’ve got the option to add it if you want it. Comparing to LZ is not relevant, since it was considered part of the Prem package and needed to justify the price bump from an LZ Pro. They didn’t feel the need to throw it in to entice Prem purchases on Rush.

Frankly I think that Stern is deemphasizing the Premium in general, by building so many more LEs and dragging out delivery of Prems.

#3148 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'd feel much better for them to have bumped the premium price and given me express lighting than to just bump the price...which they did.

They didn’t raise the premium price. All prices matched the GZ prices except for the LE, which was bumped $600 for the expression lights. Hoping the next LE is back to $10,499 and that the features match the premium.

That probably won’t happen… when has Stern ever lowered prices from one release to the next? Rush is my first and likely last LE.

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Can’t be. We’ve been told RUSH is unknown outside the US.

Do Canadian machines ship with a single coin slot?

#3285 2 years ago

RayDay has been fleshing out more of the rules on the Tilt Forums rule sheet. The 1-2-3 Combos section is new since I last checked, and is really cool. There are 9 different 3-shot combos in the game that allow you to collect a unique album, and then give you perks when playing a mode or multi-ball for a song from a collected album, such as add-a-ball using the lockdown bar button. 5 albums also award an extra ball.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409

#3363 2 years ago

Maybe they ran out of white flipper bats

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone played this on location yet??

Nobody near Chicago or St. Louis on this thread? Two locations near me have pros on order but they always are a week or 2 behind those in the Midwest.

#3480 2 years ago

There have been several lengthy pro model streams over the past few days - PinBallers on PinballNetwork and HUPChallenge, both on Twitch, are two I've watched. It seems that the dead end shot (left of time machine ramp) is really deadly, and comes rocketing back towards the flippers on a strong hit. This is the only feature that would give me hesitation about picking up a pro.

Curious what others have thought about the pro gameplay. I'll be playing one as soon as they go on location near me.

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Was watching the Pinball Network stream last night on YouTube. Man that kid can play - over a billion on his first ball ever. WTF!
Not scared of that shot, you will figure it out. You just have to get good!

Carter is a great player - and I think he’s only 14. There had to be something mechanically wrong with that left flipper. It shouldn’t overheat that quickly. My money was on coil stop but that didn’t seem to be it.

#3485 2 years ago
PinTech-LIVE-presents-RUSH-PRO-012721-680x378 (resized).jpgPinTech-LIVE-presents-RUSH-PRO-012721-680x378 (resized).jpg
#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

My question is something I haven't really heard explained at all, what happens to the shot/ball when the ramp is down on the Prem/LE? Does it just hit metal and do nothing? Again, I haven't read or seen anything on this as everyone has mentioned the Pro shot to the left of the rising ramp but when the ramp is down under the time machine, what happens when you hit the center shot? Looks like it just hits metal?

It does appear to hit metal, and the hit is registered by optos at the end of the ramp. On the Pro it is grabbed by the magnet, held briefly, then flung down the ramp. There seems to be some danger on all models with the ball coming back towards the flippers.

As others have already mentioned, probably not something to be worried too much about. I have a Godzilla premium and some people have gotten all hung up on balls heading down the middle during Multiball start, and even created mods to try to redirect the balls. A small nudge is all that is needed to keep the balls in play. Slap saves are a great skill to learn and one I'm still working to improve.

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I just got word that LE's are on the line end of next week!

Awesome! Although it was a nice bonus getting my Deadpool Premium on the line and shipping next week instead of August.

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No kidding? I’ve got a Deadpool premium on order too. Did they all get bumped up?

Not sure. Mine was part of the Dec ‘21 batch that got delayed. Don’t remember when I got on the list but probably summertime.

#3558 2 years ago

It looks like just about everyone is having issues with the scoop protectors on the pros. I wonder if this was discovered early in the Pro run and they decided to stop the Rush line while a new protector was designed/manufactured. Seems like a more plausible reason than running out of parts after just a few days.

PinBallers are streaming the game right now and Mike already had to pull the glass once because the ball got stuck in the scoop due to the bent protector.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

And here I always thought it was "mowed the lawn"!

I think we’ll have to revoke your Rush fan card for that…

#3713 2 years ago

Pro looks like a ton of fun but I think I’d miss the VUK return to the inlane. You can’t rotate the three mystery lanes with the flippers and the other two are fed by the ramps. On Prem/LE you can target each inlane with a specific playfield shot. Really like that

#3715 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Maybe the Pro should make that dead end stand up target spot that specific inlane?

Love it! Though it might seem like a weird thing to award if you weren’t familiar with the Prem layout.

#3723 2 years ago

It's happening!

272970280_10220631144312758_7942047657577290145_n (resized).jpg272970280_10220631144312758_7942047657577290145_n (resized).jpg
#3729 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Need Geddy & Alex on there toooooooo

That would be so cool. Has Stern ever done something like that w/ LEs before? This is my first, and probably last, LE purchase.

#3731 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Elvira.....Adam West....some others i believe..... I don't think with any music pins though.

Ah that's right. But weren't those Super LEs?

#3735 2 years ago

Well based on Geddy's callout, it would be Supaaaaaah LE

#3806 2 years ago

Eager to hear from owners taking delivery this week on if the scoop protector has been redesigned or strengthened in some way.

BTW Pinballers streamed the new code last night for 3 hours and the scoop worked great the entire time. Mike mentioned that he reinstalled the protector and used some kind of double sided adhesive to keep the protector flaps stuck to the sides and not bending inwards. The eject fed to the right flipper consistently.

#3810 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I’m going to install the new code and see before removing the scoops.

I'm sure if you took some pics of the protector from a couple of different angles above the playfield, that somebody on here would be able to tell if it is the original protector or not.

#3952 2 years ago

The video above shows the upgraded scoop protector. Looks like it now attaches under two posts and seems to flare out along the sides. Can’t see the inside at all. Here are a couple of poor quality screen grabs.

3E39D85D-AF36-4F59-B08B-F55FBF149A4E (resized).jpeg3E39D85D-AF36-4F59-B08B-F55FBF149A4E (resized).jpegE266B3D5-8B80-4D9B-85E4-B18167F08A9D (resized).jpegE266B3D5-8B80-4D9B-85E4-B18167F08A9D (resized).jpeg
#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a little birdie told me that the original screw-up was with the supplier for the scoop protectors. they delivered materials that weren't what was original specified (thinner and of a softer metal).

It certainly does look thicker now - see second screenshot above. Hope it doesn’t make that really tight shot even tighter.

#4022 2 years ago

Hearing a lot of positive chatter from the local guys that finally got to play the pro last night - even from non-Rush fans. I'll get my chance this Saturday and can't wait!

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yup this is a very important mod! I have both a Rush Pro and Godzilla LE side by side at home, both with stock speakers but I'm using an external sub on both with that cheap Pinnovators kit and the difference is huge. In fact at the volume level I play which is around 10 on Stern's volume settings, with the sub I'm having a hard time telling the difference in sound quality between the two machines. I had thought of swapping the backbox speakers in the Rush Pro with better ones but I may just leave them be as the sub seems to give huge bang for the buck. Not sure if that's because of my ears, because of the limitations in the stock amp and sound recordings or because I don't blast the machines loud so the stock amp/speaker setup isn't being stressed enough to tell the difference.

External sub is the biggest bang for the buck audio wise on any pinball machine. I just ordered a Klipsch R12SW that will be shared between Rush LE and Iron Maiden Premium.

The built in audio amp on Sterns is way underpowered and sounds crappy even on LE speakers. I've been experimenting with small external amplifiers along with 5.25" backbox speakers and a cheap $10 amp is a noticeable improvement. I'm honing in on a combination I like and will be replicating it on all my Sterns.

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If all goes as planned, I should have my LE tomorrow or worst case next week.

Wow - that is the first I’ve heard of any shipping. Where you located?

#4120 2 years ago

John-Floyd today:

64A2CA04-C9EB-49BC-9116-E6EE130A8221 (resized).jpeg64A2CA04-C9EB-49BC-9116-E6EE130A8221 (resized).jpeg
#4128 2 years ago

Nobody has received an LE yet so who knows. The video that Borg posted a week ago showed LEs on the line with different scoop protectors than the pros shipped with. I’m guessing that the parts dept is out of the loop and the LEs have the fix. We will know soon enough.

#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Pro and the LE protector seen in Borg’s video?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/80#post-6761862

#4161 2 years ago

Played the Pro for the first time today and had a blast. The time machine and right ramp are tighter than I expected, but dialed in after a game or two. If anybody is worried about this being a brutal Borg layout, don’t worry. I had longer ball times than I do on most recent Sterns, especially TMNT. Very fun to shoot and lots of satisfying shots. In fact I was a bit worried that it seemed too forgiving. I’ll probably crank up the playfield angle when I get mine.

#4174 2 years ago

John-Floyd did the LE come today? Think you mentioned it would be Saturday or Monday…

#4183 2 years ago

I'm curious what is going on with the LEs. We saw a video of them being assembled 10 days ago, and nobody has posted any concrete information about one being shipped to them yet. I don't recall how many machines Stern is able to produce in a day, but I know it is a big number. If the scoop protectors weren't ready yet, then why would they even start building them? How many machines are they able to keep around at the factory waiting to be put in boxes?

Ugh the wait is killing me....

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Just got a call from my distrib that an LE I paid for has shipped. I’m in NE Indiana so should be pretty quick from Chicago area. Likely have it in a couple days. This one is spoken for! Stinks to not be able to play this one

Congratulations! They must have read my post above and decided they better start shipping these out...

#4253 2 years ago

It seems most activity has shifted to the owner's thread, which is expected as more people become owners. I hope to get the call from my distributor this week that mine is ready for pickup.

#4263 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It occurred to me that there are more mechanical differences between Prem/LE and Pro than on any other Stern I can think of:
- ball lock behind drops
- dual kickout from scoops
- VUK
- ramp motor
- drum clock
The last last one is just cosmetic, and none of them really change the layout, but it was still enough to push me from Pro to Premium. And I hate paying for Premium features. Wondered if anyone else was thinking this.

I think you made the right choice, and be sure to grab the expression lighting kit as well. I find the ramp significantly easier to hit than on the Pro, and I'm not really sure why. The lighting effects on the ramp are significantly improved as well.

VUK is awesome and more satisfying than the dead end shot. The lane behind the drops seems less deadly than the target on the Pro. The Drum Clock is a cool feature and nice to be able to check your time status without looking at the tiny clock on the display.

The only Prem/LE feature I don't really care for is the dual kickout from the scoop. The right kickout just bounces off the upper flipper and back into the right scoop. I need to try a lower eject power - but even so it seems kind of odd to be ejecting out the right, and I'm not even sure where it is supposed to hit. Seems like danger just launching it over to the right side of the playfield as opposed to the clean eject from the lower scoop to the right flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinyblackdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.