20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Please do not take offense if I mentioned you by name. Just having a little fun with some Rush lyrics and Pinsider handles.
PinMonk - We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life are held within our walls

Haha! I was prepared to be roasted after that intro. Not bad at all.

I wish focus and enlightenment for all your games in the new year of pinball ahead.

pinmonk-sml2.pngpinmonk-sml2.png
#359 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

The fact that they removed the video means sloppy Quality in their media dept. I also think it means that the reveal has been delayed

There's still supposed to be a teaser this week AFAIK.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Where is this being reported? I would have thought video today announcement tomorrow to keep up with 3 cornerstones

Not "reported" that I'm aware of. This week is still on. I would guess the tease is between Tues-Thurs. We'll see. It's only supposed to be a tease though, I'm not expecting much.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, and look at Beatles. They apparently sold over 600 million albums worldwide and Stern's production of 1,964 sold very slowly.

I think that had more to do with Stern's absurd pricing scheme and Gold/Platinum/Diamond scam, plus the fact that it was a very low-effort reskin of an old (though well regarded) solid state Stern pin. Oh, and they didn't even have full songs or videos. Just a lot of negatives with Beatles, so no comparison.

Rush is at least a full, new pin and not a reskin with (apparently) complete songs, so it's starting from a better place right out of the gate.

And where are the Beatles sales currently? Pretty sure they're not close to the 1964 stated limit yet because they're stuck with Golds only to sell, so they haven't made many more.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Wow,after 2 hours on the phone with Sterns design team I am sorry to report there will be a 2 month delay in shipping Rush machines.I have convinced them to remove the Naked man on a stick and the backglass they were going to reuse from Zeppelin.Your welcome.

Meh. Fixed it on LZ, can fix it on Rush if need be.

LZ_Icarus_Mankini (resized).jpgLZ_Icarus_Mankini (resized).jpg
#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Damn…one word comes to mind FUGLY.

This is exactly the opposite reaction to the one I had. With the exception of the band members on the playfield that are just *okay*, I think the overall art packages are very good, and the LE package is fantastic.

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Really?
It’s the Premium guys I feel sorry for.
It’s awful.
The Pro and LE are fine.
Art, subjective though….

The cab on the Premium looks lazy compared to the Pro and LE, but the total packages on all three are not terrible, and the LE is really great. Nothing as embarrassing as the LZ packages.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just for giggles, can you work your photoshop magic and put some different powdercoat on the le? Curious how purple would look

Lots of kind of purple, from Batman purple to deep purple, but here are some colors. Any of these with a metal flake should look pretty boss IRL.

RUSH-LE-teal.pngRUSH-LE-teal.pngRUSH-LE-yellow.pngRUSH-LE-yellow.pngRUSH-LE-blue.pngRUSH-LE-blue.pngRUSH-LE-purple.pngRUSH-LE-purple.pngRUSH-LE-lightbluepearl.pngRUSH-LE-lightbluepearl.pngRUSH-LE-rust.pngRUSH-LE-rust.pngRUSH-LE-orange.pngRUSH-LE-orange.png
#1571 2 years ago

The Premium with some colored powdercoating options...
RUSH-PREM-white.pngRUSH-PREM-white.pngRUSH-PREM-blue.pngRUSH-PREM-blue.pngRUSH-PREM-gray.pngRUSH-PREM-gray.pngRUSH-PREM-purple.pngRUSH-PREM-purple.pngRUSH-PREM-red.pngRUSH-PREM-red.png

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Every one of those colors look good to me .Thanks PinMonk

I was kind of unexpectedly partial to the icy gray.

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought the LE siderails were cut-out guitars?

EDIT: Went back and re-did the LEs with the guitar cutout I didn't pick up on the side rails. Made them overall darker colors so the guitar reads better.

I did a rust one, too, that I think matches the steampunk aesthetic really well.

RUSH-LE-rust.pngRUSH-LE-rust.png
#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes.. people compare Rush to Tron, but it may compare better with X-men.

Yeah, I think it's closer to X-men, but the shots have been loosened up a bit (X-men has 4 shots from the right orbit to the center shot, Rush has 3) and the bottom area below the pop bumpers is re-arranged compared to X-men. But those are good changes, IMO. And no-crappy sight-blocking Ice bridge. I never found X-Men super-fun to play and with a little looser shot map, this should be better.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was actually a legit question, not just nitpicking - I saw your mockups an thought what a shame they didnt do actual cut-out guitars. The guitar cut-outs are the best LE side rail yet from Stern.

Oh, I didn't take it as nitpicking. I just COMPLETELY missed the cutout on the LE. I guess it just blended into the art for me. It does look much better with darker colors, though. Lighter colors don't pop on the LE armor.

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Thanks for doing these again Vic. Seeing the full side rails colored shows why they went with black powder. It looks best IMHO

Yeah, the LE needs dark colors for the guitar to pop. I actually like the rust one.

The Premium looks good with a pretty wide range of colors, though.

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Isn’t there 1000 LE’s compared to the normal 500? And it’s sold out has it? Goes to show that no matter the theme, Stern LE will always sell out so why not offer 1000 LE’s for every title?

This may be true in the COVID economy, but Stern has had some LE clunkers pre-COVID that they had trouble selling through, most notably WWE LE. But Munsters LE was slower and there have been others. However in COVID wacky time with parts shortages leading to machine scarcity thrown in, the feeding frenzy has to do with the demand from flippers and the latent money built up from 2 years of general public's delayed vacations, eating out, etc that have given people more income to spend on home luxuries like pinball.

I remember being told from an veteran Stern insider that Stern was too unsure to bump Iron Maiden to 666 LEs because they weren't sure they would sell out. So, not that long ago, even 500 units of IRON MAIDEN (!) was not a sure sales smash guarantee.

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

(i may not understand you but) its right the same !
see again : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players/page/27#post-6692899
only the to 2 "light lock" targets are not at same place (simply because they have made the entry jump-ramp larger than the Magneto apperture)

Right. One less shot on each side of the center for Rush because the targets are gone.

#1739 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

People, I am only gonna say it one more time: Australians do not like Rush.

But they allegedly like vegemite, so anything's possible.

Maybe they need to just acquire a taste for Rush...

#1744 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

From what I have seen over the last few months of various attempts to proselytize, alas… I believe these efforts will be in vain.

You won't be able to preach compliance. As with vegemite, they will have to try it...a LOT...before they have a chance of liking it.

#1745 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

For the record I’m not a fan of vegemite

This is encouraging.

Remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

5,279,999 to go.

Pretty sure this is child abuse, at least in the US:

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not gone, they are now at the right ramp base...

Ah, yes. I see them now, thanks. So, typical Borg slight remix of the same design of his he's been using (normal or mirrored) more than any other for like 10 years.

#1886 2 years ago

I was thinking of the times Borg has reused this basic layout (regular or mirrored) and came up with:

(left/right version is where the pop bumpers are, and designates regular or mirrored layout)
2008 Indiana Jones (Stern) - Left version (2 flipper)
2010 TRON - Right version (3 flipper)
2011 Xmen - Left Version (3 flipper)
2015 KISS - Left version (2 flipper)
2017 Aerosmith - Left Version (2 flipper - main PF)
2022 Rush - Left Version (3 flipper)

So I think TRON is the only one where he put the shot through the pop bumpers on the right. Is there any I missed?

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A friend of mine RebelGuitars posted a pic on FB with a mirrored TMNT and the new RUSH Layout.....
[quoted image]

Right, but I didn't include TMNT because it doesn't have the trademark X-Men/TRON pop bumper garden shoot through on the left or right. The pop bumpers are completely moved to the top of the PF.

#1990 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You do this yet for the pro?

No, but now I have. I did 7 options. Let me know if there's one you wanted to see that I didn't do.

RUSH-PRO-cornflower-blue.pngRUSH-PRO-cornflower-blue.pngRUSH-PRO-burgundy.pngRUSH-PRO-burgundy.pngRUSH-PRO-orange.pngRUSH-PRO-orange.pngRUSH-PRO-red.pngRUSH-PRO-red.pngRUSH-PRO-teal.pngRUSH-PRO-teal.pngRUSH-PRO-brown.pngRUSH-PRO-brown.pngRUSH-PROyellow.pngRUSH-PROyellow.png

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

WoW. Alright, I may have to do this one. What’s the color code for it? Looks like it matches the owl perfectly. Like a teal? Love it!
[quoted image]

I called it teal. Since these are just color approximations, there is no powdercoat code. You'll just have to ask at your powdercoater.

T-molding might be more of a challenge, though. There aren't a lot of color choices in that.

But on the pro, I like that combination, too.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you do a few more le schemes? Maybe some diff purple shades? Thanks!

LE with some darker purples and reds and a blue...

RUSH-LE-dk-blue.pngRUSH-LE-dk-blue.pngRUSH-LE-dk-burgundy.pngRUSH-LE-dk-burgundy.pngRUSH-LE-purple1.pngRUSH-LE-purple1.pngRUSH-LE-purple2.pngRUSH-LE-purple2.pngRUSH-LE-purple3.pngRUSH-LE-purple3.png
#2171 2 years ago

Just put a spongy brain or brain target there to increase the theme integration beyond "stainless steel plate." Hit the brain enough times to enable time machine and dementia onset.

hemispheres-shot.jpghemispheres-shot.jpg
#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I had a fellow Hoosier surprise me

I've never seen hoser spelled like that.

#2398 2 years ago

Rayday earned his wings today.

rayday_earned_wings (resized).jpgrayday_earned_wings (resized).jpg
#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

The LE touts 3 channel amplifier with upgraded speakers.
Would buying a pinwoofer system to replace the Stern LE speaker system be worth doing / a big step up?

Pretty sure it's just the same on-board Spike2 amplifier they've had for years, and it is underpowered for driving the upgraded speakers, so if you want to crank it, a small external amplifier is a good choice.

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Definitely hoping this was proto and shipping with white.

Thats-Racist-clean.gifThats-Racist-clean.gif
#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

anybody know where the on/off switch is? if it on the bottom right of the upper cab, I'm going to need to find a way to access the power switch when this is added to my lineup
for reference, the switch on a STh LE is in the bottom right of the upper cab. my SO can't reach that location, so I needed to reorganize the lineup to accommodate.

Same location as all Spike machines. Bottom right of the head.

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Add a pinnovators adapter and an external powered subwoofer and you will be fine. Makes a big difference in the sound.

Yeah, there are a lot of paths, but an external amplifier of some sort is central to all of them. The built in amp is just too wimpy.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

On all my sterns the speakers are plenty loud with an external sub. The game is not a high end stereo system. Thanks f you want to piss off your neighbors or not hear yourself think then add an amp. It’s really over kill. Might as well add some tower speakers then.

Yeeess, that's what I said. The external sub has an amplifier. So, you chose a path adding an amplifier.

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

When Led Zeppelin learned they were getting a pinball machine they thought it would have bells and chimes.

No wonder it's missing all the bells n whistles.

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I've gone rick and morty on this title.....
That is, i have looked att all the clips on youtube, wiki it etc.
I'm sorry to say, i'm totally puzzled.
The music(?) Is really terrible. The main char is supercreepy, weird and a spitting image of the sleeze char in the warriors movie.
You know the "come out and play" char.
I was so confused, i even played some of their songs(?) At a get together and none cared for it.
Strange. The game looks nice though.
Anybody care to explain. Puzzled.

Some people can say even a well-regarded scotch sucks the first time they try it. But the ones that stick with it and keep trying it will discover layers and subtleties in a good scotch over time and come to love it.

They're not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because they have terrible music and a creepy lead singer. The layers are there for you to discover and appreciate, but you have to spend the time.

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I will try, it seems really very far of though.
Thanks.

An open attitude and time are what you need, but there is no guarantee you will like their music in the end. But having it attached to a pinball machine sure helps. I was not a KISS fan *at all* when I got the KISS LE because it was beautiful and fun, but after a year or two, I liked all but two songs on it. And the machine is long gone now, and I'm still not a fan per se, but I still enjoy those songs I liked from the pin when they come on the radio or a stream.

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

That first sentence there reads as though you are giving reasons for why Rush is not in the hall of Fame, when in fact they are. I get what you are trying to say, though, and agree that they can be an acquired taste.

I was quoting the things the other person said back to contrast with the fact that they ARE in the RRHoF.

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Crack open a couple of Norrlands Guld Export, slap on some headphones and listen to "Second Nature" on Hold Your Fire. Greta Thunberg would be impressed.

How dare you!

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Regarding mods. Does anybody out there have experience creating a ramp mod? My idea is to remove one of the ramps and make it more of a ladder, i.e. Jacob's Ladder. Thinking of simply painting it. Any recs on accomplishing this or do you think I would just end up destroying a perfectly working ramp?

I'd just print a ladder on vinyl. It's been done on other pins (Iron Maiden comes to mind) very effectively and is reversible.

Here's the maiden one Tilt did:
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/iron-maiden-ramp-decals-stone-stairs-mod

#2748 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Does this work well?
I have the maiden and been hesitant in getting this for the ramp.
And now will have rush ramp to deal with as well.
So, anyone used these? Would recommend?

It looks great, but I haven't personally used it. I also haven't heard any complaints about it, so I'm assuming it's ok.

#2764 2 years ago
Quoted from tripp:

One Mod I would gladly pay for is something that covers the QR code reader on the apron of the LE.
A decal with a chain and another gear maybe?
[quoted image]

That wizardmod place has magnetic aprons that are pretty nice. They just snap over the top of the existing apron, covering the QR code.

I think they're in Europe, so shipping probably takes a week or two, but one possible solution. They have pretty much all the recent pins, but no Rush yet. Probably after release.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

any updates on when the pros will be shipping?

Seems like next week, but only to locations. Pros to homes probably the end of the month/first week of Feb?

#3054 2 years ago

Here's a couple more armor colors for RUSH LE people wanted to see:

RUSH-LE-dk-green.pngRUSH-LE-dk-green.pngRUSH-LE-red.pngRUSH-LE-red.png
#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If that's vinyl you're talking about, I'm over the surface noise. I get there's a certain analog "warmth," but having grown up on vinyl, I think the world moved on for a reason. I believe we're just in a nostalgic vinyl Renaissance right now.

Vinyl for digitally mastered music is a gimmick, IMO. The digital recording bit depth of the sampling rate of the machine(s) used at the studio lops off the warmth that used to be transferred from the analog tapes to the analog vinyl.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously think that a brass/copper metallic is the only appropriate finish for RUSH LE armor.....

Yeah, I liked that rust one.

2 weeks later
#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

John didn’t give many clues but indicated that he had a hand in the design. He said it has a moving component(s) and is interactive with game play. He likened it to the Munsters topper: “This one’s crazy. This one is really really cool. People with 7 foot ceilings: I feel sorry for you!”

So, Time Machine with moving reels and vintage type tubes, confirmed?

#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but its damn cool

I think it's crazy that they've been holding on to RUSH wireform stock since March 31, 2021.

#3739 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

The Fly By Night owl was my first thought as well. Flapping wings, darting eyes, a light show.....
Then again, that may be too similar to the pro backglass - you'd have two owls stacked on top of each other (one on the backglass and one on the topper).

TMNT all over again. Duplication of design with the toppers/backglass is irritating.

#3745 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s already been done. For Example, JPs topper unlocks the Goat Mania mode.

But you can get that now if you hook the machine to insider connected w/o a topper.

#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Really!!? Wow, that IS crazy! Just goes to show how far in advance that well oiled machine is and how many different titles they have coming and going. Very impressive

Or how backed up production still is...

#3798 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Know anywhere besides Walmart that's doing this price?
I fuckin despise Walmart and would rather not.

Costco has the wireless one on sale for $229.

https://www.costco.com/klipsch-r-12swi-wireless-powered-subwoofer.product.100803576.html

3 weeks later
#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It occurred to me that there are more mechanical differences between Prem/LE and Pro than on any other Stern I can think of:
- ball lock behind drops
- dual kickout from scoops
- VUK
- ramp motor
- drum clock
The last last one is just cosmetic, and none of them really change the layout, but it was still enough to push me from Pro to Premium. And I hate paying for Premium features. Wondered if anyone else was thinking this.

Iron Maiden Pro/Prem had at least the same amount of differences:

1. Sarcophagus lock
2. Motorized guardian tomb entrance on left ramp
3. Center ramp raise/lower
4. Hit detecting orb at lower target instead of flat target
5. RGB beacon in the upper right of the PF

Maiden also had a mode not available on the pro that was exclusive to the Prem/LE.

1 week later
#4351 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Shouldn’t pros be next? Typically goes location pros, LEs, 1st full pro run, premiums no?

I think Stern is prioritizing money money money, so Prems next then home Pros last. Location Pros, LE, Premiums, Home Pros. I wouldn't be surprised if they're reducing the pro run size, too. Why wouldn't they? They're selling everything they make. "Why waste time with the lower profit pros once the location ones are out for visibility?" is their likely epiphany. And from a a purely profit-centric point of view, they're right.

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not a fan of the insider program, so I fixed that dumb light. Hard to get a good print on regular paper, photo paper doesn't let the light thru
[quoted image][quoted image]

Try printing on transparencies made for inkjet or laser (you need the one for each specific type).

#4397 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did, it took 3 days to dry and was too transparent. But someone with better skills than a farmer can make this a better option. Someone will make a great one

You can get transparencies with the white backing already on.

Something like this (if you're using an inkjet):
https://www.amazon.com/WeLiu-Inkjet-Printers-Inches-Sheets/dp/B082TZVWG9

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.