20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 2 years ago

If/when this Rush lifetime pin becomes a reality it will animate my vital signs using natural science to make my body electric. Then presto, I’m a new world “working” man on a mission.

Ill be workin them angels in my subdivision climbing Jacob’s ladder to get my scores in the limelight.

24CA37A3-35C3-4374-A36F-40D6E4FB7366 (resized).jpeg24CA37A3-35C3-4374-A36F-40D6E4FB7366 (resized).jpeg
#210 2 years ago

I wonder if the 40th anniversary rerelease of Moving Pictures will be tied into this pin? The artwork, songs or both could play a big role I hope. I seriously doubt it will happen but I’d love to see The Camera Eye on the machine.

50A32FFF-03A3-4470-BB37-C0EDD5B351FF (resized).jpeg50A32FFF-03A3-4470-BB37-C0EDD5B351FF (resized).jpeg
#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Be careful what you wish for. Last time a 40th anniversary edition rolled out it was 25k!

This is the pin of a lifetime for me. It will be my first NIB in many years. I will gladly pay for the dream.

#235 2 years ago

Merry Christmas Rush fans! Soon to be new pin owners!

D88BFF25-C192-4F0F-887B-E212D10ADCCE (resized).jpegD88BFF25-C192-4F0F-887B-E212D10ADCCE (resized).jpeg
#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

THIS is THEE dream theme for me and I'm getting an LE regardless of what songs, mechs or artwork. I've waited for this pin to come out for 40 years. I hope it sells like crazy to shut all the smack talkers up and proves it IS a worthy title and there is clearly enough people who wanted this. I REALLY hope they do something special in honor and memory of Neil. When I hear Rush isn't a big deal and only Canadians care about them, I say watch Rush in Rio as 60k fans freaking SING the guitar parts!! This band is/was HUGE and has one of the most loyal fan bases of all time and the demographic connects perfectly to pinheads. Thank you so much Stern for doing this one, I'm all in

Agreed totally. This will be my first new pin in years and it’s an auto buy no matter the artwork or songs listed. Dream pin. Absolutely devotion to the Rush lifestyle. I’ve seen Rush live more times then all other bands combined. I’d never be where I am without them.

#275 2 years ago

I actually think Spirit of Radio has a chance to be the Stern teaser. Not a top ten Rush song imo but it does scream pinball.

#282 2 years ago

I’m still struggling to believe this pin will become a reality. However, it’s too late to control my excitement!

Hoping for a few of songs from the list below to make the cut.

The Camera eye
Vital signs
Mystic rhythms
The body electric
Something for nothing
The enemy within
Finding my way
Red barchetta
Roll the bones
The pass
Distant early warning
Subdivisions

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Subdivisions will def be on there. Probably my favorite Rush lyrics.

Definitely my favorite song.

#293 2 years ago

Totally my opinion but I feel there are two what I’d consider perfect rock albums.

Moving pictures &
Dark side of the moon

Just behind those two is LZ1.

I believe Rush has the absolute best full catalog of any band in rock history. Narrowing their pin to even 15 songs would be a brutal task.

6A0E16EF-BC18-40A2-A30B-9F408CC80DA5 (resized).jpeg6A0E16EF-BC18-40A2-A30B-9F408CC80DA5 (resized).jpeg
#299 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So, hopefully they will include 20 or more!!

How epic 20 songs would be! I am really hoping for a MP40th anniversary dedication and they include all 7 tracks. Then add in another dozen or so from various albums.

I can’t even allow myself to consider these possibilities after how disappointed I was in the Low number and catalog choices of LZ.

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You guys aren't doing yourself any favors by omitting their last couple offerings from your consideration.
Geddy himself says his favorite is their last, Clockwork Angels. I am not disinclined to agree with him.

I think the Garden is one of their best ever songs. Just not sure it’s a pinball type song. Shit I practically cry whenever I hear it. I’d be a mess playing the machine with this roaring in the background lol.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

This song... Has to be on the pin!

What song is it? The video is unavailable for the USA sadly.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fucking perfect album

All 7, please! I can’t even imagine…..

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Weird... Driven

Great song for the pin for sure! I also love The main monkey business.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

YYZ seems like a good bet, wonder if an instrumental like this would have a chance...

I think YYZ would be in for sure. They might use footage of the Rio show for that maybe?

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

It's also one of my top 3 favorite Rush songs.
1. The Camera Eye
2. Entre Nous
3. Losing It

I agree totally. The Camera eye is just amazing. I like this video for it very much.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I am really fond of Distant Early Warning, but I doubt it will make the cut.

I think and hope it makes it. Such a great song that pinball could be set to.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Its near the end of video

You guys are amazing! Very well done. After Rush you all deserve a Columbo pinball!

3ABFCE8E-7229-44BE-8C20-99FA3687610D (resized).jpeg3ABFCE8E-7229-44BE-8C20-99FA3687610D (resized).jpeg
#381 2 years ago

I have a hunch we may hear something tomorrow the 28th. Perhaps a gameplay reveal on NYE?

#390 2 years ago

The wait continues but someone had a cool idea years ago.

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Superficial? Sure. But such a GREAT FCKIN VIDEO and track, we all know this.

LeStudio! Terrible that it burned down and now is only marked by a Rush flag.

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Great freakin song - especially live. I bet Red Sector A will make it.

Yes they could easily mirror the concert effects of Red sector A…… flashing red LEDs. That would be awesome.

#648 2 years ago

This is without question the greatest pinday of my life! I have been a diehard, concert attending Rush fan for 40 years. There is so much to say but I’m truly thankful to those involved who pushed for it to become a reality. I know personally that this pin has been in the works for at least six years with Stern.
When it’s fully revealed I think we will all find out that the band members really had their creative stamp on it, including Neil.

The song list is very deep and while there are a couple of tracks not listed (so far) it’s a supreme list.

This is my first LE and I couldn’t be more excited at 50yrs old. Seems like this came at the right time for a lot of us who miss the band more than most can imagine. Rush is lifestyle for so many and this gives us back some of what has been taken away the last couple of years. Pure bliss, and the ability to be back in the moment.

Since I am probably the worst pinball player on pinside and have very little knowledge of rule sets, I’d like to hear how you all think the songs will be incorporated into the game?

The fact is if these tracks are played in their entirety then that is a lot of music in terms of time.

I don’t buy too many pins but this is the pin of a lifetime for me and I’ll never forget this day.

373452B8-F0B9-4788-A17D-B1F89316F41C (resized).jpeg373452B8-F0B9-4788-A17D-B1F89316F41C (resized).jpeg
#766 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Any distros w/an LE slot available please PM. Thx.
RUSH was the first concert I ever saw. Would love to add the pin.
I deserve it. I had to sit thru Mr. Big!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I saw them in Oakland, 4th row on that tour. When they played subdivisions the roof came off the place!

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I saw them in March 1990 in Oakland and then paid $125 (a lot of money back then) for the June 27, 1990 show at Shoreline for Section 102 Row DD. It was unbelievable and helped me become obsessed with RUSH. That show actually has a pro shot, soundboard bootleg that is widely circulated. I was 20. I have seen them every tour after that and multiple shows on every tour. Would always pay the steep price to be dead center about 15-20 rows back.....just in front of the soundboard for optimal live sound quality.

That is awesome! So much influence to so many people. Their stamp on my life is not quantifiable. I saw them on 3/31/90 on this tour. Below is pic of the stub. I can’t tell what I paid?

C83BC774-4431-483F-8782-C9387EE84EFB (resized).jpegC83BC774-4431-483F-8782-C9387EE84EFB (resized).jpegFFE1B5E6-B153-48AF-A5A8-E1CF78A6631D (resized).jpegFFE1B5E6-B153-48AF-A5A8-E1CF78A6631D (resized).jpeg
#854 2 years ago

For a dedicated Rush owners thread, how about “The Spirit of 2112”?

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Nice wall of ticket stubs! I was 22nd row dead center on July 23, 2015. What a show....they all were.....I saw the March 30th show, 1990. The soundtrack of my life. Rush is too complex for many, not this group. The amount of thought and care in every single song and every single part of their live performance goes UNMATCHED.

Thank you! It’s actually a coffee table with the ticket stubs under the glass. I still can’t believe this is happening. We may get some real surprises on Tuesday!

#861 2 years ago

Noob question. Is the upgraded sound system on the LE generally much better than the premium sound? Or is something 3rd party needed regardless? Thanks.

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Best sound upgrade is adding an external sub. Usually can find one cheap on Craigslist or FB marketplace and alligator clip it to bottom cabinet speaker or use a Pinnovators sub board.

Thanks.
So it sounds like you don’t consider the upgraded LE sound package a true selling point if you are going external anyways?

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

The San Jose Sabercats!!! I was a season ticket holder for many, many years! Miss that team.
Man, I used to have one of those cool ticket collages like yours, had a Super Bowl ticket, an NBA Finals ticket, Olympics, tons of concerts, and then our rental house when we were living on the East Coast flooded and it got destroyed.
You and I are practically neighbors. We should play pinball together sometime.

Sorry to hear that you lost you ticket stubs. That would be difficult. The Sabercats was indeed a great time out! Looking forward to hopefully making it to the pinball festival in Lodi this year.

The Rush pin is still unbelievable to me as there will never be another pin I will need as much as this one.

“Beyond the lighted playfield”

ED5F227A-0C1B-4628-950B-5F02621074EC (resized).jpegED5F227A-0C1B-4628-950B-5F02621074EC (resized).jpeg
#947 2 years ago

The Body Electric cartoon from 1985 set to Rush.

#957 2 years ago

I was playing around and created a playlist with the 17 listed songs. If all the tracks are integrated in their entirety it comes to a total of about 115 minutes of music.

These were all studio versions and 2112 was the overture only which is still 6:45.

003B68F7-3DC4-4784-BA1D-3CAB9178236B (resized).jpeg003B68F7-3DC4-4784-BA1D-3CAB9178236B (resized).jpeg
#964 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Heard rumor that 17 is not final list. I previously also saw post that 19 was mentioned. That makes 100% sense. 19 songs spanning 19 Studio Albums ( not counting the cover album).
So what songs do you think are missing if true!??
Me - I say YYZ and Roll the Bones

If I could pick two additional songs it would probably be The Body Electric and The Camera Eye. Any added songs would be incredible though.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

One song I haven't seen mentioned on here is Mystic Rhythms. It's on the virtual pin as a pop bumper mode. Never thought much about the song until I started playing pinball to it. It's been one of my favorite modes.

The live version of Mystic Rhythms on A Show of Hands is outstanding!

#1018 2 years ago

If there are a couple of songs to be added I’d be thrilled if any came from this list. No particular order.

The Camera eye
The body electric
Roll the bones
The pass
The enemy within
Mystic rhythms
Vital signs
Finding my way
Something for nothing

#1070 2 years ago

In his podcast a few days ago it was said the Borg was touting the LEs artwork and thought it was amazing. One thing is for sure, art is totally subjective. I’ll make my own decision thanks.

I do think If the expression lighting is LE only @$500 more then it’s something to consider when making a decision.

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone know the time of the reveal Tues?

I think I heard someone mention 10am central. Not positive.

#1468 2 years ago

DONE! First LE ever! Never been so thrilled! Got to get back to work to pay for this morning!

#1679 2 years ago

From hearing the podcast on stern a couple of true tidbits came out.

2112 is the entire side 1, and not just the overture. This means a lot to us who love their music.

Rush allowed their entire music and art catalog to be used.

There are over 800 callouts in the game. Apparently this is very different than the LZ involvement.

I think all three art packages are very uniquely Rush with many hidden gems. This pin has the look that will be easily be recalled in many years for its outstanding overall presentation.

Rush obviously helped make this pinball with the dedication that has spanned their entire career.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from faceforward_007:

First LE for me, I never post on here but I'm pretty damn excited! Grew up on these guys, ride motorcycle, read Neil's books, Ghost Rider helped me through some trying times. Wasn't a fan of the cartoon band artwork buts it's grown on me. Dug the premium cab art since I'm from Northern Canada and the dark sky/snow hits home. LE art is amazing as well and the pro. Congrats to everyone involved, pretty sure you hit every fu#%ing nail on the head. I can't wait for this pin and really hope it brings a lot of excitement and joy to everyone else who's a Rush fan, pin enthusiast, or both. The last few years have been rough, so enjoy moments like these

Awesome! Totally with you. Ghost Rider helped me a ton as well. This is the theme of a life and of my lifetime as well.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from faceforward_007:

Fu(k yeah man, everyone goes through sh!t in life but Neil really did well putting his struggles onto paper. I've read his other works and Ghost just responds to me so well. Hope you got the pin you wanted, and I hope you play the hell outta it!

Thanks! First LE ever!

“Why are we here, because we’re here”

#2241 2 years ago

Sorry if I missed this. Does anyone know if the Rush pinball stream will be available after it’s over? I probably can’t make 4pm pt.

#2445 2 years ago

The game looks absolutely marvelous! Music, lights, concepts, and flow! Bravado!

Love the concert footage in black and white! 2112 is going to put me over the edge. I got nothing but gratitude. Can’t wait.

#2602 2 years ago

I have two Bluetooth soundbars each with a sub. Can you tell me if either of these subs would work for Rush? Also I wasn’t sure if it could even pair or hook up without the soundbar? Thanks.

71E3D6C1-2B99-49FD-B4C1-7A9251BAF918 (resized).jpeg71E3D6C1-2B99-49FD-B4C1-7A9251BAF918 (resized).jpeg76DA7B9A-A5C5-466E-9FF1-7CEC1DFC4BC6 (resized).jpeg76DA7B9A-A5C5-466E-9FF1-7CEC1DFC4BC6 (resized).jpeg
#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

You need some low level inputs on the sub. Those are usually red or white RCA type connectors on the back.
https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.com/how-to-connect-a-subwoofer.html

Thank you for the information.

#2659 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Get one of these: amazon.com link »
Converts a high-level signal (woofer terminals) to a low-level signal (the sub input), and is a BALUN. The pin's amp is a 'balanced' output and a the sub's input is likely 'single-ended' (i.e. unbalanced), and a BALUN (BALanced to UNbalanced) eliminates the balanced to single-ended issue. Prevents ground loops too. basically just an audio transformer.
Meant for car stereos, where someone wants to hook up another amp and subs, but the car stereo doesn't have a 'line out' connection. Perfect for this application too.
[quoted image]
Edit: Just saw the original post might have been for a bluetooth sub, my comment was for a wired setup. Looks like you need the soundbar for the wireless sub.

Thanks, it is a bluetooth sub. I do have the soundbars with the subs but had not heard anyone mention using that type of setup on a pin?

#2680 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Can't think of a reason it won't work if the soundbar has the typical left and right RCA inputs. Just get the adapter I mentioned. BTW, you should only need to use one side (L or R, not both) of the adapter. Maybe get a RCA Y adapter at the soundbar input. There might be just a bit of sound lag but if it works OK for movies, should be fine for a pin. May not get much audio out of the soundbar itself, but I assume you're just mostly interested in the bass, right?
Which one do you plan on using (the Klipsch or Sony)? I'll see if I can look it up for you.
Edit: The Klipsch does have RCA inputs. They don't mention the level, but I would think it's fine. The Sony uses to what appears the typical small head phone jack (1/8", 3.5mm), so you would need a RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

Thanks for the info. I will probably wait and just get a Klipsch sub when the pin arrives. I will save the soundbar for something else.

There is no doubt I have a ton of new things to learn. Only Rush could do this!

#2694 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

This is true. Heard their top few songs on radio, owned a cassette back in the day, but didn’t dive deeper into catalog until the last few years.
Now I’m bummed I’ll never see a Rush show.

Rush was the best live band I ever saw. I actually think they consistently sounded better in concert (especially indoors) than in the studio albums.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

I have this DVD set. The SHow of Hands disc has the following:
The Big Money
Marathon
Turn the Page
Prime Mover
Manhattan Project
Closer to the Heart
Red Sector "A"
Force Ten
Mission
Territories
The Rhythm Method - Drum Solo
The SPirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
The Temples of Syrinx/ La Villa Strangiato/ In the Mood
If you already knew this, then I apologize for taking up the bandwidth.

Incredible DVD. Marathon, and Force Ten are specifically outstanding.

#2956 2 years ago

Absolutely can not wait. Taking at least a week off to party with Rush!

EFB754B1-88D1-4249-9413-BFD57F203024 (resized).jpegEFB754B1-88D1-4249-9413-BFD57F203024 (resized).jpeg
#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I remember hearing Subdivisions (now my favorite RUSH song) on the radio when it came out and I was 12. I loved that song but was too young to really comprehend it fully and know who RUSH was. That era is unsurpassed.......

Agreed, Subdivisions is my favorite Rush song. Moving Pictures is what I’d consider a perfect album but so much incredible Rush came after it. Very fond of Grace Under Pressure because of what the band was facing at that time and the music they produced in spite of it.

#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't even like the whole song.
But the 1st two minutes rule lol.
This stupid rap is actually growing on me
EXCORCIST
Wtb craigslist

This is a great version of Roll the Bones at R40. I like the cameos. As far as the rap, I dig it. Rush has a long history of going on their own path and this is another example. Spirit of Radio has a timing and sound change to a reggae component.

https://fb.watch/aAIzUsJ7yy/

#3229 2 years ago

This will probably sound ridiculous to many but I actually use the coin slot. I leverage a tax against myself per game and use the money to pay for other pinball items.

#3230 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

A change over to a RUSH Owner Forum. A while ago it was suggested to convert this Forum/ post into the official RUSH owners club at some point in the future. 1. When should that occur? Is that time now? 2. Any suggestions for the new name????
PinBalt

The Spirit of 2112!

1 week later
#3698 2 years ago

Here is a new FB group for Rush owners if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/598745381195676/?ref=share

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I think it was 84 I went to the Kabuki theater in SF and saw 3 new up and coming bands the opening band was Metallica

Awesome the Kabuki in SF! I saw Rush at the Oakland coliseum arena in the 1980s. It was astonishing and blew away everything I had seen before or after by any band. I saw The Rolling Stones shortly after at the Coliseum with 65,000 others, and I still remember thinking how most in that crowd had no clue that Rush was just in town and that Rush was in a class by themselves. The stones were not in the same musical galaxy imo.

1 week later
#4063 2 years ago

I took out some Rush concert items from my collection including a keychain which I can’t wait to use.

567B11EC-BD5C-4F7B-A0EB-F78512B6F2ED (resized).jpeg567B11EC-BD5C-4F7B-A0EB-F78512B6F2ED (resized).jpeg
#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

i

Waiting for a Pro as well i hope i get a later run, i can wait a little rather have then fix the issue First.. my distro is 10 hours away in Hillsborough OR...im in norther Ca oh well no sales Tax

Have you ever had any trouble getting a pin worked on by a distributor who is far away? I also live in Northern Cal. and thought about using an Oregon distributor.

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Nobody has received an LE yet so who knows. The video that Borg posted a week ago showed LEs on the line with different scoop protectors than the pros shipped with. I’m guessing that the parts dept is out of the loop and the LEs have the fix. We will know soon enough.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Pro and the LE protector seen in Borg’s video?

#4132 2 years ago

I just got a PM from Tim Sexton confirming the LEs are being built with the scoop protector fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=jpc211245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.