20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 2 years ago

I wouldn't have ever called myself a Rush fan, but listening more in anticipation of a reveal and damn. This will be some good pinball music.

I love me some Borg, so this may be a buy if the layout has more in it than LZ and the Pro is at least relatively close to the Premium.

#394 2 years ago

Gotta be the return of Expression Lights for this one, yeah?

#424 2 years ago

No YYZ, but 17 tracks is deeper than expected!

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Come on all you junior detectives, you guys are slacking today!! who knows what other songs we are in for !
[quoted image]

Guessing this is just their ASCAP publishing label. But I will hold out hope for some secret YYZ action.

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't feel bad for me. It was one of my grails and I love it just the way it is. Sorry you didn't like it. But Steve didn't phone it in (it was a grail theme for him as well, after all). His original idea was nixed, so he had to come up with a Plan B. Zeppelin is a PITA license to work with, like Disney stuff.
I'm sure this game will be great as well and I'm in for one for sure. With Borg designing and the LZ team on code, I'm sure it will be awesome.

I would love to know more of the backstory on why the original Zep design was nixed. Anywhere to read up?

#562 2 years ago

Definitely curious to see how they integrate the songs. As Rarehero mentioned, I'm guessing for some of the longer tracks we're getting segments tied to modes. I actually really like how that was executed on Iron Maiden - pick your backing track of choice, but then for the Fear of the Dark and Rime of the Ancient Mariner modes the track kicked in at the more uptempo parts. I think this is kind of a happy medium and I'm personally hoping they don't just go with the Zeppelin-esque jukebox setup.

#591 2 years ago

Who's gonna mod in some I Love You, Man?

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

A quick question for the Stern NIB regulars: What is the educated guess for when the Premiums will be available? LE's are manufactured first, as mentioned above (February?), but do Pros come before Premiums or does Stern tend to manufacture both simultaneously? Just trying to work out the budget here... Thanks.

Not a NIB regular, but I've gleaned that it goes Pros (for operators), LEs, then Premiums. Not sure what that will do to the Rush timeline but yeah February sounds OK?

#702 2 years ago

Times like these I wish they would just reveal it all instead of just a teaser, lol.

That said, I'm curious what people are hoping for from the layout. I have TMNT and it's a blast to shoot when you're on and very punishing when you're not. I'd love something a little less demanding, but with Borg's penchant for a third flipper and flow. No need for a lower or upper playfield for me. Drops would be ideal, and maybe a shot through the pops like he's worked in on a couple other designs.

Let's hear your layout wishlist. What works best for the theme?

#764 2 years ago

Just played about an hour of TMNT while jamming through Signals and a few other tracks. A little Borg + Rush preview.

Definitely could use some more Signals in this pin.

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Im hoping pop bumpers sound like drums ,dont care they already did it in LZ

Was thinking about LZ sound package last night, and one thing that really irked me in that game was the sling sounds. They sound like lasers or something way more modern than I felt like should be on a Zep pin. I hope Rush has something that fits their vibe a bit better.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

So a Podcaster said that LE is confirmed at 10.5. What does that mean for Prem prices?

Link? Too many pinball podcasts lol.

#887 2 years ago

Definitely curious about the older style 90-degree vuk there...

#966 2 years ago

I'd take YYZ and then either The Analog Kid or The Camera Eye.

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Kiss and Met were Borg and pros are good.

And TMNT Pro is also very comparable to Premium/LE.

#1267 2 years ago

Layout looks like a lot of fun - always love drops and an under flipper shot. I think we've got an orbit to hit from the upper flipper too? Only concerns at the moment are code (was not huge on LZ code) and holy cow the shots look tight. I know sales go fast these days but I think I need to see a little proper gameplay first.

Lotta multiballs too which I'm in for! Thank you Borg for generally making a comparable Pro.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1277 2 years ago

Just realized the artist has done a bunch of stuff in disc golf - stamps for the PDGA and such. That's awesome in my book!

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agreed, I think the good stuff and the gameplay will all still be there.

For anyone potentially on the fence regarding Pro vs. Premium, this feels very similar to TMNT in my opinion. On that one I borrowed a friend's Premium, fell in love with the game, and bought a Pro.

I haven't missed the Premium once - the gameplay bones are all so similar.

I think it'll be the same with Rush, which is so nice considering the gap in Pro/Pre differences in GZ and LZ. I really appreciate this about Borg, and it's very likely a Rush Pro will line up next to my TMNT because apparently I like to be punished by his designs.

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

A friend of mine RebelGuitars posted a pic on FB with a mirrored TMNT and the new RUSH Layout.....
[quoted image]

Ha this is wild. Upper half layout is pretty similar but there are some significant diffferences between TMNT and Rush:

- Diverter is standard on Rush (Prem/LE only on TMNT)
- Up the middle has the Time Machine on Rush
- Lower half has thru pops, drops, and standups instead of two mono-targets.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I wonder if it means this will play as fast/mean as TMNT

I hope it's a little easier. I love TMNT (and iirc you do too) but when you're a little off you're waaaaay off. Hoping Rush is a bit more forgiving since there are some long jams.

#2169 2 years ago

Just noticed Jack's setup had yellow flipper bats. Hoping that's just a quick Rush job (lol) to get it ready for the stream because white goes much better with the art imo.

#2347 2 years ago

Game looks tremendous. Who's making a center ramp lighting mod for the Pro?

#2376 2 years ago

Is it too bold to say that Stern answered GnR with this one? Maybe not as far as total amount of toys and lights, but they knocked theme integration/assets out of the park. Super stoked to be in on this one!

#2416 2 years ago

One minor improvement I hope they can code in would be to have the time machine hold a ball for staging at the beginning of multiballs. I need to breathe for a moment! Otherwise looks phenomenal.

#2456 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone one else bothered that they switched the flipper bats from white (promo) to yellow?

Definitely hoping this was proto and shipping with white.

#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Lol touché

#2470 2 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

What a great idea! I agree as drum centric as RUSH is, a pair of the professor’s sticks indeed belong under the glass. I just bought a pair of these, least expensive mod ever!
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Promark/Neil-Peart-Autograph-Series-Drumsticks-Wood-Tip-1274034490299.gc?source=4WWMWXGL&storeCode=&source=4WWMWXGL&gclid=CjwKCAiA5t-OBhByEiwAhR-hm-NiiBbeb4jEHYCTg0anWzSuYZssr9372qv5jRUA63FcldBgqHcdJhoC4FsQAvD_BwE

Ok this is awesome, but where? Could cover one of the main ramp returns but that takes up a lot of visibility...

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Thanks for posting this. That helps somewhat, but at this stage it's sounding a little too "tournament calculator" for my tastes. I was really hoping to see some creative, objective-based modes that made clever use of the storylines of the songs.

I'll politely disagree with the notion that they haven't made the modes somewhat story-based. Working Man requires getting the drum clock to 5 pm, Limelight involves hitting shots to increase your fame then escape it at the end, Spirit of Radio makes you "blast radio waves" by hitting the spinner. It's not in the rulesheet yet, but there was an RPM component to Red Barchetta Multiball, plus the aforementioned Fly By Night mode where you turn out the lights. I was actually pretty pleased with the balance of tournament-style and story-based rules this early on.

#2745 2 years ago

Doing chores around the house and letting Rush play on Spotify, and I never realized how much their 70s offerings sounded like the more exploratory Zeppelin stuff. I definitely prefer the Permanent Waves through Signals era, but the way the band evolved through the years is highly interesting.

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

listening to the stern insider panel interview and around the 33:40 mark, sexton mentions that there's a mode that unlocked revolving around 'the weapon'. that track is not a part of the 17 songs currently revealed making me think that we might get additional tracks with software updates.
I'd love to see stern beat out the 22 songs on JJP's guns 'n roses pin

I think this is just theme integration for the action button, similar to how they used Roll The Bones for the bonus. There was a spot on the stream where "Weapon Ready" flashed on the screen.

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That's not cool at all. One of the reasons I sold Maiden was because of that.
We're going to get 15 seconds of Cygnus at a time? Hopefully this is changed on a later update. Again - MET and KISS got it perfect. LZ is pretty good too - can totally rock out to the songs, find the rhythm and grove playing pinball.
Speaking of perfection.....

Agree to disagree. I love how Maiden is coded. If I want the full song I pick it at the beginning, but I still get some other songs throughout the process. I think it keeps things a little more compelling but that Rush just needs the transitions between tracks to be less abrupt.

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My wishlist for added tracks changes daily lol.
Today it's YYZ and Bastille Day.
Wait. Is Bastille Day on there? Can't remember now.

Bastille Day is in

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2883 2 years ago

Watching the Deadflip stream, and it seems odd to me that when a multiball drains to single ball it still stays in the multiball song (instead of toggling back to the song mode you were in or the track you chose at the start of play). Not sure how I feel about that.

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

With the songs changing abruptly, the new goal is going to be how to avoid the switch. And timeing how far you got into the Subdivisions, or 2112. There needs to be an award/badge for finishing a song. a percentage bar in the app to see how far you've gotten through each song. put a steam punk clock in the corner of the screen. The new high score is going to be real song progress. Just brain storming. Buzzzzed

I think it just needs a little more staging/callouts and it'll feel better. Maiden changes songs all the time and I don't see anyone too upset about it.

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Watching the premium stream and found the insider connected pop up sound as annoying as the scoop eject.
Anyone know if this can be disabled or just muted?
Thanks!

Not sure, but I imagine after the first few games of piling on early achievements it's not firing off as much.

#3300 2 years ago

Hoping that I spy white flipper bats on that Logan Arcade pin...

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some Pro gameplay posted on Tilt Amusements FB page.

Yessssss white flipper bats we are saved.

Dead end shot nicely trickles back to the right flipper, not a ton of shots being made to the Time Machine but man everything looks super smooth.

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Is there a video with John Borg talking about the Rush pin?

Not sure of video, but Stern has a podcast up: https://insider.sternpinball.com/exclusives/podcast/244

#3469 2 years ago

Currently streaming a Pro - the kid put up a bill on ball 1 earlier https://www.twitch.tv/pinballnetwork

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

There have been several lengthy pro model streams over the past few days - PinBallers on PinballNetwork and HUPChallenge, both on Twitch, are two I've watched. It seems that the dead end shot (left of time machine ramp) is really deadly, and comes rocketing back towards the flippers on a strong hit. This is the only feature that would give me hesitation about picking up a pro.
Curious what others have thought about the pro gameplay. I'll be playing one as soon as they go on location near me.

I'll have to go check out HUPChallenge. My only gripe so far (regardless of model) is that the multiball tracks stay playing after going back to single ball. Other than that it looks to be fun and flowy!

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Headlong Flight IMO is the highlight of Clockwork Angels. It is heavy, melodic and just blows doors!

I'm big on the Permanent Waves through Signals era and truly cannot stop listening to Headlong Flight. It rips.

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

13 years on Axl!

For just one concert right?

#3829 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've always severely disliked keyboards. Prob why I never ventured far into later Rush. I can tolerate them these days, esp considering Geddy is playing them.
But the Big Money made it but no Animate?!
C'mon man!

I'd call it an outlier for sure, but it's grown on me the more I've listened. It screams 80s and sometimes I love it - other times not so much. I think it was considered a "hit" so hence the inclusion on the pin, probably.

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah 1985 was a very forgettable year in music
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If by "forgettable" you mean FULL OF JAMS then yes.

#3939 2 years ago

This game slams. Had so much fun playing it on location today. Lighting alone made JP look like poop, and JP is not poop. Time Machine shot trickier than I expected and the drop target area is plenty dangerous. Good times ahead people!

#3967 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I concur...Big Money is the dog of the setlist!

If I had to choose, I think I'd take off Far Cry or One Little Victory. Those don't feel as connected to the rest of the tracks in the game, sonically, as Big Money.

#4041 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well you guys changed my mind about The Big Money, and Headlong Flight still gets played 4-5 times a day here. But can anyone honestly say they're happy about Far Cry making the cut over other tracks that are more universally loved?
Will admit I'm new on Far Cry. Maybe it will grow on me, but I think I'll always be like IT SHOULDA BEEN YYZ

I'd be cool with it if it wasn't maybe the easiest multiball to start. It's fine but we're gonna hear it a ton and would've preferred Freewill there instead of behind the drops.

#4160 2 years ago

Oh those light blue Titans look tasty. I was toying with pink but might roll with these. What did you put on upper flipper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onemilemore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.