20220309_105743 (resized).jpg
01917F30-5D3C-4635-A0FE-2D5432E58144 (resized).jpeg
20220308_152414 (resized).jpg
C7E368C2-D152-4737-B5A1-6FBEFB91B63C (resized).jpeg
1D162556-741F-4F2C-8400-61D40CD21509 (resized).jpeg
DAADB7DB-5CF7-4A9B-B9F7-4AE9C50A883C (resized).jpeg
D86D0F35-6F29-4C63-A0FD-AE003E7016B9 (resized).jpeg
5B476B4A-5408-46C6-BFF6-B775FED89A42 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I have some but haven't tried it yet. I also have this and haven't tried it yet either.[quoted image]

Oooooo.... do you know where I get some?

#52 2 years ago

well, that was a missed opportunity

I guess they could save face doing a teaser on new year's eve to go out of 20(21) / (12)

#252 2 years ago

I was exposed to them in 1980 with permanent waves.

I like to think that many of their style changes came in 3's before finding "their" sound with moving pictures

rush - fly by night - caress of steel

2112 - a farewell to kings - hemispheres

permanent waves - moving pictures - signals

there are so many great deep cuts on all of their albums. tracks that didn't get much (if any) airplay, like:
- in the end (fly by night)
- something for nothing (2112)
- circumstances (hemispheres)
- jacob's ladder (permanent waves)
- witch hunt & vital signs (moving pictures)

and all of the instrumentals are just awesome jams

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

As a fan of Rush for the last 42 years, I'm not sure what's more surprising. The fact that a Rush pin is actually being made, or that a Rush pin is being made with YYZ not making the track list? I must admit I'm kinda mindblown by that omission. A bit of a head scratcher imo.

maybe this leads to the possibility of the fans picking additional tracks that are added to the game sort of like what they did with metallica. although, I'm already floored at the fact that we're getting 17 songs which is a lot more than any other pinball machine (music or otherwise) has gotten

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I never hooked up my IMLE to asub becau6 the upgraded speakers sound really nice, but this,... this...
This might get TWO subs

@Gryszzz
I think I've got you beat. I won this at the music rising auction a few weeks ago and this will become my sub/sound system for the pin (or at the very least displayed next to the machine
lifeson's amp (resized).pnglifeson's amp (resized).png

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not a fan of the band but I hope you RUSH fans get the pin you deserve unlike us Led Zeppelin fans who got a crap fest. Happy for you guys and looking forward to see what Borg came up with unlike Ritchie’s Swan Song Stern pin.

for as much as I like LZ, I'm glad that I wasn't on board for a machine (especially after seeing that mr. richie kind of just phoned it in). I feel that it could have been so much more than it turned out to be and feel bad for all the LZ fans that it was their grail pin.

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm simply stating my personal feelings about this pin, exactly like everyone else in this thread. I didn't know this thread only allowed 100% positive posts, sorry for my ignorance. Also, I hope you also downvote everyone else that isn't super positive about this pin as we obviously can't be allowed to have different opinions

it's not about having to provide 100% positive comments. however, it seems odd that anyone would bother to insert themselves into a thread for something they're not passionate about and then wonder why stones are cast at them

constructive criticism is always welcome, but mindless comments are best kept to yourself

when introduced to new acquaintances, you don't start off by saying "I dislike everything that you do, so let's move on and talk about the stuff that I like", do you?

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

Alex on the left, Geddy on the right, Neil in the middle, each connected to a shot. A washing machine somewhere on the PF that works as a ball lock, perhaps. 2112 drop targets. Maybe a Temple of Syrinx in a back corner. Good flow, not stop and start.

I dunno. that's an awful lot of drop targets. I think that the playfield wouldn't have a lot of open shots with that many drop targets

#963 2 years ago

maybe we'll get more and stern can beat out the 22 tracks on the g n r pinball

#1114 2 years ago

IMG_8889 (resized).jpgIMG_8889 (resized).jpg
from my sisyphus table

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

And thank you also Ed Robertson for taking this on as Creative Director for the game!

here here. I cannot think of a more passionate person to take on the role and help coach the band. loving the fact that alex and geddy really seem to have wanted to delve deep into how things work to give it their all in the call-outs.

thanks ed

#2057 2 years ago

just confirmed my LE with my distributor and the number that I'm getting. let's just say that I'm pleased as punch and that my distributor is the best!

#2159 2 years ago

does anyone have a link to hi-res images for all 3 models?

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Holy crap that was a lot of purple!
The game looks like it’s going to be brutal stacking and building values rules with almost no time to pause and focus.
I really despise these strategies of ‘boost the values’ on everything as a game mechanic. Use in moderation… not across the board. If you need a calculator to estimate a shot’s value… you’ve gone too far.
Like (but not as bad as…) zep the focus on the song seems to rob the game of direct player payoff/gratification for doing things. No, displaying s score doesn’t count… think theatrics like the castle blowing up, taf storm, Metallica sparky, etc.
And the sound fx… the drums snd beeps… oi
Looks like a lot to do the game… but rules that are too virtual and too score verse objective driven

too purple? hell yes. a friend and I joked that they could use the game for a prince re-theme. I don't know if it's the playfield art, the LEDs under the slings and inlanes or a combination of the two, but hopefully it's not that bad when I get mine.

#2810 2 years ago

listening to the stern insider panel interview and around the 33:40 mark, sexton mentions that there's a mode that unlocked revolving around 'the weapon'. that track is not a part of the 17 songs currently revealed making me think that we might get additional tracks with software updates.

I'd love to see stern beat out the 22 songs on JJP's guns 'n roses pin

#2915 2 years ago

repeat question:
has anyone found links to the high resolution press photos for all versions of the game? if so, can you provide links?

#2964 2 years ago

can't wait for this. one of the arcade's near me is also receiving an LE

#3003 2 years ago

other than 'far cry', nothing from snakes & arrows got a lot of love (or airplay) back in the day, but I really think 'armor & sword' and 'hope' are standout tracks. neither are fast paced enough for a place in the game, but both are fantastic songs in my opinion. plus, it's their only studio album featuring 3 instrumental tracks

'the main monkey business' or 'malignant narcissism' could potentially work in the game. tmmb has some nice ebbs and flows and mn could work well as a victory laps mode

#3005 2 years ago

wan't counterparts the album that their producer had alex ditch most if not all of his effects and geddy drop the keyboards for the most part to have them 'get back to basics'? 'leave that thing alone' is still probably one of my all-time favorite instrumentals that they've done

#3118 2 years ago

fun fact:
the automaton / automata (the last judgement / hells kitchen) shown at the end of the 'mystic rhythm' video is owned by marvin's marvelous mechanical museum in farmington hills, mi.
it's kind of hidden but maybe I can convince jeremy to put it back out on display

https://www.facebook.com/marvinsmarvelousmechanicalmuseum/photos/yes-another-in-the-series-on-one-of-the-most-unique-automatonautomata-pieces-in-/3365051946889598

#3223 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I hate LEAN manufacturing. hmmm.. let's see.. let's give them something between this & that, save $100 for the company.. they'll never notice the difference! NOT.
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0708-00
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0008-00

better comparison, but I couldn't find a site that carries both
https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/coin-door-c120-sr3-1-chute-w-0-mech-501-5018-900_39802_11359
EUR 130.62

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-coin-door-for-spike-system-machines-with-4-button-service-assembly-wiring-harness.html
$189.00

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For years Lyman was on my ass to listen to some of the later Rush albums that I kept procrastinating about - so, today I FINALLY started on Clockwork Angels. I’m 9 songs in, and to be honest, it’s kind of forgettable. Kinda mellow actually. I mean, it’s fine - I just haven’t heard a really addictive tune yet like the Rush songs I already know and love.

snakes & arrows was like that for me initially but about 5 years ago I gave it another listen and really like 'far cry', 'armor & sword', 'spindrift', and 'hope'
on clockwork angels; 'caravan', 'the anarchist', 'the wreckers', and 'headlong flight' are good jams

#3451 2 years ago

I know that people bag on rush with the whole harry potter thing, but truthfully the LEGO hedweg would kind of make a cool topper.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 07-20-08 Hogwarts™ Icons - Collectors' Edition 76391 Harry Potter™ Buy online at the Official LEGO[...]Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 07-20-08 Hogwarts™ Icons - Collectors' Edition 76391 Harry Potter™ Buy online at the Official LEGO[...]

#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

It's a problem with the flaps inside the scoop so not sure that will help. ...

I wonder if this will require a mantis type protector in addition to the cliffy style. (like what I did on my MET and RFM)

#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. I’m surprised that Rush has two though.

that's because rush harnesses the power of the raisin bran sun. don't piss him off though
2 scoops (resized).png2 scoops (resized).png

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I enjoy listening to "Subdivisions" while driving around my subdivision
Subdivisions
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

or "neighborhoods" as a friend of mine calls it that claims I ruined rush for him by playing it all the time in my vehicle. I am this guy:

(except that my catalog of the 19 studio albums and 'exit stage left' is on a thumbdrive

#3854 2 years ago

the 2nd side of power windows has always been a favorite of mine. 'territories' (especially the bass & drums on the fade out), 'middletown dreams', 'emotion detector' and 'mystic rhythms'. such a perfect album side

'prime mover' on hold your fire has always been a favorite track as well

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The video above shows the upgraded scoop protector. Looks like it now attaches under two posts and seems to flare out along the sides. Can’t see the inside at all. Here are a couple of poor quality screen grabs.[quoted image][quoted image]

a little birdie told me that the original screw-up was with the supplier for the scoop protectors. they delivered materials that weren't what was original specified (thinner and of a softer metal).

#3993 2 years ago

nice poster. I'd have it professionally matted though.

2 weeks later
#4252 2 years ago

I believe that a lot of people are starting to receive their LEs now, this should get more posts to the thread this week

1 week later
#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Still got this today so Ice Cube told me it was a good day[quoted image]

Gryszzz 'armor & sword' and 'hope' from 'snakes & arrows'

#4330 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

Yeah! You're 100% correct! I fixed my mistake later and cleaned the balls with glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth.

no, correcting your mistake would be putting those crappy spheres in your recycle and putting in some quality pinballs.
seriously, I've seen some really bad quality balls come shipped with games from both stern and spooky. anything to save a few pennies here and there

#4336 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

what kind of pinball's do you reccomend

ball baron has some really nice products. for a game like RUSH that has magnets, you'll want to use a carbon steel (instead of a chrome) ball to reduce the probability of the balls becoming easily magnetized

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-pin-all-the-world-is-indeed-a-stage-and-we-are-merely-players?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.