20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

This is the image we saw on the "leaked" picture.

Was definitely expecting a darker look to the graphics - should be interesting to see the final design.

rediscovered-debut-2 (resized).jpgrediscovered-debut-2 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just hope the opening of Spirit of Radio is what you hear when you hit the start button.

I remember our high school office used to play this often when it was time for home room in the morning. It was awesomeness.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

“Why does it happen, because it happens roll the bones”!!
Yes!!! Super excited!

The rap portion of Roll the Bones would be so cool.

Hoping for Jerry Stiller to make an appearance also

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I am on list for an LE. I just hope I get one. This would be a bolted to the floor game for me.

Same but being in Toronto it seems unlikely I will get one LOL

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never had that one but I have had the alternate Canada favorite.
[quoted image]

I've never seee or heard of this LOL

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really? Must be an American Canada thing.
[quoted image]

Take off eh!

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#64 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Rush rocks!!! The best three member progressive band ever!!! Look forward to the pin. Hoping for a great Borg layout!!!! Rock and Roll!!!!!! 2112!!!!!

YES!!!!!

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I heard it’s the same layout as Zeppelin.

It's not from what I heard, dont worry.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Wouldn't mind Working Man. They'd never use it, but Battle Scar would be amazing. You should check it out if you've never heard it. It's a song by a Canadian band named Max Webster, guest starring Rush. No disrespect to Max Webster, it's a Rush song. Any Rush fan would swear it is Rush. One Canadian band supporting another. Classic Geddy, Alex and Neil all over it. Great stuff.

Max Webster was a very cool band - I remember picking up a "best of" cassette in a bargain bin once. I was shocked how many good songs were on it.

Kim Mitchell the lead singer has a couple of small hits like "go for a soda" which was used by MADD.

Kim also was a DJ on the MIGHTY Q107 in Toronto for many years. Q107 of course is the rock station that inspired Spirit of Radio.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#144 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Got my ticket to go see Primus playing A Farewell to Kings, how's that?
Rush doesn't strike me as having very pinbally artwork, so it seems to me like original art not tied to specific Rush visuals would be the better pick (a la Aerosmith for example)

A 2112 theme would look awesome on a pin.

I wouldn't mind a humorous cartoon theme though - Geddy and Neil have a great sense of humor.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I actually think that a Beavis and Butthead pin would be amazing!!!

Same. Callouts would be hilarious.

#170 2 years ago

Soon I hope

FB_IMG_1640315386856 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640315386856 (resized).jpg
#177 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you folks from down under don't want your allotment, just send your spares back. You can't even find one here and the damn thing hasn't been announced yet.

Worse - I live in Toronto, home of Rush.

I didn't hear a peep back from my LE request 2-3 months ago. LOL.

Australia>> send us your Rush LEs!

#180 2 years ago

Very interesting.

Leads me to believe this pin is going to be more like Led Zeppelin and less like Aerosmith.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe he’s talking about art style?

Ya.. Hugh Syme is not a cartoon artist.

#207 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211224-221100_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211224-221100_Instagram (resized).jpg
#209 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211224-221109_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211224-221109_Instagram (resized).jpg
#225 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

This is the pin of a lifetime for me. It will be my first NIB in many years. I will gladly pay for the dream.

Same. Still can't believe it's coming.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Rush's sound changed dramatically over the years. For the early stuff I would recommend Caress of Steel. To me their pinnacle album of the 80's is Moving Pictures. Of their 90's stuff I would recommend Roll the Bones or Counterparts. Of their later 2000's stuff, Snakes and Arrows is very solid. But for some unknown to me reason, my all time favorite Rush album is Power Windows 1985. Probably more synthesizer than most Rush fans prefer, but I just love that album. Manhattan Project is just a masterpiece.

Dramatic is correct. I started with Moving Pictures and Signals in the 80s and went back from there as a teen. I stayed with them ever since growing up with their music.

Moving pictures and Signals are definitely the biggest hits but not necessarily the best music. Everyone is different but starting with some big songs can't hurt.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Dramatic is correct. I started with Moving Pictures and Signals in the 80s and went back from there as a teen. I stayed with them ever since growing up with their music.
Moving pictures and Signals are definitely the biggest hits but not necessarily the best music. Everyone is different but starting with some big songs can't hurt.

#271 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640543627075 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640543627075 (resized).jpg
#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

15 songs would be very healthy .

Ive actually heard it's more.

We shall see if that made the final machine.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I believe Rush has the absolute best full catalog of any band in rock history. Narrowing their pin to even 15 songs would be a brutal task.
[quoted image]

I agree. It's a huge catalog to pull from. I can't wait to see what they pick, I just hope there are somen newer modern songs also.

#305 2 years ago

This song... Has to be on the pin!

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

What song is it? The video is unavailable for the USA sadly.

Weird... Driven

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Great song for the pin for sure! I also love The main monkey business.

YYZ seems like a good bet, wonder if an instrumental like this would have a chance...

#376 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640645323551 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640645323551 (resized).jpg
#507 2 years ago

So excited, I'm all in.

Thank you Stern for making this.

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Pretty sure that YYZ is shorthand for the company that owns all the RUSH trademarks. SRO, as stated earlier, is their management company.

I had heard 19 so a couple of surprises may still be coming. Let's hope but I'm happy AF with 17.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I was wondering the same thing, especially with open slot looking machine resembling The Time Machine.

Time Machine will be key to this game I think.

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Correct.....This is simply MORE validation that they are one of the elite bands of all time. Which they easily are.....After decades of not getting the credit they always deserved.

I agree. Millions and millions of records sold but no many top 40 hits so not very top of mind to the general public.

I know a lot pinball people that are huge Rush fans though and that's what Stern knows.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I don't know.... YYZ is a hot mess of a song, or whatever you would call it.

It's an instrumental piece

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know who's more excited for this pin, me or John Borg. He's completely hammered his Facebook page with Rush posts.

I think he is more than a casual fan

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

This is without question the greatest pinday of my life! I have been a diehard, concert attending Rush fan for 40 years. There is so much to say but I’m truly thankful to those involved who pushed for it to become a reality. I know personally that this pin has been in the works for at least six years with Stern.
When it’s fully revealed I think we will all find out that the band members really had their creative stamp on it, including Neil.
The song list is very deep and while there are a couple of tracks not listed (so far) it’s a supreme list.
This is my first LE and I couldn’t be more excited at 50yrs old. Seems like this came at the right time for a lot of us who miss the band more than most can imagine. Rush is lifestyle for so many and this gives us back some of what has been taken away the last couple of years. Pure bliss, and the ability to be back in the moment.
Since I am probably the worst pinball player on pinside and have very little knowledge of rule sets, I’d like to hear how you all think the songs will be incorporated into the game?
The fact is if these tracks are played in their entirety then that is a lot of music in terms of time.
I don’t buy too many pins but this is the pin of a lifetime for me and I’ll never forget this day.
[quoted image]

Well said.

I think I may be worse lol but I don't care. At 53 I am also a life long fan. It's going to be a long painful wait for delivery but man, I am so blown away this is really happening.

#659 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640780096442 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640780096442 (resized).jpg
#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

...and they should. That was some impressive and hilarious material. The best was probably the Alex segments from Snakes and Arrows - bizarre but interesting as well.

I would think many of those outtakes will be added. I can't imagine this pin will be super serious, that's not Rush's personality.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Anybody willing to take some guesses on what we will see on the game? I am guessing the central toy will be a time machine based on the teaser video. We will have to hit something to determine if we are travelling forward or backward in time when we get it in the time machine. Travelling in time will take us to a song which will be a mode. The songs start in 1974 and they could technically take us all the way to 2112 in the future (even though the album was from 1976) which could be a mini or final wizard mode. Just my guess. What is yours?

I agree.. Time Machine makes the most sense. I suspect your predictions are pretty close.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Rush sold 40 million albums. Iron Maiden 100M. Metallica 120M. Rush was super niche outside of US.

Rush's sales statistics place it third after The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band in the US.

US UK and Canada were their big markets for sure but it's clearly the middle age male demographic that will sell the machine out no problem.

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But ask yourself what you'd get for them if you sold them today. Not a bad deal when you consider you enjoyed them for all this time and would either: a) make money on them; b) break even; or c) only lose a nominal amount of money on each.

Truth. That's how I sell my wife on these purchases.

Rush will be bolted to the floor until I die though.

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Cygnus book 1 and Cygnus book 2 are great tracks, but that’s like 30 minutes of music that’s a head scratcher for me on how that works in a pinball machine. Why not add four or five more of their more popular tracks for different choices?

Ya.. It will be interesting to see what has been done here. When I saw those tracks I thought the same thing.

#833 2 years ago

Another sign... Lol

20211230_172307 (resized).jpg20211230_172307 (resized).jpg
#862 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

There is another thread Motley Crue vs Rush. The poll indicates Motely Crue as the Champion. Let us light our torches and burn this wickedness!

I would buy a Motley Crue pin too. Rush is the dream machine for me though.

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:That’s a bunch of songs .We are very fortunate !
[quoted image]

Absolutely.

I still can't believe a Rush pin will be a real thing. I think the passionate fans got them in the Hall of Fame and I think a few at Stern got them a pin. ❤

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

No doubt this is true. I bet it went something like this.....
Gary: "Who?"
John: "Rush".
Gary: "We are rushing.....we are trying to get the games out as fast as possible but we only have so many parts and time"
John: "No! The band Rush....as a theme.....They are from Canada"
Gary: "You are fired"
John: "Gary no! You have to trust us!"

Lol - ya who knows. Just over the moon that it's happening.

I know there are a 100 other bands that deserve a rock pin also but you can't make everyone happy. I don't think Stern would do more than 1 per year but probably good odds we could see other rock pins from JJ or Spooky soon.

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Since i'm guessing the vast majority of people commenting in this thread are Rush fans, I wanted to throw this hidden gem out there for everyone to geek out on. This guy Tyler Warren took it upon himself to re-record the entire Permanent Waves album from beginning to end, and he played every instrument, vocal, and effect himself. It's an amazing enough feat to learn to cover either Neil, Geddy, or Alex's parts individually, but to thoroughly learn ALL of their parts for the entire record and completely nail each of their performances is truly next level. He even managed to capture the actual "sound and feel" of the record as well. As a musician myself, this is truly one of the most astounding things I have ever seen and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

That is fu**ing awesome

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

9am to distributors and 10am release to the masses - assume that is in CST.

I'll be checking my phone every 5 minutes on Tuesday lol

#992 2 years ago

Rose Bowl 2022

FB_IMG_1641084911891 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641084911891 (resized).jpg
#1020 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220101-202736_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220101-202736_Instagram (resized).jpg
#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I love the fact that Pinsiders are hoping for more obscure songs that I thought people would not recognize. Camera Eye , Red Sector A , Mystic Rhythms,
The Necromancer, Passage to Bangkok. I thought I was the only Rush Nerd, apparently there are lots more than I thought. Thank You Pinside for making me realize the power of RUSH and their fans.

Many of Rush's best songs are the ones only people who listen to the full albums know about. Powerful and passionate fan base got a pin made, it's no accident.

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Here's a RUSH story: so, Im at their Presto show in Toronto 1990's and at the end of the show we are waiting to make it to the exits and the row above me has 8 or 9 people, older in suits and ladies dressed nicely and sicking out like a sore thumb. So, I ask a lady in the group what motivated them to go to a Rush show as they were obviously out of place. She gave me a look up and down and asked why I went and I explained that Im a drummer, originally from Montreal, and this was my fist chance to see them in a home town show. I guess she was satisfied with my answer as she answered me that she is Alex Leifson's sister and then pointed out his Mom and Dad amongst other relatives. I then asked her, could she have ever imagined this success and she said he really sucked playing guitar, but stuck at it and the next thing she knew he was pretty good. Pretty good, I loved that...

Great story!

Mine is walking down Young Street as a kid (14-15 yrs) and seeing Geddy in a Mr Sub. I stopped and did a double take and it was definitely him, only person in the place. I went in and introduced myself, I was so nervous. He was very gracious and shook my hand. Sadly these were days before phone cameras and I had no pen and paper for an autograph. Never forget it though, I still feel bad about disturbing him while eating his lunch lol.

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool!! I used to live at Yonge and St.Clair and just after we moved in we were just driving around getting to know the neighbourhood before GPS and I was sitting at a stop sign with a cousin in from Ireland. Im looking down at a road map when my cousin asked me, "where does Geddy Lee live." As I looked up there was Geddy looking at me in his car at the cross-street with a "well, are you going to go" look on his face. He still lives in Rosedale and has a very cool unassuming looking house....

That's hilarious. I used to live at Young and Davisville. Never thought to look for his house.

Looks like I live pretty close to you now also!

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I have a Pro ordered/ reserved and just hope it has adequate amount of playfield assets.

Last few Pros have been ok IMO. Led Zeppelin is the exception.

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I disagree with your take. I like Borg layouts, I like his use of depth. TMNT, Met, walking dead, even Aerosmith. He is consistently giving us solid to good games. Rarely a bad design… munsters shoots great and was fun, the code issues weren’t his fault.

Correct though some of his games are a bit frustrating for lesser skilled players (like myself) so I can see why some people don't like games like Walking Dead and Turtles which can be brutal.

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Yeah, even the Pro looks great.

I think I actually like the look of the PRO better

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I love the callout " you missed, hoser!"

It's going to epic!

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha - it’s the most I’ve ever thought about the band rush in my life, which was previously never so good job stern. After seeing what they did to zeppelin fans, you have to be happy if you’re a rush fan.
Custom call-outs by the members is also cool. Seems like they cared about this game which always helps the overall feel of the experience.

Ed from BNLs being involved was key I think - He is a huge pin head.

#1306 2 years ago

< The pro model looks good to me. Best backglass, I’ll add a shaker and subwoofer and play away.

I agree - I'm going pro. Artwork alone is worth it, I love it!

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

WOW. The greatest news ever today... THE PRO LOOKS PHENOMENOL! A few things.. the games appears to have been designed at the same time as GNR & LZ being the spinner, ball lock, charge, lighting, etc. There's a ball lock at the bottom of the playfield for the Premium/LE similar to COMA in GNR which I passed on with the CE in GNR and don't need, my GNR LE is fine without it. No need for the Time machine in the upper left, there's a lot of space there and I'm confident they'll be an awesome mod made for it! The expression lighting is left out on the Premium and can likely be added to it if preferred, however, I have it on my LZ LE so I'm WAY more interested in the code/call outs for this game with Geddy, Alex & Ed. What a great day for pinball & my wallet! In for a Pro, the first time since Tron & GB since not missing much at all!! There's my early review too.

Pretty much the same take on it. Will go pro for this one, like the art better also.

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Okay modders, who is going to make some clothes dryers and a vending machine for my game? Or some chicken rotisseries? Or this keyboard?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

YES!!

Definitely in for these toys.

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

That’s great to hear about Godzilla Pro! At first glance it looks to be missing a lot but I’m gland it plays well! Have to check it now.

Godzilla PRO is awesome - wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I saw one for sale.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

It's really cool to see the comradery between Alex, Geddy & Ed. It does make everything about the game more interesting and believe it will translate to more fun in the gameplay.

Ya - all Toronto boys

Ed has a massive pin collection

Borg is a big Rush fan

There was definitely some love put into this machine

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Zeppelin’s playfield are is better and the cab art is lazy.
I feel, Rush playfield is not attractive and the

Comparatively, Zeppelin's cab art is lazy and the playfield art is better than Rush. Rush's artwork looks like something you find at a carnival airbrush booth. It's not my style and I would think Stern would have a better eye for this. Its not like Stern puts out ugly machines, but the last two music themes have art issues. Again, just my opinion...there seem to be a lot of 'sensitive' Rush fans here that are getting emotionally disturbed and overly defensive of what I thought was an accurate take on the artwork. I just think they could have done a hell of a lot better that's all.

Art work is always a personal taste thing. No way everyone will love it.

I think it's good but not great, I honestly don't know what great would be on a Rush pin. Still happy it's here and looks to be a good game all around!

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How about we add the drum shaped clock for pro owners, washing/vending machines and something to cover the hideous insider connected bs and QR code reader.

I'm in for a clock or some washing machines!

I'm sure there will be lots of card choices to cover the insider connected.

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I went with the pro and this shot was the only thing that was tempting me to consider a premium but just couldn’t justify the cash for that one shot. I’m with you on the dead end shot

Same - I love Rush but this is more money than I ever dreamed I would spend on a pin already. It will be bolted to the floor anyway so the premium resale means nothing to me. Pro art is much more appealing to me also.

Quoted from Animal:

another Rush story: After Neil's passing in early 2020 I was surfing all things Rush and found the address to his childhood home, I knew that Alex and Geddy were from a suburb north of Toronto and found their elementary school from a video they did and posted on Youtube. Backstory: my son is studying music and would like to develop a career in music, so I thought we could visit Rush spots and illustrate that Rush were just a bunch of kids, like he and his friends, growing up around Toronto and big stuff almost always starts from humble roots. This launched "Rush Day" Feb 8th, 2020.
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/gMpY4frXnsDYV_4kwuK2hkSWrcw-rpDoOuF40QddmRc/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvOTYvMDAvMzk2MDA5YzdmNzAyZTY3YjE4Zjc1M2RjMWI1MTJmM2FiYzliZDAxOS5qcGc
When a buddy of mine heard what I was doing he asked to come along. First stop, Neil's childhood home where he learned to play the drums all those years ago:
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/puofXJ_m5SMvc2dDbTNDO1hbwLQjlz20D0AQ6Dlxmig/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzkvNWUvNmUvOTVlNmVkOTMwMTVmNWFiMmIzNTE0OGQ0NWZjYTViODk3ODZmNDAxYi5qcGc
From there we visited Lakeside park, about 2 km from Neil's childhood home:
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/O7aOPHXKV3EWXozvBszhOUChEZZToenfmYb0tyi-f3U/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2MvMTIvZDUvYzEyZDVhMWVjM2JhMDBjOTc5MTEwNzM0ODRhOWMxYzVjNTJhN2E3My5qcGc
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/AaVnzX8YKz-lwoFdz-DOubBO_qFzY_er6jNI_GY0hGY/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzAvNjcvMGIvMDY3MGJkYTQzOTk4YTUzZGIyNzE3NTBmOWJlODU1YmEwZGJiMTYxYi5qcGc
...and as you can see, there are indeed willows in the breeze.
From there we drove to North York where Alex and Geddy grew up and visited their old elementary school and a park named after them:
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/XbnsigwOybMmQxTcQfFe7rEnlwzgxM-7m1NsGFwCS0M/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2IvOTIvMGUvYjkyMGViZDBkNTcwZTQxYWJlY2M1NzYzYTQyNzU3YzE5ZGZlODMxNi5qcGc
https://imgproxy.pinside.com/Uy-dzha_ha5If3Kgy0nI2iyg4HT1Ae6Y7zRbexSejr4/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2EvNWUvYmQvYTVlYmQzYzMyMmM2MzkxZjY5YzRiNGM1Nzg1Mzg0Y2NkYmNiMjY0MS5qcGc
We then shot downtown and did a drive by their management offices in Toronto and ended visiting Geddy's house and Alex's condo where I gave my kids 2112 and Moving pictures albums. In the morning, on the way to St Catherines we read from an article Neil wrote in '94 about growing up in St. Catherine's and on the way to Toronto we read excerpts from the Oral histroy of the band and rocked out to a time machine of their music. Was a memorable day, Alex, Geddy and Neil's are certainly inspirational Rocker's and I couldn't be happier that they are native sons...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

I need to do this one day.

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Even as a huge RUSH fan myself I gotta disagree with this: based upon mainstream Billboard type singles they did not have many. Actually only 7 if you look at Billboard's Top 100, with the highest at 21. Yes, they are a staple of Classic Rock radio, huge number of album sales and sold out tours, but not hit singles:[quoted image]

Never were a big hit machine and thats ok! Rush was always it's own entity - the band so many budding musicians tried to emulate. Never cool with the ladies but always cool blasting out of a Camaro in the smoking area in high school.

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool!
I need to do this one day.
It was a fun day!! happy to share more info if you like.

Absolutely!

The Rush mural is amazing. Never knew about that.

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is how I viewed this
1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
3- time machine still functions same minus ramp, who cares...
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
5 - the vuk is really the one big item you miss out on
Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

I was all set to order a premium also but your points are dead on, the Pro is loaded nicely. I decided on the Pro and I will add in some toys and the lighting.

Much prefer the Pro art also!

#1853 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is how I viewed this
1 - clock doesn’t interact with ball and I’m sure someone will mod this and I believe the mode is still there, clock interacts with hits to the pops from what I’ve seen.
2 - ball lock behind drops, there is still a hidden shot on pro so shot still there
3- time machine still functions same minus ramp, who cares...
4- scoops still there with subway top just doesn’t eject, I can possibly see a mod for this, if not who cares
5 - the vuk is really the one big item you miss out on
Pro is going to be great especially with expression lighting and did I mention the art package rocks!

I was all set to order a premium also but your points are dead on, the Pro is loaded nicely. I decided on the Pro and I will add in some toys and the lighting.

Much prefer the Pro art also!

Quoted from EMDude:

I plan on watching this again to get excited about this release, if you haven’t seen it it’s a great doc about RUSH and it’s on Netflix!
[quoted image]

It's fantastic - I bought on release as any good Rush fan should have

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would agree. Who's kidding who, All these games are dam expensive! Never understand why anyone would be bothered by which model you choose though. I as you said want "the full game" experience even if thats simply lighting, glass, shaker, whatever. To pay this much and not get the full experience seems like a missed step. If a pro depreciates 300 ish and an LE does the same what does it really matter in the end game? If you love it you own the best experience, if you hate it you loose the same amount or in the current economy actually make the same amount in resale. When pinball starts depreciating 90% like most hobbies I will worry about it, for now I buy what offers the most full game experience.

Pro is all good, I just can't afford the LE unfortunately. My wife is already not pleased.

I have a shaker motor ready to go. I will add the the lights and a couple of toys down the road. It's still going to look epic!

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes it will and it can be the RUSH promium edition!

lol - perfect

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Yes, and I also reached out to the artist about the 6 string thing.. what we're seeing on the other side? the final art may have not been used in that pic.. so hang tight, I'll try & confirm when I have more info.

I'm not worried. I'm sure it will be fixed.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha....cant beleive in all these years I had no idea Ed Robertson was MapleSyrup .
As a typical Australian who was somehow lobotomised of all Rush knowledge for my 49 years on Earth, I am completely blown away at the status of this band and the passion of Rush fans.
It's a bit weird, but one of the things I like about buying and owning modern pinball is exploring a theme I'm not overly familiar with through a new pinball machine. It's probably against the grain a bit as most people buy because they love and know a theme. I'll often buy because I DONT know the theme and use my journey with the game to learn and hopefully love the theme. It's a double bonus - you get to learn a new game AND a new theme at the same time.
Anyway, Rush is probably the most unknown (to me) of all themes recently released. At the same time, I dont think I've seen so much true passion for a theme in all my time in pinball. Not just nostalgia, which is usually most of the hype on Pinside, but true passion. Some of you guys talking about seeing Rush live ofer 20 times!!!!
And it's easy to see that passion has gone into the making of this game. Just Ed Robertsons involvement alone - a true pinhead (as collector AND player), a huge Rush tragic, friends with the band, established musician. Full credit to Stern for involving Ed heavily in the developement from the word go.
So with all that said, Ive put my name down for a Rush LE! Havent had confirmation yet - but likely I'll be the only one on the list ( ). I do feel bad for all you guys strugling to find one over there. When i'm forced to sell at a loss because no one here knows who the f*ck Rush is, maybe one of you can buy it cheap an ship it back.

Congrats on the LE - It's sad Rush never did much in Australia. I suspect the lack of touring there in the 70's and 80's didn't help.

You are right about the passion for Rush.. this just happened and Rush is not a band that tours anymore.

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Haha.. well, I agree with you for the most part about the game and I like Ozzy too but really do like the all of the art and faces as well! You can see from the photo’s here where the artist may have borrowed from and to me it looks like he cleaned them up real nice! These 2 original pics are pretty iconic, but maybe not so flattering, It’s like he made them look super cool instead of smiling or goofing around if they were going to be immortalized onto the game. Neil was super badass in the 70’s with the stash.. he looked like a Mage.. in the 80’s he was super fit Mr. Clean cut so the artist could’ve went a lot of directions, glad he chose this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This picture is what draws me to the pro - One of my favorite Rush images!

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How do folks think this will do on location where it’s usually hard to hear music/sounds from a pin because the volume is so low?

Good game is a good game - should do well.

Same issue with all rock pins - hard to hear the music. Definitely better at home.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Jack stream tomorrow night!!

Really looking forward to this

Popcorn and Rush beer ready to go!

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Love Rush but trust me your not missing much with the beer lol. Branding looks great but the contents are more of a PBR.

It's typical craft beer. Not really my thing but for the occasion, I will definitely have one.

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The right side of the game needs a little more stuff to balance it out ... inspiration struck so I worked up this hydrant mod, to replace the flasher bulb dome at the S-curve in the ramp. Shown here on my X-Files so I could test it out:

[quoted image]

I think I need a mod like this - well done!!

#2196 2 years ago

Died 2 years ago today. ❤️ RIP

FB_IMG_1641562880605 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641562880605 (resized).jpg

#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thank you, kool1 -- I really love this one. It's available for pre-order in my shop ... I'm doing pre-orders just so I can confirm the fit / clearance / etc. in the actual game and make any changes/updates necessary before shipping them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05722-hydrant-flasher-dome-amp-dalmatian-for-rush

I will probably order one, thanks.

Can you batch other things for the same shipping cost?

#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m positive that my RUSH Pinball will be bolted in my home… same as KISS LE… same as my Guns N’ Roses Collector’s Edition
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"11a3a123645632a5552b7791c7c6eef2a0d69b7c-1641599398-1800"};
//]]>

, and I’m proud to say that the longest honeymoon for me actually has been with my GN’R and then in second place AFMR(I love that green Pin too ) I’m sure that RUSH will give me the same happiness at home … I’ll see how’s that RUSH honeymoon very soon

Rush will definitely be bolted to the ground. Will never sell.

#2328 2 years ago

Dang.. Nice score Ray!

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have to admit RUSH music goes great with pinball. Never liked them growing up and up till now, but I may stand corrected. The music works great for pinball and I may have to get a pro. Don’t care for the faces other than Alex, but love the artwork otherwise.

Music goes very well with pin indeed. Even better than I hoped.

These guys make the game look easy, I have a feeling it's going to be a steep learning curve for me anyway. All good. It will be bolted to the floor anyway.

#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

That was awesome. The music, lights, rules, shots, art all look killer. I'm so freaking pumped.

I have a shaker motor and bass box ready to go here

Can't wait.

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What shaker motor should I order for my premium?

I just have the standard Stern Spike issue. Bought locally but available direct from Stern.

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Very much Rush comedy. Alex is a hoot himself.

Yes! If I can adjust the comic call outs I want it on 10

#2539 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Yes, a 12 Klipsch would do. That is frankly overkill for most people. The cheap 10" Polk seems to be the sub of choice typically. Not a great sub but ads some punch.

Just a tip for you guys, lots of used woofers on Marketplace. Picked up a $300 Klipsch for $100 last night.

#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Neil Peart's favorite car was the 1948 Ferrari 166MM ″Barchetta.

I feel like I need to add a Barchetta to the playfield.. Definitely thinking about it.

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Got you guys covered here (attn: kool1 )... got a bunch of these GORGEOUS models, perfect size for in the game. Working on some bridge/road ideas for the mount, so not ready for pre-orders yet but you can PM me to get on a waitlist.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.. I like that the toy options are building. Will probably get one!

#2637 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Attention Pro owner's, something cool.. I did get confirmation back through the artist that we'll have 4-string Geddy on the cabinet art.

I figured that would be fixed

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Some of their most accessible songs are in the game, so maybe one or two will begin to appeal to you after a short time, but very few people become Rush fans overnight.
Regardless of the language, Geddy's voice is unconventional. Some sounds are pretty unusual. The changes can be difficult to follow and appreciate at first. Rush's music rewards repeated listening in less crowded rooms. Once those folks emerge and join others, you get "Rush in Rio"!
It's likely some very thoughtful and eloquent fans have written at length about Rush in Swedish over the years, and I hope you check that out.
It's been obvious to me as a fan of both since the 1970s that Rush and pinball would be an intuitively successful combination, and the excitement around this release seems to show some folks agree. I hope you will give the game and the music some time - and that you really enjoy them both.

Moving Pictures was probably the album that hooked the most fans. Tom Sawyer is a very easy song to love immediately.

#2705 2 years ago

Not bashing RUSH, I am really starting to get into them and really digging the pin, but the Hall of Fame is pretty much all political and the selection committee is ridiculous see Paul Stanley’s speech when KISS was inducted. Madonna and Laura Nyro is in there and Iron Maiden and Jethro Tull is not. To be honest the Hall of Fame is kinda of a joke.

Rush definitely didn't get in because of politics. They got in because legions of fans kept demanding they did get in.

They deserve their place there 110%.

#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

The Rush pin looks cool, but i doubt its a top 10 pin even with the rating pumps from fanboys. Every pin gets that especially during the honeymoon. Probably #1 for Rush fans, but after the dust clears, it will settle probably top 25 at best. Im excited fir Rush fans. Probably a fun shoot, but don't see anything earth shattering.

Doesn't matter. It looks to be a good game and that's what I wanted to see, I didn't expect less from John + gang.

Rush theme will make it #1 for many buyers.

#2782 2 years ago

Another gameplay video

#2815 2 years ago

Some long-time fans' minds might be blown thinking about restarting the journey from "never really listened" to their current level of Rush fandom, except this time there's a Rush pin in the middle of it. LOL! I think you're in for a good time.
Bonus: Compared to many other bands you could discover, there's more Rush music for you to binge.

Lots to binge on just on the pin alone - so happy with the amount of music loaded!

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have played a fair bit of LZ and the code seems really good and suits that game.
Way better than many people think as different ways to play it, with its unique playfield multiplier.

I played LZ Pro for the first time a few weeks ago. It's definitely not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Playfield is a bit baron but I think the worst part is the art is an album cover.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hehe, if only the other companies could make their flippers feel just close to stern flippers....Ive owned stern, jjp, american and have an Alien and CCr on order. But I just feel at home when I have Stern flippers.

Ya, Stern does make the best flipper IMO

#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Kills me man but just sold my FT to help pay for this.
One day I'll get a Taxi and be fine.

Ack... Tuff decision

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now coil stops, on the other hand...

Lol

This made me laugh this morning also.. Great memory

FB_IMG_1641990339510 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641990339510 (resized).jpg

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

But Geddy gets the bill.
I watched this entire interview yesterday. It's fantastic. What a baseball collection.

I'm a huge baseball fan and rep coach so ya - I drool over his crazy amazing collection.

Alex is just priceless when the lady pushes him aside. I love his reaction - exactly what I would have done.

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I’m taking it pinball has now officially moved on from boobs in favor of naked men .

Nope

FB_IMG_1642037805431 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642037805431 (resized).jpg

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pretty sure that's photoshopped but I'll take it ha.
She's an og death metal goddess.

It's actually not, she has an Instagram page

https://instagram.com/ladyevil6666

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So when do see a post from stern facebook with pros on the line? Will be fun to see locations getting the games.

It will happen for sure - obviously nothing happening yet.

#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

GREAT pic!!
Picked this up today, honestly can't remember a single track off of this.[quoted image]

Counterparts.. Probably my favorite Rush album

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Counterparts is simply awesome. They reverted back to a heavier sound. Guitar heavy, great lyrics, many songs about relationships of one kind or another. I actually really like Presto as well, kind of a transition album but the album that got me into Rush. I was not really thrilled with Roll The Bones the album, but the tour was Fantastic. Bravado is really the only song that I love from RTB. I was thankful that on Counterparts, they had gone back to a heavier sound. I can't believe that album and tour were 28 years ago.

I actually didn't mind Roll the Bones at all, I liked the song too. It was the time and hey, I understand some don't like.

Counterparts just rocks, great songs too. I listened to it beginning to end last week for the first time in a while and Im just amazed how good it really was. I was definitely more of an 80' and 90s Rush fan.

#3020 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:I was 21 when RTB came out and was and always will be an 80's music guy in general. Dreamline and Bravado are my favs, and the album isn't "bad", it's just not one my favorites. None of their albums are bad, but albums like RTB and HYF are at the bottom of the list. Heresy, Bet Your Life and others are listenable, but not something I am longing to hear. Presto had Available Light, which is totally awesome, great ender. War Paint, Scars, Hand Over Fist, The Pass, which is one of their best songs period and Anagram, lots to like on Presto. LOL, my least fav songs on Presto are the first two. I worship RUSH, but there are songs that just do nothing for me, not many though. That's what is so awesome about RUSH, they have so many albums and eras that all speak to different people in different ways. I was too young to know and understand RUSH during my favorite era, 1976 through 1983.....and too young to see them live. Bummer.

For sure!

Most bands change over time to some degree. Then there is Hagar vs Roth LOL.

I like most Rush but it was the Signals and Moving Pictures that got me going so I gre up with them from there...

#3023 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1642194630409 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642194630409 (resized).jpg
#3065 2 years ago

Song absolutely rocks - just crank it!

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

"
Holy hell. I haven't seen that Frankfurt performance of animate but damn that was great way to start the day.
I have the same rush playlist that I always listen to while I'm out on the tractor mowing the 7 acres in my backyard, so I get two or three hours of solid rush in my noise canceling headphones every weekend during the summertime. And if there's more work to do in the backyard that's just more rush to listen to. I always look forward to spending a day doing that.
And this is one of my favorite songs on it. Of course all the Rush songs on my playlist are my favorite songs too, but you know what I mean.
Thanks for this video! And thanks Stern for making this pin, Even though I'm not buying one, So all us rush fans could come together on pin side and talk about and share our love and respect for Rush. Just awesome.

Animate absolutely rocks - just crank it!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man I wish Animate woulda made it...[quoted image]

Same - that rhythm seems like a no brainer for pinball

#3124 2 years ago

Here we go!!!

FB_IMG_1642443899270 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642443899270 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1642444154698 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642444154698 (resized).jpg
#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

So I keep hearing on podcasts that Rush isn’t that big a deal, they didn’t deserve to be a cornerstone etc. I can’t believe I’m hearing this? I get Rush wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but seriously? It keeps getting compared to GnR and I get Guns has a ton of fans but they are two totally different types of bands. Did Rush show up an hour and a half late to their own shows? Did Rush let Metallica down and watch the stadium go ape shit? How many albums does GnR have vs Rush? The whole argument about GnR being a concert under glass is a funny one to me. When I play pins, I’m in it for the challenges and competition aspect, I’m not exactly wanting a concert in a box. Who else agrees? Who else agrees that JJP’s GnR basically goes out of its way to dazzle you with lights but offers very little when it comes to actual pinball playing excitement? I’ve owned both the DataEast GnR and the LE JJP GnR and by far I feel the DE version was a better PINBALL playing experience. So when a game like Rush comes along, I can’t wait to play it and have a great pinball experience, not a concert experience. The other thing is Rush is a band that inspired so many and is so damn unique and special to so many people, especially fellow musicians. I wish these guys on the airwaves would stop down talking them and give them the damn respect they so strongly deserve. What are your thoughts?

Couldn't agree more.

I'm not a musician but Rush was always special in my eyes. They weren't a chart topper so casual music fans assume they weren't that popular and nothing could be further from the truth. Rush fans are also the key demographic for pinball which doesn't hurt sales, Stern knows that. The Rush "geeks" of the 70s-90s make a lot of money in 2022.

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Either way…anytime in February is fine by me - I’m just happy I got in on one

Rec Room Amusements in Toronto says week of Jan 31 for Pro deliveries

#3198 2 years ago

Do Canadian machines ship with a single coin slot?

I think $1 and $2 coin doors

#3207 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone used them before? Thanks.

My buddy bought a Mando Premium from them last summer - no issue. They are advertising 3 available.

I think he even got free delivery in Mississauga.

#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I am OK with it. Why cling to that out-of-date technology in 2022? It's clear that most sales are in the home now. Barcades are using other tech to collect money via loading a card with money or using our phones make the transaction. Coins/bills are filthy and a pain to deal with.
I'd rather have a sheet of HD playfield glass for my new Rush... or shaker motor or one of a thousand things that would be more valuable to me than a coin mech that 99.9% of home users will never use. In the unlikely event that I would sell my Rush to an operator, let him buy a coin mech.

I would love the option to delete the coin mech and save some money.

They are so few coin based operators left it's almost a joke.

#3216 2 years ago

You honestly think stern will decease prove if they removed the coin door ? I don’t want my pin looking like a home pin.

Fair - Just seems out of date with reality and 2022.

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Rachel Steele on Classic Rewind just talked about the pinball machine. Said the LE was sold out, talked about the pro and premium price, how many songs there were, and finished with "pinball is harder than it looks...at least I think so...this is one of the songs on the machine." Then played Spirit of Radio. It was a proud moment for this Rush pinhead nerd.

Very cool!

Kristine Stone is my fav on XM25. Huge Rush fan too. I would marry her.

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My player floor mat has arrived. Can't wait for my pin to arrive!
[quoted image]

Is that the one on Ali Express?

#3248 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

He has a Rush Pro coming in but priced at Premium price.

He listed for $8990 Canadian on Kijiji .. Regular pr

#3252 2 years ago

Ok, left field question here, does anyone know if it’s possible to import the RUSH Ale/Beer to the US? It might already be available but I haven’t found any yet. I thought it would be pretty cool to have some for the unboxing video?

Sadly it's not legal to mail beer across the border or I could send some down to you.

Don't think it's been released in the US yet but it's coming...

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hmm, I'm 30 miles from the border at our weekend place, wonder what would if happen if I just forgot that I buried it under a bunch of stuff in my truck ?

You can drive it across - just cant mail it

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Legally I can? I suppose I can ask as I go in. Not wanting to pay a fine

Declare it and you may have to pay a bit of tax - that's about it

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Next question is will non operator pros get shipped before or after the Les?

I was told operators first

Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Yep! My prized possession is a Neil Peart Tama banner:
[quoted image]

Wow! That should hang near your pin.

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I got that - just wondering if any of the "normal" pros will roll out before LE

Salesman said if there should be some but it could be a local thing depending on how many operator orders there are in your area.

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

So I went to see Rush about 10 or 11 years ago at Ottawa’s Bluesfest, and I brought my son( also a drummer and guitar player) with me for his first concert experience! As I am an audio engineer by profession, I knew the system tech for the venue, so I went to say hi before the show at FOH...( the mix position)
I had my concert stubs with me and the Moving Pictures stub had a price of $9.50! Rush’s soundman freaked when he saw my stubs and called a bunch of the other crew over to look at them... we had a good laugh, but I felt so old... lol.
My son thought it was pretty cool though...
[quoted image]

I went to that 86 show. . Was my first Rush show!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is the beer country wide or just in the Toronto area? I'll be in the north east corner of Washington this weekend, just a short hop into Canada

According to the web site it is available coast to coast now.

#3312 2 years ago

Gotta hand it to Stern, they don't mess around!

Only pinball company that you can count on unfortunately - Others are really struggling with parts and other issues.

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So in watching the video of the Pro from Tilt Amusements looks like when the time machine is lit green the ball is held then returned forward. It appears to be the equivalent of the ramp being down on the Premium.

Very cool - watched the video also. I love the guy was wearing a Rush shirt!

I'm feeling good about my Pro decision and the art is awesome on it.

FB_IMG_1642772907499 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642772907499 (resized).jpg
#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I heard distributors got an email this morning that all models of Rush are delayed by waiting on parts? Anyone confirm that?

Entirely possible.

I wasn't expecting anything for at least a couple of weeks. It's always such a mystery though and you can't keep calling.

#3380 2 years ago

Like those! Need to wait for the pin though.. Will keep in mind thanks.

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

When they announced this pin I went to my record store and bought (almost) all of their Rush.
I looked at Counterparts, didn't recognize any tracks, and LEFT IT THERE!!
On my second visit last week, it was still there, so, why not?!
HOLY FERCKIN SHIT talk about correcting a MF mistake!
First 5 tracks are SO GODDAMN GOOD WOW!
Pearts drums on Animate.
The dual hammer on chorus riffs on Stick it Out by Geddy and Alex...so nasty.
Geddy's vocal harmonies on the chorus of Between Sun and Moon might be some of his finest ever.
Truly blown away by this album. That I passed on the first time.
*SLAPS SELF*

Counterparts probably my favorite album.

#3399 2 years ago

Nobody near Chicago or St. Louis on this thread? Two locations near me have pros on order but they always are a week or 2 behind those in the Midwest.

Apparently Player One in Montreal has one in showroom I was told.

Quoted from Minnpin65:

Hey guys! New member here with a Rush premium on order! I was able to play a Rush pro on display at Papa’s Pinballs Arcade Gallery in Lino Lakes, MN. yesterday. What a great experience! It’s got great flow and it’s FAST! Can’t wait to get ours! I only played 5 games on the machine. There is a vulnerable spot, however, on the playfield to trap balls. When I experienced the first multiball, here’s where the trap lies. Since it happened to me in such a short window of playtime, I’m thinking it’s going to be a problem. Your thoughts?[quoted image]

Interesting. Will definitely be watching for this. Thanks for posting.

#3420 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Just heard Rush is delayed because of parts

It's ok. Everything I buy or do these days is delayed or late.

Getting used to it.

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He would have loved it. He was an ultra mega Rush fan!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing - thanks for posting

Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Pinball doesn’t need reviews. It’s pinball. It’s fun. Everybody knows that on this website and no one needs a proper review. If pizza and coffee makes this city look bad just wait until they find out about the rampant meth use and racism. Also, don’t know if it makes a difference but it was a breakfast pizza.

Pinball to me is personal preferences. Not a lot of new games "suck" so it boils down to what you like in a game. Some definitely have wider appeal but I have talked to pinball guys that don't care for Godzilla.

I pray I love Rush game play because that will make it a perfect pin for me.

#3456 2 years ago

Love this

FB_IMG_1643132784409 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1643132784409 (resized).jpg
#3473 2 years ago

Arriving in Chantilly, VA. Put some legs on that bad boy
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Congrats!

#3481 2 years ago

There have been several lengthy pro model streams over the past few days - PinBallers on PinballNetwork and HUPChallenge, both on Twitch, are two I've watched. It seems that the dead end shot (left of time machine ramp) is really deadly, and comes rocketing back towards the flippers on a strong hit. This is the only feature that would give me hesitation about picking up a pro.
Curious what others have thought about the pro gameplay. I'll be playing one as soon as they go on location near me.

Was watching the Pinball Network stream last night on YouTube. Man that kid can play - over a billion on his first ball ever. WTF!

Not scared of that shot, you will figure it out. You just have to get good!

#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

For sure. And at 11 minutes it never once seemed too long ... Follow that by witch hunt on the album is perfect next song!
but then again, Obsessing about every song on moving pictures is completely normal. Rush never gets old. If it does then you're not a fan.

Only 3 song choices on my LW3 so this will be huge. Way more and much better music.

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:I played half a dozen games on the Pro at Padavans last night. A few impressions from a novice after beating the ball around.
The guys on the videos make it look like it's an easy game... Wasn't for me. Man I hit a lot of bricks. I'm sure after some time on there it will get easier. That upper ramp shot from the top flipper was impossible for me. That said, another guy there was nailing it so maybe I just suck. Lol
The music is awesome, good flow. I don't know the rules or what to shoot so it was one of those "hit what's flashing" games for me, only in my case it was "hit the post next to what's flashing".
I can say I have an LE coming and after playing the pro I'm really excited.

Playing a game for the first time is never easy but yes - good players make it look easy. Heck sometimes I play my own machines and can't hit my shots.

I suspect my initial play won't be that different than yours.

My goal this year is to play the shit out of Rush and get good.

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Just played Pro at kiitos brewing in Salt Lake City. Pretty good game.
[quoted image]

Lucky!!!

Looks so nice.

#3648 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

At first, I did horrible. After some games, I still did terrible, then I started getting games at 30+ million. One game I got 130mil and couldn't tell you how I did it. Then was back to just doing ok.

This is literally most machines for me. I do ok after playing for a while and then I will get some crazy high score once, never to get it again and not sure exactly how I got it.

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So am I the only one who keeps checking PinballMap.com to see how many Rush machines are on location and where they are at? I’m waiting on a Pro in the northwest and there still aren’t any around here yet. I’m betting my Rush will probably come in before my GnR, which it feels like I’ve been waiting forever for.

I don't find pinball map gets updated often locally - Sadly I end up doing many of the updates lol.

#3755 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The topper will be a dozen men in they’re 50’s dressed in Rush Tshirts (hopefully not soccer mom jeans) air drumming the best they can to whichever song is being played .Would be the best selling topper ever ! 2k ,count me in

That would be awesome

#3769 2 years ago

Cary on the Scoop..

#3801 2 years ago

I picked up a used one on Marketplace for $60.

Lots of used woofs around locally anyway. Looked brand new.

#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Grand Designs and Middletown Dreams are also highlights for me. Though, I love that whole album. Blasphemous as some might say, it's actually my favorite Rush album (followed closely by Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, 2112, and Roll the Bones).
This has been one of the most fun parts about this thread -- seeing how different everyone's Rush preferences are ... can we take a moment to think how cool it is, that their catalog is so deep and diverse that we can have such a variety of opinions?

I honestly love almost all of it and depending on my mood or time of day I could pick almost any of their albums to listen to (and because I'm old I like listening to an album from beginning to end). The depth, time span and size of the library is rare in this world. That's why Rush is so deserving of this machine to honor and celebrate their music.

#3852 2 years ago

Guys - if you haven't listened to this on Rush Pinball, you're missing out.

https://m.soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-78-making-greatness-with-ed-robertson

Annotation 2022-02-03 091326 (resized).pngAnnotation 2022-02-03 091326 (resized).png

#3859 2 years ago

Thoroughly agree, but a word of warning: the first part is about Lyman.
What Ed said was perfect but difficult to hear, but when he started talking about Lyman and Rush it got super dusty in here, I hit a wall and had to tap out.
You may want to wait until after work to listen, just sayin'.

It was pretty emotional for the first 10 min. I didn't know Ed and Lyman were so close.

#3883 2 years ago

I gotta say this has been the best thread ever on Pinside for me. I love reading everyone’s stories, memories and favorite Rush songs/albums and concerts. I always thought I was the only one who dug Power Windows and now reading all your recollections of it has been so kick ass. I can’t wait for my game and the unboxing party to hang out with a bunch of Rush fans and friends to talk about it in person. Party on fellow Rush fans!!

It is greatness for sure. I must have listened to Power Windows 200 times the year it came out.

I don't have any Rush fan friends close by really so being here and combining Rush with pinball is pure nirvana for me!

#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx Jason, classic game rooms
[quoted image]

Sweet!

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a little birdie told me that the original screw-up was with the supplier for the scoop protectors. they delivered materials that weren't what was original specified (thinner and of a softer metal).

This is about what I thought happened. Supplier issue.

Quoted from onemilemore:

If I had to choose, I think I'd take off Far Cry or One Little Victory. Those don't feel as connected to the rest of the tracks in the game, sonically, as Big Money.

I'm a huge fan of their last 3 albums. I would have been disappointed if it was all 70s/80s. Far Cry and OLV absolutely rock IMO.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I just played a RUSH pro here in So Cal. The protectors were a joke. We took the glass off three times to get the stuck ball out. Overall I was not impressed with the game play. Maybe the code is just not developed. The game is not even close to Godzilla. The music was great though!!! Hopefully they fix the scoop issue before they mfg the LE and Premiums. Overall first impression is disappointing. Hopefully the code improves and soon.

Code is probably part of it but just your issue with the balls getting stuck likely ruined your experience with the machine.

If all goes well I am picking up my pro tomorrow. It's from a new batch - I hope the scoop issue is fixed.

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Preorders only. Looks like April for the consumer run of Pros.

Mine is here.. Getting tomorrow hopefully

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Played a friends Pro for a few hours last night that is going on location in the next few days. This game is awesome!
1) This game is fun!
2) The game needs an external sub or augmented speakers. The stock speakers are anemic (think transistor radio sounding).
3) Protector Gate is real - the scoop protectors were bent and hanging up the ball in a matter of hours of play.
4) They need to balance out the volume of the callouts in relationship to each other. Some were audible, some were too quiet you couldn't hear them (simple code update)
5) They need to change the font on the screen. They laid it out like they have a JJP sized screen with information all around the perimeter of the screen. You can't read 1/2 of it without leaning way over the playfield or standing next to the game.
6) The squeak sound is still there but it isn't at all annoying as it was on the streams. It's just another sound of the game.
7) ZERO cheap drains (except from the Time Machine but they have a ball save on it).
Lots of fun shots. Awesome variety. The lock shot on the left is SUPER late. The left shot through the pop bumpers is make-able 8 times out of 10 unlike others like Aerosmith where it is 1 time out of 10. Hold the upper flipper up to bounce that pop bumper orbit shot into the upper scoop. If not, watch it or the ball will rocket down to the lower flippers and out if you are not ready. Great flow and awesome ability for many combos.
Short plunge to the variety of skill shots (red arrows).
Left ramp, very make-able. Top diverter - very cool.
Time machine is a very long shot that takes some skill but not impossible (we all were able to hit it - eventually).
Upper orbit has to be my favorite. Hit it with the upper flipper. When it comes around to the right orbit lane, it hits the side and rattles, then consistently feeds the upper flipper so you can shoot it again. I think my record for the night was 8 in a row. I need to find the mode where that pays off. If there isn't one, there needs to be one added.... so fun!
Least favorite Pro shot is the dead end shot. That thing comes right back at you like you bricked a ramp shot and hit one of those little targets off to the side of the ramp (think POTC bricked shot).
Most dangerous Pro shot is the music drops on the left and Freewill multi-ball target behind them. It comes right back to the flippers. Need to practice that one...
Overall - this game is a blast! Being a Rush fan will help you enjoy it more but this will be popular with pinball fans everywhere.

Fantastic summary thank you.

So looking forward to it - couldn't sleep last night, too excited. Ha ha.

#4036 2 years ago

Eagle has landed in Canada (or in this case the Owl)..

20220209_171826 (resized).jpg20220209_171826 (resized).jpg

#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Will admit I'm new on Far Cry. Maybe it will grow on me, but I think I'll always be like IT SHOULDA BEEN YYZ

Far Cry simply rocks. Loved the song from the first day I heard it.

Would have sucked if there were no modern songs. Just sad Counterparts was missed.

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If looking for a keychain look for this - currently unavailable on Amazon but may be around elsewhere
C&D Visionary Rush Collector Set,... amazon.com link »

I thought I had a nice Rush key chain but I couldn't find it last night. There is this set also... could use the sticker on your cupholder.

https://www.amazon.ca/Visionary-STP-0169-Collector-Multi-Colors/dp/B082G2TJP4/ref=sr_1_14

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

That's the same set, but that seller is selling it for more than Double - I paid $11.99 about a month ago.

Ok - will keep looking

I think that's C$ though

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

High school me thought the rap was hilarious Dreamline and You Bet Your Life are my favorites off that album, though.
The rap section was always interesting to read the interviews about it. They almost went camp and satirical with it, and they almost took it seriously and got a real rapper to come in and do it, and it wound up just being neither.
I was kinda sad when Beyond The Lighted Stage just skipped over Roll The Bones. It basically said "Yeah, and that album happened, and anyway, let's move on."

I still like Roll the Bones - don't care what anyone says.

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Picked up my Pro today…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats.. Welcome to the club!

Initial thoughts?

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks. I didn’t play mine yet. I have some little stuff to do to it prior like cleaning, waxing, etc.
While at my distributor today (spent 3.5 hours hanging there today) I did play the Pro he had set up. Thumbs up all around. I did have a slight disbelief moment where I said to myself, “wait, I am actually playing a Rush pinball machine”. All good, really dig the Pro translite.

I did the the same.. I hit start and heard the Spirit of Radio and thought OMG - this thing real.

Hopefully you get up and running today.

#4137 2 years ago

This game is amazing! It’s worth the wait!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats and I agree.

I had a very fun afternoon with the machine and I'm in love!

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Have no fear my northern friend. There are a metric ton of 'Canadian references' in the callouts from Geddy and Alex.

Rush is very much a North American band and it was very much a Can-Am collaboration..

It's all good!

#4162 2 years ago

Played the Pro for the first time today and had a blast. The time machine and right ramp are tighter than I expected, but dialed in after a game or two. If anybody is worried about this being a brutal Borg layout, don’t worry. I had longer ball times than I do on most recent Sterns, especially TMNT. Very fun to shoot and lots of satisfying shots. In fact I was a bit worried that it seemed too forgiving. I’ll probably crank up the playfield angle when I get mine.

The right ramp in particular is quite tight - I'm still having trouble hitting it.

It's not a brutal game by any stretch, Borg balanced it well IMO. I'm not a great player and I have had some very long balls, so happy with the machine.

#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

So what’s the current assessment of when the Pro’s will start shipping (to the non-routes)? Is April the next production run for Pros if one wasn’t in the Jan run? We know LEs are suppose to start showing up this week…. Maybe. But what’s up with the Pros?

Saw this schedule in the Stern on the line thread>>

Feb 2022 - Rush LE & Premium
Feb 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - JP the pin
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Looks like April indeed! Not too far off from now… but still a wait. Hopefully an updated scoop protector by then. Thanks for the schedule!!!

Scoop issue is fixed on the LEs so you should be good.

I'm hoping for my part soon.

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Got the Rush PRO on Friday 2/11 and what I can tell you is after 23 games the scoop protectors got bent and by game 25 the game was unplayable. I will fix them until new ones can be made. However the 23 games played were an absolute blast of fun. Personally I would rate this as the best pro machine made to date, and if you're not in agreement with me, i'd settle for one of the best top 5 pros ever made. Reason being is you are not getting a stripped down game and feeling cheated. You are only missing a VUK that delivers the ball to the right flipper inlane, and a nice clock which most likely will be made as an aftermarket mod. Speaking only with my game, the standup target shot where the VUK would be located on the premium and LE, mine indeed delivers the ball to the right flipper anyways. Had it been manufactured to eject down the middle i'd be disappointed.
Art package is great on all three!
Jukebox feature is missing, but fingers crossed it gets fixed in later code updates.
When I watched other players play the Rush pro on location, I notice nobody is scoring big. Even though they have long ball times, and even though they are much better players than I am.

I agree - one of the best Pro games I have played. I really like the Godzilla Pro also. I was worried about that dead end shot also but it's fine and it's pretty easy to hit when you need to and drops safely.

So far only cracked 100 million 2X, I am not a great player. Hopefully will get better once I figure out all the rules!

#4216 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

So this just popped up on my FB timeline: 10 years ago I took my then 13 year old son to his only RUSH concert at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, who at the time was also very much into Legos. The day after the concert this happened:
[quoted image]

Perfect topper!

1 week later
#4300 2 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Is Premium now in production? FB page shows a girl playing the PREMIUM..

I believe so - LEs were all shipped so makes sense.

#4344 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, it’s definitely worth the wait for that singular experience. I’ve done four NIB (LOTR, MET, JP, STH). But now I’ll always buy games at a show if I can.

Better deals at shows?

#4355 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Shouldn’t pros be next? Typically goes location pros, LEs, 1st full pro run, premiums no?

Pros went to operators in February already. Next set of pros are mostly for consumer orders.

I got lucky with a very early pre-order so I got a leftover first run pro. I have had my Rush for 4+ weeks now.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, Stern allows new promo games that are sold at shows to be sold at a reduced price compared to MSRP. Depending on the show they will have around 300-500 plays on them. I have several friends who have bought pins that way.

Quoted from swampfire:

Yes - in this case it’s $450 off, and I get to jump to the front of the line. I was looking at late summer or fall delivery before.

Nice. Hope to go to Chicago in the fall.

1 week later
#4407 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

It has arrived but it’s on its way out… have a trade that I couldn’t resist. [quoted image]

That's crazy.. I want it

#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

20k is fine but find me a TWD And DP for $20k. It’s possible eventually but not any time soon.

Probably decent deal considering what you paid retail.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s my thought to. We’re both very happy with the trade. I will eventually get Rush. Dying to play it.

Walcome to play my Pro when I get back to town

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.