20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lateralus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nice to see a 3rd flipper design from Borg.

TFTC had 3 flippers.

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Well...
In that case, I guess a Borg 3 flipper design is destined to be a POS.

Yikes... Lol. I guess that's one way to look at it?

Anyway, I love TFTC and I think this pin looks great too. I like Borg's pins, so I'm happy for all who want to enjoy this as well. Cheers!

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Absolutely, it feels good and Stern wins either way! but boy.. $12.4 out the door for an LE? that wouldn't feel good at all! Pro it is this time.

$12.4? I thought it was $11.4, that's what I paid.

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I really dislike TFTC, obviously.
This actually does look substantially better. I'm just giving crap to the flippant (lulz) response to me saying that it's nice to see a 3 flipper design from Borg holding out TFTC as an example. Like......do you REALLY want to compare to a game from 20+ years ago? Big yikes indeed.

Trying to keep this thread positive as it's just WAY, WAY too easy to troll and to condescend others from a keyboard, so why not just be cool to other people, ya know? Life is good!

It's all good! You stated, "it's nice to see a 3 flipper design from Borg" and I was just saying he did have one previously: TFTC!

I wasn't comparing the pins... at all, obviously, I never compared them. I was just stating he had a 3 flipper design previously! He might have others, I can't recall and would have to look through his list of games! Cheers to Borg, 3 flippers, Rush, and pinball in 2022! It's going to be great!

#1859 2 years ago

I did just finish listening to the Stern Insider podcasts on Rush, and I found them very cool to listen to! If you haven't already, it's worth a listen while working or whatever.

#2487 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

It literally sounded like microwave buttons telling me my hot pocket was ready. I didn’t dig the stream at all. Just went back and watched it again. I think diehards would enjoy band members doing the call outs but they sounded so cheesy to me.

If you watched that entire stream and weren't enjoying it or "digging" it at all, even for a minute, then that's really unfortunate for you. It just might not be your thing, and that's all good, but I really liked it a lot.

All hype aside, it looked like a really good Borg game. It's early code, so there are areas and time for improvements, but that is one slick shooting pin they created. It was hard to not be enjoying that machine, for me anyway.

#2947 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Peart described the Starman in an interview with Creem magazine: The man holding his hands up against the red star is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolizes any collectivist mentality.
Smart man that Peart was. =)

Yeah, I love that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-mods-/05762-rush-flasher-cap-covers-
Our caps are available for pre order now
Rush flash cap covers, resin based with high details. Each cap is hand painted in 3 different colors to give the utmost detail, after painted they are cleared coated with UV clear to protect the paint from fading or chipping. Our caps will mount using sterns current hardware that's on the playfield. We will be receiving our game the 3 rd week of January hopefully and will make final adjustments and begin shipping the first week of February.
These come in sets of 2 , 4 or 6, buy more and save !!!
[quoted image]

These look great! These look like they would be worth it for an LE, probably? I guess each machine has 2 bumpers it seems?

Great job on these, btw.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

They're for the flashers, not the bumpers. Need to relook at the the playfield but theres a total of 6?

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should read gooder...

Thanks!

1 week later
#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Nope. Benton Parkade. It was my first time there. A few people came and went while I was there but I was mostly alone the whole time. Had a pizza and a latte. Alcohol is an option. I really liked the place.

Yeah, please stop. You're making those of us from St. Louis just look bad. You have to admit, you just rambled off words and grouped them together and tried to pass off as a review or impression, then said pizza and latte in the same sentence.

Come on, man!

I just kid.. sorta-ish.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Pinball doesn’t need reviews. It’s pinball. It’s fun. Everybody knows that on this website and no one needs a proper review. If pizza and coffee makes this city look bad just wait until they find out about the rampant meth use and racism. Also, don’t know if it makes a difference but it was a breakfast pizza.

Yeah, I was just messing with ya man lol. It's all good.

To say racism and meth makes this city look bad, I'm not sure what part you live in - that must suck; however, that is everywhere, not just this city. I just came from vacation - It's there as well. I look forward to your review on that too!

I'm just having some fun with you man lol. Have a good night

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I played half a dozen games on the Pro at Padavans last night. A few impressions from a novice after beating the ball around.
The guys on the videos make it look like it's an easy game... Wasn't for me. Man I hit a lot of bricks. I'm sure after some time on there it will get easier. That upper ramp shot from the top flipper was impossible for me. That said, another guy there was nailing it so maybe I just suck. Lol
The music is awesome, good flow. I don't know the rules or what to shoot so it was one of those "hit what's flashing" games for me, only in my case it was "hit the post next to what's flashing".
I can say I have an LE coming and after playing the pro I'm really excited.

Yeah I have a feeling that will be the case for me too at first lol. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, man!

I'm looking forward to my LE as well, but my buddy and I are actually going to take it to my uncle's house for a while once it arrives. He got me into Rush when I was young, he has seen Rush 30+ times and always wears a Rush shirt everytime you see him, but he recently suffered multiple strokes and thought he would love this pin while he recovers.

He has to have physical therapy several times a week, on medication the rest of his life, and is on medical leave from work, but we didn't lose him, so thought this would be great for him to enjoy while going through this. My nurse friend said it would be good for his coordination recovery too.

He totally flipped out when I told him, and we're really close, so it's a great feeling. He's been watching videos constantly because he is so excited lol. Maybe he'll give it back to me someday lol. Can't wait to play it though!

#3642 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sorry to hear about your uncle, but what a terrific nephew you are! I'm sure he'll like that a lot. BTW, does uncle happen to have a country place that no one knows about?

Wow, I appreciate all of the positive responses, guys. Thank you. I really appreciate it, sincerely.

I'm going to show him this thread when I see him next and show him all of the support from the pinside and Rush community. It will mean a lot to him. He just got a smartphone like a month ago, so he really has no idea how connected some communities are.

Thanks again, everyone. It means a lot. He has a long road ahead, but he is still with us. He's a really good person and he deserves it. I will keep this thread updated, for sure. I'll take a picture when we get it set up over there and we'll say hi.

#3643 2 years ago

I also played Rush yesterday at CP Pinball and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was fast, smooth and unforgiving lol. It took me a few games to really get shots down, but once I did it felt really smooth and satisfying.

At first, I did horrible. After some games, I still did terrible, then I started getting games at 30+ million. One game I got 130mil and couldn't tell you how I did it. Then was back to just doing ok.

It was the Pro, so the Prem/LE could be different, also the code isn't finished, but I honestly was really happy with it. I went on and played other games, and kept coming back to this.

It was really addicting hitting shots from that right flipper, hitting that spinner, and nailing that time machine and watching everything light up. The multiballs were fun af. It was hard to hear the music, so that's just the gameplay that was really enjoyable. It's definitely fast and it's not easy.

This was just my experience and my opinion, of course, and I wasn't disappointed. I can't wait for my LE and it's a damn good music pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3791 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Monoprice has some of their subs on sale.
I use four 12" subs in the home theater and some 8" ones on the pins.
I use an inexpensive mixer and run multiple pins on a couple of subs.
Wife's wall decorations in an adjacent room actually vibrate when Star Trek is being played. LOL
https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=sub
[quoted image]

So, I own a lot of Monoprice products and favor them very strongly. However, I actually bought this sub instead of the 10" Polk and I actually had to return it and was a pain in the ass. If you look up that model and google some reviews (especially on amazon), you will start to see some consistencies that it was underpowered or defected. I actually bought mine directly from Monoprice, so it seems to be a bad batch sent to vendors because they were familiar with my description immediately once I submitted a ticket.

I don't know if it was a certain factory run they had or what, but I received a bad sub from them, on this model, like a month ago and it was really annoying to deal with. In my opinion, and of course anyone can do what they want to do, but I would suggest a Klipsch or a Polk and spend a little more money.

This was just my experience and was shocked, actually, that I received a bad Monoprice sub. But it does seem specific to this model sub, a certain run or build, and consistent, numerous reviews stating the same issue. Just putting in my disgusting 2 cents out of my JORTS.

EDIT: I should add that I currently use the usual 10" Polk PSW10 like most people and it works great. I have a 11.2 home theater with all Klipsch premiers, so I know speakers pretty well. I do plan on buying a Klipsch R-12SW for Rush and I do currently use the Pinsub mixer on the Polk 10" to have multiple pins hooked up to it. Rush may get its own sub, at least initially.

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tried one of these and it rattles. Annoying as hell. Cannot figure out what is causing it. Unplugged it and put a Polk in its place.

I had this experience too with that sub.

#3812 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. Waste of money. Should’ve trusted a known audio company instead.

It seemed underpowered and defective, and it rattled. It seemed like the back of the woofer was hitting wires or rattling some panel; annoying af.

Had to return it and it was a pain in the ass, but finally got it completed. Buying the Klipsch instead.

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I just played a RUSH pro here in So Cal. The protectors were a joke. We took the glass off three times to get the stuck ball out. Overall I was not impressed with the game play. Maybe the code is just not developed. The game is not even close to Godzilla. The music was great though!!! Hopefully they fix the scoop issue before they mfg the LE and Premiums. Overall first impression is disappointing. Hopefully the code improves and soon.

That really sucks for you, man. I thought it was amazing and an amazing Borg game.

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

External sub is the biggest bang for the buck audio wise on any pinball machine. I just ordered a Klipsch R12SW that will be shared between Rush LE and Iron Maiden Premium.
The built in audio amp on Sterns is way underpowered and sounds crappy even on LE speakers. I've been experimenting with small external amplifiers along with 5.25" backbox speakers and a cheap $10 amp is a noticeable improvement. I'm honing in on a combination I like and will be replicating it on all my Sterns.

I'm curious on what you ultimately decide on. I've done the Kenwood 5.25" speaker upgrade on my DP and have the external sub, but have not messed with any amps. I thought about going pinwoofer, but not sure if that's the route I want to go just yet.

It would be awesome to hear what you decide on here or via PM as I'm very interested myself.

I want to give my Rush LE some great sound.

#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have pinwoofers on all my music pins and gz as well. Better speakers without increasing power is a waste of money, I know this from several tries. Rush needs to be played at volume and with much better clarity, pinwoofer solves that.

I understand, and that's a great perspective. I've heard good things about PW. I will say though, the $25 on Kenwoods weren't a waste of money. There was a definite improvement 100% noticeable; with an external sub and cranked loud it sounded great for us. $25 is a very small amount for a pinball mod if you don't want to spend $400+ on a PW.

Might not be a PW level or difference, but when that costs $400+ and the speakers cost $25, and we went from crap 4" speakers to 5.25" Kenwoods and we're happy with the sound difference that made, it wasn't a waste of money. Not at all. I may explore the consideration of a pw for Rush just to try one out as I have a dedicated Klipsch for it already - it sounds like a fun investment.

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

FWIW we played a Rush pro on the weekend. The place had the sound cranked up on the machine and the bass was overwhelming the stock speakers something fierce. The bass hits were obviously bottoming the speakers out and 'blatting' at us.

So, how did you like the actual gameplay?

3 weeks later
#4321 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I did though.
[quoted image]

I think you're overthinking it - just look.

You've just registered for the warranty from the card, correct? Now, login to your Insider Connect account, put that to the side by beside you...

Now, go to your Settings menu in your pin, go to Net setup, connect to your wifi. Now, do you see where in that same menu after you connected "Stern Insider Connected"? It even says, "To register your game, etc. etc.," just scan your Insider Connect QR code from your account and scan it on your pin.

Once it says "To complete registration..." on the pinball screen, go to your insider connect account on your phone/laptop, Click on your profile/avatar icon, Click "Machines", now click the button next to Rush to complete registration.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
1 week later
#4400 2 years ago

Deleted. Wrong thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lateralus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=lateralus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.